She said never, except on Egyptian soil.
她说除非在埃及 否则绝不
“Never.” Something women say to begin with.
当女人说绝不时
Welcome Queen Cleopatra on my behalf.
代我迎接克里奥帕特拉女王
Extend my invitation
在这种状况之下
to a banquet in her honor.
宫里今晚加办舞会来欢迎她
Don’t you think?
你不认为可能
Still not convinced?
你还不信啊
Hurry back, there’s much to be done. Have the cooks sent to me.
快点 这有很多事要忙 叫厨师来见我
Forgive me, noble Rufio. It is you who do not understand.
对不起 鲁非欧 你搞错了
Queen Cleopatra, at present in her chamber, is on Egyptian territory,
女王在船舱里 就仍算是在埃及领土
and intends to remain on it.
她不打算下船
Most learned Sisogenes, forgive me,
容我提醒你
but this is Tarsus, not Alexandria.
这里是塔瑟斯 不是亚历山大
You are on Tarsus, noble Rufio. I am on Egypt.
你是在塔瑟斯 鲁非欧 而我在埃及
Tonight and tomorrow night, if Lord Antony desires to meet Her Majesty,
今明两晚 安东尼若想见陛下
he will come to her, to Egypt.
欢迎他莅临埃及
I shall do my best to prevail upon Lord Antony to attend.
我会设法说服安东尼前来
Marc Antony, how prompt you are.
马克·安东尼 你动作真快
If I had not been, it would be unforgivable of me.
不快就不可原谅了
I hoped to be here as you came aboard.
我一直在这里等你登船
If you had, it would be unforgivable of me.
这件事一样不可原谅
Be more tolerant. Forgive yourself now and then.
别太严肃 偶然放纵一下自己
Almost three years. Have you possibly become more beautiful?
三年了 你怎么会越来越美艳了
Almost three? That long?
三年了吗 那么长吗
The time has passed so quickly.
时间过得真快
Your necklace. It seems to be made of gold coins.
你的项链上 好像是金币
Coins of Caesar.
凯撒的金币
Do you find it attractive? Very.
好看吗 很好看
And I find what you’re wearing most becoming.
你穿着得像个
Greek, isn’t it?
希腊人
I have a fondness for almost all Greek things.
我喜欢希腊的东西
As an almost all-Greek thing, I’m flattered.
我有希腊血统 多谢你的奉承
An unusual necklace.
罕见的项链
Nothing but gold coins of Caesar.
全由凯撒金币造咸
How did you come by it? I had it made.
哪儿买♥♥的 我订造的
I wear it always.
一直戴在身上
A fabulous feast.
令人赞叹的宴会
One is so limited when one travels by ship.
搭船航行总是会觉得不自在
This fabulous ship,
华丽的船
together with its queen, the fabulous Cleopatra.
加上艳丽的女王
The name of Marc Antony is not exactly unknown to the world.
马克·安东尼绝非寂寂无名之人
In the last year or so since we met. Almost three.
为何两年前相会以来 快三年了
By now you have become one-third the master of Rome.
如今是三分之一个罗马巨头
You don’t permit yourself to forget him?
你就是不许自己忘了他吗
That’s an odd way of putting it. “Don’t permit myself?”
不许自己 这话真奇怪
Is it necessary to wear him around your neck?
非把他戴在颈上不可吗
You forget, Antony, in these almost three years,
安东尼 你忘了三年来
how full your own life has been.
你的日子多充实
They can’t have been uneventful for you. You rule Egypt alone.
独力统治 你也不可能闲着
Oh, they have been busy, but not full.
很忙 但不充实
There’s a difference.
两者并不一样
There cannot be enough hours in the days of a queen
白天时间永远都不够
and her nights have too many.
晚上却是长夜漫漫
So I fill them with memories. Of Caesar?
只好靠回忆来填满 回忆凯撒吗
And of a dream
以及他
that almost came true.
几乎实现的梦想
You may remember.
你可能记得
I remember that night in Rome, saying it could still come true.
我记得那天晚上 在罗马似乎仍能实现
You said so much that night to so many.
那晚你跟许多人说了许多话
Let me get rid of them all.
我已将他们打发走了
Why? I have arranged an entertainment.
为什么 我事先安排了希腊舞
A dance in the Greek fashion to welcome the god Bacchus.
以便欢迎希腊酒神
If I make a great show of going, they’ll have to leave too.
若我走 他们全都会离席
Then I can return,
我再回来
and we can talk alone, you and I.
