How do I know? Because….
有人在敲门
There’s someone at the door.
你瞧 有些事情很难解释 艾丽丝…
You see, there are some things that are very hard to explain, Alice…
等我….
and as soon as I….
是的 艾丽丝
Yes, Alice.
好了 艾丽丝 在我们今天下午结婚前…
Now, Alice, before we’re married this afternoon…
有件事情 我们必须说清楚
there’s one thing we must have clear.
我不想让任何女人插足我们的感情 这是致命的
I don’t want any woman interfering with my affairs. It’s fatal.
就是这东西 老兄
That’s the stuff, buddy.
– 你想干什么? – 赫胥黎博士?
– What do you want? – Dr. Huxley?
在这里签字
Sign here.
等等 艾丽丝 我得签个字
Just a minute, Alice. I have to sign something.
艾丽丝 到了
Alice, it’s arrived!
肋间锁骨 对 是不是很棒啊?
The intercostal clavicle. Yes, isn’t that wonderful?
难道这不是最好的结婚礼物吗? 谢谢你
Isn’t that a marvelous wedding present? Thank you.
你瞧 我今天下午要结婚了
You see, I’m going to be married this afternoon.
别让它砸到你 老兄
Don’t let it throw you, buddy.
是的 艾丽丝 很好对吗?
Yes, Alice. Yes, isn’t it great?
艾丽丝 我太兴奋了
Alice, I’m so excited.
我告诉你应该做什么 你到博物馆去…
I’ll tell you what you do. You go on down to the museum…
我马上到那里见你 再见
and I’ll meet you there right away. Goodbye.
喂 噢 是你
Hello. Oh, it’s you.
我听不清楚 离电♥话♥近一些
I can’t hear very well. Come closer to the telephone.
我说 “早上好 戴维” 你想要猎豹吗?
I said, “Good morning, David.” Do you want a leopard?
我为什么想要猎豹?
Why should I want a leopard?
正是如此 我为什么想要? 但是我有一只
For that matter, why should I? But I’ve got one.
– 你从哪里弄到一只猎豹? – 我弄不到
– Where would you get a leopard? – I wouldn’t get a leopard.
我哥哥弄的 他在巴西打猎抓到的
My brother Mark got him. He’s hunting in Brazil and he caught him.
当然 它是只喂饱了的猎豹
Of course. It’s a stuffed leopard.
当然了 人们可以在纽约州找到猎豹
Of course. Why should my brother be hunting stuffed leopards in Brazil…
我哥哥为什么要到巴西去 打一只喂饱了的猎豹呢?
when he can find them right here in New York?
戴维 我很幸运在昨天认识你 因为你是我唯一认识的动物学家
David, it’s lucky I met you yesterday, because you’re the only zoologist I know.
我当然知道动物学家是什么
Of course I know what a zoologist is.
出去 不 不是说你 戴维
Get out of here. No, not you, David.
宝贝 回浴室去 你很讨厌耶
Baby, get back into that bathroom. You’re making a nuisance of yourself.
不 不是说你 戴维 不 我要你马上过来
No, not you, David. No, I want you to come right over.
戴维 别觉得跟你无关 关键是 我有一只猎豹
David, don’t be irrelevant. The point is, I have a leopard.
问题是 我该拿它怎么办?
The question is, what am I going to do with it?
苏珊 我很遗憾 但这猎豹是你自找的麻烦
Susan, I regret to say the leopard is your problem.
你是说你拒绝帮助我? 戴维 你不能这样
You mean you refuse to help me? David, you can’t do that.
你不能把我跟猎豹留在一起 我过去找你–
You can’t leave me alone with a leopard. I’ll come and get you in my–
苏珊 出什么事了?
Susan! What happened?
是猎豹吗?
Is it the leopard?
不 我没事 戴维 我只是….
No. Nothing happened to me, David, I just….
我是说 猎豹
I mean, the leopard!
戴维 猎豹
David, the leopard!
你能听见我吗 苏珊?
Can you hear me, Susan?
苏珊 勇敢点 我马上就来
Susan, be brave! I’ll be right there!
在那儿等着 苏珊 苏珊 听见了吗?
Hold on there, Susan! Susan! Can you hear me?
我马上过来 苏珊
I’ll be there, Susan!
– 你没事 – 是的 我没事
– You’re all right. – Yes, I’m all right.
– 你骗我 – 不 只有一点点
– You lied to me! – No. Just a little.
竟然跟我讲一个关于猎豹的荒唐故事
Telling me a ridiculous story about a leopard.
– 我真有一只猎豹 就在那里 – 在哪儿?
– I have a leopard. Right in there. – Where is it?
– 我不相信 – 但是你必须相信我
– I don’t believe you. – But you have to believe me.
我又一次成了你放肆地想象力的受害者
I’ve been the victim of your unbridled imagination once more.
我一路赶来–
Chasing all the way–
这会教你懂得谨言慎行
That’ll teach you to go around saying things about people.
你必须离开这座房♥子
You’ve got to get out of this apartment.
但是我不能 我有租期的
But I can’t. I have a lease.
你得把那东西弄出去
You’ve got to get that thing out of here.
放心 他没事的 你要做什么?
Don’t worry, he’s all right. What are you gonna do?
– 打电♥话♥找动物园 – 你不能
– Call the zoo. – You can’t!
这是我听过最卑鄙的事情 他是个宠物 在动物园会很可怜的
That’s the meanest thing I ever heard. He’s a pet, he’d be miserable in a zoo.
