♪ I love it when she sings to me It’s like ♪
♪ 哦,你让我的世界天旋地转 ♪
(SINGING) ♪ Ooh, you know you rock my world ♪
♪ 你做男孩 ♪
♪ And you be boy ♪
♪ 我来做女孩 ♪
CROWD: ♪ And I’ll be girl ♪
♪ 生生不息,永不停止 ♪
♪ And it don’t stop ♪
♪ 直到那黎明破晓 ♪
♪ Until the break of dawn ♪
♪ 大家一起唱 ♪
♪ Sing it, y’all, come on ♪
♪ 它不,它不,它不,它不 ♪
♪ It don’t, it don’t It don’t, it don’t ♪
她跳进了大家的怀抱中
She jumped off into the crowd’s arms.
真刺♥激♥
That was exciting.
♪ 就是这样,永不停止 ♪
(RAPPING) ♪ Yes, yes, y’all And you don’t stop ♪
♪ 我们要在这伴奏上歌♥唱,不会停止 ♪
♪ We like to rock to the beat And you don’t stop ♪
♪ Kool Herc in the house,继续歌♥唱 ♪
♪ Kool Herc in the house And you don’t stop ♪
那个女人绝对是为我们开辟了道路
JILL SCOTT: That chick right there has definitely led the way
无论是对于我还是其他的姐♥妹♥们♥
for me and a lot of other sisters.
我很感谢她
You know, I appreciate it.
在她之后表演你会紧张吗?
MICHEL GONDRY: Are you nervous you’re gonna perform after her?
我在安抚你的情绪
I’m trying to get your feelings out.
你看过我表演吗?
Have you ever seen me perform?
我就是 Jill Scott.
I am the lady, Jill Scott.
我是诗人,也是歌♥手
I am a poet and a singer
也干许多别的事
and a lot of other things.
这个是我的痘痘, Herbert
And this is my pimple, Herbert.
他是今天早上来的,要在这呆一阵
He arrived today and he decided to stay.
我们明天看看他表演怎么样
So we’ll see his performance tomorrow.
他们在化妆
They’re fixing me.
现在我看不到他了
Now I can’t see him.
他问,我能看看你的痘吗?不行
He said, “Can I see your pimple?” No.
♪(THE WAY)
♪(PERFORMING THE WAY)
♪ 早上醒来 ♪
(SINGING) ♪ Woke up this morning ♪
♪ 脸上带着一抹微笑 ♪
♪ With a smile on my face ♪
♪ 从床上起来 ♪
♪ Jumped out of bed ♪
♪ 洗个澡 ♪
♪ Took a shower ♪
♪ 然后我打扫房♥间 ♪
♪ And I cleaned up my place ♪
♪ 为自己做些早饭 ♪
♪ Made me some breakfast ♪
♪ 我吃了点吐司和两个煎蛋 ♪
♪ I had some toast and two scrambled eggs ♪
♪ 拿上钥匙和钱包 ♪
♪ Grabbed my keys Grabbed my purse ♪
♪ 拿起夹克准备去工作 ♪
♪ Grabbed my jacket Off to work ♪
♪ 一路闪耀 ♪
♪ Beaming all the way ♪
♪ 你爱我,宝贝 ♪
♪ You love me, baby ♪
♪ 你爱我,宝贝 ♪ ♪ 你爱我,宝贝 ♪
♪ You love me, baby ♪ ♪ You love me, baby ♪
♪ 是这样吗 ♪
♪ Is it the way ♪
♪ 你爱我,宝贝 ♪
♪ You love me, baby ♪
我知道
I know.
Jill Scott.我喜欢她
Jill Scott. I love her.
我看了 Mos Def.
I’ve seen Mos Def.
天哪,我好激动!
Oh, my gosh, I’m so excited!
太棒了
Oh, it’s wonderful.
第一次来纽约,感觉真好
It’s great being out here in New York for my first time.