我们可以私下谈谈 只有你和我
When would you return? In an hour, no more than two.
你何时回来 一小时 最多两小时
How long would you stay? Until we had nothing more to say.
你会留多久 直到无话可谈为止
Are you a strong swimmer? We sail at sunrise.
你是游泳健将吗 我们黎明起航
I don’t understand.
我不明白
Home to Alexandria, to Egypt.
回亚历山大 回埃及
You’ve come all this way for one night. All to make a fool of me.
你老远跑来停留一晚 只为嘲弄我
Perhaps you would feel less a fool,
留下来过夜
if you stayed the night with me, is that it?
可会不那么像被嘲弄
I’ve told you before.
我说过
With you, words do not come easily to me.
在你面前 我变得难以用说话表达自己
There is too much unsaid within me that I cannot say.
我心里很多话说不出来
Then I cannot know it.
你不说我怎知道
There is much unsaid within you too.
你也有很多说不出的话吧
That is probably true of everybody.
可能每个人都一样
Stay for a while.
留一会儿吧
I have known you so long but so little. Give me time.
相识虽久 相知不多 给我点时间
Not I. Not Egypt and Rome together.
我不能 罗马和埃及加起来
Not even the gods have time to give you.
即使神也无法给你时间
But, Antony, use what you have.
但是 安东尼 你应把握时势
Don’t waste it by playing at god here in Tarsus,
不要在塔瑟斯陪诸神游戏
while Octavian in Rome becomes a god.
而屋大维在罗马快变成神了
The dance, I take it, is over.
舞会应该结束了吧
Sit up.
起来
I want to see whether you sleep with your memories.
我看你是不是戴着回忆入睡
With so much left unsaid within you,
心中有话说不出口
it must be a relief to break and tear things.
活动手脚有助纾缓压力
I want to say something now. Perhaps some other time.
我现在有话要说 改天吧
Now!
现在
Caesar.
凯撒
Conquer and conquer.
征伐再征伐
Bring the world to its knees.
世界都臣服于脚下
“You’re not a Caesar. Did you know that?”
却仍不是凯撒 你明白吗
Be braver than the bravest,
勇冠三军
stronger than the strongest. Still no Caesar.
智慧过人 却仍不是凯撒
Caesar’s done it first and better. Ruled better, loved better.
不管怎努力 凯撒都早你一步
Run where you will, you can’t get out. There’s no way out.
不管统治 德政 战略他都优胜于你
“The shadow of Caesar will cover you
不管走到哪里都无路可逃
and the universe for all of time.”
永远笼罩在凯撒的阴影下
“Whenever you like,” you said in Rome.
你在罗马时说
“Come to Alexandria whenever you like.”
随时欢迎到亚历山大来
“Now, tonight,” I said.
我说 就是今晚
To bow to the throne upon which Caesar put you.
向凯撒为你安排的王位致敬
To talk of a new treaty. Caesar’s can’t be improved. Copy it.
谈论新战术 那是凯撒无法超越和抄袭的
Of Caesar’s son.
谈凯撒之子
Of the dream you shared that still fills your life.
谈至今犹在 你们共同的梦想
Alexander’s design for a world to be ruled by you and Caesar.
亚历山大是你们向世界发号♥施令的地方
Where is Antony?
安东尼何在
Where is Marc Antony?
马克·安东尼何在
Antony the Great! The divine Antony!
伟大的安东尼 神圣的安东尼
Here.
他在此
He’s
他
here.
在此
One step behind Caesar. At the right hand of Caesar.
迟凯撒一步 就在凯撒的右手
In the shadow of Caesar.
在凯撒的阴影里
Tell me, how many have loved you since him?
在他之后 有多少人爱过你
One? Ten? Anyone? No one?
一个 十个 所有人 还是一个都没有
Have they kissed you with Caesar’s lips?
他们吻你时 是凯撒的唇碰你吗
Is it his name you cry out?
黑暗中你呼唤的是他的名字吗
Afterwards, has he reproached you
之后 他是否回来找你
and have you begged forgiveness?
你是否向回忆请求原谅
You’ve come here, then, running over with wine and self-pity
借酒壮胆 自怜自艾
to conquer Caesar.
这算是征服凯撒
For so long now, you’ve filled my life,
长久以来 我生命中充满了你
like a great noise I hear everywhere in my heart.
像心中随时听见的噪音
I want to be free of you, of wanting you,
我要摆脱你 不想你