– David. – What?
– 这盒子里是什么? – 你说什么?
– What’s in the box? – What did you say?
那是雷龙的肋间锁骨
That’s the intercostal clavicle of a brontosaurus.
真的吗?
Really?
只是一根老骨头
It’s just an old bone.
是的 只是一根老骨头
Yes, it’s just an old bone.
轻轻地把它放回去 然后走开
Put it down gently and go away.
好吧 我还能为你做什么吗?
All right. Is there anything else I can do for you?
把我的衣服递给我 好吗?
Hand me my clothes, will you?
它们不在这里 拿去烫了
They aren’t here. They’re being pressed.
– 什么? – 园丁把它们拿到镇上去了
– What? – The gardener’s taken them into town.
为什么? 阻止他 我不能等 我必须立即离开
For what? Stop him. I can’t wait. I must leave immediately.
没有衣服 你不能走
You can’t leave without clothes.
我知道 你去哪儿?
I know that. Where are you going?
我去淋浴
I’m going to take a shower.
苏珊 别这样把我丢在这里
Susan! Don’t leave me here like this!
别不耐烦 戴维
Don’t be impatient, David.
我洗完后咱们再谈 一切都会没事的
We’ll talk it over after I’ve finished. Everything’s going to be all right.
“一切都会没事的”
“Everything’s going to be all right.”
当然 一切都会没事的
Certainly, everything’s going to be all right.
一切都会…. 我要疯了
Everything’s going to be…. I’m losing my mind, that’s all.
不♥穿♥衣服 在康涅狄格州到处闲逛
Roaming around Connecticut without any clothes on.
真不敢相信 这些事情怎么都发生在一个人身上?
I don’t believe it. How can all these things happen to just one person?
苏珊 你在哪儿?
Susan, where are you?
你快出来帮我找些衣服 否则我就进去把你揪出来
Will you come out and help me find some clothes or must I come in and get you?
你不能进来
You wouldn’t.
是的 我能
Yes, I would!
或许我不能
Maybe I wouldn’t.
– 苏珊 园丁的房♥间在哪儿? – 干嘛?
– Susan, where’s the gardener’s room? – Why?
– 因为他一定有衣服 – 什么? 我听不见
– Because he must have some clothes. – What? I can’t hear you.
– 你想听的话 你就能听见 – 你说什么?
– You can hear what you want to hear! – What did you say?
我说…. 算了 我自己找
I just said…. Never mind. I’ll find the place myself.
园丁一定有衣服 衣服就是衣服
The gardener must have clothes. Clothes are clothes.
园丁到镇上去了
The gardener’s in town.
他不能把所有衣服都拿去吧
He couldn’t have taken all his clothes with him!
是的 他拿去了
Yes, he could.
自以为是 被溺爱宠坏的千金大小姐
Of all the conceited, spoiled little scatterbrains.
天呐 那个–
My goodness, the man who gets–
那个娶你的男人 一生都会活在痛苦中
The man who gets you is gonna have a lifetime of misery!
“一切都会没事的”
“Everything’s going to be all right.”
你想干什么?
What do you want?
你是谁?
Who are you?
你又是谁?
Who are you?
– 你到底是谁? – 你想干什么?
– Who are you? – What do you want?
你究竟是谁?
Who are you?
我不知道 我今天总是身不由己
I don’t know. I’m not quite myself today.
你穿这些衣服看起来像白♥痴♥
You look perfectly idiotic in those clothes.
这些不是我的衣服
These aren’t my clothes.
你的衣服呢?
Where are your clothes?
丢了
I’ve lost my clothes.
但你为什么穿这些衣服?
But why are you wearing these clothes?
因为我突然变成了同性恋 失礼了 抱歉
Because I just went gay all of a sudden! Excuse me. I’m sorry.
年轻人 别胡言乱语了 你在干什么?
Now, young man. Stop this nonsense. What are you doing?
我坐在第42大街中间 等公共巴士
I’m sitting in the middle of 42nd Street waiting for a bus.
走开
Go away!
– 这人是谁? – 我不知道
– Who is this man? – I don’t know.
– 别叫 乔治 他在这里干嘛? – 我不知道
– Stop it, George! What’s he doing here? – I don’t know.
苏珊 回来 别叫 乔治
Susan, come back here. Stop it, George!
伊丽莎白姑妈 是你呀 我一生从未这样激动过
Aunt Elizabeth, it’s you! I’ve never been so thrilled in my life.
在这儿见到你真令人惊喜 还有亲爱的乔治
This is amazing to see you here, and George dear.
– 你怎么到这里来了? – 别叫 乔治
– What made you come out here? – Quiet, George!
行了 别套近乎了 告诉我 这人是谁?
Now, stop gushing and tell me, who is this man?
– 你从哪儿弄来他的? – 他是马克的朋友
– Where’d you get him? – He’s a friend of Mark’s.
– 他在这里做什么? – 苏珊带我来的
– What’s he doing here? – Susan brought me.
我怀疑也是 但是为什么?
I don’t doubt it, but why?
我收到马克的信
I got a letter from Mark.
他说戴维是他的老朋友 他在镇上工作很辛苦…
He said David was an old friend of his. He’d been working very hard in town…
就快要精神崩溃了
and was on the point of having a nervous breakdown.
