No.
老人死了 璐易丝也离开了
The old man died and Louise left.
我很难过
I’m very sorry.
我希望你的伤不会对你日后的工作带来妨碍
I do hope your injury won’t prevent you from attending to business.
你需要个秘书吗
Do you need a secretary?
不 谢谢
No, thank you.
我的房♥子被封了
My house was shut down.
你的意思是你的公♥司♥倒闭了
You mean your business was shut down?
是的
Yes.
被律师查封关闭了
Shut down and closed by the attorneys.
我告诉过你什么 那就是我想要表达的了
What did I tell you? That’s exactly what I mean.
商人们被那些愚蠢的律师所制约
The businessman today is at the mercy of kid-lawyers from the SEZ.
恐怕所有人都将被牵连进来
It’s happening to everyone, I’m afraid.
现在的情形是 这些家伙将要制定一部医药方面的法律
The way things are going, they’ll probably legislate the medical profession…
真是脱离实际
…right out of existence.
没错 他们完全脱离实际了
Yes. Right out of existence.
对 真是应该受到谴责
Yeah, it’s a damn shame.
你现在有什么计划吗 格达那先生
What are your plans now, Mr. Gardiner?
或者我应该叫你昌西
Or may I call you Chauncey?
昌西比较好
Chauncey’s fine.
那么 你有什么计划吗 昌西
So then, what are your plans, Chauncey?
我想在你的花♥园♥里工作
I would like to work in your garden.
我想我明白他想说什么 那样难道不好吗
I know exactly what he means. Isn’t it wonderful…
像那样和树木花草在一起
…to be with the trees and the flowers like that?
我对那些从来没什么感觉
I never had much feel for it, myself.
我是个很好的园丁
I’m a very good gardener.
那是个很好的方法 让人忘记自己的烦恼
It’s such a pleasant way to forget one’s troubles.
那不正是每个商人都在做的事情吗 一个园丁
Isn’t that what any businessman is? A gardener.
他…
He…
工作在…
…works on…
坚硬的土壤上…
…flinty soil…
让它能够生产
…to make it productive…
通过他自己勤劳的双手的努力
…with the labor of his own hands.
他用自己脸上淌下的汗水
He waters it…
灌溉着
…with the sweat of his own brow.
他为自己的家庭
He makes a thing of value for his family…
同时也为社会做着贡献
…and for the community.
是的 就是这样的 昌西 一个商人的工作
Yes, indeed, Chauncey, a productive businessman…
就好像是葡萄园中的劳工
…is a laborer in the vineyards.
我十分明白你的意思
I know exactly what you mean.
我离开的那个花♥园♥就是这样的地方
The garden that I left was such a place.
我不再拥有它了 我所剩下的
I don’t have that anymore. All I have left…
只有楼上的那个房♥间
…is the room upstairs.
哦 等等啊 昌西
Come on, now, wait a minute, Chauncey.
你还有健康的身体
You’ve got your health.
看在上帝的份上 老弟 你不能让那些混♥蛋♥把你打倒
For God’s sake, man, you can’t let those bastards get you down.
你要战斗
You got to fight.
我不想再听到你谈起关于那个”上面的”房♥间的事了
I don’t want to hear anymore from you about that room upstairs.
那是我马上该去的地方
That’s where I’m going, too damn soon.
那是个很舒适的房♥间 本
It’s a very pleasant room, Ben.
就好像他们说的那样
I’m sure it is. That’s what they say, anyway.
你知道
You know…
有成千上万的商人 大的小的
…there are thousands of businessmen, large and small…
处在你这种境况中
…in your situation.
我已经
I’ve…
花了很多时间来考虑这个问题
…given the matter a good deal of consideration for some time.
他们已经厌倦了通货膨胀
They’ve been harassed long enough by…
增加的赋税
…inflation, increased taxation…
和各种各样的不正当行为
…all sorts of indecencies.
但毕竟这些商人的纳税是我们
After all, they’re our strongest defense against the pollutants…
抵御污染 保障自主♥权♥利
…of our basic freedoms…
保障中产阶级的福利制度的根基
…as well as the well-being of our middle class.
我在考虑启动一项政♥府♥的财政补助基金
I’ve been thinking about starting a financial assistance fund.
