But he had underestimated me.
好吧
Okay.
有一天我有了一个邻居
One day I got a neighbor.
我立马就喜欢上了她的元气
I liked the fire in her immediately.
在她之后又来了一匹我见过的最有趣的马
She was followed by the funniest little horse I had ever seen.
他看起来总是像在跳舞
It looked like he couldn’t stop dancing.
我了解到他们叫做金吉尔和梅里莱格
I learned that they were called Ginger and Merrylegs.
我们成为了朋友
We eventually became friends
他们每次都把我们一起放出去
and they turned us out together.
我好高兴再次有了一个家
I was so happy to have a family again.
带我来的男人住在了我的围场旁
The man who brought me there made his home near my paddock.
你好 我是约翰·曼利
Hello. John Manly.
我注意到他总是一个人
I noticed he was always alone.
什么
What?

Jo.
我很
I’m so very
请节哀
I’m so sorry for your loss.
如果你需要什么就打电♥话♥给我
Call if you need anything.
我终于在伯特威克听说到了其他人
I would eventually hear from different people at Birtwick…
那个女孩的父母在一场车祸中不幸罹难
the girl’s parents had died in a car accident.
约翰是她的舅舅
John was her uncle.
这个女孩和其他人不太一样
There was something different about the girl.
有我熟悉的感觉
Something I recognized.
她的意志似乎破碎了
Her spirit seemed broken.

Jo.
对不起
I’m sorry.
晚饭已经在桌上了
I have dinner on the table.
我不饿
I’m not hungry.
你需要吃点东西
You have to eat something.
我不用
I don’t.

Just…
请让我一个人待着
please leave me alone.
我再次见到她是几天之后了
It was a few days before I saw her again.
所以 我继续和男孩玩着那个游戏
So, I continued my game with the boy.
约翰也决定参与进来
John decided to play too.
但就算有一匹马帮他
But even with a horse to help him…
他还是追不上我
he couldn’t keep up with me.
她很漂亮 是不是
Pretty, isn’t she?
我没有想吓到你
I didn’t mean to scare you.
她叫什么
What’s her name?
我还没给她取名
I haven’t given her a name yet.
如果你想的话
You know, if you like…
那边那匹马 她是在西部被圈住的
You know, that horse out there, she was rounded up out west.
被带离她的族群 她的家人
Taken away from her herd, her family
她所熟悉的一切
all she’d ever known.
她的世界天翻地覆
Her whole world’s been turned upside down.
别说了
Please stop.
别说什么
Stop what?
我不需要你的同情
I don’t need your sympathy.
我不想和你的世界有任何关系
I don’t want any part of your world.
我在这里只是因为政♥府♥说
I’m here because the state says that
我必须来这里 而不是自己家
I have to be, instead of in my own home.
乔 你没有其他地方可去了
Jo. You don’t have anywhere else.
你觉得我不知道吗
You think I don’t know that?
你现在真的要和我说这些吗
Are you seriously saying that to me right now?
听着 我不了解你
Look. I don’t know you.
你也不了解我
You don’t know me.
但我们总会习惯对方的
We’ll get used to each other in time.
你不是我的家人
You’re not my family.
离我远点
Just stay away from me.
好吧
Well, good.
现在我有两个不想和我扯上关系的女孩了
Now I have two girls who want nothing to do with me.
你们看见他是如何扭头而去的了吗
You see how his head is turned away from me?
他不想看我
He doesn’t want to look at me.
不想和我扯上关系
Wants nothing to do with me.
那就是我想要改变的
That’s what I wanna change.
开始获取他的信任
Start gaining his trust.
施加一些压力
Apply a little pressure.
然后我给他足够的空间
Then I give him his space.
我试着和他交流 学习他的语言
I’m trying to talk to him, to learn his language.
我不是想要控制他或者强迫他
It isn’t about controlling him or forcing him
或者让他做不想做的事
or making him do something he doesn’t wanna do.
我们需要在彼此之间寻找平衡 互相迁就
We have to find a balance together, a give and take.
他可能不会说话
Now, he might not be able to talk,
但是他现在对我表达了很多东西
but he’s saying a whole lot to me right now.
最大的原则是 我不能对他生气或者沮丧
The biggest rule is, I can’t get angry or frustrated at him.
如果我生气了 他会感受到
If I get angry, he’ll feel it.
他也会生气
He’ll get angry too.
马儿就像是你灵魂的窗户
Horses are a window to your soul.
他们能读懂你的表情 你的情绪
They can read your facial expressions, your emotions.
他们能感受到你的一切
They’ll feel everything you do.
我的目标就是帮助每匹马找到他的平静
My goal through this work is to help each horse find his peace.
有没有哪匹马是他没能驯服的
Is there a horse he hasn’t been able to break?
没有
Nope.
反正目前还没有
Not yet, anyway.
她会适应的
She’ll come around.
是啊
Yeah.
那个女孩怎么样了
How’s she doin’?
除了上学 她一直把自己锁在房♥间里
Stays locked in her room unless she’s at school.
-嗨 乔 -几乎不和我说话
– Hey, Jo. – Barely speaks to me.
好吧 不管喜不喜欢
Well, like it or not,
比起人我更擅长和马打交道
I’m better with horses than I am with people.
她会想通的
She’ll come around.
所以你知道自己很美
So you know you’re beautiful.
不过我知道你是
I know you are though.
是啊 菲茨帕特里克做得很棒 所以
Yeah, Fitzpatrick’s been doing really wonderfully, so…
很好
That’s good.
那个新来的女孩
That new girl?
你知道她其实住在这吗
You know she actually lives here?
太怪异了
That’s weird.
难怪她身上有股味道
No wonder she smells.
她还听得见呢
She can still hear us.
我听说你也失去了家人
I heard you lost your family too.
我很遗憾
I’m sorry.
我不知道为什么会有人想驯服你
I don’t know why anyone would try to tame you.
你不属于这里
You don’t belong here.
我也不属于
And neither do I.
得让他们放松下来 让他们适应这个重量
Gotta ease ’em into it. Get ’em used to the weight.
让他们知道这不会伤到他们
Make ’em realize it’s not gonna hurt.
你每次都要说”谢谢”
You gotta always say, “Thank you.”
如果他已经信任你了 为你做了好事
You show him respect when he’s trusted you,
那么你也要尊重他
done a good thing for you.
好样的
Attaboy.
谢谢
Thank you.
星期日就得吃炒鸡蛋
Sunday means scrambled eggs.
是新做法 里面加了粗玉米粉
Got a new recipe here with grits.
不用了 谢谢
No thanks.
我看见你昨天听了我的课
I saw you listening to my lesson yesterday.
我想你可能会喜欢这个
I… I thought you might like this.
这是我的导师给我的
My mentor gave it to me.
《两个灵魂的交汇·马的艺术》
是讲什么的
What’s it about?
怎么和马交流
How to talk to horses.
“没有什么比骑手与他的马
“There is no secret so close as that
更亲密的了”
between a rider and his horse.”
罗伯特·史密斯·瑟蒂斯
R. S. Surtees.
-你还读诗吗 -是的
– You read poetry? – I do.
谢默斯·希尼 爱德华·厄斯特林·卡明斯
Seamus Heaney, E. E. Cummings,
里面的书架上都有
they’re all in the shelf in there.
你随时可以拿去看
Welcome to take a book whenever you like.
谢谢
Thank you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!