And got this little sketch to help you find your way in.
所以…
So…
–转过来 –有必要吗?
Turn around. – Really?
是的 一点保护措施
Yeah. Little precaution.
麻烦请你脱掉大衣
Just need you to take off your coat, please.
好吧
Okay.
好 手臂张开
All right, arms out.
好了
There ya go.
我记得你
I remember you.
你曾经帮我一个监护权案件 写过报告
You wrote a report for a child custody case of mine.
“被告叫我去吃屎”
“Defendant instructed me to consume feces.”
我进去到底是不是明智之举?
Hey, is this an insane thing to be doing?
那就交给你了 汤米
You’re doing that. Here, Tommy.
–好了 –好了吗?
Okay. – Yeah?
好 我希望你带着这个
Okay, I want you to take this.
–是吗? –随身带着 我会打给你
Yeah? – Take it in with you. I’ll call it.
–好 –你接了 我们就知道你没事
Okay. – You pick it up, so that we know you’re okay.
你要是没接 我们就会开始起疑
You don’t pick up, we’re wondering.
你没必要进去的 这事还有别的解决办法
You know, you don’t have to go in there. There’s other ways to go about this.
不 我们能搞定的 没必要把事情弄得太大
No. We got this handled. We don’t need any big production.
对吧 韦尔斯?
Right, Wells?
既然我已经来了
Well, I’m here. So.
好 你只需要让他开口说话
Okay, well, just keep him engaged in the conversation,
尽量表现怜悯的样子
just try to be compassionate, let him feel like he’s being heard.
让他觉得有人在听他说话
重点是 要让他觉得 你是他的辩护律师
It’s important that he sees you as being his advocate.
你可以把责任都推到别人身上
And there’s nothing wrong with throwing blame on someone else.
怪罪这个制度
You know, blame the system.
让他觉得 你是站在他那边
Make him feel like you’re on his side.
你听懂了吗?让他说话
You got that, Wells? Keep him talking.
给你 拿好
Here we go. This.

Okay.
别紧张 你行的
Don’t sweat it. You’ll be great.
从那里进去 中间的门
Just right in there. Center door.

