And I’m sure that in time he will make it.
相信你很快会作出定夺
That is all.
退下
It would be wiser not to disagree in the presence of our officers.
当着各军官面前 你最好不要和我争执
Your officers.
你的军官们
What final decision have you decided I am to make?
你到底要我做什么定夺
Why do you oppose transporting our armies to Greece?
为什么反对调兵去希腊
Because I do not want war against Rome.
我不想和罗马开战
One hundred thousand men led by Marc Antony.
马克·安东尼带领十万军队
Octavian is no fool. He won’t fight.
屋大维不笨 他不会开战
He’ll have to, instantly,
他不想 但他不得不
on the spot where they land.
就在登陆的地点立即开战
Rome will not declare war against you.
罗马不会对你宣战
I do not agree.
我不同意
I have not asked for your opinion.
我没有征询你的意见
Not for some time.
至少现在没有
Not since I doubted the necessity of building 300 ships.
见到三百艘新造的战舰就不同了
The way to prevent war is to be ready for it.
备战的目的是停战
Have 300 warships ever been built for war without war?
建三百艘战舰 而不打仗吗
We shall have what we want without it.
不打仗一样可以整顿军容啊
Your Majesty, please hear me.
陛下 请听我说
I think we are very near the edge.
我相信战事已是箭在弦上
Strings are being pulled, and not by us.
拉弓的人不是我们
We are being managed and maneuvered without our choosing.
我们毫无选择 我们正被♥操♥控
The deputation sent on behalf of Lady Octavia
屋大维雅派来的代表
chosen from the most highly revered men of Rome.
是在罗马极受敬重的人士
Why? They can take back to their people nothing but Lord Antony’s
为什么 他们所能带回罗马的全是安东尼的
forgive me, insulting and unnecessary divorce of her,
倔辱与及一纸不必要的休书
and his rejection of them.
以及他的避而不见
It was done at my bidding. The responsibility is mine.
我下的命令 我负责
The doing was mine.
但做此事的人是我
What do you propose?
你有何建议
Let me go to Rome and approach Octavian, possibly the Roman people,
我去罗马 尽量和屋大维及人♥民♥沟通
and assure them that we want peace.
使他们相信我们爱好和平
Go then.
去啊
Go to Rome.
去罗马啊
Sisogenes!
保重
Take care.
保重
He’s very dear to you.
那老人是个忠臣
Your concern and worry are written all over you.
你的担忧写在脸上
Forgive me, but it’s a kind of love that you’re showing.
对不起 但你流露出关怀的神情
Let them talk. Let them negotiate all they want.
就等他们照自己的意思去说吧 去谈判吧
Time is on our side. We can only grow stronger.
时间站在我们这边 我们只会越来越强大
These walls must not believe their ears
议事堂内
to hear such silence,
竟这样一片死寂
from the right,
右边鸦雀无声
from the left.
左边也鸦雀无声
The call of the Roman people can be clearly heard,
人♥民♥的怒吼清晰可闻
yet the Roman Senate
元老院各位大官
has no answer.
却毫无反应
Shall we then just sit
那么我们就这样静静♥坐♥着
and listen?
并听着吗
There is not one of us, August Caesar,
奥古斯都·凯撒
that would not willingly make war upon Cleopatra.
我们都愿意向克里奥帕特拉宣战
But how
怎样宣战
without also making war upon Marc Antony
同时却又想避开向深受罗马爱戴
loved by Rome and loving Rome?
而又深爱罗马的马克·安东尼宣战
“Loved by Rome and loving Rome.”
受罗马爱戴 也深爱罗马
I have here the last will and testament
我手上有一份安东尼最新的遗嘱
of Antony, who so loves Rome.
听听他怎样爱罗马
Read for yourselves,
你们自己看
how dearly Antony loves you, loves Rome
他怎样爱罗马
in this, his last will under his seal.
他亲笔签署的最新遗嘱
Only lately brought from Egypt,
最近才由埃及送来
and deposited in our holy temple at Antony’s request
放于圣殿 安东尼指示
by the distinguished Sisogenes.
受人尊敬的西索吉尼斯做的
An extraordinary mission for an extraordinary man.
超凡之人所做超凡的事
So wise, so close
多么有智慧 多么切合
to Cleopatra, so trusted by her.
克里奥帕特拉的心意 多么受她信赖
Read in Antony’s will
看啊 最终列入了
at the end.
安东尼的遗嘱
Commit to memory the last request of your beloved Antony.
不要忘记你心爱的安东尼的最终要求
It bears witness to his love for Rome.
那是他对罗马爱的见证
When he is dead, it says,
当他死时 里头说
when Marc Antony has died,
当马克·安东尼死时
it is his wish to be buried
他希望被葬在
in his beloved Alexandria!
他挚爱的亚历山大
In Egypt!
在埃及
Among Egyptians.
与埃及人一起
Beside his Egyptian whore!
紧靠他的埃及娼妇
Is what I say the truth?
我说的是否事实
Do I speak the truth?
我说的难道不是事实吗
War! War!
宣战 宣战
War! War! War! War!
宣战 宣战 宣战 宣战
I hold before you the Golden Spear of War.
各位眼前的是战争的金矛
Placed into my hands without dissent
元老院无反对
by the command and will of the Senate of Rome.
授权落于我手中
And now it is you, the people of Rome, who must direct me.
现在轮到各位 罗马子民来指引我
Where is the enemy?
敌人在哪里
Where is Egypt? Show me the way!
埃及在哪里 告诉我
No!

