Go, come on.
Jill Scott, Erykah Badu.
Jill Scott, Erykah Badu.
来自费城传奇的 Roots ,女士们先生们
The legendary Roots crew from Philly, ladies and gentlemen.
布鲁克林!
Brooklyn!
聚会还未结束
The party ain’t over.
聚会还没结束
The party is not over.
The Roots 过去常办即兴演出
QUESTLOVE: The Roots used to hold jam sessions
每周日晚上,在纽约一个叫 Wetlands 的俱乐部
at this club called Wetlands in New York City every Sunday night.
很多时候,我们 Roots 是主要乐队
So, a lot of the times, we were… The Roots were the house band.
Jill 会过来,做点什么
And Jill would get up and do something.
Talib 也会过来,做点什么
Then Talib would be there, he’d do something.
Common 也会过来,干点什么
Then Common would be there and he’d do something.
Erykah 也会来,干点什么
And Erykah would be there and do something.
Mos 也会来,都一个道理
And Mos would get up, the same thing, you know.
这也不是什么很不平常的事
So, it’s not even surprising
这些艺术家聚集起来
that these are the particular artists that are chosen.
我们这些人♥大♥家都有所互动
You know, like, all of us were interacting with each other,
早在我们正式合作之前
even before we all had record contracts.
♪ 握着我的爪, Jill ♪ ♪ 记录下来 ♪
(SINGING) ♪ Take my paw, Jill ♪ (SINGING) ♪ Write this down ♪
♪ 不 ♪ ♪ 我现在不会说 ♪
♪ No ♪ ♪ I’m not gonna say it right now ♪
♪ 明天也许不会到来 ♪
♪ Tomorrow may never come ♪
♪ 对于你我,生活并不确定 ♪
(SINGING) ♪ For you or me, life is not promised ♪
♪ 明天也许从来不会出现 ♪
♪ Tomorrow may never show up ♪
♪对于你我,生活并不确定♪
♪ For you or me, this life is not promised ♪
♪ Yeah ♪
♪ Yeah ♪
♪(UMI SAYS)
♪(PERFORMING UMI SAYS)
♪ 人无完人,我只求能够做到最好 ♪
♪ I ain’t no perfect man I’m trying to do the best that I can ♪
♪ 用我手上的资源 ♪
♪ with what it is I have ♪
我是 Dante
(VOICEOVER) My name is Dante.
有的人叫我 Mos Def, 有的人叫我别的
Some people call me Mos Def. Some people call me other things.
♪ 用我这手中的麦克风 ♪
(SINGING) ♪ With this mike in my hand ♪
♪ 收效不一,我仍要发声 ♪
♪ Even though it’s feeding back and shit I’m still gonna come legit ♪
♪ 将我的全部身心投入其中 ♪
♪ Put my heart and soul into it, y’all ♪
♪ 贝史蒂,你感觉到了吗? ♪
♪ Bed-Stuy, do you feel me? ♪
♪ 从我所来到你所在 ♪
♪ From where I am to wherever you are ♪
♪ 我是认真的 ♪
♪ I mean it, I mean it, I mean it ♪
♪ 你应该好好珍视这一刻 ♪
♪ You better hold this very moment very close to you ♪
♪ 晚上八点,9月18日,2004年,生日快乐 ♪
♪ 8:00 in the p.m., September 18, 2004, happy birthday ♪
♪ 如此亲密 ♪
♪ So close to you ♪
♪ 不要忧心 ♪
♪ Don’t be afraid ♪
♪ 布鲁克林一起唱 ♪
♪ Brooklyn, let it shine, sing ♪
♪ 妈妈说要在这世上闪耀你的光芒 ♪
♪ My Umi said shine your light on the world ♪
♪ 她说了什么? ♪
♪ What’d she say? ♪
♪ 在这世上闪耀光芒 ♪
CROWD: ♪ Shine your light on the world ♪
♪ 她就是这样说的,妈妈说要在这世上闪耀你的光芒 ♪
♪ That’s what she said, my Umi said shine your light on the world ♪
♪ 她说了什么? ♪ ♪ 要在这世上闪耀光芒 ♪
♪ What’d she say? ♪ ♪ Shine your light for the world to see ♪
