发现包装纸上清晰的印着”台♥湾♥制♥造♥”
…the packages were clearly stamped “Made in Taiwan. ”
对所有新近发生的大事都有所了解是很重要的
I know it’s important to stay informed of all the latest events,
但是 我觉得要想对所有事情都都有所了解
but…I find there’s so much to assimilate it can
只会越来越混乱
become quite muddling at times.
直到他们把筷子放到桌子上 如果中国人…
Until they placed the chopsticks around the table. If the Chinese were upset…
夫人
Ma’am.
威尔逊 请你带格达那先生到三楼的会客室
Wilson, will you take Mr. Gardiner to the third-floor guest suite?
好的 夫人
Yes, ma’am.
艾伦比医生看过你的腿后我就过来看你
I’ll see you after Dr. Allenby has a look at your leg.
谢谢
Thank you. Yes.
我以前从来没有坐过轮椅
I’ve never been in one of these before.
这是兰德先生生病期间所用的轮椅
It’s one of Mr. Rand’s. Since he’s been ill.
恩
I see.
这里有电视吗
Does it have a television?
不 但是在兰德先生的电动轮椅上有一部电视
No. But Mr. Rand does have one with an electric motor.
用那部车他可以自♥由♥的在周围行动
That way he can get around by himself.
我们要留在这里多长时间
How long do we stay in here?
多长时间
How long?
我也不知道 这要看医生怎么说
I don’t know. We’ll see what the doctor says.
我以前在电影上看过这种事情
I’ve seen it done before, in a film on television.
不会受伤的
This won’t hurt at all.
你确实受伤了
It did hurt.
从表面上看来骨头没有受伤
There’s no apparent damage to the bone.
但为了确认 我们要做一下X光透视
But to be sure, we’ll do an x-ray.
X光
X-ray?
对了 格达那先生 我想直接问你一些事情
By the way, Mr. Gardiner, I’d like to ask you something straight out.
-直接 -是的 先生
-Straight out? -Yes, sir.
你打算因为你的受伤而对兰德一家提出什么要求吗
Are you planning on making any sort of claim against the Rand’s?
要求…
Claim.
托马斯也是这么问我的
That’s what Thomas asked me.
托马斯 你可以穿上裤子了
Thomas? You can pull your trousers up now.
谁是托马斯
Who’s Thomas?
托马斯·富兰克林 他是一个律师
Thomas Franklin. He’s an attorney.
-一个律师 -对
-An attorney? -Yes.
那么你希望通过你的律师来解决这件事情了
Then you wish to handle this matter through your attorneys?
没有什么提出要求的必要
There’s no need for a claim.
我甚至不知道我应该提出什么要求
I don’t even know what they look like.
哦 那么
Well, then.
我必须承认你让我非常吃惊
You caught me off guard there, I must admit.
谢谢
Thank you.
现在我们唯一要小心的就是这些小范围的出血了
Now, the only thing we have to look out for is minor hemorrhaging…
当然这没什么严重的 但是以后可能会导致一些麻烦
…which isn’t serious, but could cause trouble later on.
告诉我 格达那先生
Tell me, Mr. Gardiner…
你能留下来呆上一两天
…would it be possible for you to stay here for a day or two…
这样我们就可以继续观察你的伤势
…so we could keep an eye on it?
当然 我可以留在这
Yes, I could stay here.
-这座庄园有花♥园♥吗 -啊…当然 很多
-Does this house have a garden? -Why, yes. Many.
很好
Good.
小心这条腿不要用力 也不要负重 格达那先生
Keep your weight off that leg, Mr. Gardiner.
威尔逊先生
Mr. Wilson,
安顿好行李后请用轮椅把格达那先生带到X光室
please wheel Mr. Gardiner in for x-rays after you’ve finished unpacking.
-好的 先生 -谢谢
-Yes, Doctor. -Thank you.
当你看到比赛中的运动员是如此精力充沛
Ever watch a game on TV and see the players chugging down this stuff?
也许你会很惊讶
Ever wonder why?
在外面的时候想死你了 感觉怎么样
I miss you so when I’m out. How’re you feeling?
头不疼了吗
No headaches?
不疼了 今天已经好多了
No, it’s been a fairly good day.
比你还好 已经有人告诉我了
Better than yours, so I’ve been told.
你已经听说这件事了
You heard about it?
我可能是一个被关在屋里的病人 但是…
I may be a shut-in, but….
我很难过你要忍♥受这些事情
I’m sorry you had to go through all that.
