Follow me.
法学院毕业前 我接了这份工作
Took this job before I finished law school.
那时我急于找工作 怕我的贷款即将到期
I wanted any job. I was afraid of my loans coming due.
当时并不知道贝尔费在哪
I didn’t know where Belfry was.
我以为是贝尔格莱德 那可近多了
I guess I was thinking about Belgrade, which is a lot closer.
真是愚蠢
So stupid.
然后我找到了事务所工作
Then I got a real job.
他们让我来教课 因为他们觉得很有趣
And they’re letting me do this because they think it’s funny.
来程路上结冰 花了我四个钟头
The pass is icy. It takes me four hours to get here.
再花四小时回程
It’s gonna take me four hours to get back.
早晨我还得工作
I have to work in the morning.
你有告诉我 为何来上这门课吗?
Did you tell me how you ended up in this class?
我看到有人进教室
I just saw people going in.
我刚刚是不是出糗了?
Did I make a fool of myself?
不 我觉得很有趣
No. It was interesting.
我从不知道学生也有权利
I never knew a student had any rights.
你会再来听吗?
You gonna come back?
下次上课什么时候?
When’s it next?
星期四
Thursday.
每周二和周四 连续九周
Every Tuesday and Thursday for nine weeks.
但我没有报名登记
Well, I’m not signed up or anything.
他们不会查的
They’re not gonna check.
我甚至不懂学校法
I don’t even know school law.
所以上课前 自己得先学一遍
I’m gonna have to learn enough to teach it every time.
–给你 –谢谢
Here ya go. – Thank you.
你确定什么都不要吗?
Sure you don’t want anything?
你在哪工作?
Where do you work?
在郊外的海登牧场
Out on the Hadden Ranch.
照顾马匹 要做一整个冬天
Caring for the horses. It’s just a winter job.
你要不要吃另一半?
You want the other half?
不用了
No.
你如果待久一点 我可以带你四处看看
I’d show you, if you could stay longer.
看什么?
Show me what?
牧场 马
The ranch. The horses.
我必须回去 明早还要上班
I have to get back. I have to work in the morning.
没关系
Sure.
已经9点45分了 我必须走了
It’s already a quarter to 10:00. I have to go.
来吧 弗林
Come on, Flynn.
嘿 弗林
Hey, Flynn.
过来吧
Come.

Okay.
最高法♥院♥的关键裁决影响学校法
Key Supreme Court decisions affecting school law.
据1969年最高法♥院♥一起案例 俄亥俄州有10名学生遭到开除
In the Supreme Court case from 1969, 10 students in Ohio were expelled
理由是抗♥议♥参与越南战争 而配戴臂章
for wearing arm bands as a form of protest against the Vietnam War.
法♥院♥认为这一行为有违宪法
The court said that was unconstitutional,
因为裁决不遵守法定诉讼程序 且侵犯学生言论自♥由♥
for it violated their due process and their freedom of speech.
那个是庭可及德梅因案件
That was the Tinker v. Des Moines case.
有没有法律规定 教师工资应该随着
Is there a law that says teacher’s pay has to keep up with cost of living increases?
生活成本而上涨吗?
我不是工会组织者 但你应该向你的工会提这个问题
I’m not a labor organizer, but you should take that to your union.
教师能得到 只提供给教职人员的的预定车位…
Can teachers get reserved parking spaces for faculty only included in their…
你要去吃饭吗?
You going to the diner?
你知道镇上有什么人 能教这堂课吗?
Do you happen to know anyone in town that could teach this class?
我谁都不认识
I don’t know anyone at all.
你的胳膊怎么弄断的?
How’d you break your arm?
只是手腕 骑了一匹未被驯服的马
It’s just my wrist. Riding an unbroken horse.
驯服马? 这也是你的工作吗?
Breaking horses? Is that part of your job?
不是 只是回家和我兄弟们一起时
No. Just back home with my brothers.
对 小时候我和我兄弟们
Yeah, when we were kids, my brothers and I,
会偷溜出去 爬上一匹随便找到的老马
we’d sneak out and jump on any ol’ horse we could find.
没有马鞍 没有缰绳 只有一条麻线 就这样
No saddle, no halter. Just bring a piece of twine, that was it.
有一次摔断了尾骨
Once broke my tailbone.
整整两周 我都不敢告诉我妈
Was too afraid to tell my mother for two weeks.
上课只能坐在椅子的边缘 非常惨
Had to sit on the edge of my chair in class. It was awful.
而我很怕法学院毕业后 我必须去卖♥♥鞋子
And I was so afraid I’d get outta law school and be selling shoes.
哈啰
Hello.
抱歉
Sorry.

