Out! Before I chop you up and feed you to my horses.
出去 不然杀了你们来喂马
That’s how Romans frighten little girls.
这就是罗马人吓小女孩的方法
They like to frighten little girls. Wait outside.
他们喜欢吓小女孩 出去吧
I married Octavia
我之所以娶屋大维雅
at her brother’s insistence
是因为她哥哥坚持
as a gesture of faith, of peace. A bargain sealed.
以这样来示好确保和平的权宜之策
With a kiss? Or did you simply shake hands on your wedding night?
权宜 洞房♥夜只跟新娘握手吗
Rome was celebrating the marriage even before I arrived.
我还未到罗马群众已在欢庆这件婚事
How could I refuse?
叫我如何拒绝
By saying no.
说不啊
As you have said no to all my demands.
对我的要求你不是一概说不吗
They’re unreasonable! The kind laid down for a helpless enemy!
你那些根本是无理的要求 打落水狗
You’re not helpless, yet.
你还不算是落水狗呢
I can’t cede the territories.
我不能割让那些领土
It would cause a break between Rome and me.
那等于要我公然跟罗马决裂
Why do you think I asked for them?
这正是我的目的
It would be playing into Octavian’s hands!
这正中屋大维下怀
It would not be wise!
实为不智
What is wise?
何谓不智
To hand over Rome, Italy,
将罗马 意大利
the world to Octavian?
和全世界拱手让给屋大维吗
To grovel publicly before his authority?
公然对他卑躬屈膝吗
Take his sister to wed and to bed.
把他的妹妹抱上♥床♥
As if to beg forgiveness
求他原谅你
for having stayed so long with your Egyptian harlot.
沾上埃及荡♥妇♥
What has angered you?
哪件事让你生那么大的气
That I dealt with him how I could
与屋大维讲和
or that I married his sister?
还是与他妹妹结婚
Jealousy or politics?
忌妒还是政♥治♥手段
Both! And damn you for not understanding either.
都是 而且你对两者都懵然不知
I wouldn’t look to you for instruction.
不用你来教训我
Which is why you have come back
所以你像奴隶一样
chained to Octavian like a slave.
乖乖的让屋大维扣上枷锁
Slave! And with such exquisite chains.
奴隶 这枷锁也颇精致
So softly spoken, so virtuous.
轻声细语 三从四德
She sleeps, I hear, fully clothed.
听说她睡觉时裹得紧紧的
I’m back. That’s all that should concern you.
我回来了 这不是已说明一切
Should it?
真的吗
How long before your master snaps his finger
主人一声召唤
and you run back to him, or her?
你还不是回到他或她身边
I have only one master.
我只有一个主人
My love for you.
我对你的爱
No.
不
Your master must not be love.
你的主人从来就不是爱
Never love.
从来就不是爱
Give yourself to love and you give yourself to forgetfulness
有了爱 你就忘了一切
of what you are and who you are and what you want.
忘了身份 忘了雄心壮志
And what you want is worth so much more?
你要的不只这些
I will not have love as my master.
我不要爱来当我的主人
Then you will not have love. Nor will I have Octavian.
那就不爱 也不要屋大维当主人
Never fear. How confident you are.
不需要害怕 看你说得颇有自信
And has Octavian a master?
那屋大维的主人是什么
His ambition, to rule the Roman world as emperor and god.
他的野心 当罗马的皇帝和神
The Roman world, to begin with.
就是罗马的天下
And what stands in his way?
他的阻碍又是什么
You and I. And my son!
你和我 和我儿子
The rightful heir to the name and glory of great Caesar.
凯撒的法定继承人
Octavian has already stolen those and he will now destroy
但被屋大维篡夺了
in the name of his sister,
现在他要利用他妹妹
Rome’s love for you.
毁掉罗马人对你的爱戴
And by your marriage to her,
你跟她结婚
he has made of me, unmistakably, your whore.
我就成了你的娼妇
Never fear Octavian?
不要怕屋大维
It is he, now, who I think must be unafraid.
现在 不怕的人是他
Show me a city and I’ll take it.
