And taste? Taste too.
味觉呢 也可以有味觉
And also,
而且…
if my schematics are correct,
若我的设计图没错的话
I think I’ve come up with a method…
我想我可以把你
to make you…
改造成…
a complete man.
百分之百的人类
Complete?
百分之百
Complete.
完完全全
Complete?
完完全全
Not in a reproductive sense, of course,
当然你无法传宗接代啦
but in terms of approximating…
不过我可以让你拥有…
the physical sensation,
人类全然的肉体感官
you know, that occurs
也就是…
friction…
磨擦的时候
Sexual relations. Yeah.
性关系 对
Oh, I’ve always been fascinated by that.
我一直为此深深着迷
Well, I mean, curious…
我是说 好奇
because
因为…
Well, because of what they say.
因为他们都是这么说的
What do they say?
他们是怎么说的
That you can lose yourself…
说你会迷失自己
everything, all boundaries, all time…
不再有束缚 不再有时间感
the two bodies can become so mixed up…
两人身体紧紧交缠
that you don’t know who’s who or what’s what.
分不清谁是谁
And just when the sweet confusion is so intense you think you’re gonna die,
就在你觉得 会因狂喜而死的时候…
you kind of do,
你真的会死
leaving you alone in your separate body.
只留下你的身体
But the one you love is still there.
但你爱的人却仍在身旁
That’s a miracle.
这就是奇迹
You can go to heaven and come back alive.
你上了天堂 但事后又能活转过来
You can go back anytime you want…
而且随都能再去
with the one you love.
和你心爱的人同赴天堂
And you want to experience that? Oh, yes, please.
你想感受看看吗 想
So do I.
我也是
We’ll have to hire more people. Maybe two more weeks.
也许2个星期后 我们将不得不雇用更多的人手
Andrew.
安德鲁
Excuse me. I’ll be right back. Sure.
我离开一下 马上回来 没问题
I didn’t expect to see you.
我没想到能见着你
I remember this place very well.
这里我记得一清二楚
This is where your grandmother was married.
你外婆就是在这里结婚的
Yeah, I wanted it ready for my own wedding.
对 我要在我婚前 完成这里的工程
So, you’re not married yet?
你还没结婚
No, two weeks from Saturday.
还没 婚礼在两星期后
I’m not too late.
我还来得及
Are you absolutely positive you’re doing the right thing?
你确定你的决定是正确的
Positive. About getting married?
当然 我是说你的婚事
I’m never absolutely positive about anything.
我从没百分之百确定过任何事
No, I’m pretty sure I’m doing the right thing. Great.
我想不会吧 好极了
Why is that great?
为什么好极了
In your apartment, you told me to do the wrong thing.
你曾经叫我去犯错
Now, you are not doing the wrong thing. You’re doing the right thing.
你做的事是对的而不是错的
It’s safe to say you’re not following your own advice, ’cause if you were,
你违反了自己的忠告 否则…
you would definitely not be marrying this man, Charles.
你就不会嫁给查尔斯了
Because I would be doing the right thing. Precisely.
因为我这么做是对的 正确
In some strange way, you’re starting to make sense.
听来奇怪 不过你说的好像有点道理
Good. Do you have any idea what it’s like to be in love with someone…
很好 你知道爱上一个
who’s about to marry someone else?
即将嫁做人妇的人是什么滋味
Someone totally magnificent, someone who walks into a room and lights it up like the sun?
爱上一个十全十美 一个会令满室生辉的人
Someone who you know is lying to herself?
一个自欺欺人的人
Lying? Convincingly, yeah. Very, very much so.
自欺欺人 不过很具信服力
About what? That you don’t love me,
有什么好骗的 说你并不爱我
when I know at least in some way you do.
我明知你是爱我的
And how do you know that?
你怎么知道
Portia, I have done everything inside and out.
波夏 我从内到外都改变了
But that stuff doesn’t matter to me.
我不在意那些
Well, something matters,
总有些在意的
’cause I’d have to believe if nothing mattered, you’d love me…
如果不在意的话 我相信你会爱我
and not some man whose chin could sink the Titanic.
