当塔尔克想要得到他的梦想工作时
OK. When Tarkie thought of his dream job,
他,嗯,会写些他的建议
he, um, wrote this proposal just about him, you know,
写些他真实的自己 你也可以试试
what he’s made of and that’s what you can do.
你可以写篇时尚的文章寄给《Alette》
You can write a fashion piece and send it to Alette.
比如:“嘿,《Alette》,看看我能做什么!”
Like, “Hey, Alette, look what I can do!”
你只要想想该写点什么
You just gotta figure out what to write about.
“把你的鞋子当做是一项投资
“Consider your shoe an investment.
任何事物都是建立在它之上的
Everything is resting upon it.
重点是每双鞋子…
The most important point is that every shoe
都应该有属于自己的位置…”
should earn its place in your…”
贝克丝,太有趣了,你太聪明了
Bex, this is so funny. You’re so smart.
你是迄今为止最好的作家! – 你喜欢吗?
You’re the best writer ever! – Do you like it?
你太神奇了 – 等等,还有一篇
You’re fabulous! – Wait! Another one.
给不雇佣我的那个财经杂♥志♥的人
To that guy at that savings thingy magazine who didn’t hire me.
[Laughing]
“亲爱的手头拮据的的编辑
“Dear Uptight Editor…
你能把那份工作留着,贴在你的屁♥股♥上 – 骑单车的男人
You can stick your job up your ass.” – Man on a bike!
你好!
Hello!
“这里是20美元,留着买♥♥些体面的衣服吧”
“Here’s $20. Buy yourself some decent clothes.”
我回来了
I’m back!
哦天哪,哦天哪
Oh, my God. Oh, my God.
这是给《Alette》杂♥志♥的
This is for Alette magazine.
拜托,给一个幸运之吻
Please, please. Kiss it for good luck.
还有这个…
Mwah! – And this one…
给《成功理财》先生
…is for Mr. Successful Saving.
呃…钱、钱、钱
Bleah… Money, money, money.
我最好找到工作,我已经没钱了
I better get the job, I’ve got no money.
我已经没钱了
[Sobbing] I’ve got no money.
这个不让人振奋吗?
Doesn’t this just cheer you up?
这没用,妈妈 – 别这样,你会找到其他工作的
It’s not working, Mom. – Come on, you’ll get another job.
生活就像二手货交易市场 你永远也不知道
Life is like a swap meet. You never know
什么时候财富…
when great riches…
…会不可预料的出现
…are going to turn up unexpectedly.
25美分能买♥♥些什么?
What can I get for a quarter?
这个!
This!
什么? – 看起来很棒
Comme ga? – It’s fantastic.
[ on cell phone]
要怎么交易? – 越看越喜欢
What are they gettin’ for that? – It’s growing on me.
这个多少钱? – 20美元
How much for this? – Twenty dollars.
哦! – 哪位?
Oh! – ? Hola?
嗯,瑞贝卡,我是卢克·布兰登 《成功理财》杂♥志♥的
Um, Rebecca. Luke Brandon, Successful Saving.
你好?
Yes?
抱歉那么早打电♥话♥给你 我收到你的来信了
Sorry to call so early, but I got your letter.
不得不说,让我很惊讶
And I have to say it was a bit of a surprise.
嗯,我希望我说清楚了
Well, I hope I made my point.
哦,当然,当然,说得很清楚
Oh, you did. You did. Very well.
所有的隐喻,非常聪明
The whole metaphor. Very clever.
当然 所有的隐喻都是…
Yes, wasn’t it. The whole metaphor was…
等等…什么?听不清
Wait… What? I’m sorry…
描述证券投资的准则
Describing the principles of security investment
你用不同的女人购买♥♥不同的鞋来比喻
in terms of the way different women purchase different shoes
非常…与众不同
was… different.
喂?听上去你周围好像很吵
Hello? Sounds like you might be in the middle of something.
我想说你给了我灵感
I was trying to say that it gave me an idea.
你愿加入到我们杂♥志♥社吗? 我不是……
[Clears throat] Would you like to come in? I don’t…
亲爱的,我能帮你吗?
Can I help you, dear?
我想我刚刚寄了20美元 给《Alette》杂♥志♥编辑
I think I just sent the editor of Alette magazine $20
让她买♥♥些体面的衣服 把职位留在她的屁♥股♥上面
to buy herself decent clothes and stick her job up her ass.
[Elevator bell dings]
[Grunting]
– [Gasps] – [Indistinct chattering]
这些给…
These go… – [elevator bell dings]
嘿,给《Alette》的衣服 – 我打电♥话♥给她的助理
Hey, clothes for Alette. – [Woman] I’ll call her assistant.
嗨,衣服放这里等艾丽特的批准
Hi. Clothes are here for Alette’s approval.
她马上出来
She’ll be right out.
我们周五晚上出去怎么样
What do you think about you and me going out on Friday night?
哦… – 我意思,是如果你愿意的话
Ooh… – I mean, if you want to.
周五晚上能出去和我约会吗?