攻城掠地是我的专长
I’ll find an army’s weak points and hit them hard.
骁勇善战是我的本领
But make me to sit down and talk in whispers of this and that
但要我坐下来咬耳朵
with an emphasis here and a shrug, and I’m soon confounded and defeated.
谈论是与非 我真的不在行
Meaning to do the best,
依我的专长发挥
I suppose I could not have done worse.
我才能所向无敌
There is still time.
还赶得及
Let someone ask me what I want.
若问我的心愿
To live with you in peace and love.
只想与世无争跟你住在这里
Do you have
全面投降
conditions for total surrender?
你有什么条件
First, as did Caesar,
跟凯撒一样
you will marry me according to Egyptian ritual.
按照埃及礼仪跟我结婚
That’s not a condition, that’s a reward.
那不是条件 那是恩赐
You’ll declare, by your authority
你宣布凯撒里奥
Caesarion to be king of Egypt,
成为埃及国王
and we will rule together in his name.
我们以他的名义共同执政
Happily granted.
绝对同意
You will cede to Egypt all the territories I have demanded.
我提过的领土都割让给埃及
You must.
必须这样
If only to assert your own authority and power.
即使只为确保你的权力与地位
Otherwise, inevitably, in time we will lose everything.
否则 我们迟早一无所有
Can’t you see that?
你看不出来吗
I can see nothing,
我眼中
but you.
只看到你
I am no longer content to forgive Antony !
我无法再原谅安东尼
To marry this Egyptian under their barbaric rites!
根据蛮族礼仪娶个埃及人
Meaningless under Roman law! Great Caesar himself.
罗马法例不会承认 当初凯撒自己
Yes. Bit by bit, Antony crawls behind his memory.
安东尼想有样学样
But tell us this, Germanicus,
但请问 朱曼尼卡斯
Did great Caesar also toss one-third of the Roman Empire
凯撒有没有将三分之一的罗马帝国
into Cleopatra’s undoubtedly deserving lap?
送到克里奥帕特拉怀里
The territories in dispute
当年凯撒占领的地方
were subjugated by Julius Caesar.
今日主♥权♥仍争论不休
The right to rule over them is the heritage of his son.
凯撒之子应该有合法统治权
And in the name of the mighty Caesar, I grant to IKing Ptolemy Caesarion
依凯撒之名 我赐予托勒密凯撒里奥
that right.
这个权利
Let it be known the greatness of Rome lies not in what she takes,
让世人了解罗马的伟大
but in what she gives.
在给予而不在侵占
“Rome’s greatness lies in what she gives,” he says.
他说 罗马的伟大在给予
Then calmly gives what is not his.
轻轻松松慷他人之慨
And Cleopatra takes
克里奥帕特拉
and will take more.
予取予求下去
And war will come.
战祸终将来临
She knows and I know,
她知 我知
that war will come.
难免一战
But I will not speak for it,
但我不主战
nor will I speak against Antony.
也不与安东尼为敌
I must be forced into war.
我将等待被逼上战场
The people of Rome must force this war upon me.
罗马人♥民♥会逼我开战
They must storm the doors of the Senate, crying for it.
我要等民愤涌进元老院
If we move quickly, they won’t know we’ve crossed the Mediterranean,
行动快的话 在罗马人知道之前我们已越过地中海
until we land in Greece.
登陆希腊了
You and General Rufio, start embarking the troops.
你和鲁非欧将军立刻上船
Yes, Your Majesty.
是的 陛下
If it is decided to move our armies into Greece.
如果决定将敌军引入希腊
It has been decided.
已经决定了
My men do not
我的手下
travel well by sea.
不擅航海
They fight on land. They move on land.
他们专长打陆战 在陆地行军
Your men will do as they are told, as mine will.
你的手下要听从我的指挥
My men will do as they’re told by me. They have not yet become.
我手下仍听我指挥 他们还不是
They are still Roman.
他们还是罗马人
However,
但是
since I do as I’m told.
我只知听命行事
The final decision will, of course, be Lord Antony’s.
最终决定权还是在安东尼阁下