现在马上下来
Okay.
知道了
Thank you.
谢谢你
“Well, I think it’s gonna be sunny tonight.”
我认为今天晚上 一定会出大太阳
“Me too.”
我也这么觉得
“So do I.”
我也是
He’s my favorite.
这是我最喜欢的
Pretty.
好漂亮
Would you like to hold him?
你想不想拿着
That was my favorite.
那是我最喜欢的
They don’t even make him anymore.
现在已经不出产了
Can it be repaired, Little Miss? No, it can’t!
二小姐 能不能修好呢 不能
You’re screwed. I hate you!
你搞砸了 我恨你
Get away from me.
走开
Can we fix him?
能不能修好
No. Look at him he’s in a million pieces!
摔得粉碎 哪有可能修好
I’m sorry.
我也很难过
There’s nothing you can do.
没办法了
Put the rest of them away.
把其它的收起来吧
木工
Andrew!
安德鲁
Yes, Little Miss?
二小姐 什么事
This is the best present I ever got.
这是我收过最好的礼物
One is glad to be of service.
很高兴能为小姐服务
Would you please come with me?
麻烦你 跟我来一下
Does this involve a window?
这件事跟窗户有关吗
No.
没有
You can sit here.
你可以坐在这里
His name is Woof,
它叫做汪汪
and from now on…
从现在开始…
he’s yours.
它就是你的了
Woof.
汪汪
Because sometimes he barks,
因为它有时候会叫
once he gets to know you.
它跟你熟了就会叫
Thank you very much.
非常感谢你
You’re welcome.
别客气
I have to go to sleep now, Andrew.
安德鲁 我得睡觉了
Yes.
是的
Yeah. Can you, kinda…
那你能不能…
Of course.
当然
Good night, sweetheart.
晚安 亲爱的
Good night, Andrew.
晚安 安德鲁
Little Miss? Sure. Thanks.
二小姐 谢谢
Miss?
小姐
After you. Well, thank you.
你先请 谢谢
You’re welcome.
别客气
Andrew, did you really make this?
安德鲁 这真的是你做的吗
Yes, sir.
是的 主人
A robot cannot tell a lie, Andrew.
机器人不可以说谎
That is not entirely correct, sir.
那倒也不尽然
One could lie, if one were ordered to lie,
如果被命令说谎
or if it were necessary to tell some untruth in order to keep a human being from harm,
或是为了避免某人受到伤害 而不得不说谎
or if one’s own safety were in jeopardy… Sir? Andrew.
又或者在下自己身处险境… 安德鲁
One did indeed carve that for Little Miss.
这真的是在下帮二小姐做的
And the design… you’re responsible for that? Yes, sir.
是你自己设计的 是的
What did you copy it from?
你从哪儿抄来的
Copy it, ma’am?
抄来的? 夫人
Well, I mean, you didn’t just get it out of thin air.
你不会是凭空想像出来的吧
You got it out of some book, right, or used the computer to plot it out?
你一定是查书或是查电脑的
One did nothing more than study the raw material for a time…
在下只不过是研究了 未加工的材料…
until one came to understand how best to carve it into a shape…
直到在下了解如何把木头…
that would appeal to Little Miss’s love of tiny mammals.
雕成二小姐最喜欢的 哺乳动物模样为止
北安机器人
Yes, yes. Please come in.
请进
I am so glad you called. Mansky, Dennis Mansky.
很高兴你打电话来 我叫丹尼斯·曼斯基
Richard Mark.
我是理查德·马汀
And an NDR 114.
而这是NDR 114
Now, I got your message,
我收到你的留言了…
but what exactly is it doing?
但它到底做了些什么
Well, what interests me is he shows a number of characteristics…
最令我感兴趣的是 它的一些个性…
like creativity, curiosity, friendship.
比如创造力 好奇心跟友谊
That, frankly,
老实说 那些…
have taken us by surprise.
都让我们感到非常意外
Andrew. Yes, Dennis?
安德鲁 什么事 丹尼斯
Social as well.
他也喜欢交谊
Now I’d like to show you something if I may.
我能给你看样东西吗
Now, Andrew carved these.
