We were two beings,
但在那一刻
and yet, for just a moment…
我们合而为一
we were one.
我们一起 找到了属于我们的安宁
We had found our peace… together.
夏天结束了 又有新的马儿来到这里
As the summer ended, there was new life all around.
他们让我想起了我和我的母亲
They reminded me of my mother and I.
那辆黄色的大车又来接乔离开了
When the big yellow trailer came for Jo again…
我从空气中嗅到了变化的气息
I could smell change on the air.
没有了乔 被骑也没那么开心了
Riding wasn’t as much fun without Jo,
但我必须学会适应其他人骑在我的背上
but I had to learn to have others on my back.
我开始喜欢上约翰了 即使他有点重
I started to like John, even though he was kind of heavy.
一名新来的马夫开始负责照料我们
A new groom started taking care of us.
他总是心不在焉
He was always very distracted.
就算天塌下来 我想他都不一定注意得到
If the sky fell down, I wondered if he would even notice.
嘿 再等等 行了
Hey, you can wait. Come on.
要是我们不那样做
Birtwick will be underwater
伯特威克就会垮掉
if we don’t.
我在尽力维持着这个野马项目
I’m trying to keep the mustang program alive
但是最近的生意不太
but business hasn’t been…
我知道 嘿
I understand. Hey.
工作期间别玩手♥机♥
You gotta get your nose out of that phone while you’re working.
对不起 曼利先生
Sorry, Mr. Manly.
对不起 戈登先生
Sorry, Mr. Gordon.
今晚看好那匹小母马 她可能会感冒
Make sure to watch the new filly tonight. She might get chilled.
没问题
Sure thing.
我盯了他们几个小时 以防万一
I watched over them for hours, just in case.
现在你暖和了吧
You’re all warmed up now, aren’t ya?
我很惊讶
I was surprised when the
马夫把一个小箱子在地上放了一会儿
groom put down his little box for a while,
他脸上的寒意就消失不见了
and the frozen look he always had on his face faded away.
那一晚 我做了个噩梦
That night, I had a terrible dream.
一匹马不断地向我求救
A horse was calling to me over and over for help.
我意识到那是金吉尔
I realized it was Ginger.
我们被困住了
We were trapped.
我尽力啼叫示警 但乔住得太远 听不见
I tried to sound a warning, but Jo was too far away to hear me.
美人
Beauty!
我不能抛下同伴
I couldn’t leave the others.
没事的 没事的
It’s okay. It’s okay.
金吉尔和梅里莱格还在里面
Ginger and Merrylegs were still in there.
请相信我
Just trust me. Please.

Jo!
没事的 没事的
It’s okay. It’s okay.
没事的
It’s okay.
-乔 -救救他们
– Jo! – Help them!
你还好吗 乔 美人
Are you all right, Jo? Beauty.
-乔 乔 你得 -把门打开
– Jo. Jo! You gotta – Get that gate open!
-我们得去救他们 -乔
– We have to help them! – Jo!
乔 别过去
Jo! Don’t!
她出来了
She’s coming.
乔在哪里
Where’s Jo?
乔还没出来
Jo wasn’t coming out.
-她去哪儿了 -乔
– Where was she? – Jo!