听着 我哥哥马克写来的:
Listen. From my brother Mark:
“亲爱的苏珊 我送给你一个宝贝” 那就是宝贝
“Dear Susan, I’m sending you Baby.” That’s Baby.
“用你的生命守护他
“Guard him with your life.
“他三岁 很温顺 他喜欢狗”
“He’s three years old, gentle, and he likes dogs.”
我不知道这是说他吃狗 还是说他喜欢它们 马克真含糊
I don’t know whether that means he eats dogs or is fond of them. Mark’s so vague.
“他还喜欢那首歌♥ 「除了爱 我什么都不能给你 宝贝」”
“He also likes that song, I Can’t Give You Anything but Love, Baby.”
– 简直荒唐 – 不 是真的 听
– That’s absurd! – No, it isn’t, really. Listen.
这可能是我听过的最愚蠢的事情
This is probably the silliest thing that ever happened to me.
的确很愚蠢 但却是真的 他绝对喜欢这首曲子
It’s silly but true. He absolutely adores the tune.
有什么区别?
What’s the difference?
他喜欢这么老的曲子真傻 我想巴西的那个小镇–
It’s silly that he likes such an old tune. I imagine that down in Brazil–
– 别闹了 苏珊 – 我让你看看他
– Stop this, Susan. – Let me show him to you.
别靠近门 天呐 天呐
Don’t go near the door! Dear, dear.
看 戴维 他径直朝音乐走去
Watch, David. He’ll go right toward the music.
看看 是不是很不平常?
Look at that. Isn’t this remarkable?
它喜欢它 戴维
It loves it, David.
如果我们把留声机放到浴室里 它会回去吗?
If we put the Victrola in the bathroom, will it go back in?
是的 但是音乐在这里听更好 何况它喜欢
Yes, but the music sounds better out here. Besides, he likes it.
它过来了
Here it comes.
走开 请走开
Now go away! Please go away!
我要离开这里
I’m gonna get out of here.
苏珊 我不喜欢猎豹
Susan, I don’t like leopards.
– 那就把它当成是一只猫 – 我也不喜欢猫
– Just think of him as a house cat. – I don’t like cats either.
– 站着别动 别紧张 – 让它站着别动
– Stand still. Don’t be nervous. – Make him stand still!
别傻了 你不能让猎豹站着别动
Don’t be silly. You can’t make a leopard stand still.
做点什么 把留声机关掉
Do something. Turn off that Victrola.
我认为不是音乐 而是你
I don’t think it’s the music. I think it’s you.
我想你找到真正的朋友了 它是不是很可爱 像只小猫咪?
I think you’ve found a real friend. Isn’t it affectionate, like a baby kitten?
我从没看见它这么喜欢过一个人 它会到处跟着你的
I never saw anything take such a liking to anyone. It’d follow you anywhere.
我们带它去康涅狄格州 就没有麻烦
We’ll have no trouble taking it to Connecticut.
我的农场在康涅狄格州西湖边
My farm in Westlake, Connecticut.
我不去康涅狄格州西湖
I’m not going to Westlake, Connecticut.
我再不会卷入任何轻率的计划
I will not be involved in any more harebrained schemes.
如果伊丽莎白姑妈到这里来 看见了一只猎豹
Imagine Aunt Elizabeth coming here and running smack into a leopard.
她不会再给我一百万美元了
That would be an end to my $1 million.
如果你有一位姑妈 本要给你一百万美元…
If you had an aunt who was going to give you $1 million…
可她在你房♥子里发现了一只猎豹
and she found a leopard in your apartment,
– 你会怎么办? – 我不知道
– what would you do? – I don’t know.
你必须帮我
You have to help me.
只有两件事情我必须做 完成我的雷龙 然后结婚
There are only two things I have to do, finish my brontosaurus and get married.
去吧 懦夫
Go on, quitter.
叫我的名字没用 因为我不会再跟你吵架了
It’s no good calling me names, because I won’t argue with you anymore.
我不想跟猎豹有任何关系
I don’t want anything to do with a leopard.
去呀 宝贝 到楼下去
Go on, Baby, down the stairs.
早上好
Good morning.
– 早上好 教授 – 早上好
– Good morning, Professor. – Good morning.
关于去康涅狄格州的事 你最好改变主意
You’d better change your mind about coming to Connecticut.
苏珊 我们已经解决那个问题了
Susan, we settled that question once and for all.
但是我的猎豹怎么办?
But what about my leopard?
那是你的烦恼
That’s your problem.
不全是我的烦恼
It’s not all my problem.
苏珊 请你走开好吗?
Susan, will you please go away?
好吧 既然他那么喜欢你 我已经决定把他送给你了
All right. Since he likes you so much, I’ve decided to give him to you.
我不要
I won’t take him.
他已经跟着你了
You’ve got him.
苏珊 别走 猎豹在我这儿呢
Don’t go away! I’ve got the leopard!
噢 老天呐
Oh, dear, look at that.
不 戴维 我要做的就是一直朝前开
No, David, all I was doing was driving along.
你站在人行道上大喊 看起来真傻
You were standing on the sidewalk yelling, and looking very silly.
你很清楚 是你让我陷入这个圈套的
You know very well you tricked me into this trip.
瞧啊 它在吃你的车子
Look. Eating your car.
小心看路
Look at the road!
我感觉要发生可怕的事情了
I have a feeling something horrible is going to happen.
一切都会没事的
Everything’s going to be all right.
我已经不在乎了
I don’t care anymore.
你好 怎么了 你孤独吗?
Hello. What’s the matter, did you get lonely?
苏珊 如果你知道捷径 请走捷径

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!