Sit down.
坐下
No, I want no more meaningless privileges and considerations.
不 我不要无用的礼遇
No more honors designed to pacify me.
不要只有安抚作用的荣耀
I would rather have nothing. Remain what I am at heart.
我什么也不想 宁愿做个
A humble man, anxious only to serve.
热心服务的平凡人
Why are the eyes of a statue always without life?
为何雕像的眼睛总是无神
Have any of you here seen the Nile?
你们有没有人看过尼罗河
Spare yourselves the journey.
找时间到那儿走一趟
She carries it within her eyes.
看克里奥帕特拉闪亮的眼神
I suggest, Caesar, that the hour is late.
凯撒 时候不早了
Very late for Rome.
对罗马人来说很晚了
I was speaking, Cassius! I was.
我在说话啊 凯西尔斯 我
Now, where was I?
我说到哪里
“Anxious to serve.”
热心服务
Yes, I’ve served. Served for all of my life.
我一辈子都在为群众服务
I’ve won for Rome more than half of the world.
为罗马打遍了半个地球
Most of you owe your honors and fortunes to me.
你们今天的地位都是全因为我
And now, I want you to do as I say.
现在 希望你们照我讲的话去做
You will appoint me
尊我为
emperor of Rome.
罗马国王
There is no need to resume your seats.
无须再就座
On behalf of all, thank you, Majesty, for your hospitality.
仅代表众人 感谢陛下款待
Good night.
晚安
Thank you and good night.
多谢 晚安
They resent being summoned here for meetings
他们后悔被召唤来这里
properly held in the Senate.
会议还是在元老院进行较恰当
Resent it, do they?
后悔 是吗
I cannot understand
我不明白
that the eyes of a statue should be always without life.
雕像的眼是不会有神的
They resent me.
他们恨我
To flaunt me like this.
因我太张扬
They’ll use it to keep from you that which is yours.
他们会阻挠你本该拥有的东西
By divine right, is that not so?
靠天赋人♥权♥ 不是吗
Yes. It is.
没错
By divine right.
就依天赋人♥权♥吧
We shall have the Senate, in its deliberations, deliberate that.
在元老院的会议中照样达成我的目标
Are you quite sure what it is you want
你确定你苦心追求的
so desperately?
目标吗
I’ve always been sure.
一直非常确定
And Caesar?
凯撒呢
Does anyone speak for him?
谁能替他发言
No.
谁都不能
Good night.
晚安
Tell me, Brutus, is it proper to stand before this goddess
站在由凯撒耸立在这里的新女神像
Caesar’s set here in the temple?
面前符合礼仪吗
Or must we, as Romans, kneel?
还是罗马人必须下跪
Not yet. See there, where room has been left for another deity?
看到了没有 旁边还有一个空着的神位
When the god Caesar
当凯撒的神像
stands beside the goddess Cleopatra,
在克里奥帕特拉的神像旁耸立好后
then Rome will crawl before them.
罗马人会匍匐在他俩面前
When that day comes, if it comes.
事情要发生的话 就必会发生
He demanded we make him emperor.
他要求被加冕为王
Only once, and it was his sickness.
当晚提过一次 他神志不清
His sickness grows worse. Soon it will kill us.
他神智会越来越差 终究将我们统统杀死
He asked once to be made emperor, but he’s since decreed himself god!
一旦要求称帝之后 他便会自视为神
Emperor and god. No longer just king, but emperor and god!
是皇帝与神 不只是皇帝
Brutus, open your eyes!
布鲁特斯 醒醒吧
What do you want of me?
你要我怎么办
When the people think upon the honor of Rome,
人♥民♥想到罗马的荣耀时
they think upon one man, Brutus.
想到的是布鲁特斯
By that honor and by the responsibility you carry,
背负那荣耀之责任
Brutus, save Rome from Caesar!
从凯撒的手中拯救罗马吧
You cannot ask me to destroy him.
你不能要求我毁了凯撒
Then let Caesar destroy Rome.
那就让凯撒毁了罗马吧
Antony has just come from a meeting
安东尼刚结束一场与我朋友的会议
of my friends with good news.
明日元老院将宣布一项好消息
Tomorrow at the Senate, Lucius Cotta will move that I be made king.
