to resolve the differences between her and IKing Ptolemy,
我来是解决她与托勒密之争
and to see that they peacefully resume their joint rule of Egypt.
希望他们可以和平共治
That will be difficult. Cleopatra has forfeited her right.
恐怕困难重重 克里奥帕特拉己犯罪失权
I shall try to decide justly.
我设法秉公处理
Don’t you see he’ll send for her?
你们难道看不出来吗
He’ll bring her back!
他要带克里奥帕特拉回来
The sun which sheds its grace upon the ruler of the two lands
或者烈日太过锺情
burns too brightly perhaps.
国王陛下
If Lord Ptolemy wishes to retire.
如果托勒密国王愿意先行回宫
I wish nothing of the kind!
我绝对没这个意愿
I won’t be put out of the way until I’ve watched you give him that!
我不会回宫 除非你给他看那个
A thousand pardons, I had almost forgotten.
真对不起 我几乎忘记了
Lord Ptolemy wishes to enhance his
我王托勒密有份礼物
welcome by a gift of some importance.
送给凯撒以袁欢迎之诚
Most generous.
感激厚礼相赠
The ring. Give him Pompey’s ring.
戒指 庞培的戒指给他
And now the token of His Majesty’s affection for Rome
代表我王对凯撒
and regard for Caesar.
与罗马的敬意
Pompey the Great.
庞培大帝
Dead men, they say, do not bite.
他们说死人不会咬人的
Does it please you, Caesar?
这礼物你满意吗 凯撒
They said it would please you very much.
他们说这礼物会令你很开心
The sun does shed its grace too brightly.
烈日果真会灼身
It has become too hot here for kings.
这对王者不利
My Lord Ptolemy will retire.
吾王托勒密要先行告退
For His Majesty, a Roman guard of honor.
庞培是罗马荣誉的守护者
It was not by your hand, of course.
庞培应该不是你杀的吧
If, as you say, you’ve been told of me,
如果你曾听说过我的事迹
you know better, Caesar.
你会比较了解我 凯撒
My men shall be properly housed and fed.
请照顾我手下的起居饮食
May I speak?
我可以说句话吗
Not until you’re spoken to.
有人问你才可发言
I’ll require rooms in the palace.
我要求住在皇宫里
I shall consider myself honored to escort you.
本人有幸亲自护驾
Anyone, but you.
除了你 任何人都可以
Find the rest of Pompey.
尽全力打探
Tear out a thousand tongues, but find him.
庞培的尸首
Have him purified,
为他举♥行♥净身
the coin in the mouth and the rest, honorably.
含银币等尊荣之礼
Of course.
当然
For now, this is what we must hold.
眼下 我们必须据有
Moon gate and three others. Here, here and here.
月门和其他三个要点 这 这和这儿
How are we placed?
我们的部署如何
The 10th slingers on the moon gate. The rest in reserve.
第十军团守月门 其余的都在后备
The 12th holding all other positions.
第十二军团分散在其他位置
Very thin.
兵力很少
For now, deep enough.
目前 这样足够了
And the wells?
有没有验过井水
The water’s brackish, but drinkable.
有咸味 但可以喝
So far. IKeep an eye on them. Watch the corn and wheat.
他们的玉米和小麦也要注意
With our supplies secure, we can hold indefinitely.
我们供给无虞 大可无限供应
For a week, perhaps, but for the time being, time enough.
一星期或许够 但现在时间似乎不够用
What do you want?
你有什么事
Is the man to be trusted?
这人可以信任吗
Seems someone’s brought me a gift
看来有人要送礼物给我
from Queen Cleopatra.
是克里奥帕特拉女王送的
Apparently, a rug peddler.
地毯小贩
Flavius doubts it.
但弗拉维乌斯不信
He seems to know the palace very well.
他太了解皇宫了
He appeared through a secret passage which none of the men knew.
他经由秘道突然出现 那秘道没有人知道
Pothinus might send an assassin
波第诺斯可能以克里奥帕特拉之名
in Cleopatra’s name.
派刺客来
Have the man brought in.
带他进来
Are you the one who brings a gift from Cleopatra?
你就是帮克里奥帕特拉送礼物来的人
Put it down and go.
把东西放下 立刻离开
It is the command of my queen I deliver her gift personally.
女王吩咐我亲手送交凯撒
I am Caesar. Lay it here before me.