Would you like to go out on Friday night?
我不清楚,也许会有其他事情
I don’t know. I might have plans.
也许… 你穿过这些衣服吗?
You might… Do you ever wear any of this stuff?
有些对我来说不太合适
Some of it’s a little far out for me.
完全不合适 – 是的
Totally far out. – Yeah.
不可思议,但我猜这是世界顶尖潮流吧
It’s crazy, but I guess that’s the world of high fashion?
是的 – 我对此有所了解
[Chuckles] Yes. – Yeah, I know about that.
我是百里挑一的 我不会让这些信在我视线之外
I am one of the best. I don’t let this out of my sight.
我用生命保护它们
I guard it with my life.
非常有压力
A lot of pressure on me
保证每个人都能拿到信
to make sure everyone gets these letters…
及时拿到 – 完成任务
Get them there on time. – Got to get my job done.
看见了吧,我对待工作非常认真
See, I take my job very seriously.
是的,还要投递 – 哦,是吗?
Yes. And to deliver… – Oh, really?
投递这些信件 作为一名邮递员
And to deliver the mail, but as the mail carrier
把信件送到大家手里,对我来说压力很大
it’s a lot of pressure on me to get people their letters,
我从没有送丢过一份信件
I’ve never lost a letter yet.
我再也不想看到垂直设计的纽扣洞了
[French accent] I want no more vertical buttonholes.
我非常讨厌这种设计
I’m so bored with vertical buttonholes.
这些是给保罗的万花筒时装秀的吗?
Is this for the Kaleidoscope shoot with Paolo?
哦,不行
[Speaking French] Oh, but this!
卡沃利(意大利时装设计师) 他总是知道我要什么
[Gasps] Cavalli. He has read my mind.
这些棒极了,全能采用
It’s marvelous. We can use it all.
把这拿进去
Take it in.
哦,天哪,你在这干吗
[Alicia gasps] Oh, God. What are you doing?
这里是《Alette》 你有资格在这里吗
This is Alette. Is this where you should be?
哦,是的,是的
Oh, yes. Oh, yes.
丹特-韦斯特叫我来不是来做杂♥志♥的编辑的
Dantay-West didn’t hire me to be an editor of this magazine.
他们希望我能把它从困境中拯救出来
They hired me to throw it a rope and pull it out of the swamp.
这就是…
[Knocking on glass] – And that’s…
大家好,我是瑞贝卡·布鲁伍德
Hi, everyone. I’m Rebecca Bloomwood.
请坐,瑞贝卡
Sit down, Rebecca.
是什么让一本杂♥志♥在报刊亭里脱颖而出
What makes a magazine move from the newsstands?
[Chair squeaking]
是真实,朴实的故事
Real, unvarnished stories,
取决于我们所写的人物是否真实
whether the people that we are writing about like them or not.
《成功理财》现在定位是 财经类媒体中的大众杂♥志♥
Successful Saving is currently the People magazine
这是我们的最终目标
of financial journalism, and this is where that ends.
从现在开始…
From now… – [pencil sharpener grinding]
抱歉
Sorry.
从现在开始 我们不再转载,我们去实地考察
From now on we don’t copy, we examine.
我们去探索 – 哦!
We probe. – Ooh!
我喜欢你的文章 就像我电♥话♥里和你讲的一样
I liked your piece. I said that on the phone.
好,很好 – 黑莉
Good. Good. – Hayley!
三个星期的实习期怎么样?
What do you say a three-week trial.
给她安排张桌子 – 哦,这张不错
And give her this cubicle. – Oh, this one’s lovely.
桌子大小都是3乘6的
They’re all three by six.
你可以先写篇一千字的文章
You can start with a thousand words on the effect of changing
关于利率变化对商场专用信♥用♥卡♥年利率的影响
interest rate on store card APRs.
好
Good.
你新眼镜上的商标还没撕掉
[Whispers] You still have the label on your new glasses.
什么?哦
What? Oh.
你准备在《成功理财》里工作?确定?
You took a job at a savings magazine? You?
我知道听起来不可思议 但事实上
I know it sounds bad, but it is, in fact,
这是我周密计划中的一部分
part of a very structured plan.
好吧,有点道理 但从更多方面来看
Yeah, that’s great, but then in a lot of ways
这并不是个好主意 有句话好像是这样说的
it’s kinda not great. What do they call it
动物保护协会的人被一头牛给踩死了
when an animal rights person gets trampled to death by a cow?
我从没听说过这种讲♥法♥
I don’t think there is a word for that.
“讽刺” 瑞贝卡·布鲁伍德教人家怎么去理财
“Ironic.” Ironic that Rebecca Bloomwood
这太讽刺了
is advising people on how to handle money.
但我想也许
But I guess it would be nice
如果我的伴娘能自己买♥♥裙子 这也不错
if my maid of honor could afford her own dress.
他求婚了? – 对!
He asked? – Yes!
哦,天哪! 可惜你没看到
Oh, my God! You should’ve been there.
他对你说了什么? – 嘿!
How did he say it? – [Man] Hey!