这些都是安德鲁刻的
These are original works of art,
这些都是原创性十足的艺术品
and last night Andrew said,
昨晚 安德鲁甚至说
“I enjoy making them.” Enjoy.
我喜欢创作 喜欢
Yes. Should one not use that word?
是的 是不是在下不该这么说
No, no. It’s fine, Andrew. See what I mean?
不 不要紧的 你明白我的意思了?
It’s unusual, surely, to hear a robot talk about enjoying something.
你不觉得听机器人 说喜欢某事很不寻常吗
What I want to know is,
我想知道的是…
do many of your other robots have… have feelings like this?
贵公司其它机器人 是否也有这样的情绪
Must be…
一定是…
something in the pathways.
回路出了问题
So, then, will you be wanting a refund or a replacement?
你是要退钱还是要换新的
No, neither. I just wanted to get your reaction to Andrew.
都不要 我想看看你对安德鲁这种表现的反应
I wanted to know what you think.
并且想知道你的想法
He’s unique, wouldn’t you say?
它很特别 对吧
It is an anomaly.
的确太不寻常了
No refund, no replacement.
不要退费 也不要换新的
How much do you want?
你要多少钱
I don’t think I understand.
我不明白你的意思
Clearly you realize if word of this gets out,
很明显你知道这件事一旦传出去…
we’ll have to recall our entire line.
我们得把全系列产品收回
We’re in people’s homes, sir, with their children.
我们深入人们的家庭 许多家庭都有小孩
If it is doing what you say, it can also run amok.
如果它真的像你所说的那样 说不定也会变的善恶不分
One is not qualified to run “mucks.”
在下不能处理秽物
All right, sir. If I let you have Andrew,
好吧 如果我把安德鲁交给你
you’ll what? You’ll disassemble him, will you?
你会怎么做? 把它解体
Carefully, yes.
是 会很小心的
We would need to trace the actual course of Andrew’s neural pathways,
我们要检查安德鲁的神经回路
replace the positronic brain, then put it…
更换它的脑部结构… 然后把它…
him back together and return him to you, good as new.
把他重新组合后 再还给你们 保证跟新的一样
Now, these neural pathways are presumably fragile.
这些神经回路十分脆弱
Isn’t it possible, in the course of these procedures,
有没有可能 你们在处理的过程中…
that something might go wrong?
有些地方出问题了
We would make every conceivable effort.
我们会尽全力防止的
And, in the unlikely event that something did go wrong,
如果万一真的发生差错…
you’d, of course, replace Andrew.
你们当然会换个新的给我
Of course.
当然
Even though he’s unique and irreplaceable.
尽管他很独特 而且无法替代
He His You s…
他 他的…
Well, it’s a natural error it has human form,
你… 这是很自然的疏失
therefore you read mechanical failure as eccentricity…
它外型像人 所以你…
and anthropomorphize it.
才会把它机械上的故障拟人化
It is a household appliance,
它不过是项家电用品
and yet you act like it is a man.
而你却把它当成人
We’re leaving. Come on, Andrew.
我们要走了 来吧
Please, I beg you to reconsider, Mr. Martin.
拜托你重新考虑 马汀先生
Let us examine Andrew, talk to your wife. Name your price!
让我们检查安德鲁 跟你太太谈谈 开个价吧
Now, listen to me. There is no price for individuality.
你给我听清楚 个性是无价的
He is, for better or for worse, my robot,
无论如何 他是我的机器人
and you will never lay your hands on him, do you understand?
你休想染指他 懂吗
All in good time. You see, sooner or later you’ll have to bring it in for repairs.
咱们走着瞧吧 你迟早要带它来进行维修
Andrew, I’ve made a decision. Yes, sir?
我做了一个决定 是什么 主人
You will cut back on your workload. You can no longer…
我要减少你的工作量 以后你不能
devote yourself entirely to children and housework.
全心全意照顾孩子们和做家事了
But one likes the children, sir, specifically the smaller one, Little Miss.
但在下爱孩子 尤其是二小姐
That is a contradiction, Andrew, and that is exactly the sort of thing you need to learn about.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!