哦,我的鞋子在哪里?我要去见船长。
Oh, where are my shoes? I’ve got to see the Captain.
回到这里。
Back here.
你在这儿。
Here you is.
你以为你能跳上甲板吗?
You reckon you’re pert enough to hop on deck?
你去找船长,叫他到这儿来。
You find the Captain and tell him to come down here.
我看他没听见你说那句话,算你走运。
I reckon you’re lucky he didn’t hear you say that.
-我的衣服在哪里?-在这,还没干呢。
– Where are my clothes? – Here they is and they ain’t dry.
——孩子,你……-船长在哪里?
– Boy, you… – Where is the Captain?
在甲板上。
Up on deck.
你真是你自己的滋补品。
You sure is a tonic to yourself.
你好,儿子。所以你失足了。
How do you do, son? So you slipped from your mooring.
和我们呆一会儿。
Going to stay with us awhile.
你现在看起来像条春天的青鱼……
You look like a spring herring now…
但是你会在秋天之前变胖的。
but you’re going to fatten up before the fall.
我不知道你在说什么。船长在哪里?
I don’t know what you’re talking about. Where’s the Captain?
船尾。
Aft.
-我怎么找到船长?-你打中他了。
– How do I get to the Captain? – You got to him.
-你感觉怎么样,孩子?-你是说你是这条船的船长?
– Well, how are you feeling, sonny? – You mean you’re the Captain of this boat?
这是普遍的看法。
That’s the general opinion.
到欧洲要多长时间?
How long would it take you to get to Europe?
我不知道,孩子。我从来没有试着去那里航行。
Well, I don’t know, sonny. I never tried to sail there.
但我想让你带我去那儿。我得去见我父亲。
But I want you to take me there. I’ve got to meet my father.
哦,那太遗憾了,因为恐怕这事做不到。
Well, that’s a pity, because I’m afraid it can’t be done.
那好吧,带我去纽约。
All right, then, take me to New York.
我觉得你不明白,山尼。
I don’t think you understand, sonny.
我们正在大浅滩上工作。
We’re working off the Grand Banks.
这艘帆船来自马萨诸塞州的格洛斯特。
This schooner is from Gloucester, Massachusetts.
我们钓鱼完后会带你去那里。
We’ll take you there when we’re through fishing.
我不想去格洛斯特。
I don’t want to go to Gloucester.
你不?好吧,现在。
You don’t? Well, now.
-他是船长吗?-我们让他以为他是
– Is he the Captain? – We let him think he is.
-也许他想当上尉,爸爸。-哦,我不知道,丹欧。
– Maybe he’d like to be captain, Dad. – Oh, I don’t know, Dan-o.
我知道你想回家,孩子,但我们是来钓鱼的。
I know you want to get home, son, but we’re out here to catch fish.
我们要抓住足够的水,把前舱和后舱装满,才能离开这里。
We ain’t going to leave here till we catch enough to fill the fore and after hold.
听着,我父亲是弗兰克·伯顿·谢恩。
Say, look, my father is Frank Burton Cheyne.
你不相信我吗?
Don’t you believe me?
我不怀疑你知道你♥爸♥爸的名字。
I don’t doubt you know your own daddy’s name.
但如果你带我去找他,我们会付钱给你的。难道你不想赚点钱吗?
But we’ll pay you if you take me to him. Don’t you want to make some money?
这就是我们捕鱼的目的。
That’s what we’re hoping to do catching fish.
但他的富有。他能买♥♥到的鱼比你见过的都多。
But he’s rich. He can buy more fish than you ever saw.
为什么,我掉下去的那艘船是他的。
Why, he owns the boat I fell off.
-你是说班轮吗?-是的,他实际上拥有它。
– You mean the liner? – Yes, he practically owns it.
有可能是摔倒造成的。
It might have been the fall that done it.
平底小渔船,先生。
Dories in, sir.
放轻松点,孩子。
Now you take it easy, son.
