Because it was a stupid idea and a ridiculous situation.
你好
Hello.

Hi.
我听说是你驯服了这匹漂亮的小母马
I heard you were the one to break this beautiful filly.
是成为搭档
Well, partnered.
你的意思是 是成为搭档而不是驯服
Oh, you mean, like, partnering instead of breaking.
我喜欢这个说法
I like that.
她在他身边很紧张
She was nervous around him.
对了 我是乔治
I’m George, by the way.

Jo.
我想乔觉得他很帅气
I think Jo thought he was handsome.
-对不起 -为什么
– Sorry. – What for?
-太好了 -那边发生了什么
– Good. – What’s going on over there?
我想我妹刚租了你的马
I think my sister just leased your horse.
什么
What?
你会和其他的马夫住在一起
You’ll bunk with another groom.
他们同意每周付你200的工资
They’ve agreed to pay you a flat weekly rate at 200.
谢谢
Thank you.
等等 他们为什么同意了
But, wait, why did they agree?
我告诉他们这样有益于美人适应新环境
Well, I told them it would be beneficial to Beauty’s transition
并且你在那儿会让那个女孩更安全
and much, much safer for the girl if you were there.
我们弄好了 格林小姐
We’re done, Ms. Green.
好了 几周后见 约翰舅舅
All right. See you in a couple weeks, Uncle John.
在伯特威克 我意识到
At Birtwick, I learned that
是好的人造就美好的地方
it is good people who make good places.
我很庆幸金吉尔也和我们一起来了
I felt lucky Ginger was coming with us too.
我好奇我们的新家会是什么样的
I wondered what our new home would be like.
厄尔希尔庄园
-我可以帮忙如果 -我可以 谢谢
– I can help if – I got it. Thanks.
他们来了
They’re here!
乔治娜 你的马真好看
Oh, Georgina, fine-looking horse you have there.
我为你决定救下这匹马感到骄傲
I’m proud you made the decision to save her.
能帮我拍张照吗
Can you take a photo?
不是那样 照我好看的一边
Not like that. Get my good side.
那个女孩的声音之高
The new girl’s voice was at a pitch
我确定只有马和狗可以听见
I was sure only horses and dogs could hear.
不是我刻薄 只是那声音太可怕了
Not to be mean, but it was a very terrible sound.
你 你就是乔吧
You… you must be Jo?
是的
Yes.
我是约克 我负责你
Mr. York. You’ll report to me.
来吧 我带你看看你的住所
Come on. I’ll show you your summer quarters.
这边走
This way.
乔治
George!
乔治
George!
厄尔希尔和伯特威克有很大的不同
Earlshall couldn’t have been more different to Birtwick.
路上一尘不染
The aisles were spotless.
马匹隐隐闪光
The horses gleamed.
但是除了这些完美的地方
But for all its perfection…
厄尔希尔的一些方面非常冷血
something about Earlshall felt very cold
让我很不舒服
and not nearly as welcoming.
到了
Here we are.
-这里都是马夫的宿舍吗 -是的
– These are the grooms quarters? – Yup.
金吉尔是被买♥♥了
Ginger had been purchased.
我只是被租借了
I was only leased.
显然你是可以试骑然后看你喜不喜欢的
Apparently you can try out a horse to see if you like it.
你不用那么使劲踢她 她会走的
You don’t have to kick her that hard. She will walk.
我们让慢慢来 好吗
Let’s just ease her into it, shall we?
几秒之内 我就知道乔治娜和乔完全不同
It was clear within seconds. Georgina was nothing like Jo.
她拽得很用力 她踢得更用力
Her hands were hard. Her kicks were harder.
她在我背上乱动好像是在发脾气
And she flailed around like she was having a tantrum on my back.
温柔一点
Gently now.
我们想要的是和谐
We want a nice collected frame.
盛装舞步是一种花式骑术
约克 盛装舞步 你得让她抬起头来
York! The dressage, you’re going to have to get her head up!
我已经抬头了 母亲
My head is up, Mother.
不是你 是马 亲爱的
No, the horse, darling.
美人从来没有被拴上过缰绳 夫人
Beauty’s never been on a draw rein, ma’am.
那你就要让她习惯
Well, then you need to get her used to it
因为她现在还不适合亮相