卢西尔斯明天将在元老院发动封我为王
It will pass.
提案会被通过
But I don’t understand.
我不明白
King and emperor.
国王及皇帝
And it will pass?
会通过吗
The last few months, I’ve been enjoying
过去几个月 我悄悄运用
one of the few privileges of being dictator.
独♥裁♥者特权
I have been appointing senators.
指派元老院议员
Slightly more than half the Senate has been appointed by me.
超过半数议员是我指派的
Once again, the army of Mithradates
正如密斯里达的军队
on its way all the time.
你永远有备而来
It will pass.
会通过的
Tomorrow, the ides of March, a day to be remembered
明天 三月十五日将是
the Senate will declare me king of Rome.
我登上罗马王位的纪念日
King, yes, but not of Rome.
没错 是国王 但非罗马王
Not of Rome? What are you saying?
不是罗马王 什么意思
They’ll offer you king of the Roman Empire,
他们准备称你为罗马帝国国王
outside Italy.
但不包括意大利
They’re afraid, Caesar. Even your friends.
他们害怕 凯撒 即使是你的朋友
Afraid of the people.
害怕人♥民♥
Perhaps in time. To be afraid of the people.
或许假以时日 怕人♥民♥
To waste time on the people.
因为人♥民♥浪费时间
King of all but Rome?
除了罗马之外的国王
What is there?
那还剩下什么
The huts of Gaul? The caves of Britain?
高卢的茅屋和不列颠的洞穴
The whole of the empire outside Italy.
意大利以外的整个帝圈
I will not accept.
我不能接受
They mean it to be an empty gesture.
他们只给个空壳
Another title to please your fancy, flatter your ego.
满足你的自大狂
Nothing more.
所言不差
And it will pass.
真的会通过吗
Then accept it, Caesar.
那么接受他 凯撒
I have never settled for half a victory.
我从不接受一半的胜利
Nor will you now. Caesar, mighty Caesar,
不会的 全能的凯撒
all I can say is what you’ve taught me.
我所讲的正是你教我的
Take a little, then a little more until finally you have it all.
不断蚕食 终能鲸吞
Let them declare you king.
让他们称你为王
Even if it’s only of a tree in Asia Minor.
即使只有中亚的一颗树
The rest will come to you.
其他的会接踵而来
To redo once more everything I have already done?
以前的经历再来一遍吗
It’s what you have never done, what you never conquered that waits for you.
未征服之地在等你呢
The great legions of Rome in the outer empire that will become your legions.
罗马帝国外♥围♥军队将听命于你
The gold, the power of Egypt. Your Egypt.
埃及的黄金与权力 你的埃及
Caesar, you can conquer and hold the world as your own.
凯撒 你可以征服并拥有全世界
Won’t you understand?
你不明白吗
Kings are not elected. Gods are not elected.
国王和神都不是选出来的
Why, not only Rome but all of Italy upon which Rome stands
我明了 不只罗马整个意大利半岛
must fall in your hands like a drop of sweat.
会像一滴汗珠滴进你手掌
Let them make you what they choose.
随他们的意思封你为王
I’ll serve with you. My legions with yours.
我和我的部队都效忠于你
Together we’ll conquer a world beyond the wildest dreams of Alexander.
一起征服全世界 让亚历山大都自愧不如
Rome. What was Rome when Sulla died,
罗马 苏拉死后罗马是什么样子
when Crassus lost the armies in Parthia?
夸萨斯在帕提亚战败后呢
These same men came after me through the streets
这些人会像吓坏的狗一样
howling like frightened dogs, “Caesar, save us!”
跟在我后面 凯撒 救救我们
They would’ve made me king then.
到时我还会不屑
I wouldn’t let them then.
他们称我为王
He was thrown over the wall. It’s not a pretty sight.
他被丢进墙来 死状恐怖
Titus, the moneylender.
钱庄老板 泰塔斯
Why should he be killed savagely and brought here?
他为何被杀又被丢进来
Obviously, I am being warned.
显然是警告我
Perhaps I am next.
说不定下一个是我
They dare to threaten you?
他们胆敢威吓你吗
Caesarion. Where was my son?
凯撒里奥 我儿子在哪里

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!