People die when their bodies give out.
躯体失去功效时 自然会死亡
It’s my job to keep their bodies from giving out.
我的职责就在防止躯体失效
Or what am I doing here?
不然 要我这个医生做什么
It wasn’t your fault, Maggie.
不是你的错 玛姬
I wanted him to live.
我想要他活下来
He is living.
他仍然活着
Just not the way you think.
只是和你想要的方式不同
I don’t believe in that.
我才不相信死后仍有生命
Some things are true whether you believe in them or not.
不管您信不信 真理就是真理
How did you know my name?
你怎么知道我的名字?
What’s yours?
你叫什么名字?
Seth. Seth.
塞斯 塞斯
You better get out of here, Seth…
你最好赶快离开 塞斯
or security’s going to think you’re a psych patient.
不然警卫会以为你是精神病人
Where are we?
怎么样?
Down a liter.
输了一公升血
Suction.
吸
No dying now, Mr. Messinger.
你不准死
Not until you give me Seth ‘s phone number.
除非 先把塞斯的电♥话♥号♥码给我
Those eyes.
那双迷人的眼睛
The way he looked…
他望着我的样子
right down into me.
看进我的灵魂里
Seth.
塞斯
What kind of name is Seth?
这是个什么样的名字?
I thought you’d be here.
就知道你在这里
Salty.
好咸
My transplant tanked at 2 a.m.
我的病人在凌晨两点过世了
You okay?
你还好吗?
Yeah!
还行
You might want to return this.
这本书大概该归还了
That part about the spring?
有关春天的那一段…
“You knew there’d always be a spring.”
“你知道 永远会有春天”
How did you know that…?
你怎么会知道…
What are you talking about?
你在说什么啊?
I didn’t give you this book.
书不是我给你的
You didn’t?
不是你?
Where’d you get it?
书哪儿来的?
Hi. I’m a physician,
你好 我是医生
and I think a patient left that in my office.
有位病人把书忘在医院里
Can you tell me who checked it out?
可否告诉我借书的是谁?
I can’t tell you who.
我不能告诉你是谁
I can tell you when.
可以告诉你什么时候借的
OK. Give me 5 minutes.
好的 给我五分钟
Hello, Maggie.
你好 玛姬
It’s nice to see you again.
真高兴再见到你
It’s weird to see you again.
真奇怪 又见到你
Weird is nice.
奇怪也是很好的
You like Hemingway?
你喜欢海明威?
Yeah, I’m starting to.
对 我正开始喜欢他
May I? OK.
可以念一段吗? 好的
“As I ate the oysters
我吃着生蚝
with their strong taste of the sea…
滋味带有浓烈的海洋气息
and their faint metallic taste…
还有隐隐约约的金属味
as I drank their cold liquid from each shell…
我就着蚝壳吸吮凉凉的液汁
and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine…
随着爽口的酒冲下咽喉
I lost the empty feeling…
空虚的感觉消逝无踪
and began to be happy.”
我开始觉得快乐
He never forgets to describe how things taste.
他永远记得要描述食物的滋味
I like that.
我很喜欢这一段
Do you come here a lot?
你常来图书馆吗?
I live here.
我住在这里
What do you do?
你在做什么?
Read.
我来看书
No, I mean, your work.
不 我是说 你做哪一行
I’m a messenger.
我是个使者
What kind of messenger? A bike messenger?
哪一种? 骑自行车送快递的吗?
No, I’m a messenger of God.
不 我是上帝的使者
Got a message for me?
有没有信要带给我?
I already gave it to you.
我已经把信息传给你了
Did you use my pager?
有没有呼叫我啊
I usually don’t get my messages unless you beep me.
不先呼叫我 收不到讯息的
You’ve definitely been beeped.
你早就收到呼叫了
How is Messinger?
麦辛杰还好吗?
He’s good.
他很好
The operation went really well.
手术很顺利
It was a good day.
今天是个好日子
It was a good day. Yeah, I didn’t kill anybody today.
对 我今天没杀死人
You’re an excellent doctor.
你是优秀的医生
How do you know?
你怎么知道?
I have a feeling.
我有这种感觉
That’s pretty flimsy evidence.
凭感觉 这种说法太荒谬了
Close your eyes.
闭上眼睛
It’s just for a moment.
一下子就好了
What am I doing?
我正在做什么?
You’re touching me.
你正在… 碰触我
Touch.
碰触
How do you know?
你怎么会知道?
Because I feel it.
因为我感觉到
You should trust that.
你应该相信自己的感觉
You don’t trust it enough.
你相信的不够
Let’s go somewhere.
我们走
Where?
去哪?
I don’t care.
哪都好
What do you want to do?
你想做什么?
Anything.
什么都可以
What’s that like?
吃来像什么?
What’s it taste like?
像什么味道?
Describe it. Like Hemingway.
学海明威 描述一下
Well, it tastes like…
呃 尝起来像…
a pear.
像梨子
You don’t know what a pear tastes like?
你不知道梨子是什么味道?
I don’t know
我不知道的是
what a pear tastes like to you.
对你来说 梨子是什么味道
Sweet…
甜美…
juicy.
多汁
Soft on your tongue.
在舌尖上感觉软绵绵的
Grainy like sugary sand that dissolves in your mouth.
像在口中融化的沙糖
How’s that?
我描述的如何?
It’s perfect.
描述的好极了
The first time I looked in a microscope,
头一回看到显微镜
that’s when I knew I wanted to be a doctor.
我就明白自己想当医生
Okay, let me have your hand.
好 手给我
What for?
干嘛?
We’ll take a look at your blood.
观察一下你的血液啊
Not a possibility.
这是不可能的
Men.
男人啊
I suppose you know a woman’s threshold of pain
知道吗 女人耐痛的程度
is 9 times higher than a man’s.
比男人♥大♥了九倍
OK. Take a look…
你瞧瞧…
Take a look at that.
你瞧瞧这个
That’s bright.
这光好亮喔!
That’s me.
那就是我
All those cells.
那些细胞都是我
That’s all you are.
那些细胞都是你
That and all the space in between.
那些细胞还有中间的空隙
If this is all you are these cells…
如果你就是这些细胞
then when they die, that’s the end.
当细胞死时 一切就结束了
I don’t know. I think so.
不知道 大概吧
How do you explain it?
你该如何解释?
What?
什么?