I can’t really hear you.
无论如何 葬礼上没有下雨
Well, the rain held off, anyway.
她的高尔夫俱乐部成员都来了 每一个人
And the whole of her golf club came. Every single one of them.
把屋子都挤满了
We had a real houseful afterwards.
你还在听吗
Are you still there?
在
Yes.
人们都很爱她 艾莉丝
People really loved her, Eilis.
同事 邻居 每一个人
Her friends from work, the neighbours, everybody.
没人知道该对我说什么
Nobody knew what to say to me.
你♥爸♥爸去世时 我告诉自己 我不能太过悲痛
When your daddy died, I said to myself that I shouldn’t grieve too much
因为我还有你们两个
because I had the two of you.
你去美国的时候 我也这么跟自己说
Then when you went to America, I told myself the same thing
因为她还在这儿陪着我
because she was here with me.
但你们都走了 艾莉丝 没人在我身边了
But everyone’s gone, Eilis. I have nobody.
我受不了了 托尼
I can’t bear it, Tony.
你是不是想回家了
You wanna go home, I guess.
如果我回去了 你怎么办
And how would it be for you, if I did go home?
我会每天担惊受怕
I’ll be afraid, every single day.
-你担心我不回来吗 -是的 家毕竟是家
-Afraid that I wouldn’t come back? -Yes. Home is home.
我不确定我还有没有家了
I’m not sure if I have a home anymore.
你明天不去上班 是吧
You are not going to work tomorrow, are you?
做完弥撒后 我能带你去个地方吗
After the Mass, can I take you somewhere?
就是这里了
This is it.
如果可以的话 我们在这里盖上五间房♥子
We’re gonna build five houses here, if we can.
爸妈会拥有其中一间
And mom and dad, they are gonna have one,
因为我妈总是想要一间带后院的房♥子
Cos ma always wanted a house with a backyard.
把其中的三个卖♥♥掉 剩下那一个
We’ll sell three. And the other one…
我兄弟们问我想不想要 我说是的
My brothers they asked me if I wanted it and I said that I did.
所以 我觉得我想说的是
So, I guess what I’m saying is
你想和我一起在长岛这里生活吗
if you want to live out here on Long Island?
我知道现在这儿看上去并不是太好
I mean I know it doesn’t look like much right now,
但是周边其他的地都已经卖♥♥光了
but all the land around here has been sold,
所以我们不会孤独
so we wouldn’t be on our own.
会架电♥话♥线 通电 什么都有
And there would be telephone cables, electricity and everything.
我们会创办一个公♥司♥
We’re gonna set up a company,
一个建筑公♥司♥ 我们三个
a building company, the three of us.
我负责管道 劳伦斯做木工
And I’m gonna do the plumbing and Lawrence is gonna do the carpentry.
别不说话
Don’t go all quiet on me.
至少告诉我你会考虑考虑
At least tell me you’ll think about it.
我不需要考虑
I don’t need to think about it.
就回去一个多月 这样会让她好过一点
It’s just for a month or so. I know it would make her feel a little better.
你愿意在走之前嫁给我吗
Will you marry me before you leave?
你不相信我会回来吗
You don’t trust me to come back?
嫁给我 嫁给我吧
Marry me! Marry me!
我们不需要告诉任何人
We don’t have to tell anyone.
我们赶紧结了 就我俩知道
We just do it quickly, just keep it between us.
你为什么想要这样做呢
Why do you want to do it?
因为不这样的话 我会疯掉的
Because if we don’t, I am gonna go crazy.
我现在发誓不也一样吗
Would a promise not be the same?
如果你可以发誓的话 结婚对你也不难
If you can promise, you can easily do this.
所以就是这里吗 这就是你住的地方吗
So this is it? This is where you live?
是的 如果你弄出一点噪音 她会把我赶出去的
Yes, and if you make one tiny noise she’ll evict me.
天哪 天哪
Oh, man! Oh, man!
现在没必要担心了 待在我身边
Oh, there’s no point in worrying now. Stay with me.
-你想玩吗 -当然
-Do you want to play? -Yes, sure.
好的 球棒马上就好
Alright. Here we go, one bat coming up.
球给我 准备好了吗 手抬起来
I’ll take that, alright. You ready? Hands up.
哇 直接打到三垒底线
Oh, right down to the third-base line.
他是不是打扰到你了 因为连我都觉得他吵
Is he annoying you? Because he is annoying me.
没有没有 我有个弟弟跟他一样大 你是爱尔兰人吗
No no no. I got a brother the exact same age? Hey, are you Irish?
有这么明显吗
Is it so obvious?
我只是马上要跟一个爱尔兰的姑娘结婚了
I’m just about to marry an Irish girl,
所以我更容易注意到
so I guess I notice it more.
布鲁克林有好多爱尔兰人啊
There are a lot of you in Brooklyn.
有时候我觉得好像爱尔兰都没人了
Sometimes it seems as though there can’t be anybody left at home.
你的未婚妻是爱尔兰哪里的
Where is your girl from?
