The enduring myth of Heaven.
有关天堂的迷思
Well, I used to think that I had it all figured out.
我曾以为把一切都想透彻了
But you didn’t?
但你并没有想明白?
No. No.
对 没有
Because…
因为…
something happened in my O.R.
手术室里发生了一件事
And I got this jolt.
让我有种异样的感觉
I got this feeling that there’s something…
我觉得 在某个地方…
bigger out there.
有个庞大无垠的东西
Something bigger than me, bigger than you, and it…
比你我都巨大
Does that sound crazy?
我听起来像发疯了 对吧?
No.
不对
I couldn’t fix him.
我没救活他
I did everything right
我没做错任何一个步骤
and I couldn’t fix him.
却救不了他
That’s not supposed to happen.
本来不应该这样的
And I…
而我…
You cried.
你哭了
Yeah.
对
Why do people cry?
人为什么会哭?
What do you mean?
这话什么意思?
I mean, what happens physically?
我是说 哭泣时身体有何反应?
Tear ducts operate on a normal basis to
泪管通常
lubricate and protect the eye.
可以湿润并保护眼睛
When you have an emotion,
情绪激动时
they overact and create tears.
泪管会激烈反应 制♥造♥泪水
Why? Why do they overact?
为什么? 为什么会激烈反应?
I don’t know.
不知道
Maybe emotion becomes so intense
或许是因为情绪太饱满
your body just can’t contain it.
身体无法负荷
Your mind and your feelings become too powerful.
心灵和感觉变得太强烈
Your body weeps.
以致身体哭泣了
I have to go.
我得走了
I got to go. Stay right here.
我必须离开一下 你别走
Don’t go anywhere.
留在这里别走
Stay right there.
留在这里
Get the tube out.
把管子拿开
He can’t breathe.
他不能呼吸
It’s because the tube is blocked.
因为管子是塞住的
How you feeling?
觉得怎么样?
Ready to hit the waves.
可以去冲浪了
I’m afraid your bodysurfing days are over.
恐怕以后都别想冲浪了
You got a mean tattoo going there.
刺青好明显
What does your wife think of that?
你太太对这有什么反应?
That is my wife.
我刺的正是我太太的名字
OK. Check his vitals every 15.
每十五分钟替他检查一次
I can’t see you, but I know you’re there.
我看不见你 但我知道你还在
Go back and tell them that I’m not going.
回去转告一声 我还不想走
Not yet.
还早呢
Where have you been?
你去哪儿了?
Oh, shit. I totally forgot dinner.
糟糕 忘了和你约好吃晚饭
Dinner?
你吃晚饭了?
With who?
跟谁?
He is… a guy I met.
刚认识的一个人
I bumped into him and we got something to eat.
偶然间碰到他 一起吃了东西
Did you pack my backpack?
背包是你替我收拾的?
What else?
你们还做了什么?
Well, we talked…
谈话…
and then I got beeped and he disappeared.
然后我被呼叫 他就不见了
Why did you pack my backpack?
为什么替我收拾背包?
Earl, what are you doing?
伯爵 你好吗?
I thought we’d fly up to Tahoe,
我想我们可以到…
use your uncle’s cabin…
你叔叔的别♥墅♥度假
maybe do a little hiking.
也许还可以去健行
What?
什么东西?
Oh, God. Is it…?
天啊! 是那个吗?
Maggie, it’s just a tick.
玛姬 只是一支虱子
Get a match.
给我火柴
We’re not going to burn him, Jordan.
不可以烧虱子 乔登
It’ll have to back out. Can’t leave the head in.
要用火烧才能把它弄死
We can’t just be burning tick heads.
我们没那么残忍♥吧
Then get some alcohol.
那么拿酒精来
OK. I don’t have any.
我家里没有
You don’t have any alcohol?
你没有酒精?
I don’t operate here, Jordan.
我又不在这里动手术
How about some olive oil?
有没有橄榄油?
Which kind? Jalape or rosemary?
哪种? 要辣味或迷迭香的
Rosemary.
迷迭香
So what did you and your friend…
那么 你和你的朋友…
What did you say his name was?
你说他叫什么名字来着?
Seth.
塞斯
What did you two talk about?
你们谈了什么?
Dying.
死亡
Come on, we deal with life and death every day.
我们每天处理生死问题
Why can’t we talk about it?
为什么不能讨论死亡的事?
I hope you won’t become a surgeon
希望你别学有些医生
who prays in the O.R.
在手术里也要祷告
Can we talk for a minute?
可以聊一下吗?
We’ll talk while camping.
露营的时候再聊嘛
No, no. Jordan, I can’t go camping now.
乔登 我现在不能去露营
We need some time together.
我们得挪时间单独相处
OK. All right, let’s see if we can just spend 5 minutes.
好 先看看能不能相处五分钟
Let’s see if we can just stand still
看我们能不能静静的不动
for 5 minutes together.
单独相处五分钟
Doing what?
做什么呢?
Just being here.
站在这里就好了
I’ll get the trail map.
我去拿旅游地图
No, I mean it.
不 我是说真的
Nothing but us.
就我们俩
What may I suppose to do?
那我要做什么?
Just look at me.
看着我就行了
You can’t do it.
你办不到
You can’t do it.
你办不到
You flinched.
你退缩了
You lose!
你输了
You want to watch anything?
你要不要看电视?
Me neither.
我也不想看
How do you know when I’m here?
你怎么知道我在这里?
I know.
我知道
Jeez, you look good.
天呀 长得蛮帅的
I forgot how good everybody looked.
我都忘了大伙有多帅
30 years of silence.
沉默了三十年
You got guts, kid, showing yourself like that.
你有胆量 小伙子 敢就这样现身
I appreciate that. I do.
我很欣赏
It’ll make it easier.
这样更容易带我走
I got to tell you, I feel fine.
我得告诉你 我觉得好的很
You might want to check your orders, something.
最好查查你的指令
Because I sure don’t feel like I’m dying.
因为我根本不觉得自己快挂了
You’re not dying.
你并没有快死了
Oh, right.
没错!
Then how come you’re hanging around my room all the time?
那你干嘛老待在我房♥里?
I’m the only one with his ass hanging out of his dress.
这里只有我穿着病人服
Unless…
除非…
Could it be…
会不会是…
the doctor?
那个医生?
Sure.
当然
The doctor.
就是那个医生
She’s pretty.
她蛮漂亮的
A little flat-chested…
胸部有点平
but all you need’s a handful.
有一手握住的大小就够了