告诉我你对这项计划有什么想法吗
Tell me, would you have any ideas on that subject?

No.
只是随便说说
Reluctant to speak.
我理解的
I can understand that.
在一个人失去了一切之后
After a man’s lost everything…
怒火会在一定时间里封锁他的理性思考
…anger tends to block out rationality, for a while.
但是 你坚持做这项工作
But, you work on the idea.
浇灌它
Water it.
施肥
Fertilize it.
是的 我会的
I will. Yes.
我肯定 几天内你就会萌发出一些想法的
I’m sure you’ll sprout some thoughts in a few days.
是的 我会的
I will. Yes.
对不起 先生
Sorry, sir.
我以为你又要讲一个关于电梯的笑话了
I thought you were going to come out with another jest about the elevator.
请原谅
Excuse me.
电梯
Elevator.
是的
Yes.
昌西 我想让你知道我是多么高兴
I just wanted you to know how delighted I am…
你和我们呆在一起时 我为你的腿感到担心
…that you’re staying with us and how dreadful I feel about your leg.
谢谢你 伊芙
Thank you, Eve.
你知道吗 今天晚上你令本的精神如此振奋
You lifted Ben’s spirits tonight to such an extent, do you know that?
他实在是非常的喜欢你
He liked you so much. He really did.
本病的很严重 伊芙 之前我已经知道了
Ben is very ill, Eve. I’ve seen that before.
是的
I know.
他使我想到了那个老人
He reminds me of the old man.
是吗
Does he?
你会在本死了之后离开并关闭这栋房♥子吗
Are you going to leave and close this house when Ben dies?
为什么 我想我不会这么干
Why, I don’t think so.
晚安 伊芙
Goodnight, Eve.
晚安 昌西
Goodnight, Chauncey.
-早安 伯金斯先生 -早安 莱福先生
-‘Morning, Mr. Perkins. -‘Morning, Mr. Riff.
-很高兴见到你 -谢谢
-Nice to see you. -Thanks.
今天有一位访客要和我们在一起 昌西·格达那先生
We have an additional guest with us today, Mr. Chauncey Gardiner.
我知道了 我们可以在老地方建立通讯吗
I see. Shall we set up the communications in the usual place?
-当然可以 -好的 开工了
-Of course. -Okay, let’s go to work.
你要用车吗先生
Would you like a car, sir?
是的…我要一辆
Yes, I would like a car.
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
谢谢
Thank you.
把7号♥车开过来
Send up Number 7, please.
昌西 你在这里 你拖着那条伤腿在做什么
Chauncey, there you are. What are you doing on that leg?
它很好了 罗伯特
It’s fine today, Robert.
哦 这应该是我说了才算的
Shame on you. Let me be the judge of that.
请你还是坐在轮椅上
Please, sit in the chair.
我发誓 你和本杰明让我快忙不过来了
I swear, between you and Benjamin, I’ve got my hands full.
经济越来越糟 股市像落潮一样
Say, that is coming along. The swelling’s gone down considerably.
您要得轿车 先生
Your limousine, sir.
很好 谢谢你
Fine. Thank you.
你要去哪里吗
Are you going somewhere?

No.
总之 总统在作出决定之前总是来拜访本
Anyway, the President’s volunteered to sit in for Ben at the convention.
这是很明智的举措 他们应该很快就来了
Quite a nice gesture. They’re due here soon, I believe.
我知道总统将来访
I know about the President coming.
-你知道 是吗 -是的
-You do, do you? -Yes.
本希望我见见总统
Ben would like me to meet the President.
-他愿意 是吗 -是的
-He would, would he? -Yes.
我怎么才能知道何时是10:00
How will I know when it’s 10:.00?
恩 现在是9:10
Well, it’s 9:.10, now.
如果你不看钟的话…
And if you don’t see a clock…
我肯定总有人会知道时间的
…I’m sure someone will have the time.
我知道了
I understand.
我要去散步了
I’m going to walk.
散步 哦 是的 是的 散步
Walk? Well, yes, hell yes. Walk.
-你要去面见总统了 是吗 -是的
-You’re meeting the President, aren’t you? -Yes.
我在电视上见过他
I’ve watched him on television.
它是十分准时的 先生
It’s very precise, sir.
现在是10:00了
It’s 10:.00.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!