I’m not sure I want to be rubbed by you at all, young lady.
小姐 其实你根本不该摸
It is permissible for me to sit, is it not?
请问我可否坐下
As quickly as possible you must set me alone on the throne of Egypt.
请尽快让我单独登上埃及王位
My mission is to put to an end to your tiresome squabbling.
我的任务是平息你们姐弟的纷争
You’re not a fool. Or are you?
你不是个傻瓜吧
Immodestly, perhaps, no.
恕不自谦 应该不是吧
You’ve seen my brother and listened to him?
你见过我弟弟 听过他说话吧
And that truly evil man to whom he belongs?
那数典忘宗邪恶的人
Yes.
见过
Shall we agree upon what Rome really wants
我们都同意罗马一向
has always wanted of Egypt?
对埃及的倚赖吗
Corn, grain, treasure. It’s the old story.
玉米 谷物和珍宝 一直以来
Roman greatness
罗马的伟大
built upon Egyptian riches.
建立在埃及的富足之上
You shall have them all and in peace.
你要和平取得这些物资
But there is only one way.
办法只得一个
My way. Make me queen.
让我当女王
That sounds very much like an ultimatum.
听起来像最后通牒
There is no other way.
没有其他方法
For one whose assets, up to a few moments ago,
下通牒的人 几分钟前
was a devoted slave and a rolled-up carpet.
仅有一个忠仆和一张地毯
But I have you now, Caesar.
现在有了你 凯撒
Besides, there are my armies,
而且 我有军队
and the simple fact that no mortal hand can destroy me.
没有一个凡人可以打败我
Yes, I recall some mention of an obsession,
记得你自称具有神力
you have about your divinity.
伊西斯女神降世
Isis, is it not?
伊西斯 对吗
I shall have to insist that you mind what you say.
我警告你小心说话
I am Isis. I am worshiped by millions who believe it.
我是伊西斯女神 受千万人爱戴
Do not confuse what I am
不要用罗马将军们的
with the so-called divine origin
保护神
that every Roman general acquires together with his shield.
混淆我的身份
It was Venus you chose to be descended from, wasn’t it?
你们不是维纳斯的近亲吗
I must now do a little insisting of my own.
容许我表达我小小的固执
The journey has tired you and you wish to retire.
你始终是旅途困倦 需要休息
I am not your servant, Caesar. Do not dismiss me.
我不是你的仆人 凯撒 你无权遣我走
Secondly, you have no armies, young lady.
第二 你停发军饷
They are gone because you could not pay them.
你的军队跑光了
Egypt’s riches are not available for your use
埃及的财富你都无法享用
much less to give away.
更何况是赠与他人
Perhaps in a day or two, we can speak again. That may be too late
我们改天再谈吧 那对我俩
for both of us.
都太迟了
Your safety will be my responsibility.
我要负责你的安全
And what about your own?
你自己的安全呢
I am prepared, I believe, for the time being.
目前 我已有对策
I hope so.
希望如此吧
I hope you are as wise, as brilliant,
希望你像传闻中一样
the god they say you are.
明智而杰出 像神一样
You Roman generals become divine so quickly.
罗马将军轻易就被神化
A few victories, a few massacres.
只要几场胜仗和屠♥杀♥
Only yesterday, Pompey was a god.
昨天庞培还是个神
They murdered him, didn’t they? Yes.
今天不是惨遭屠♥杀♥吗 是的
Because they thought it would please you.
因为他们以为你会高兴
It didn’t, did it? No.
你高兴吗 不
Today, I found myself remembering how much my daughter loved him.
今天 我想起我女儿很喜欢他
She died trying to bear him a son.
她因为想为他生子而丧命
Gave him this ring.
她给他这个戒指
Sleep well tonight, Caesar.
好好睡一觉 凯撒
These next days may be difficult for you.
未来几天可不好过啊
Good night.
晚安
Germanicus, a guard to escort Queen Cleopatra to her apartments.
朱曼尼卡斯 派个侍卫送女王回府
Guards!
侍卫
The corridors are dark, gentlemen.
走廊很暗 各位
But you mustn’t be afraid.
但不必怕 有我在这里
Haven’t we covered everything we can tonight, sir?
今晚任务是否完成了 长官
Perhaps a fresh start in the morning.
其他留待明天
No, a few more matters.