我是凯撒 将东西放在我面前
Forgive me, Admiral Agrippa, but you’re not Caesar.
原谅我 亚格里巴 但你不是凯撒
Nor you, General Rufio.
鲁非欧将军也不是
Nor you, Germanicus.
朱曼尼卡斯当然也不是
My queen’s gift is for the eyes of Caesar,
女王的礼物只有凯撒
alone.
可以看
It seems harmless enough. No, Caesar!
那地毯看来没什么特别 不 凯撒
You can lend me your sword, Rufio. It may require some cutting.
鲁非欧 借剑给我 有东西要割断
Odd way to carry a rug.
你搬地毯的方法真奇特
Isn’t it easier to sling it over your shoulder?
用肩膀抬不是比较轻松吗
It was less comfortable that way.
那样比较不舒服
For you or the rug?
你不舒服 还是地毯
That sword, Caesar.
凯撒 你的剑
The rug is such a delicate weave. If I may untie it for you.
地毯手工很精细 我可否为你解下
Turn it over first.
将它反转过来
The rug is rightside up. I want it the wrong side up.
地毯已经面向上了 我要底向上
Should I flip it over with my sword? No.
要我用剑来反转吗 不
I find one can tell more about the quality of merchandise
货物好坏 一看
by examining the back side first.
背面就知道
All hail Cleopatra, kindred of Horus and Ra,
克里奥帕特拉女王万岁 王室的荣耀
beloved of the moon and sun, daughter to Isis,
日月的光荣 伊西斯之女
and of Upper and Lower Egypt, queen.
至高无上的埃及女王
Thank you.
谢谢
Here.
这里
Take this to the captain of the night watch.
把这手令交给夜更侍卫队长
He’ll see the queen’s quarters are made ready to her.
他会预备好女王的侍卫队
Stay where you are.
别动
Have I dismissed you? No, Your Majesty.
我叫你走了吗 没有 陛下
This is my palace, Caesar.
这是我的地方 凯撒
All of it is available to me at my will.
由我发号♥施令
I am not your prisoner. If anything, you are my guest.
我不是你的犯人 而你是我的客人
Most kind.
悉听尊便
And as for having my quarters, as you put it, made ready,
至于帮我预备侍卫队
my chief handmaiden has, by now, brought the others out of hiding.
我的侍女己将其他人带出
They should almost be finished.
应该全部出来了
Impossible. The doors are under guard.
恐怕不可能 外面戒备深严
There are doors, and doors.
此处有无数的门
Of course.
当然
You must take me on a tour someday within the walls of your palace.
改天带我参观您的皇宫
What are you waiting for? Permission to leave.
你还等什么 等您下令让我离开
Granted.
可以走了
Apollodorus.
阿波罗德斯
Thank you.
谢谢你
I’m pleased you received my summons and were able to.
很高兴你收到我的召唤 而且能够
Summons? I’m pleased to say I received nothing of the kind.
召唤 我没有收到
I’m surprised you thought I would answer one.
要我回应我真的十分讶异
Young lady, the voyage in your carpet
小姐 你的地毯旅程
has apparently not tired you, but I’m exhausted.
显然不累 但我今天真的很累了
Caesar, it is essential we understand each other.
凯撒 我们必须互相了解
Only through me can you hope to escape,
只有我能帮你
the desperate situation in which you find yourself.
脱离这个危险
I wouldn’t bite into that.
如果是我决不会吃那个水果
Did you bring it with you? Have you had it tasted?
是你带来的吗 你尝过吗
If neither, it’s probably poisoned.
如果没有 那可能有毒
At least it’s another way out of the desperate situation in which I’m found.
这也是脱离危险的方法之一
You’re being tolerant of me, aren’t you?
你对我很容忍♥ 不是吗
Is it because you’re so much older?
是因为你比我年长很多吗
Your maps are inferior. Out-of-date, compared to mine.
你的地图比我的逊色
They and I have aged together.
它和我一样都老了
The lakes to the west are poorly marked,
西边的湖泊位置不对
certain important hill positions not even noted.
几个重要山丘甚至没标记
I must arrange for you to address my mapmakers and general staff.
请你帮我的绘图师与全体官兵上课
We’ve gotten off to a bad start, haven’t we?
我们一开始就不和 是吗
I’ve rubbed you the wrong way.
不过是倒顺你的毛

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!