我是巴西来的傻子
I’m a nut from Brazil.
他很容易激动 他想怎么做 我们就让他怎么做
He’s very excitable. We let him do whatever he wants.
– 他的衣服呢? – 苏珊拿走了
– Where are his clothes? – Susan took them.
他干嘛穿这种衣服?
What’s he doing in that thing?
马克说允许他穿女人的衣服
Mark said he should be allowed to wear a negligee.
没说不让他穿会怎么样
No telling what’ll happen if he’s not allowed to.
他想穿那些衣服吗?
Does he want to wear those clothes?
不 我不想穿这些衣服 我只想结婚
No, I don’t want to wear this thing. I just want to get married!
苏珊 我不允许 我绝不赞成 糟糕的主意
Susan, I forbid it! I absolutely put my foot down. The idea!
– 安静 – 请听我说
– Quiet! – Please listen to me!
– 安静 – 说话别这么大声
– Quiet! – Don’t talk so much.
或许你可以帮我
Perhaps you could help me.
或许你能帮我找一些衣服来
Perhaps you could help me find some clothes.
是的
Why, yes.
这里一定有一些马克的衣服
There must be some of Mark’s things around somewhere.
– 不是有一些…. – 有吗?
– Aren’t there some…. – Are there?
呃….
Well….
是的 马克先生的房♥里有一些 先生
Yes. There are some in Mr. Mark’s room, sir.
– 是的 先生 – 马克先生的房♥间在哪儿?
– Yes, sir. – Which is Mr. Mark’s room?
在最尽头 先生
It’s the end, sir. Yes, sir.
谢谢
Thank you.
走开
Go away.
他爱我 他不爱我
He loves me. He loves me not.
戴维 他去哪儿了?
David! Where’d he go?
他去拿一些衣服
He went to get some clothes.
如果他拿了衣服 他会走的 他是我唯一爱过的人
If he gets clothes, he’ll go away. He’s the only man I’ve ever loved.
戴维 没有戴维我该怎么办?
David! What will I do without David?
站住 走开
Stop. Get away from me.
乔治 安静点
George, please be quiet.
– 戴维? – 干嘛?
– David? – What?
– 我能进来吗? – 我才不管你做什么呢
– Can I come in? – I don’t care what you do!
– 谢谢 你在哪儿? – 我在这儿 你想干什么?
– Thanks. Where are you? – Here I am. What do you want?
尽管笑吧
Go on and laugh.
我知道看起来很滑稽 但是我不在乎
I know it looks ridiculous, but I’m past caring.
你要做什么?
What are you going to do?
做我一直想做的事 回纽约去
What I’ve been trying to do, get back to New York!
你不能穿成这样去
You can’t go dressed that way.
我就找到这些 反正也是衣服 我走了
They’re all I could find, and clothes are clothes. I’m going.
我要回纽约去…
I’m going back to New York…
修补自从我认识你之后所造成的伤害
if only to repair the damage that’s been done since I’ve known you.
对斯瓦露小姐 对博物馆 对皮伯蒂先生 和所有人造成的伤害–
The damage to Miss Swallow, the museum, Mr. Peabody and everybody–
皮伯蒂先生? 但是 戴维…
Mr. Peabody? But, David…
接近皮伯蒂先生的唯一办法 就是通过伊丽莎白姑妈
the one way to get to Mr. Peabody is through Aunt Elizabeth.
请听我说 她要他做什么 他就得做什么
Please listen for one second. He’ll do anything she tells him to.
他甚至会喜欢你 他是伊丽莎白姑妈的律师
He’ll even like you. He’s Aunt Elizabeth’s lawyer.
皮伯蒂先生是她的律师
He’s her lawyer. Mr. Peabody.
– 你姑妈叫什么名字? – 伊丽莎白
– What’s your aunt’s name? – Elizabeth.
– 但是她还有其他名字 – 当然
– But she has another name. – Of course.
算了 别告诉我
Never mind. Don’t tell me.
为什么不? 兰德姆 卡莱顿·兰德姆夫人
Why not? It’s Random. Mrs. Carleton Random.
– 是的 我知道 我就知道是这样 – 怎么了?
– Yes, I know. I knew that was coming. – What’s the matter?
在七百万人中 我昨天怎么就恰恰撞见你了呢?
Out of seven million people, why did I have to run into you yesterday?
我做什么了?
What have I done?
苏珊 兰德姆夫人要捐赠一百万美元
Susan, Mrs. Random is going to give away $1 million.
我知道
I know.
我想为博物馆筹得那一百万美元
I wanted it for the museum.
我恐怕伊丽莎白姑妈对你的印象很不好
I’m afraid you’ve made a rather unfavorable impression on Aunt Elizabeth.
我很清楚
I quite realize that.
– 苏珊 听我说 – 什么?
– Susan, listen to me. – What?
之前发生了很多事情 但我们都要忘掉它们 因为这很重要
A lot of things have happened but we’ll forget them because this is serious.
什么 戴维?
What, David?
能注意听我说吗? 这件事情必须做成
Can you concentrate for just a moment? There’s only one thing to be done.
这对我个人和我的工作都很重要