卢克,我们拿下了亚洲
Luke, we’ve taken Asia.
拉塞尔,房♥贷经纪人的文章有没有写好
Russell, how’s that article on mortgage brokers?
反响一定巨大 – 薪水
It’s gonna be huge. – Paycheck.
嗯,瑞贝卡? – 谢谢
Uh, Rebecca? – Thank you.
什么事? – 你和我一起去
Yes? – I want you to come with me
参加下周的APA大会 (APA:美国出版社协会)
to the APA Conference next week.
没问题 什么是APA大会
Absolutely. What’s the APA Conference?
是一年中杂♥志♥界最大的盛会
The biggest magazine event of the year.
在迈阿密
In Miami.
哦,卢克,我一定会去的
Oh, Luke. I think I should definitely be there.
早点去 我的意思是,要保证
Early, I mean, and you know, make sure that
旅店舒适,餐厅美味
the hotel’s OK and find good restaurants in case
以防有人需要放松一下 我并没有这种想法
anyone wants to relax. Not that I intend to,
但谁知道呢 说不定有人这样想
but you never know, some people might.
我很高兴你对此感兴趣
[Laughs] I’m glad you’re enthusiastic about it.
我自己都很激动 – 哦,你?
I’m kind of excited myself. – Oh. You are?
我是说因为许多人
Yeah, I mean because a lot of people
都急着想见你
are very excited to meet you.
你开启了一个全新的读者群
You’ve opened up a whole new demographic.
你开启了他的什么? – 读者群
You’re opening up his what? – [Laughing] Demographic.
嗯 – 这就是为什么他要带我去海滨
Mm-hmm. – Which is why he wants to
我是说去参加会议
take me to the beach. I mean the conference.
你不是要去《Alette》杂♥志♥吗?
Aren’t you supposed to be getting to Alette?
计划进行中 一旦加入杂♥志♥大家庭,就成功了
I’m on my way. Once you’re in, you’re in.
你成功地变成了理财大♥师♥了 – 我提供专业的理财意见
You’re in as a finance guru. – I give great financial advice.
贝克丝,你有考虑过为自己想想吗?
Bex, have you ever considered taking your own advice?
哦! – 妈,冷静
Oh! – Mom, calm.
比如,如果“戴着绿披巾的女孩”告诉大家
Like, what would The Girl in the Green Scarf
她把信♥用♥卡♥结账单藏在自己的床底下
say about hiding Visa bills under your bed?
这个扯不上关系 – 这个很有关系
That is not relevant. – That is so relevant.
这是世界上最有关系的事情
It’s the most relevant thing in the world.
啊! – 你想去迈阿密
Ah! – There isn’t another reason
有其他什么理由吗?
why you want to go to Miami?
没有! – 是不是福鲁克的原因?
No! – Maybe it rhymes with Fluke?
是卢克
Luke. – [Laughs]
怎么了 – 没错
Wha… – That’s it.
你的表情告诉我了 – 什么表情
You’re making that face. – What face?
贝克丝,你喜欢上他了 这可不太好
Bex! You like him! This is terrible!
不,不,不,不 但假设…
No, no. No, no. But hypothetically…
假设你是个大骗子
Hypothetically you’re being a big, fat liar!
你告诉人家如何避免债务 而你自己却深陷其中
You’re advising people about debt, and you’re up to your eyeballs in it.
对,藏起来吧
[Groaning] – Yeah, hide under there.
哦,谢尔曼先生
[Yawing] – Ooh, Monsieur Sherman.
我叫布兰登 我母亲才叫谢尔曼
My name is Brandon. My mother’s name is Sherman.
好吧,平凡先生
Yes. Monsieur discret. Mm-hmm.
哦!
Oh! [laughs] – [Chuckles]
你救了我 – 没关系
You saved me. – Not at all.
哦,天哪
Oh, gosh!
你在《成功理财》工作?
You work at Successful Saving.
对 – 有空我们应该出去吃顿饭
Yes. – We should have dinner.
]
好,我应该做点什么
[Rebecca] OK, what am I supposed to do?
自然就好
[Luke] Just be yourself.
卢克,你好吗? – 嘿,卢克
Luke, how are you? – Hey, Luke.
你出狱了,真是太好了
They let you out of prison. That’s fantastic.
艾丽西亚 – 卢克
Alicia. – Luke.
让我来介绍一下瑞贝卡·布鲁伍德
Can I introduce Rebecca Bloomwood?
也许你听过“戴着绿披巾的女孩”
You may have read The Girl in the Green Scarf.
你的专栏叫什么
[Man] What’s the name of your column?
“风险投资就像穿着高跟靴子”
“Risky investment is like a pair of platform boots.”
等等,以前从没有人在我面前 引用我的话
Wait, nobody has ever quoted me back to me before.
卢克,能过来一会儿吗 – 当然
Luke. Got a second? – Yeah. Sure.
你为什么会进监狱?
Wait, what were you in prison for?
哦,我是被诬陷的 – 这里的人很信任你
Oh, that was trumped-up. – People out there trust you.
投资的周边效应
Butterfly investments. – [Indistinct chattering]
谢谢 – 乐于服务
Thanks. – [Man] Pleasure.