感觉就像在家,对
I feel kind of like I’m at home. Yeah.
看着人们来这里,很舒服
Seeing all these people out here with locks, it’s comfortable.
真的很好
You know, it’s nice, though.
没上过屋顶就不能说来过布鲁克林
See, you can’t come to Brooklyn without coming to the rooftop.
到了屋顶才算来了纽约
This is New York when you’re on the rooftop.
每次看电影,总得是有个屋顶的场景
Every time you show a movie, it always show somebody on the rooftop.
这里就是
This is it.
我们也在拍电影
So we here doing it.
在屋顶上
On a rooftop.
烤点肉,你该看看那些迷人的姑娘们
The barbeque… You should see the lovely women.
我们所有人…都有一样共同点
QUESTLOVE: All of us have… What we have in common
就是我们的观众跟我们不是一类人
is that our audience doesn’t look like us.
对于他也是一样
And it’s the same for him.
因为不管他用什么方法表达
Because of whatever vehicle that he’s working at the time,
只会吸引某些人
it attracts a certain demographic.
而等到了他真正的走向了更大的主流市场
And I guess around the time when the thing that was out for him
人们开始因为像《半仙半死》这样的电影知道他
was, you know, like people knowing about Half Baked.
这就像是后911时代
And it was like post-9/11.
就像是
So, pretty much like…
观众们都是
The audience was full of, like,
像兄弟会成员的那种小孩
these wild frat boys, like, you know, like,
他们希望他保持电影里的角色
that just wanted him to do his character.
他一讲故事,观众们就会打断他
‘Cause he was telling stories, they would always interrupt his narrative.
跟他们说我说了什么
But tell them what I said,
那时候正出狙击手的事,我怎么说的?
that’s when the sniper was out, what did I say?
我说那人是黑人
I said the sniper was black. Oh. We, we…
对…我说对了吧?
Yeah… Did I not say that?
他说准了关于华盛顿狙击手的事
Yeah. He predicted that the DC Sniper…
是黑…是个黑人
Was black. …was black.
因为他周六周日不上班
‘Cause he was taking weekends off.
谁家狙击手像他这么办事?
What kind of white sniper’s gonna do some shit like that?
白人狙击手,起的早早的,开始杀人
A white sniper’s up early, killing.
♪(BOOM)
♪(PERFORMING BOOM)
♪ 派对上的人们,聚集起来 ♪
(RAPPING) ♪ Party people gather round ♪
♪ 我们这孕育着全新的声响 ♪
♪ What we have here is a brand new sound ♪
♪ 妄图企及我的高度你将遭受失败 ♪
♪ Reach for my waist Y’all hit the ground ♪
♪ 在我吞吐词句时你最好乖乖躲好 ♪
♪ You better duck when I start spitting the rounds ♪
♪ 它是这样,砰,砰,砰 ♪
♪ It goes, boom, boom, boom ♪
♪ 对啦,停车场里时常有这样的事 ♪
♪ Yeah, that’s what’s happening in the parking lot ♪
♪ 看看吧,人们 ♪
♪ Check it out, y’all ♪
♪ 舞台上也常有发生 ♪
♪ That’s what’s happening on stage ♪
♪ 不必着急,我不是为了媒体公♥关♥ ♪
♪ Hold your flix, I’m not for the photo ops ♪
♪ 根植文化,代号♥名为亚非特·科托 ♪
♪ It’s Black, code name Yaphet Kotto ock ♪
最近如何?我是The Roots 的MC Black Thought
What’s good? Black Thought from the Roots crew, holding it down.
Frank Knuckles 来自 the Roots 你好
Frank Knuckles of the Roots. One love.
我是 Kamal 来自 the Roots 我是个酒鬼
I’m Kamal from the Roots and I’m an alcoholic.
Ahmir Thompson. 我是这场活动的官方指定拍照片的
Ahmir Thompson. I’m the official photographer of this event.
