达勒姆公牛队开始将棒球打的
the Durham Bulls began playing baseball…
充满乐趣 活力和诗意
with joy and verve and poetry.
我的心中也充满了矛盾
The two sides of my own brain werejumbled up and cross-wired.
一方面是自己被忽视的痛苦
While one side was being neglected…
另一方面则是看到我们的公牛队
the other was in paradise watching our Bulls play…
打的像大联盟球队一样棒而高兴
like big leaguers.
对金斯顿队四场连胜
We swept a four-game series at Kinston…
对温斯顿队胜两场
two games at Winston-Salem…
还战胜了该死的格林斯博罗队
and kicked the holy shit out of Greensboro in a three-game set.
而克拉舍 继续向…
And Crash, who kept hitting dingers…
小联盟全垒打记录挺进
was approaching the minor-league record…
我保留着这个秘密
though I told nobody.
在获得了独♥立♥日连赛胜利后…
After sweeping theJuly 4 doubleheader…
达勒姆公牛队初次感到了疲倦
the Durham Bulls were tied for first.
连胜固然很好 可我却寂寞极了
Beautiful as the winning streak was, I was getting damn lonely.
该去做点什么
Something had to be done.
我需要男人
I needed a man.
我喜欢胜利 伙计
I love winning, man.
我爱死了胜利
I fuckin’ love winning.
懂我的意思吗 这感觉比输球要好太多
You know what I’m saying? It’s like better than losing.
再教我点什么吧 我需要学习
Teach me something new. I need to learn.
教我点什么
Teach me something.
你要写点什么吗
You got something to write with?
很好 现在你该学会应付采访
Good. It’s time to work on your interviews.
对我的专访 我该怎么做
My interviews? What do I gotta do?
你要学会说那些陈词烂调
You have to learn your cliches.
你必须要学 要有所了解
You’re gonna have to study them, gonna have to know them.
他们是你的朋友 把这写下来
They’re your friends. Write this down.
“我们每天都要进行训练”
“We gotta play ’em one day at a time.”
“每天都要…”
“Got to play…”
-这真烦人 -当然很烦
-It’s pretty boring. -Of course it’s boring.
但很重要 写下来
That’s the point. Write it down.
“…进行训练”
“One day at a time.”
“我很高兴能来这里
“I’m just happy to be here.
希望我能帮到球团”
Hope I can help the ball club.”
我明白 写下来
I know. Write it down.
“我只想做到最好
“I just wanna give it my best shot.
老天保佑 一切会实现的”
And the good Lord willing, things will work out.”
“老天保佑…
“Good Lord willing…
一切会实现的”
things will work out.”
安妮最近如何
How’s Annie?
她最近不怎么开心 事实上…
She’s getting pretty steamed, actually…
因为我还在积蓄我的精力
’cause I’m still rechanneling my sexual energy.
我正准备放弃 和她去睡上一觉
I’m figurin’ I’m just gonna cave in and sleep with her.
让她冷静点
You know, calm her down.
你是疯了吗
Are you out of your mind?
我只是…只是那么一晚
I’m just… Talking about one time.
要是你现在放弃 那么就会开始输球
If you give in now, you might start losing.
连胜开始后绝对不能有性♥爱♥
Never fuck with a winning streak.
你们好 小伙子们
Hi, boys.
亲爱的 过来
Hi, darlin’. Get in here.
吉米
Hey, Jimmy!
要我捎你一段吗
Want a ride?
你信耶酥基♥督♥是你的救世主吗
Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior?
不信
No.
我能对你传道吗
Can I give you my testimony?
你做什么都行
You can do anything you want.
拿着
Hop in.
我真为你们自豪
I am so proud of you guys.
还要些汤吗
You want some more soup, honey?
不要了 谢谢 那很好吃
No, thanks. That was great.
要我帮你按♥摩♥下背部吗
How about a little back rub?
不用 我没事
No, I’m okay.
我只需要小睡一会
I think I’ll just take a little nap.
要我帮你脱衣服吗
You want me to tuck you in?
安妮 你不该引诱我
Annie, you can’t seduce me.