No!

There!
是那里
There is Egypt.
埃及在那里
And so once more, the Romans warred upon each other.
于是 罗马人再次自相残杀
And just as Antony had foretold
就好像安东尼所预言
the forces of Octavian came to meet them
屋大维的军队
on the spot where they landed.
开到登陆的地点
Which was at Actium, in Greece.
就在希腊的爱克提安
Action begins with the rise of the sun.
明天日出决一死战
Your plan is brave and simple. It’s possible on land,
你的战略扼要凶猛 但适合陆战
but we debate its wisdom on the sea.
打海战就显得不智
I have an enemy on land with fewer troops, on sea with fewer ships.
敌军以海犯陆 且以寡敌众
Let him debate the wisdom of his position.
看他怎样发挥他的智慧
I have a happy choice. To destroy him wet or dry.
我可以选择陆战或海战
I have chosen wet.
而我选择了海战
I think it best, Euphranor, you report to Cleopatra aboard her vessel.
尤法诺 到女王船上汇报军情
There you may point out to her
你可以找一百个借口
the reasons why my brave simplicity has failed.
向她说明我的方法不可行
In any case, you are relieved of your battle command.
但我首先废除你指挥的职务
This final commitment of yourself, your ships, of all of us
你何时决定把所有战力
to fight at sea, when did you decide?
用在海上与屋大维决一雌雄呢
Forgive me, Rufio. I had.
对不起 鲁非欧 我不得不
Canidius and I have worked very hard for many months.
坎尼迪斯和我几个月以来
We’ve trained an army of 200,000 men
训练了一支来自二十几个国家
from 20 countries.
将近二十万人的部队
They will not be wasted. Of which, tonight,
不会浪费的 战胜之后
some 20,000 foot soldiers and cavalry
二十万步兵和骑兵
will be herded onto those ships and dragged out to sea, puking and afraid.
挤在船上 拖到海上 承受风浪之苦
Why, my lord? Why? Because I have decided it will be so!
阁下 这是什么理论 因为我军令如山
I consider it an honor
我认为这是种荣耀
to fight beside Lord Antony at any time, anywhere.
可以和安东尼阁下在任何地方并肩作战
Spoken like a Roman, Ramos.
这才像罗马的口吻 拉莫斯
And you shall fight at my side, in Rufio’s place.
你代替鲁非欧 留在我身边
Rufio, you will remain with Her Majesty aboard her vessel.
鲁非欧 你留在女王船上
As you command.
遵命
Canidius, you will remain with the land forces,
坎尼迪斯 你留在陆上
cheering from the hilltop, if you like.
尽情隔山观虎斗
As you command. Exactly.
遵命 很好
As I command.
一定要遵从命令
You’re all dismissed.
解散

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!