想要阻止我吗
…to stop me in my Super Cop Clobberer.
对任何人来说 想阻止他都是非常愚蠢的想法
Anybody who’d try to stop him has to be totally stupid.
愚蠢 嘿 马特里 回来
Stupid? Hey, Muttley, come back.
让我们来大干一场
And make it snappy.
…整个周末都在下雪
…snow that fell over the whole weekend,
据说这场大风雪是有史以来最糟糕的
and the blizzard is called one of the worst.
正如你所见 就这个城市的历史来讲这次确实是最糟糕的
As you can see, one of the worst in that city’s history.
他们在中西部的活计不是很幸运 每当他们挖出来…
They’ve not been too lucky in the Midwest. As soon as they dig out…
另一场暴风正在袭来 西部也将很快会经历一场
…another storm hits and there is one out west that might be in very soon.
我们总是很幸运 尽管每次都在下雪…
We’ve been very lucky though. Every time it snows…
-你的朋友就在这里 -朋友 哈 我可没有朋友
-Your friend’s out here. -Friends, ha! I ha ve no friends.
大鸟 我们来看你开车了
Big Bird, we came to see you drive.
已经有点晚了 是吧
It’s a little too late now, isn’t it?
早上好 璐易丝
Good morning, Louise.
他死了 杉斯
He’s dead, Chance.
那个老人死了
The old man’s dead.
我知道了
I see.
他没有呼吸
He wasn’t breathing…
我摸了摸他…
…and he’s cold as a fish.
他像一条鱼一样冰冷
I touched him, just to see.
杉斯
Chance?
然后 我…
Then l…
然后我找了张床单来把他的脸盖上
…covered him up. Pulled a sheet over his head.
噢 上帝
Oh, Lord!
这是怎样的一个早上啊
What a morning.
是啊 路易丝 好像又要下雪了
Yes, Louise. It looks like it’s going to snow.
你看过花♥园♥了吗
Have you seen the garden?
-感觉确实是要下雪了…-等等
-lt feels just like it’s going to snow… -Wait a minute, boy.
这就是你要说的一切吗
Is that all you’ve got to say?
那个老人就躺在那里 毫无生气
That old man is lying up there dead as hell…
…但这些却丝毫没有影响你
…and it just don’t make any difference to you.
上帝哦 杉斯…
Lord, Chance….
很抱歉 我失态了
I’m sorry for yelling like I did.
不 我只是不知道我在期盼什么
No, sir. I just don’t know what I was expecting.
我想我最好为你准备点早餐
I suppose I better gather you up some breakfast.
谢谢你 璐易丝 我现在正好很饿
Yes, please. I’m very hungry, Louise.
我给你煮些鸡蛋
I’ll make you some eggs.
那片空地上有好多动物
There are lots of animals in the barnyard.
要和大公鸡一起看看它们吗
Want to go with the rooster to see them?
属于美体床垫的早晨啊
“Sealy Posturepedic morning”
它给人的感觉是多么的好啊 因为美体床垫
Feeling so good it shows. Because Posturepedic is designed…
是多位整形外科医生针对因为睡在一张过于柔软的床垫上
…in cooperation with leading orthopedic surgeons for no morning backache…
而引起的早上的背部疼痛协力设计的
…from sleeping on a too-soft mattress.
属于美体床垫的早晨啊…
“It’s a Sealy Posturepedic morning”
-把它们放在背荫处 艾尔文 -好的 夫人
-Keep them in the shade, Alvin. -Yes ma’am, Miss Kettlepunch.
我不允许让这匹马站在太阳底下 你听到了吗
I won’t have the horses standing in the sun. You hear me?
-呆着别动 -好的 夫人
-Stay in your seat. -Yes, ma’am.
-戴上你的帽子和手套 -好的 夫人
-Keep your hat and gloves on. -Yes, ma’am.
-别忘了系上外套的纽扣 -好的 夫人
-And your coat buttoned. -Yes, ma’am.
好的 夫人
Yes, ma’am.
早上好 夫人
Y es, ma’am.
今天早晨你真像个绅士 杉斯
Ain’t you the gentleman this morning.
我要走了 杉斯
I’m going to go now, Chance.
好的
Yes.
你看上去需要找个人陪
You’re going to need somebody.
你应该为自己找一个太太 杉斯
You ought to find yourself a lady, Chance.
她应该是一个上了年纪的女士
Guess it ought to be an old lady.
你不能像年轻人一样了
You ain’t going to do a young one any good.
这可不是件小事
Not with that little thing of yours.
你不能总是像个小孩子 是不是
You’re always going to be a little boy, ain’t you?