不 还有几件事
Rufio, has it occurred to you that our maps of this area
例如 你不觉得我们的地图
are not quite what they should be?
有点不妥吗
Why, no. What makes you think they’re not?
不会啊 你怎会这样想
I have an instinct about these things.
对这种事我有直觉
Actually of Macedonian descent.
根据资料是马其顿血统
No officially admitted Egyptian blood.
没有埃及血缘
“Reputed to be extremely intelligent and sharp of wit.”
克里奥帕特拉以足智多谋
Queen Cleopatra is widely read. Well-versed in the sciences
阅历丰富著称 擅长科学
and mathematics.
与算术
She speaks seven languages proficiently.
并精通七国语言
“Were she not a woman, she’d be considered an intellectual.”
若非身为女人 她会是知识份子
Nothing bores me so much as an intellectual.
但我发现知识份子最无趣
Makes a better admiral of you, Agrippa.
所以你是个好舰队司令 亚格里巴
Here’s something of more interest to the navy.
这份文件 海军会比较有兴趣
In obtaining her objectives, she has been known to use
为达到目的 克里奥帕特拉
torture, poison,
利用刑罚 毒药
and even her own sexual talents, which are said to be considerable.
甚至她娇人的性吸引力
Her lovers, I am told,
听说她的爱人多不胜数
are listed more easily by number than by name.
也就是说名字多得说不完
It is said that she chooses in the manner of a man,
她对男人很主动
rather than wait to be chosen in womanly fashion.
并非被动等待
Well, there’s more reason than we thought
所以我们才不让
for not wanting to leave you two alone, eh, sir?
你们单独相处 长官
I’m sorry, I wasn’t listening.
抱歉 我没听见
Are you inclined to trust Cleopatra?
你信得过克里奥帕特拉吗
Trust? Not for a minute.
信任 门都没有
“Trust.” The word has always made me apprehensive.
我对”信任”一词一向定义模糊
Like wine, whenever I’ve tried it, the aftereffects have not been good.
就像酒 后劲使我难以消受
So I’ve given up wine
所以我不喝酒
and trusting.
也不信任他人
Oh, it’s been a long and difficult day, gentlemen.
各位 今天很累了
The next few may be even longer and more difficult.
往后几天或会更累
Good night. Good night.
晚安 晚安
Flavius!
弗拉维乌斯
Flavius!
弗拉维乌斯
“It is autumn again, My best-loved Lesbia”
秋天又来了 心爱的莱比雅
Look, the torrents of Roman leaves Are falling, falling
看 树叶不停的飘落 飘落
And lovers revive in kisses The promise of spring
跟着 爱人们在春之吻中苏醒
“Which will end the winter world With new nightingales calling.”
夜莺叫声中寒冬将远去
I taste your food, daughter of Isis
我先试你的食物
and if there be harm in it, let the harm fall upon me.
有毒的话 那就毒我好了
But love must bring Despair one day
爱终将有凋萎的一天
As beauty, sorrow.
当美丽与哀愁
Why do you stop, Phoebus?
为什么停下来 费比斯
In the corridor, there is movement.
走廊外有骚动
That’s how the Romans frighten the enemy
罗马人用象般的脚踩地
by stamping their elephant feet. No, this is one man
希望可以吓退敌人 不 有个人
followed by others.
后面有一班人跟着
Caesar, I would say. Would you?
应该是凯撒 是吗
We must not disappoint the mighty Caesar.
不能让凯撒失望
The Romans tell fabulous tales of my bath,
罗马人对我的沐浴
and handmaidens,
女仆
and my morals.
和道德观充满了幻想
Cleopatra’s requested my presence.
克里奥帕特拉邀我作伴
That was yesterday, Caesar. I’ve been occupied.
那是昨天的事 凯撒 我有重要的事
The queen is occupied with her bath. Perhaps Caesar could return later,
女王正在沐浴 凯撒能否稍后
or tomorrow. I’m afraid not. Hold him.
或明天再来 恐怕不能 捉住他
No, don’t hurt him.
不 不要伤害他
You’re a good man, Apollodorus.
你是个好人 阿波罗德斯
I hope you’re appreciated.
希望你能明白
Wait here for me.
在这里等我
Ah, then let us live and love
既然如此 让我们活下去并且相爱
Without one thought
不要理会什么

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!