Okay.
福乐?是我
Fuller? It’s me.
我是来帮你找档案的
I’m here to find your file.
我该去找你 还是去拿档案?
Should I come to you or go get the file?
去拿档案
Go get the file.
大块头没事吧?
Is Big Man okay?
我叫阿米多纳
It’s Amituana.
你知道他是萨摩亚王室成员吗?
Did you know he’s a member of the Samoan royal family?
不 我不知道
No, I didn’t.
这么说 他是王子吗?
So does that make him a prince?
差不多 如果前面 14个继承人死掉的话 我就是国王了
Sort of. If 14 people die, I’ll be king.
那可能性有多大?
How likely is that?
微乎其微
Not very.
好了
Okay.
我找到文件了
I’ve got the file.
我该进去吗?
Should I come?
我们在靠门边第三个隔间房♥
We’re in the third cubicle from the door.
抱歉大半夜把你吵醒
Sorry to get ya out of bed.
坐下
Sit down.
嘿 我是劳拉韦尔斯
Hey. I’m Laura Wells.
–我叫阿米多纳 –嘿
Amituana. – Hey.
把文件读给我听
Read me the file.
不用念我陈述的那部分 我只想知道他们怎么说我的
Not the stuff I said, just the stuff they said about me.
一字一句念给我听
I wanna hear all the letters.
那得读一整个晚上 这就像…
That would take all night. It’s like…
那就开始吧
So start.
“亲爱的先生女士敬启 请看以下
“Dear Sir/Madam, enclosed herewith please find a copy
“有关117–616号♥文件 调查报告的
“of the investigative report pertaining to case file number
“副本
“117-616.
“你会在第七章节看到 我在调查中发现
“As you will see, at Section 7, I have made a finding that the employer,
“负责协助的工人约翰葛兰特 存在失职行为
“John Grant Incorporated, was negligent in failing to properly secure
“没有确保施工现场的支架 以及其他支撑结构的稳定
“the trusses and other supporting structures at the job site,
“而正是他的疏忽大意导致了
“and that such negligence was a contributing factor in causing the accident
“威廉福乐的受伤 此次事故乃
“involving William Fuller, which occurred at
“发生在蒙大拿州 利文斯顿 东梅巷46号♥
“46 East Meadowlark Lane, Livingston, Montana.
“根据蒙大拿州一般事务法 第5505D条款
“In accordance with Montana General Obligation Law 5505D
“以及联邦法规的有关规定 员工的常规疏忽
“and pertinent federal regulations, an employer’s ordinary negligence
“并不构成导致侵犯的独♥立♥行为
“will not sustain an independent cause of action in tort.
“因此 任何此索赔 必须追究至工人的公♥司♥…”
“Rather, any such claim must be brought pursuant to the Worker’s…”
别管它
Leave it.
抱歉 警长 她没接
Sorry, Chief, she’s not picking up.
让我请求一些支持
Let me call in some backup.
会没事的
It’ll be all right.
汤米 再试试看
Tommy, give ’em another try.
长官 我觉得让她进去是个错误
You know, I really think that’s a mistake, sir.
“…没有任何证据证明
“…failure to make a finding with respect to the issue of
“福乐先生在此事件中 有任何过失 如你所知
“Mr. Fuller’s own contributory negligence. As you are aware,
“至少有一个工人作证 在福乐先生摔倒在地后
“at least one worker alleges he smelled alcohol on Mr. Fuller’s breath
“闻到他的呼吸中有酒味”
“as he lay on the ground after the fall.”
“来自:法务助理阿德勒阿里斯 关于:威廉福乐
“From: Adele Harris, Legal Assistant. Regarding: William Fuller.
“福乐先生今天打给我 让我告诉他约翰葛兰特的的住址
“Mr. Fuller called today and asked me to give him JG Grant’s home address.
“他说我应该让约翰 以及他的家人知道
“He said I should let JG, and the whole crew of mini-JGs, know
“他今天要去打碎他的头骨 就像他之前受伤那样
“that he’ll be coming down there to break skulls like his was broken.”
“2014年9月20日
“September 20th, 2014.
“福乐先生又打来了
“Mr. Fuller called again today.
“当我告诉他 你无法和他交谈时
“When I informed him that you were not available to speak with him,
“他开始大吼大叫并诅咒我 骂我是婊♥子♥”
“Mr. Fuller started yelling and cursing at me and called me a bitch.”
我看过他工作
I’ve watched him work.
你应该看看 他在我书房♥做的那些精致的手艺
Man, you should see the intricate things he did in my study.
你看不出旧的木头到哪结束 新的木头又从哪接起来
You can’t tell where the old wood ends and the new wood begins.
那是在他摔坏脑袋之前
Before he fell on his head.
“请你记住 我确实
“Please be reminded that I did, in fact, meet with you
“跟你会面过三次 在分配条款前
“on three separate occasions in order to explain the terms of the settlement
“向你解释过协议内容 且陈述里面条款”
“prior to your signing the stipulation setting forth terms of the same.”
继续
Go on.
这里面有些是口述的 我很抱歉
Some of this is dictated. I’m sorry.
我不擅长口述信件
I’m not good at dictating letters.
继续读吧
Just keep going.
“因此 没有其他的原因
“And accordingly, no additional cause of action lies.
“尽管你的神经学报告 声称你有复视
“This remains the case, despite the neurologist’s report
“失忆及突然昏厥的症状 案子仍维持原判
“citing your lingering double vision, memory loss, and fainting spells.
“敬祝你早日康复
“Please accept my wishes for a speedy recovery.
“谨上 劳拉韦尔斯”
“Truly yours, Laura Wells.”
你没救了
You got screwed.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我现在该怎么做?
What can I do now?
告诉我 我现在还能做什么?
Tell me. Now, what can I do?
自首吧
Give yourself up.
不!
No!
该死 我是认真的 我在跟你讨论案子
God damn it, I’m serious here. I’m talking about the case.
我认为你已无计可施
I don’t think you can do anything.
去做物理治疗吧
Go to physical therapy.
对你妻子好一点
Be nice to your wife.
我要让阿米多纳出去
I’m letting Amituana go.

Okay.
没事了
All right.
若你当上了萨摩亚的国王 我会去找你
If you get to be King of Samoa and I show up there,
到时你会给我一份工作吧?
you’ll have a job for me, right?
你要记得 我在彻底完蛋的情况下放你走
You’ll remember I got screwed and I let you go.
当然
Sure.
好 你何不顺着台阶走出去?
Okay. Why don’t ya take the stairs and you go on outside?
告诉他们 若采取任何行动 我会杀了这个女人
And tell them if they try anything, I’ll kill the woman.
她是我的律师
She’s my lawyer.
我有足够的理由杀她
I got reason to kill her.
就这么跟他们说
You tell ’em that.
你还是能帮我的
You can still help me.
对 只要你自首 我们能申请精神鉴定
Yeah, if you turn yourself in, we can gin up a mental defense

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!