♪ Break it down ♪
♪ Break it down ♪
♪ 我全身心投入这场聚会 ♪
♪ I put my heart and soul into this show ♪
♪ 布鲁克林你感受到了吗? ♪
♪ Brooklyn, do you feel me? ♪
♪ 有时我不想被人打扰 ♪
♪ Sometimes I don’t want to be bothered ♪
♪ 我只想过平静的生活 ♪
♪ Sometimes I just want a quiet life ♪
♪ 我与我的孩子,我与我的另一半 ♪
♪ Me and my babies Me and my lady ♪
♪ 有时我不想卷入战争之中 ♪
♪ Sometimes I don’t want to get into no war ♪
♪ 有时我不想当那士兵 ♪
♪ Sometimes I don’t wanna be a soldier ♪
♪ 有时我只想做我自己 ♪
♪ Sometimes I just wanna be Dante ♪
♪ 但妈妈说要在这世上闪耀你的光芒 ♪
♪ But Umi said shine your light on the world ♪
♪ 闪耀你的光芒,让全世界见证 ♪
♪ Shine your light for the world to see ♪
♪ 妈妈说要在这世上闪耀你的光芒 ♪
♪ My Umi said shine your light on the world ♪
♪ 闪耀你的光芒 ♪
♪ Shine it right on the world ♪
♪ 我想让我的族人获得自♥由♥ ♪
♪ I want my people to be free ♪
那是小Fred Hampton, 那是 Fred Hampton.
That’s Fred Hampton Jr. That’s Fred Hampton.
小 Fred Hampton ? 你好哇?
Fred Hampton Jr.? What’s up, baby?
小Fred Hampton , 就是那个被录像的先生
Fred Hampton Jr., the gentleman that was on camera
就在刚才
not long ago
是我的一位好朋友,他是一位真正高尚的绅士
is a good friend of mine, comrade, and he’s an excellent gentleman.
他是 Fred Hampton 的儿子
He’s the son of Fred Hampton,
Fred Hampton 是当时芝加哥一位18岁,19岁的黑豹党成员
who was a young 18-, 19-year-old Black Panther in Chicago,
在街道上,社区上为别人服务
working with people in the communities, in the streets
然后警♥察♥来了在他的床上把他杀了
and the police came and killed him in his bed
把他的女伴也杀了
with his woman,
还有他的新生的… 他的女伴肚子里还没出生的儿子
and his newborn… His yet-to-be-born son in his woman’s belly.
就是这位 Fred 主席
Which is Chairman Fred over here.
释放所有的政♥治♥囚犯,不要剪辑
Free all political prisoners. Don’t edit that.
不要剪掉,一定要放上去
Don’t cut that. Make sure you put that on there.
释放所有的政♥治♥囚犯
Free all political prisoners.
一定要放出来,不要删不要剪
Make sure that on there. Don’t edit. Don’t cut it.
不要任何的后期制♥作♥
In the raw, no mix, no segue.
释放 Mumia Abu-Jamal, Sundiata Acoli 和所有的政♥治♥囚犯
Free Mumia Abu-Jamal, Sundiata Acoli and all political prisoners.
释放纽约三君子,不要剪,一定要发出来
Free the New York Three. Don’t edit that. Make sure they go there. Uncut.
说吧, Fred Hampton.
Tell it, Fred Hampton.
对,对,抬起头来,睁开眼睛,握紧拳头
Right on. Right on. Heads up, eyes open and fists clenched.
抬起头来,睁开眼睛,握紧拳头
Heads up, eyes open and fists clenched.
抬起头来,睁开眼睛,握紧拳头
Heads up, eyes open, fists clenched.
看这边,说,将权力还给人♥民♥
Look here, right on. Say, “Power to the people.”
将权力还给人♥民♥
MOS DEF: Power to the people.

没错,我感受到了很多关于恐♥怖♥主♥义♥的讨论
Right on. We sense a lot of talk going around about terrorism.
我们说黑人是 O.V.s, 恐♥怖♥主♥义♥的最初受害者
We say black people are the O.V.s, the original victims of terrorism.
我们说政♥治♥囚犯是恐♥怖♥主♥义♥的受害者
We say political prisoners are victims of terrorism.
我们说:释放他们!