再见 杉斯
Goodbye.
再见 璐易丝
Goodbye, Louise.
-你能大概带我参观一下吗 -很乐意
-Will you give me a tour? -Gladly.
保险箱在詹尼斯的卧室 那是应该重点注意的地方
The safe is in Mr. Jennings’ bedroom. That’ll be stop number one.
在三十年代 他曾经和我父亲一起骑马
He and my father used to ride together, back in the’30s.
在我出生之前
Before I was born.
你听到了吗
You hear that?
这是一辆新车
It’s a new car.
今天早晨 总统在办公室会见了
This morning, the President met in the Oval Office with…
中国的高级外交官员和同行的文化交流学者
…foreign dignitaries and cultural exchange students from the Republic of China.
他送给他们一个象征着我们美国
He presented them with a statue of the American eagle…
和平和自♥由♥的鹰之塑像
…our symbol ofpeace and freedom throughout the world.
总统积极的评价了两国间未来的贸易关系
The President warmly encouraged future trade relations…
你好
Why, hello.
我想我们已经得了一些消息
We thought we heard something.
我是托马斯·富兰克林
I’m Thomas Franklin.
你好 托马斯 我是杉斯 这里的园丁
Hello, Thomas. I’m Chance, the gardener.
-园丁 -是的
-The gardener? -Yes.
哦 当然是
Yes, of course.
杉斯先生 这是海瑟小姐
Mr. Chance, this is Ms. Hayes.
很高兴见到你 杉斯先生
Mr. Chance, I’m very pleased to meet you.
是的
Yes.
是的
Yes.
我们和富兰克林 詹宁斯还有罗伯特作为法人代表
We’re with Franklin, Jennings and Roberts.
负责处理这里的财产
The law firm handling the estate.
是的 托马斯 我知道了
Yes, Thomas, I understand.
你在等人吗 约会
Are you waiting for someone? An appointment?
是的 璐易丝一会把我的午饭带来
Yes. Louise will bring me my lunch.
开玩笑呢吧 杉斯先生
All kidding aside, Mr. Chance,
我可以问问你究竟在这里做什么吗
may I ask just what you’re doing here?
我住在这
I live here.
这里根本没有这么一个园丁
There is no mention of a gardener.
事实上 根据我们的记录
In fact, according to our inventories,
从1933年起这里就从来没有雇佣过任何人
a man hasn’t been employed here since 1933.
除了乔·萨悉尼先生
Except for a Mr. Joe Saracini…
一个好心的泥瓦匠 他负责修理那些墙壁
…a brick mason, who did some repairs to a wall.
1952年 他在这里工作了两天半
He was here for two and a half days in 1952.
是的 我还记着乔
Yes. I remember Joe.
他非常胖 留着短发
He was very fat, had short hair…
曾经给我看过一本有趣的书 里面的有一些照片
…and showed me pictures from a funny little book.
-一些照片 -是的
-Some pictures? -Yes.
关于男人和女人的
Of men and women.
杉斯先生 你究竟在这里生活多久了
Just how long have you been living here, Mr. Chance?
自从我能够记事
Ever since I can remember.
还是一个孩子的时候 我就已经在这个花♥园♥里工作了
Ever since I was a child I’ve worked in this garden.
那么你真的是一个园丁了
Then you really are a gardener?
我的玫瑰
My roses.
杉斯先生 我们需要一些证据 证明你确实居住在这里
We will need some proof of your having resided here, Mr. Chance.
你看 我就在这里
You have me, I’m here.
那是乔修复的墙壁
That’s where Joe fixed the wall.
你和那位死者有关系吗
Are you related to the deceased?
没有关系
I don’t think so.
真是一辆好车 平时你开这辆车吗 杉斯先生
That’s a nice car. Do you drive it, Mr. Chance?
我从来没有上过汽车
I’ve never been in an automobile.
你从来没有上过汽车
You’ve never been in a car?
是的
No.
任何时候我都不能离开这座房♥子
I’ve never been allowed outside of the house.
你可以称呼我雷 可以称呼我简…
You can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay….
我习惯于经常听收音机
I used to listen to the radio.
后来那个老人给了我一台电视
Then the old man started giving me television sets.
有摇控的电视
This one has a remote control.
或许在某处还有另外的…
Maybe there’s another gum machine someplace.
看到了吗 这是我的床
You see? This is my bed.
这是我的浴室
This is my bathroom.
这是水槽
This is my sink.
厕所
This is my toilet.
浴盆
This is my bathtub.
这些是我的衣服
Here is my closet.
你的衣服相当好看 杉斯先生
You have a very handsome wardrobe.
是的
Yes.