亲爱的 我没想引诱你
Sweetie, I’m not gonna try to seduce you.
这是什么
What’s that?
是我的大腿
That’s my leg.
我知道这是什么
I know what it is.
既然我们不想做♥爱♥ 也不训练你的手眼协调
I thought maybe we could work on some fundamentals…
那么就谈谈关于基本原则的事
since we’re not gonna make love and improve your hand-eye coordination.
我的手眼协调
My hand-eye coordination?
把我的长袜解下来
Unsnap my stocking.
改天吧 克拉舍说女人的阴…
The other day, Crash called a woman’s pu…
阴♥户♥…
pussy…
你明白那里的毛都是V字形的
You know how the hair is kind of in a V-shape?
是的 我知道
Yes, I do.
他把那叫做百慕大三角
He called it the Bermuda Triangle.
他说男人要是陷进那里 就会永世不得翻身
He said a man could get lost in there and never be heard from again.
你们说的好下流
What a nasty thing to say.
他不是下流的意思
He didn’t mean it nasty.
他说要是迷失在那里
He said getting lost and disappearing from the face of the earth…
有时候并不是什么坏事
was sometimes a good thing to do, especially like that.
但是 他还说有时候
But, he also said that there were times…
是需要纪律和自控的
for discipline and self-control.
我觉得现在就是该自控的时候
And I think this is one of those times.
克拉舍是个很聪明的男人
Crash is a very smart man.
亲爱的 那就试一下
Honey, let’s give it a try.
等等 看着我做
Here, wait. Watch.
你试着做下
You try. Go ahead.
对
Yep.
你是在把我当白♥痴♥
You’re playing with my mind.
我只想训练你的身体
I’m trying to play with your body.
你想要勾引我
You’re trying to seduce me.
我当然是想勾引你
Of course I’m trying to seduce you.
我就那么可怜 我难道不漂亮吗
I’m doing a damn poor job of it. Aren’t I pretty?
我觉得你真的很可爱
God, I think you’re real cute.
可爱 小鸭子才可爱
Cute? Baby ducks are cute.
我讨厌被说成可爱
I hate cute.
我希望你觉得我奇妙而性感
I wanna be exotic and mysterious.
你是又奇妙又性感
You’re exotic and mysterious and cute.
看来我最好走了
That’s why I better leave.
纽克 你全都搞错了
Nuke, you got it all wrong.
性和棒球之间并没有什么关系
There’s no relationship between sex and baseball.
-去问克拉舍 -我问过了
-Ask Crash. -I did.
那他是怎么回答的
What did he say?
要是我和你上♥床♥ 那我又会开始输球
If I give into you, I’ll start losing again.
他这么说的
He did?
是的
Yeah.
等输球的时候我会回来的
I’ll be back when we lose.
该死的
Damn it!
你怎么可以教唆纽克不和我上♥床♥
How dare you tell Nuke to stay out of my bed.
你是在干涉我的私生活
You are messin’ with my private life!
进来前你该先敲门
Knock-knock, you know? Come in.
你是在愚弄他
-You’re confusing him. -Like, thank you.
你完全的左右了他的思想
You’re bending his mind all out of shape.
-我什么 -你是在愚弄他
-I’m what? -You’re confusing him!
我在愚弄他 你教他什么用眼皮呼吸的鬼把戏
I’m confusing him? You got him breathing out of the wrong eyelid.
还让他穿什么吊袜带
You got him parading around the locker room like a fruit.
那不过是搞点迷信 而刚好有效
That is a religious ritual and happens to be working.
等等 你算是什么
Wait a second. Who dresses you?
-什么 -你算是什么
-What? -Who dresses you?
你算是加州棒球联盟的编外人员
You think this is a little excessive for the Carolina League?
“额外的努力使人抵达智慧的宫殿” 威廉布莱克
“The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.” William Blake.
威廉布莱克
William Blake?
你说”威廉布莱克”是什么意思
What do you mean “William Blake”?
我就是说”威廉布莱克”
I mean “William Blake.”
你是谁
Who are you?
你有正式职业吗
Do you have a job?