嗯 我知道
In fact, that’s why I wanted to see you.
实际上 我也是因此来找你
It’s about Walter. We had a…
关于 Walter 我们收到
Well, we received a very strange telegram.
我们收到封很奇怪的电报
From who?
谁发的?
Gordon Northcott.
Gordon Northcott
He’s asked to see you.
他要求见你
Why?
为什么?
He said he knows you’re still looking for your son,
他说知道你还在找儿子
and before he dies…
所以想在死之前
He says he lied when he testified that he didn’t kill Walter.
他说在听证会上说没有杀Walter 那时他撒了谎
Christine, he’s willing to finally admit that he did it.
Christine 他想坦白所做的一切
He says if you come up to see him in person,
他说如果你单独去见他
then he’ll tell you the truth, to your face
他会当面告诉你真相
so that you can get on with your life
那样你就可以继续生活了
and have some peace.
安心的生活
As you know, he’s set to be executed
你知道 他已判了死刑
the day after tomorrow at San Quentin,
后天在San Quentin 执行
so you don’t have a lot of time.
所以你时间并不多
It took me most of the morning to make all the arrangements.
我早上一直忙着安排这次见面
Turns out, you’re the first woman in 30 years
终于让你成为了30年来第一个
the state has allowed to visit a serial killer
由政府批准探访连环杀手的女性
on the eve of his execution.
而且是在他刑期前夜
You’ll be all right, ma’am?
这样可以吧 女士?
Yes. We’re right at the door.
嗯 我们就在门外
Twenty minutes.
20分钟
Don’t suppose you got a cigarette?
你不会刚好带着烟吧?
Mr. Northcott, you asked me to come here.
Northcott 先生 你让我来这里
You said that if I did,
你说如果我来了
you would tell me the truth about my son.
就会告诉我儿子的真相
Yeah.
是的
You’re right. I did say that.
不错 我是那样说的
But see, the thing is,
但是 现在是
I didn’t really think that you would come.
我没料到你真会来
And now.
现在
And now… And now what?
现在 现在怎么了?
I just didn’t expect that you’d…
我没想到你
I don’t wanna see you.
我不想见到你
You don’t wanna see me?
你不想见到我?
No. See, I can’t do this.
嗯 我说不出口了
I don’t wanna talk to you. I can’t talk to you right now,
我不想和你说 我现在无法对你说
not with what they’re gonna be doing to me tomorrow.
并非因为明天我会被绞死
It’s one thing, Mrs. Collins, to send a telegram,
Collins 女士 发电报这事
that is really easy.
的确很容易
But when it’s here, right now, in person, you know,
但现在 对着人 你知道
I just, I can’t…
我就 就无法
I can’t tell you what you want to hear, Mrs. Collins.
无法说出你想听的 Collins 女士
And why not?
为什么?
Because I don’t want to go to hell with a lie on my lips.
因为我不想因谎言下地狱
See, I did my penance,
我已忏悔过了
and I asked God to forgive me and he did, so far as I know.
我知道我已得到上帝的宽恕
And I have been really good ever since.
而且从那以后我一直很好
But if I lie now, if I commit any sins right now,
但若我现在说谎 如果我现在 犯下任何错误
I’m out of time here,
我就没机会了
and I won’t be forgiven again.
不会再次得到宽恕
And I’ll tell you one thing, I am not going to hell.
告诉你吧 我不要下地狱
I’m not…
我不
Mr. Northcott, you asked me to come here.
Northcott 先生 你让我到这来
Mr. Northcott, please look at me.
Northcott 先生 请看着我
Mr. Northcott, please look at me.
Northcott先生 请看着我
Did you kill my son?
你是不是杀了我儿子?
Did you kill my son?
你是不是杀了我儿子?
I don’t know what you’re talking about.
我不知道你在说什么
Yes, you do. Yes, you do. Hmm.
不 你知道 你知道的 嗯
Did you kill my son?