Jo!
谢天谢地
Oh, good God.
随着马厩消失在火焰里
As the stable went up in flames…
和乔一起生活的希望也随之破灭
so did my newfound hope of a life with Jo.
因为乔的勇气 所有的马匹都幸免遇难
It was because of Jo’s courage that the horses were all saved.
她冷静沉着的声音消除了我的恐惧
Her calm, steady voice broke through my fear,
这是我还能追随她的唯一原因
which was the only reason I could even follow her.
年轻的马夫不是有意要伤害别人
The young groom didn’t mean to hurt anyone,
但是他的粗心置我们于险境
but his carelessness put our lives in danger…
也毁掉了我们漂亮的家
and had destroyed our beautiful home.
这是在伯特威克结束的开始
It was the beginning of the end at Birtwick.
-戈登先生 -乔 什么事
– Mr. Gordon. – Jo, what can I do for you?
请不要卖♥♥掉美人
Please, you can’t sell Beauty.
对不起 所有训练过的马都要被卖♥♥掉
I’m sorry, Jo. All the trained horses have to be sold.
在那样的损毁后我们没有足够的地方了
We just don’t have the space with all that damage.
-但 -你救了她 乔
– But – You saved her life, Jo,
不止一次
in more ways than one.
你不想帮助更多的马吗
Don’t you want to do that for more horses?
戈登先生 如果我能买♥♥下她呢
Mr. Gordon, what if I could buy her?
什么意思
Sorry?
我可以给你打工 帮助训练其他马
I could work for you. Help train the others,
重建马棚 任何你需要的都可以
rebuild the barn, anything you need.
每天早晨 每天放学后
Every morning, every day after school.
我不确定那样做好不好
Look, I just don’t know if that’s the right thing to do.
约翰舅舅 帮帮我
Uncle John, please.
不能让他把美人带走
He can’t take Beauty away.
在你和美人相处之后
Well, it is only after working with Beauty
你的成绩确实提升了
that your grades have improved.
也没再在学校打架
You haven’t gotten into another fight at school.
正是
Exactly.
那个爱惹麻烦的乔
The trouble, Jo,
愿意耐心喂养美人是非常难得的
is boarding Beauty is very expensive.
好吧
All right.
这样吧
I tell you what.
如果在这个夏天结束前
If you can pay for her food and what she’s cost us so far
你能支付她的饭食等费用 她就是你的了
by the end of summer, she’s yours.
并且你可以免费把她留在这里
And you can board her here for free
交换条件是她做伯特威克的吉祥物
in exchange for being Birtwick’s mascot.
你说的是真的
Are you serious?
不要让我再考虑了
Look, don’t make me overthink this.
那就这样了
All right.
谢谢你 戈登先生
Thank you, Mr. Gordon.
谢谢你 约翰舅舅
Thank you, Uncle John.
但有一件事你需要知道
But there’s one thing you need to understand.
这个夏天我有可能会把美人租出去
There’s a chance I might lease Beauty out for the summer,
给重修马厩腾出空间
just to free up space while we build the new stable,
如果有人想要她的话
if anybody wants her.
-成交吗 -成交
– Deal? – Deal.
-马厩的事我很遗憾 曼利先生 -谢谢
– I’m so sorry about the stable, Mr. Manly. – Thank you.
-这里太恶心了 妈妈 -亲爱的 安静
– It’s absolutely disgusting here, Mother. – Darling, quiet.
乔治・温索普
George Winthorp.
真的是他吗
I mean, seriously.
这匹小母马很活泼
This filly is spirited
但弹跳力很好落地也轻柔
but a fine jumper with a right gentle touch.
他就像是完美的
He’s just, like, totally ideal.
你觉得他认得我们吗
Do you think he knows who we are?
认得吧 我感觉他之前看过我
I mean, yeah. I feel like he’s looked at me before.
我的天啊 妈 你看那匹马
Oh, my gosh. Mum, look at that horse.
-那是一匹野马吧 -所以呢
– Well, isn’t that a mustang? – So?
亲爱的 你想要一匹纯血马
Darling, you want a thoroughbred.
每个人都有一匹纯血马
Everyone has a thoroughbred.
她是不是一匹普莱尔野马
She’s a Pryor mustang, isn’t she?
你很了解马
You know your horses.
她好美啊
She’s so beautiful.
有趣的是 她的名字就是美人
And that’s the funny thing, but that’s her name. Beauty.
-但像你母亲说的 你可能 -她卖♥♥吗
– But like your mother said, you probably – Is she for sale?
不 她不卖♥♥
Uh, no. She’s not for sale.
她 她可以租
She’s, uh… She’s for lease.
它能被骑吗
Is it even rideable?
可以 是我外甥女在照料她
She is. My niece was the one to gentle her.
但我们 我们还有很多马供挑选
But look, we… we’ve got plenty of horses.
-很好 -过去跟他说话
– Oh, good. – Go and speak to him.
为了我们两个 别搞砸了 去吧
Do it for both of us. Don’t mess it up. Okay, go.
我们这有各种的马 所以
But… we got all sorts of horses, so…
是啊 有各种的 亲爱的
Yes, all sorts, darling.
不 妈咪 我就要那一匹
No, Mummy. I want that one.
-我们走 -怎么了
– Let’s go. – What happened?
-我说我们走 -你怎么不跟他说话
– I said let’s go. – Why didn’t you just talk to him?
因为这是一个荒唐情形下的愚蠢主意

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!