Okay.
我能载你去吃饭吗?
Can I give you a ride to the diner?
不是货车
Not in the truck.
在这等一下
Just… Just wait here.
你确定吗?
Really?
我已经很久没骑了
I mean, it’s been a while.
别去想它
Don’t think about it.
厨师想知道 后面那匹是你的马吗?
Cook wants to know if that’s your horse out back.

It is.
–他能给牠点水吗? –当然
Can he give it some water? – Sure.
–谢谢 –货车坏了吗?
Thank you. – Truck break down?
没有 车子没事
Nope. Truck’s all right.
来 吃点薯条
Here, have some fries.
你为什么害怕去卖♥♥鞋子?
Why were you afraid of selling shoes?
你有卖♥♥过鞋子吗?
Have you ever sold shoes?
我是说 你为什么 不是害怕去做别的事?
I mean, why were you afraid you couldn’t get anything else?
不知道
I don’t know.
因为我妈在一个学校餐厅打工
Because my mom works in a school cafeteria,
我姊姊是在医院的洗衣房♥
my sister in a hospital laundry.
所以 对我们这家人来说
So, selling shoes is the nicest job
卖♥♥鞋应该是最好的工作
a girl from my family’s supposed to get.
事情很顺利
It all worked out.
我是个律师 有份完美的工作 每15分钟就开车到贝尔费
See, I’m a lawyer with a wonderful job driving all the way to Belfry
直到把自己逼疯
every 15 minutes until I lose my mind.
现在是十点
It’s 10:00.
我回到家都半夜两点了
I’m not gonna be home until 2:00.
然后路上还有漫步的乳牛 艾德嘉城外还有薄冰
And there’s roaming cows in the road, black ice just outside of Edgar.
开过了薄冰 利文斯顿外还有个路障
If I get through that, there’s a roadblock just outside of Livingston.
然后我睡五个小时 冲个澡 然后去上班
Then I get to sleep for five hours, take a shower, go to work at 8:00,
做一堆没人想做的烂事
do a bunch of crap nobody else wants to do
明晚再继续学点学校法
and learn some more school law tomorrow night.
第二天提早下班
Leave work early the next day,
大老远再开车到这来 眼睛都睁不开了
and drive all the way back here, with my eyes twitching.
谢谢你骑马过来
It was nice of you to bring the horse.
你能送我回我的车吗?
Will you take me back to my car?
谢谢你
Thank you.
谢谢 晚安
Thanks. Have a good night.
弗林
Flynn!
很显然 崔维斯小姐觉得从 利文斯顿开车来太辛苦了
Apparently, Miss Travis found the drive from Livingston too arduous,
所以这学期剩余的课程 将由我来上
so I’ll take over the class for the rest of the term.
我是这个镇上的开业律师 你们当中一些人已经知道
I practice law here in town and, as some of you know
剩下的人 马上就会知道了
and the rest of you will find out soon enough,
我最近刚离了婚
I am recently divorced.
这个地方在…
The type of place to be open at…
你现在听到的
What you’re hearing now
对某些人来说很震撼 那些人…
to some ears, may be hitting those ears as irresponsible…
法律事务所
抱歉
Excuse me.
你认识一位叫 伊丽莎白崔维斯的律师吗?
I wonder if you happen to know a lawyer named Elizabeth Travis?
不认识
No.
嗨 丹尼斯 我是派蒂嘉德那
Hi, Denise, it’s Patty Gardener.
你知道镇上有一位叫 伊丽莎白崔维斯的律师吗?
Do you know a lawyer in town named Elizabeth Travis?
当然
Sure.
丹尼斯谁都认识
Denise knows everyone.
她在贝尔格莱德教书
She took a teaching job in Belgrade.
是贝尔费 但她在这还有个工作
Belfry. She’s got another job here.
她应该在镇上还有另一份工作
We believe she has another job here in town.
利文斯顿市 商业办公室

Hey.
我开车过来
I drove over.
还以为找错了地方
Thought I was in the wrong place.
你一路开过来?
You drove here?
我很遗憾你不教了 我原本很期待呢
Feel sorry you stopped teaching the class. I looked forward to it.
星期二我本想告诉你 我找了人代替我
I was gonna tell you on Tuesday I asked for a replacement
因为这车程
’cause of the drive.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!