我是 Kirk, 又叫 Kirk 队长
My name is Kirk, AKA Captain Kirk.
也叫 Roscoe, 还叫 Tracy Chapman.
AKA Roscoe, AKA Tracy Chapman.
我在 the Roots 里面弹吉他
I play guitar with the Roots crew.
类好啊?我是 Martin Luther, 来自 Rebel Soul Music.
What’s happening? Martin Luther, Rebel Soul Music.
♪ 派对上的人们… ♪
(RAPPING) ♪ Party people… ♪
我是 H-U-B, Hub, Leonard Hubbard 演奏贝斯, 也是 the Roots 的一员
This is H-U-B, Hub, Leonard Hubbard on the bass, representing the Roots Crew
致力于让黑人音乐文化保持活力
and keeping black music alive.
你好, Big Daddy Kane. 来这就是来展示一点爱,你懂的
BIG DADDY KANE: What’s up? Big Daddy Kane. Just here to show love, you know.
很高兴能参与进来,你懂的
I’m glad to be a part of this, you know.
the Roots 牛逼, Dave 也牛逼,因为他们展示了兄弟般的爱
Big ups to the Roots. Big up to Dave, for, you know, showing a brother love.
♪ 掌权的人们统治着学校 ♪
(RAPPING) ♪ The man at hand that rule the school ♪
♪ 找到人们,教育人们,让他们获得知识 ♪
♪ And teach and reach the blind and find a way from A to Z ♪
♪ 然后大声说出我的骄傲 ♪
♪ And be the most to boast I’m loud and proud ♪
♪ 这场游戏就是要统治你剩余的罪恶感 ♪
♪ The game to reign You remain guilty ♪
♪ 场面升温,感受这紧张的局面 ♪
♪ The heat is on so feel the fire come off the empire ♪
♪ 创造全新局面,再上一阶 ♪
♪ all the more higher level of depth one step beyond dope ♪
♪ 鼠辈们窥视着妄图得手 ♪
♪ To suckers all smoke and hope to cope with notes ♪
♪ 但我从来不会给他们机会 ♪
♪ ‘Cause I could never let them on top of me ♪
♪ 将他们戏耍,就像在玩大富翁 ♪
♪ I play them out like a game of Monopoly ♪
♪ 让他们盲目追究权威如同万有引力 ♪
♪ Let it speed around the board like an astro ♪
♪ 然后将其送入监狱 ♪
♪ And send them to jail for trying to pass go ♪
♪ 震撼他们的根基,击碎他们的精神 ♪
♪ Shaking them up, breaking them up, taking no stuff ♪
♪ 声势不够浩大,所以 Questlove 前来助阵 ♪
♪ But it still ain’t loud enough So Questlove let the fire grow ♪
♪ 大家都说“ ho ” ♪
♪ Everybody in the house say, “Ho!” ♪
♪ 派对的人们聚集起来,我们这里孕育着全新的声响 ♪
♪ Party people gather round What we have here is a brand new sound ♪
♪ 妄图企及我的高度你将遭受失败 ♪
♪ Reach for my waist y’all hit the ground ♪
♪ 在我吞吐词句时你最好乖乖躲好 ♪
♪ You better duck when I start spitting the rounds ♪
♪ 就像这样,“砰,砰,砰,砰” ♪
♪ and going, “Boom, boom, boom, boom” ♪
♪ 这就是停车场里发生的事 ♪
♪ That’s what’s happening in the parking lot ♪
♪ 你们还没准备好呢 ♪
♪ Y’all are not ready for it ♪
看看这个
Yo, check it.
♪ 身在现场,精进我的旋律让它更好 ♪
♪ I’m live, design a finer rhyme that’s right on time ♪
♪ 再进一步却不越界 ♪
♪ One step beyond and not behind the line ♪
♪ 这就将思考与圣言分隔开来 ♪
♪ That separates thought from divine ♪
♪ 你可以把它看作警示牌 ♪