而不会爱上一个下巴 可以凿沉铁达尼号的人
What? See? It’s true, isn’t it?
看吧 我说的没错吧
I’m sorry.
对不起
Does he light you up like this? Does he make you laugh?
他能像我这般逗你笑吗
Nobody makes me laugh like this.
没人能这样逗我笑
Good. Then admit it. Admit that you love me.
承认吧 你是爱我的
Give me one kiss. Oh, God.
吻我一下 上帝啊
That’s all. One quick kiss. Just one kiss…
只要一个吻 一个吻
could not jeopardize a glorious marriage.
不会威胁到你美满的婚姻
Besides, it would also explain to me why your pulse jumped from 66 to 102 beats per minute.
这也能解释你的心跳 为什么一分钟高达102下
Your respiration rate has doubled. You’re putting out clouds of pheromones.
为什么呼吸速率加倍 你散发出一股女性魅力
It’s not fair to read me like that. I know. Love isn’t fair.
不公平 你可以看透我 我知道 爱情本来就不公平
I’m reading your heart. I’m asking you to follow it begging you.
我在透视你的心 我要你倾听自己的心声 求你
Begging is supposed to be humiliating. I don’t care.
求人是很丢脸的 我不在乎
I love you, Portia.
我爱你 波夏
I loved you the very first moment I saw you.
我第一眼看到你 就爱上你了
I thought you said a quick kiss. I lied.
你说只是一个吻 我骗你的
How do you feel?
你觉得如何
Wonderful.
美妙极了
So do I.
我也是
I guess that’s the point.
我想那就是这一切的目的了
What was that?
什么声音
That’s your stomach growling. You’re hungry.
是你的肚子在叫 你饿了
Was that me? Yes.
是我吗 对
I thought it was you. No, it wasn’t me.
我以为是你 不是我
Really? Ooh.
真的吗?
Do you do that?
你也会这样吗
Sometimes. Quieter than that.
有时候 没那么大声
I’ll have to have Rupert make me a muffler.
我要鲁伯帮我装消音器
It’s wonderful. It’s wonderful the taste and the texture both.
太棒了 口感 味道一流
You know, it’s marvelous.
真的太棒了
I know this will be my fourth helping, but may I please have some more?
我知道已经吃了四盘 但我可以再来一点吗
Pig very smart animal.
猪 聪明的动物
Obviously not that smart if it ends up as bacon.
但显然不够聪明 不然就不会变成煎肉
I feel like I’m eating my way through the entire food chain.
我好像把整个 食物链的动物都吃光了
Thank you.
谢谢
What?
怎么了
What’s wrong?
有什么不对吗
If we’re together…
如果在一起的话…
you and me…
你和我
we’ll never be accepted.
世人不会接受我们的
Because I’m not human.
因为我不是人类
That will not do.
我不会妥协的
I will have to get started.
我必须要开始了
Started with what?
开始做什么
The next step.
下一阶段的工作
I love you.
我爱你
Wish me luck.
祝我好运
Andrew Martin, step forward, please.
安德鲁·马汀 请上前来
So, Mr. Martin, you would like us to pass a bill…
马汀先生 你希望我们通过一条法案
declaring you a human being.
藉以承认你是人类
Yes, specifically the ability to marry…
是的 特别是和人类
a fellow human being. I see.
结婚的权力 我明白了
We have to face the undeniable fact…
但我们得面对 一个无可否认的事实
that no matter how much you may be like a human being,
不管你外表看来和人类多么相似
you are not part of the human gene pool.
从基因上来说 你不属于人类这个族群
You are outside of it entirely. You are something else,
你是个局外人 不是人类
something artificial.
算是人工生命
Sir, what about all the real people wading in the gene pool…
那些所谓真的人类 又怎么说…
who have bodies full of prosthetic devices, many of which I have invented.
许多人体内充满了人造的装置 有很多器官还是我发明的
You yourself, sir, have one of my kidneys, do you not?
连你体内都有我发明的肾脏 不是吗
Are you not in some way artificial, at least in part?
从某种意义上来说你不也是人工生命吗 至少部份器官是
In part, yes.
从部分器官来说 是