-现在你得听我说…——Dan-o。
– Now you’ve got to listen to me… – Dan-o.
索尔特叔叔来取铃。
Uncle Salters’ll take the bell.
你把它带到下面,让它弯在你的衣服上。
You take him down below and let him bend on some of your clothes.
孩子,无论我们采取什么方针,你都不能那样拐弯抹角。
No matter what course we take, son, you can’t tack around like that.
然后你再去休息一会儿。
Then you go and rest a little more.
-你叫什么名字?——哈维·埃尔斯沃斯·夏恩
– Now, what’s your name? – Harvey Ellsworth Cheyne.
我是丹。到下面来。
Well, mine’s Dan. Come on down below.
你是怎么在风平浪静的时候从船上掉下来的?
So, how’d you fall off that boat in a calm?
暴风雨就要来了。
There was a storm coming down.
今天早晨好吗?今天早上没有暴风雨。那是一片平静。
This morning? There wasn’t no storm this morning. It was a flat calm.
嗯,我应该知道。
Well, I ought to know.
一整天都只是有点小浪。
There ain’t been no more than a little swell all day.
等等,我们会在这里度过艰难的一天。
Wait’ll we get a rough day out here.
你怎么称呼辛苦的一天?
What do you call a rough day?
当她把她的小木屋都淹到水里的时候
When she’s putting most of her cabin house under water.
来,把这些穿上。
Here, put these on.
等着看我们去的一些地方吧。
Wait till you see some of the places we go.
什么地方?
What places?
石头栅栏,圣皮埃尔河岸,鲸深,岩石。
Stone Fence, St. Pierre’s Bank, Whale Deep, Virgin Rock.
爸爸搭上了鱼的便车。人们说他像鳕鱼一样思考。
Pop gets a ride along with the fish. Folks say he thinks like a codfish.
如果像鳕鱼一样思考能让我去我想去的地方…
Well, if thinking like a codfish is gonna get me where I want to get…
我不在乎他怎么想。
I don’t care how he thinks.
爸爸,不要急着下结论。
Pop don’t make no hasty judgments.
嘿,这是我见过的最烂的衣服。这东西好痒。
Hey, these are the worst clothes I ever saw. This stuff itches.
你戴一会儿吧。它们会缩小到你的吨♥位。
Wait’ll you wear them for a little while. They’ll shrink to your tonnage.
-转左舷。-快点,把这东西拿上来。平底小渔船。
– Round to port. – Come on, get this stuff on. Dories in.
那与我无关。
That’s got nothing to do with me.
850磅的<我>
For those 850-pounders
他们超过挣扎
They’re more than out-floundered
-你给他们带来更好的东西了吗?-靠左舷,伙计。
– Did you bring them in better? – Lean to port, man.
-嘿,戴夫,走吧。-右舷箱,拉上来。
– Hey, Dave, hoist away. – Starboard bin, and pull up.
你煮了很多咖啡吗,医生?
Got plenty of coffee boiling, Doc?
-是的,长官,Disko上尉。-看看长杰克。
– Yes, sir, Capt. Disko. – Look at Long Jack.
他的鱼这么少,我想他们都是孤独而死的。
He’s got such few fish they die of loneliness, I think.
也许你做得更好?
You did better, maybe?
等着看我给你什么。我钓到带毛的鱼。
Wait till you see what I get. I get fish with hair on him.
我的新鱼在那里!你感觉如何,小鱼?
There my new kind of fish! How you feel, little fish?
嘿,你打算在我们出发之前把这些老鱼和其他东西都切碎吗?
Hey, are you gonna cut up all these old fish and stuff before we get going?
我要去找我父亲。
I want to get to my father.
好吧,还需要一点时间,孩子。少放点盐,亨利。
Well, it’ll be some little time, yet, son. Easy on that salt, Henry.
——什么时候?-就像你说的,汤姆。
– When? – It’s just like you said, Tom.
他们的经营规模很小。
They’re running kind of smallish.