香槟,谢谢 – 好,马上来
Champagne, please. – [Man] Right away, sir.
嗨,你是北方联合银行的吗?
Hi. Are you from the United North Bank?
我掌管这家银行 – 我曾今路过你们的银行
I run it. – I was walking past your bank.
你们的橱窗是世界上最乏味的
You have the most boring window displays in the world.
她不是这个意思 – 我说的是真的
She means the opposite. – I’m serious.
看了就让人犯困
It’s as if somebody hit the snooze button in my brain,
能让人足足睡上十分钟
and told me it was OK to sleep another ten minutes.
真的吗? – 是的
Really. – Yes.
你应该放一些粉红阳伞之类的东西
You need to put some pretty pink umbrellas or something
吸引顾客进去 – 路易斯先生别听她讲
to get people in. – Mr. Lewis, look here.
知道还能做些什么吗?
Know what else you could do?
你可以搞次促销活动 – 促销?
You could have a sale. – A sale?
对,打折促销,还有免费的甜甜圈
Yes. Fee reductions. And free doughnuts.
她是写幽默专栏的 所以幽默是她的语言特色
She writes a humorous column, humor is part of her language.
再来一杯 – 与众不同的想法
I’ll get another. – Unusual ideas.
卢克,你的记者有点失控了
Luke, your writer, she’s out of control.
你得管管她,她在损害杂♥志♥的名誉
Keep her on a leash. She’s damaging the magazine.
我不这么认为,她不需要管教
She doesn’t need a leash, I’d say quite the contrary.
你寄给我的那份令人震惊的小报是关于什么的?
What was the piece of tabloid sensationalism you sent me?
曝光乔恩·高曼的?
The Jon Goldman expose?
调查深入,证据十足
A well-researched, supported article.
他的公♥司♥腐♥败♥堕落 财务漏洞百出
His organization is corrupt, full of financial holes.
对我们来说不是 他的公♥司♥对丹特-韦斯特来说值200万
Not running the piece. His company’s worth two million to Dantay-West.
赖安 – 路易斯先生
Ryan. – Mr. Lewis.
卢克,你们那个专栏作家语出惊人
Luke, that columnist of yours said the most outrageous things.
我代表我们公♥司♥向你道歉
I’d like to apologize for our company.
惊人,但十分有道理
Outrageous, yet brilliant things.
她就像一缕清风
She’s like a breath of fresh air.
我非常同意 – 我也完全同意
I couldn’t agree more. – Totally agree too.
他非常同意 – 我们的橱窗太单调了
He couldn’t agree more. – Our displays are boring.
真的很单调吧? – 她说得对
Aren’t they? – She’s right.
她很诚实 我很喜欢甜甜圈的主意
She’s honest. The doughnut idea I loved.
待一会儿我和你谈广♥告♥的事情
I’ll be talking to you about advertising.
很好 – 很好
Great. – Great.
行 – 好
OK. – OK.
表现的不错
No, you’re doing great.
还有个人你应该见见
There’s one more person that you really ought to meet.
嗯 – 至关重要的人
Hmm. – This one’s pretty crucial,
但是共同语言会有点帮助
but having the language in common should help.
嗯,共同语言?
Hmm. Language?
对,我要你见见诺基亚的亚尼·维尔塔嫩
Yeah, I want you to meet Janne Virtanen from Nokia.
我跟他说你是芬兰混血
I told him you’re part Finnish,
他很想见见你 亚尼
and he’s very excited to meet you. Janne.
瑞贝卡
[Stuttering] Rebecca.
啊 – 嘿,嘿,嘿
Ah. [speaks Finnish] – Hey, hey, hey.
你们在芬兰是这样做的
That’s how you do it in Finland.
[Speaks Finnish]
[Speaks gibberish]
卢克,卢克·布兰登 – 他很有趣
[Man] Luke! Luke Brandon! – He’s really funny.
我都不知道怎么翻译了 – 伙计,好久不见
I can’t even translate that. – Long time no see, buddy.
[Speaks Finnish]
你这种男人就是我离开芬兰的理由
Men like you are the reason I left Finland.
[ plays on cell phone]
你好? – 布鲁伍德小姐?
? Hola? – [Derek] Ms. Bloomwood?
我是全城债务收集人德里克·史密斯
It’s Derek Smeath from All City Debt Collection.
总算找到你了 – 呃
At last we meet. – Uh.
你的脚怎么样了?还骨折着吗?
How’s your leg? Still broken?
呃…好多了
Uh… it’s, um. It’s much better.
布兰登先生 – 你好
Mr. Brandon. – Yes.
我们斯堪的纳维亚人…
We Scandinavians…
…非常喜欢她
…like her. A lot.
很好,不管你瘸着,拐着还是爬着
Good. Then kindly limp, stagger, or crawl
今天下午都要到我办公室来
to my office this afternoon.
嗯,没问题,我会去的
Um, absolutely, I would love to.
很好
Good.
除非…哦,天哪 – 怎么了?
Except… Oh, my God. – What?
我的婶婶跳伞的时候出意外了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!