We say our position is “Free them all.”
我们说,非洲的战士们,释放他们!
We say, those soldiers in Attica, free them all.
我们说什么? 释放他们!
What’s the call? Free them all.
Mumia Abu-Jamal. 释放他们!
Mumia Abu-Jamal. Free them all.
Sundiata Acoli. 释放他们!
Sundiata Acoli. Free them all.
Ruchell Cinque Magee! 释放他们!
Ruchell Cinque Magee! Free them all.
纽约三君子,释放他们!
The New York Three. Free them all.
我们说,释放那些政♥治♥囚犯和斗争囚犯
Man, we say, free all political prisoners and prisoners of war.
把权力交给人♥民♥,释放他们!
Power to the people. Free them all.
♪ 要自♥由♥,要自♥由♥,要自♥由♥,要自♥由♥ ♪
(SINGING) ♪ To be free, to be free To be free, to be free ♪
♪ 要自♥由♥,要自♥由♥,要自♥由♥,要自♥由♥ ♪
♪ To be free, to be free To be free, to be free ♪
♪ 要自♥由♥ ♪
♪ To be free ♪
♪ 要自♥由♥ ♪
♪ To be free ♪
♪ Break it down ♪
♪ Break it down ♪
♪ 要自♥由♥,要自♥由♥ ♪
♪ To be free, to be free ♪
好了,听着
All right, listen.
咱们今天把种族问题解决一下
We’re going to settle this racial shit right now.
我们要通过跟这帮白人打球来争取自♥由♥
We’re playing these white people for our freedom.
Dave Chappelle 能进吗?
“Can Dave Chappelle ball?”
他妈的进不了,你什么意思我能进不?
No, I can’t ball, motherfucker. What do you mean, can I ball?
你都没看到
Y’all missed it.
你在那整你那玩意,我在另一个场上
You was reloading the camera, I was all the way on the other court.
告诉他们,他们总是不信
Tell them what I did. They’ll never believe me.
好了,这就是我,瞧瞧
All right , here I am. Okay, look. This is me.
我在后面,我运球,感觉良好,瞄准,发射
I’m all the way back, I dribble, get my confidence, aim, fire.
♪ 咋的啦 ♪
TALIB KWELI: ♪ What’s up? ♪
哦,我去
Oh, shit!
♪(GET BY)
♪(PERFORMING GET BY)
♪ 大获成功再创佳绩就像《克隆人进攻》 ♪
(RAPPING) ♪ We go through episodes like Attack of the Clones ♪
♪ 努力工作好似折断了后背,你还能听到断裂的声响 ♪
♪ Work till we break our back and you hear the crack of the bone ♪
♪ 为了度日,为了活着,为了混下去,为了生活 ♪
♪ To get by, just to get by Just to get by, just to get by ♪
♪ 我们问为什么有的人要住在拖车 ♪
♪ We asking why some people got to live in a trailer ♪
♪ 像海员一样咒骂 而我像诺曼一样用笔作画 ♪
♪ ‘Cause like a sailor I paint a picture with the pen like Norman ♪
♪ 奶奶独自抚养三个女孩,未曾要求帮忙 ♪
♪ Mi abuela raised three daughters all by herself, with no help ♪
♪ 我想着她经历的困难,自己也获得力量 ♪
♪ I think about her struggle and I find the strength in myself ♪
♪ 词句热辣,在嘴中融化,亦似那监狱在那亚利桑那 ♪
♪ These words melt in my mouth They hot like the jail cell in the South ♪
♪ 直到我的好兄弟 Core ♪ ♪ 保我出来 ♪
♪ Before my nigga Core ♪ ♪ Bailed me out ♪
♪ 为了度日,为了活着,为了混下去,为了生活 ♪
♪ To get by, just to get by Just to get by, just to get by ♪
♪ 在贝史蒂人们忙忙碌碌 ♪
♪ We do or die like Bed-Stuy through the red sky ♪
♪ 透过红眼望向窗外血红的天空 ♪
♪ Out the window of the red eye ♪
♪ 匪帮说唱精神长存 ♪
♪ Let the lead fly on some G Rap shit ♪
♪ 我在早上醒来 ♪
♪ This morning I woke up ♪

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!