恩尼斯科西 在威克斯福德郡
Enniscorthy, in County Wexford.
我妻子好像有亲戚住那
I think my wife has family there.
嗨 艾莉丝 过来一下
Hey, Eilis! Come here for a second.
安东尼·菲欧雷洛和艾莉丝·蕾西
Anthony Fiorello and Eilis Lacey.
将来我们会告诉孩子们我们是秘密结婚的吗
Will we ever tell our children we did this?
可以留到某个纪念日上说
Maybe we’ll save it for some anniversary.
不知道他们会怎么想
I wonder what they’ll think of it.
南希
Nancy!
你好迷人
You look so glamorous!
我就说吧
I told you so.
-露丝的死我很遗憾 -谢谢你 你怎么样
-I’m so sorry about Rose. -Thank you. How are you?
不是吧
No!
我早知道了 但我希望南希能亲口告诉你
I knew. But I wanted to let Nancy tell you herself.
-我好高兴你能来参加我的婚礼 -我能吗
-I am so glad you can come to the wedding. -Can l?
你母亲已经代你接受了我的婚礼邀请
Your mother accepted the invitation on your behalf.
-什么时候 -八月二十七
-When is it? -The 27th of August.
你明晚能跟我和乔治出来玩吗
Will you come out with George and me tomorrow night?
安妮特也想见你
Annette wants to see you, too.
我不介意你出去
Oh, I don’t mind.
我得给你找把钥匙
I’ll have to find you a key.
我可不想起来给你开门
I don’t want you getting me out of bed.
我们都很想听听纽约生活是什么样子
We all want to hear what life in New York is like.
我会尽量想出点东西来跟你们分享的
I’ll try and think of something to say.
我回纽约的船票是二十一号♥的
I’m booked to go back to New York on twenty-first.
你可以多待一周 见证你最好的朋友结婚吧
Oh, you can wait an extra week to see your best friend married.
我不敢相信 你永远没办法认识我丈夫了
I can’t believe I’m married to someone you’ll never know.
你一定会喜欢他的 我相信
But you’d like him. I know you would.
他很贴心 很幽默
He’s sweet. He’s funny.
而且他的眼睛非常美
And he has got these wonderful eyes that…
我好希望事情不是现在这样
I wish everything were different…
现在轮到 来自库什的奥图尔太太
So, now. Mrs. O’Toole from Cush.
我们必须要回信吗
Do we really have to do this?
收到一封吊唁信跟收到生日礼物不一样吧
Getting a letter of condolence isn’t like getting a birthday present, is it?
如果这位来自库什的奥图尔太太给你回信
What if Mrs. O’Toole from Cush writes back
来感谢你的感谢信呢
To thank you for your thank you?
那我就再回一封感谢信
Then I’ll thank her.
你也愿意后半生都这样寄信收信吗
And you’ll be happy to spend the rest of your life like that?
反正我也没别的事情可做
It’s not as if I have anything else to do.
也没有别的人可以说话
Nor anybody else to talk to.
就和来自库什的奥图尔太太写写信呗
It might as well be Mrs. O’Toole from Cush.
那你想让我写什么
What do you want me to say?
应该是南希和安妮特到了
That would be Nancy and Annette.
去吧
Off you go.
好好玩
Enjoy yourself.
艾莉丝 这是吉姆·法瑞尔
Eilis, this is Jim Farrell.
很高兴认识你
It’s a great pleasure to meet you.
我们可以去康诺特酒店的酒吧
We could try the Connaught Hotel bar.
可能橄榄球俱乐部的几个伙计会在那
There may be a few of the fellas from the rugby club there.
好的
Okay.
你们就天天跟橄榄球俱乐部的那帮人待在一起吗
Do you have to be with other fellas from the rugby club all the time?
也不是 只是南希不允许我们跟你讲话
No. But Nancy told us that we wouldn’t be allowed to talk to you.
因为你们之间有太多话要说了
Because you have too much to say to each other.
所以我们只是去找几个伴罢了
So we’re just looking for company.
哦 这样
Oh, well.
你不喜欢橄榄球俱乐部的那帮人吗 艾莉丝
Do you not like the fellas from the rugby club, Eilis?
我不太喜欢他们 乔治
I don’t particularly, George.
我刚到美国的时候
When I first went to America,
恩尼斯科西的任何东西我都很想念 除了他们
I missed everything about Enniscorthy, except one.
我们也不是全都一样的
We are not all the same.
你们看起来都一样 穿着运动夹克 抹着发油
You all look the same. It’s the blazer and the hair-oil.
南希 安妮特怎么没来 还有他怎么来了
Nancy, where is Annette? And why has he come?
他人很好的 别对他太刻薄了
He’s very nice, so don’t be too hard on him.
这是跟凯特琳·卡西迪订婚的那个吉姆·法瑞尔吗
Is this the same Jim Farrell that was engaged to Cathleen Cassidy?
发生了什么
What happened to her?
是他提了分手 吉姆觉得她并不是真正爱他