because she’s not fit to be seen.
注意肩膀 乔治娜
Shoulder’s back, Georgina.
她需要看上去更像一匹参加评比的马
She needs to look more like a show horse.
剪掉她的鬃毛和尾巴
Cut her mane and tail.
我试着保持耐心
I tried to stay patient.
我好奇如果把她的头发都剪掉她会怎么样
I wondered how she’d feel if they chopped off all of her hair.
盛装舞步的核心在于培养一匹健康的马
The art of dressage is to create a healthy horse.
我们要给她表达自己的自♥由♥
We want to give her the freedom to express herself.
约克 我今天真的没心情 慢跑 美人
York, I’m really not in the mood today. Canter, Beauty.
约克 你是不是不打算让这匹马抬起头
York, are you never going to get the horses head up?
我可以让它再抬高一点 夫人
I could take it up another degree, ma’am,
但我倾向于不那么做
but I’d prefer not to.
做吧 拜托了
Oh, do it, please.
唯一比乔治娜的脚踢更讨厌的是缰绳
The only thing worse than Georgina’s kicks was the draw rein.
它让我的头被迫弯到胸口前
It forced my head down into my chest
让我不能自然的呼吸
so I couldn’t breathe naturally.
-我试图回想起我的训练 -她在做什么
– I tried to remember my training… – What’s she doing?
但我被对待的方式让我愤怒
…but the way I was treated made me angry.
松松缰绳
Give her a head.
我知道如果我把她摔下去
I knew that if I threw her off,
我和乔都会有麻烦的
Jo and I would both be in trouble,
-所以 我有个更好的主意 -她怎么了
– so I had a better idea. – What’s wrong with her?
乔治娜 你在干什么
Georgina, what are you doing?
不是我 是这匹蠢马
Nothing. It’s the stupid horse!
好了 跳下来
That’s it. Jump out the way.
她在干什么 蠢马
What’s she doing? Stupid horse!
-蠢马 -Geogina 我
– Stupid horse! – Georgina, I’ve got…
哦美人 你是一个捣蛋鬼
Oh, Beauty, you’re a cracker!
你可真是一匹奇妙的马
What a wonderful horse you are!
我妹绝对不是一名女骑手
Well, my sister is definitely not a horse woman.
你希望能照顾她 是吗
You wanna be tending to her, don’t you?
显然在这里我还不够资格照料美人
Grooming Beauty is apparently above my station here.
除此之外 你觉得这里怎么样
How are you finding things otherwise?
挺好的 我基本上是独来独往
Fine. Just trying to keep to myself.
伯特威克是一回事
Birtwick was one thing.
但这里绝不是我的世界
This is definitely not my world.
这里很大 但那不意味着
It’s a big place, but that doesn’t mean
这里的人有什么不同
the people are any different.
至少不是所有人
Not all of us anyway.
我会跟约克说让你照顾美人
I’ll speak to York about you tending to Beauty.
在我看来 她是你的马
She’s your horse, in my opinion.
回头见
I’ll see you around.
我听说我儿子为你说话了
I heard my son put a word in so
让你可以来照看这匹马
that you could spend time with the horse.
是的
Yes, um…
谢谢 我
Thank you. I…
不幸的是这样做并不合适
Unfortunately it’s inappropriate.
而且这会让乔治娜不开心 所以
And it’s upsetting Georgina, so
接下来你需要和它保持距离
you’re going to need to keep your distance.
你不想丢了你在这的工作
You wouldn’t want to compromise your place here,
对吧
would you?
不 不 当然不想
No, no. Of course not.
很好 那我们就达成一致了
Good, then we understand each other.
在和它保持距离这件事上
About appropriate distance.
我以为在那之后乔治娜不会再想骑我了
I didn’t think Georgina would wanna ride me again after that,
但她还是骑了
but she did.
现在你会听话了 对不对
Now you’ll listen, won’t you?
她用马刺戳我
She dug her spurs into me
就仿佛我是石头做的
like I was made of stone.
如果不是为了乔
And if it wasn’t for Jo,
我早就把这个可怖的女孩从背上甩下来了
I would’ve thrown that horrible girl off my back.
嗨 姑娘
Hi, girl.
天呐 美人
Oh, Beauty.
她对你做了什么

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!