没关系 真的 没关系
It was nothing, nothing, really.
这件事仅仅是听起来很坏而已
It just sounded worse than it was.
并且格达那先生是非常通情达理的人
And Mr. Gardiner is a very reasonable man.
通情达理
Reasonable.
我想见一见这个通情达理的人
I’d like to meet a reasonable man for a change.
为什么你不请罗宾逊先生来共进晚餐
Why don’t you ask this Robinson for dinner?
格达那 格达那 昌西 昌西·格达那
Gardiner. Gardiner. Chauncey. Chauncey Gardiner.
格达那
Gardiner.
你参加这个餐会没问题吗
You think you’re well enough for dinner, Ben?
康斯坦斯 我需要输一次血
Constance, I want fresh blood for dinner.
好的 先生
Yes, sir.
我已经把它们放在别的地方了
I’ll have them set another place.
天哪 伊芙 你会着凉的
My God, Eve, you’ll freeze.
没关系 我只是…
No. I just….
只是想呼吸点新鲜空气
I just wanted to get some fresh air.
格达那先生怎么样了
How’s Mr. Gardiner?
看起来很正常
Doesn’t seem to be too serious.
但是他的腿上有一大♥片♥擦伤 我要继续留意他的伤势
But it’s a rather large contusion and I’d like to keep an eye on him.
所以我建议他留在这里一段时间
So I suggested that he stay here for a couple of days.
这里
Here?
格达那先生留在这里 有必要吗
Mr. Gardiner stay here? Why? Is that necessary?
不是必须的 但是对他很有益
Not necessary, but helpful.
别担心 他也许会为这里带来点新鲜的空气
Don’t worry, he might be a breath of fresh air.
他很特殊 是不是
He is different, isn’t he?
你知道 他非常…
You know, he’s very…
热情
…intense.
也许
Perhaps.
实际上 我觉得他非常有幽默感
Actually, I found him to have quite a sense of humor.
那是个非常小的房♥间
That’s a very small room.
是的先生 我想它是这栋建筑里最小的房♥间
Yes, sir, I guess that’s true. Smallest room in the house.
是的 没错
Yes, I guess that’s true.
格达那先生 欢迎来到兰德·曼理尔医院
Welcome to Rand Memorial Hospital.
谢谢你
Thank you.
需要我帮助你上检查台吗 格达那先生
Can I help you to the table, Mr. Gardiner?
谢谢
Thank you.
我在这里感觉非常好
I feel very good in here.
那是因为氧气
That’s the oxygen.
当我第一次犯病
When I first got sick…
我把这整个房♥间用玻璃密封
…I had this entire room glassed in…
这样他们就可以把纯氧用泵打进来
…so they could pump in some extra oxygen.
令我的精神振作
Keeps my spirits up.
你应该是病得相当严重
You must be very ill.
再生障碍性贫血
Aplastic anemia.
骨髓没法提供足够的红血球
The bone marrow doesn’t supply enough red blood cells.
他们没法做任何有效的治疗
Not a damn thing they can do about it.
他们能做的只是让我保持舒适
They can keep me comfortable.
通过类固醇药物来延长我的寿命
Prolong my life with steroid therapy…
而且这些输血治疗
…and these transfusions.
只是令我的血液炽热
But what makes my blood boil…
这种病…
…that is, what there is of it…
通常
…is that this is usually…
这应该是一种年轻人的疾病
…a young person’s disease.
我已经上年纪了
Here I am getting along in years…
但我因为这种年轻人的疾病而生命垂危
…and I’m about to die of a young person’s disease.
我在电视上从来没见过这种事情
I’ve never seen anything like this on television.
格达那 请保持平躺
Please, lie still, Mr. Gardiner.
你将和我们共进晚餐
You’ll join us for dinner, of course.
哦 是的 非常感谢
Yes, please. Thank you.
我真的很饿了
I’m very hungry.
我也是阿 我的孩子
Yes, and so am l, my boy.
我也是
So am l.
你认识拉斐尔吗
Do you know Raphael?
不 先生 我想我不认识他
No, sir. I don’t believe I do.
我有个口信要告诉他
Because I have a message for him.
是吗 先生
Yes, sir?
一个黑人男孩让我给拉斐尔一个口信
A small black man gave me a message for Raphael.
我想我不认识这个人 格达那先生 现在请你…
I still don’t believe I know the man, Mr. Gardiner. Now, please…
保持平躺
…Iie still.
需要我们为你联♥系♥什么人吗
Is there anyone we could notify for you?