你是不是杀了我儿子?
I told you, I don’t wanna talk to you right now.
我说了 我现在不想和你说话
Did you kill my son?
你是不是杀了我儿子?
Did you kill my son?
你是不是杀了我儿子?
Did you kill my son? Hmm.
你是不是杀了我儿子? 嗯
Did you kill my son? I don’t know.
你是不是杀了我儿子? 我不知道
You don’t know? You don’t remember?
你不知道? 你不记得了?
Did you kill my son? Oh, no.
你是不是杀了我儿子? 噢 别
Answer me! You answer me! You answer me!
回答我! 快回答我!
I don’t know their names. Did you kill my son? Yes…
我不知道他们的名字 你是不是杀了我儿子? 你
You better get off of me.
你最好放开我
Or what? Hmm.
不又怎样? 嗯
Did you kill my son? I don’t know.
你是不是杀了我儿子?
Did you kill…
你是不是杀了
Did you kill my son?
你是不是杀了我儿子?
You know his name! Oh, I don’t. No.
你知道他的名字! 噢 我不知道
You know his name! You called him an angel!
你知道他的名字! 你还称他天使
No. You know his name!
不 你知道他的名字!
No, I don’t know his name. Did you kill my son?
不 我不知道他的名字 你是不是杀了我儿子?
They cried for their parents to come and get them and then I…
他们哭着要父母来带他们回去 我就
Did you kill my son? Did you kill my son?
你是不是杀了我儿子? 你是不是杀了我儿子?
Answer me! Or what?
回答我! 不又怎样?
Answer me!
回答我!
What are you gonna do? You gonna hurt me?
你要干什么? 要伤害我吗?
I hope you go to hell.
我要你下地狱
I hope you go to hell.
我要你下地狱
Did you kill my son? Guard! Hey, guard!
你是不是杀了我儿子? 警卫! 嘿 警卫!
Did you kill my son?
你是不是杀了我儿子?
Did you kill my son? Ma’am, please.
你是不是杀了我儿子? 女士 过来吧
GUARD: Come on. I hope you go to hell!
来吧 我要你下地狱!
I hope you go to hell! I hope you go to hell!
我要你下地狱! 我要你下地狱!
I’m sorry, ma’am.
对不起 女士
Did you kill my son?
你是不是杀了我儿子?
“Gordon Stewart Northcott,
Gordon Stewart Northcott
“you have been convicted of murder,
你被判谋杀
“the penalty for which is death by hanging.
并以绞刑处死
“There have been no stays or reprieves,
没有缓刑
“therefore the execution will go forward
因此按照加州法律条款
“as stipulated under the laws of the State of California.”
立刻执行
Do you have any last words?
有遗言没?
No.
没
Nothing.
没有
I kept clean after I confessed, Reverend,
牧师 我忏悔后没犯错了
just like I said I would.
我遵守了誓言
Will it…
那东西
Will it hurt?
会痛吗?
GORDON: Please, please, not so fast.
求你们 别走太快了
Please, don’t make me walk so fast!
请不要使劲推我走!
Please, don’t make me!
请不要推我!
No, I don’t wanna.
不 我不想
No! Thirteen steps.
不! 十三步
Thirteen steps.
十三步
But I didn’t touch them all, you bastards.
他们不全是我杀的 混帐
I didn’t touch them all. I didn’t touch them all.
他们不全是我杀的 他们不全是我杀的
Please!
拜托!
A prayer! Please!
祷告! 求你们!
God!
上帝!
Please! Somebody here, please,
拜托! 请哪位
say a prayer for me!
为我祷告!
No, God. No!
不 上帝 不!
No! No!
不! 不!
GORDON: Silent night
* 平安夜 *
Holy night
* 圣善夜 *
All is calm
* 万暗中 *
All is bright
* 光华射 *
Round yon Virgin
* 照着圣母 *
Mother and child