-大概三个月了,儿子。——三个月?
– About three months, son. – Three months?
当我们满载着鱼驶向格洛斯特时…
When we head into Gloucester with a full load of fish…
我们会帮你找到你的家人。
we’ll help you find your folks.
-但我想马上就走。-抱歉,儿子。
– But I want to get going right away. – Excuse me, son.
它们今天是不是都饿坏了。偷了我所有的装备。
Was them sharks ravenous today. Right stole all my gear.
-嘿,你听不懂我说的吗?-听着,孩子。
– Hey, can’t you understand me… – Now, look here, sonny.
我一直在密切关注你的问题,我想帮你……
I’ve been close-hauling your problem, and I want to help you…
但我们也有自己的问题。
but we’ve got our problems, too.
我们所有人都在钓鱼……
All of us here share in the fishing…
现在要回格洛斯特了…
and heading back to Gloucester now…
我们可能会失去我们和我们的家人明年冬天的日常食物。
we’d maybe lose all next winter’s daily bread for us and our folks.
你现在不会想这样吧?
You wouldn’t want that now, would you?
你疯了吗?我告诉过你,我父亲比我有钱…
Are you crazy? I told you my father had more money…
起重机,杰克!
Hoist away, Jack!
你是要听我说,还是你不明白…
Are you going to listen to me, or don’t you understand…
站远一点,男孩。
Stand away, boy.
嘿,如果你认为我会在这艘船上待上三个月…
Hey, if you think I’m going to stay on this boat for three months…
现在,听着,孩子……
Now, look here, son…
我一点也不怪你。
I don’t blame you none.
胆汁排出体外后,你也不会再来找我了。
Now you won’t me either after the bile’s out of your system.
即使你♥爸♥爸有你说的一半…
And even if your daddy was half what you say…
这样做是不对的,也不应该只是赌两周的好钓……
it wouldn’t be right nor just to gamble two weeks good fishing…
反对一个不安的男孩发出的纱线。
against a yarn give out by an upset boy.
但我是个公正的人…
But I am a fair-minded man…
你在船上的时候,我会付给你工资。3美元一个月。
and while you’re aboard, I’ll pay you wages. $3 a month.
– 3美元…-来吧,孩子。
– $3… – Now come on, sonny.
你开始帮丹处理鳕鱼肝。
You start helping Dan with them cod livers.
这里有一副手套。
Here’s a pair of gloves.
我们先把它们洗掉,然后把它们放进去……
We wash them out first, then we put them in there…
把桶装满后,再把它们放进桶里。
and after we get the bucket full, then we put them in the barrel.
这就是鱼肝油的来源。
That’s how we get cod-liver oil.
-你觉得我会那么做吗?-来,他们不会伤害你的,小鱼。
– You think I’d do that? – Here, they won’t hurt you, little fish.
是的,你听到爸爸的命令了。你现在是船员了。
Yeah, you heard pop’s orders. You’re one of the crew now.
我不是,我也不会在这艘船上工作,也没有人能强迫我。
I am not and I’m not going to work on this boat and nobody can make me, either.
嘿,Disko,听到了吗?来吧,不要害怕,小鱼。
Hey, Disko, you hear this? Come on now, don’t be scared, little fish.
你离我远点。你们都离我远点。
You keep away from me. All of you keep away from me.
你们谁也不能强迫我做任何事。
None of you can make me do anything.
嘿,迪斯科。你会叛变。
Hey, Disko. You got mutiny on board.
如果你不想帮忙,就保持沉默。
If you don’t want to help, just keep quiet.
等我下了船,我要让我父亲把你们都关进监狱。
When I get off this boat, I’m going to get my father to put you all in jail.
你所有的绑匪。
You’re all kidnappers.
好吧,我想没有别的事可做了。
Well, I guess there ain’t nothing else to do.
我敢打赌他们会把你们关进监狱的。
I’ll bet they put you all in jail.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!