Then you’re obviously lost, Lieutenant.
不来梅在反方向
Bremen is in the opposite direction.
你确定,上尉?
Are you sure?
确定
Yes.
我的天啊
Wouldn’t you know it!
我匆忙离开 我的部下忘记准备正确的地图
My departure was so hasty that my orderly forgot to prepare proper maps.
我了解
I understand.
少尉,请不要生气
Please, do not be offended, Lieutenant…
你有带身分证件吗?
…but are you carrying your identity papers?
我当然有带
Yes, of course.
我能看一下吗?
May I see them?
没问题
Of course.
拿去吧
Here you are.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢你,少尉 希望没造成你的不便
Thank you, Lieutenant, I hope I haven’t inconvenienced you.
完全不会
Not at all.
既然我们要去的方向一致
Now that we are riding in the same direction…
或许我有招待你吃一顿 晚上好好睡一觉
…may I offer you a meal and a bed for the night…
再给你正确地图的荣幸
…and a proper map for the journey?
你真是好心,上尉 我很荣幸能接受招待
That’s kind of you, Captain. I’d be honored to accept.
巴里得到热情招待
Barry was treated with great civility…
被问及关于英格兰的问题
…and was asked questions about England.
他尽可能地回答 还自己编了一些故事
He answered as best he could, inventing many stories.
他描述国王跟部长们
He described the King and Ministers…
说英国驻柏林大使是他的舅舅
…boasted that the British Ambassador in Berlin was his uncle…
甚至还说要帮波兹杜夫写介绍信
…and even offered Potzdorf a letter of introduction.
这些故事似乎让他的主人很满意
His host seemed satisfied with these stories.
但他对巴里提出一大堆问题
But, he led Barry on with a skillful combination of questions…
还对他大加奉承
…and flattery.
很抱歉,我不太了解英格兰
I know so little of your country of England…
只知道你们是全世界最勇敢的国家
…except that you are the bravest nation in the world…
我们很幸运能跟你们结盟
…and that we are fortunate to have such allies.
费肯汉少尉
Lieutenant Fakenham…
为两国的友谊干一杯吧
…let us drink to the friendship of our two great nations.
敬这两个伟大的国家
To our two great nations.

Ah.
你真的很幸运,明天可以到不来梅
Aren’t you lucky, going to Bremen tomorrow?
我在那里认识全欧洲最漂亮的女人
I know one of the loveliest women in Europe there.
你能帮我带信给她吗?
Would you take a letter to her?
没问题
Certainly.
对了,你要把情报交给谁?
By the way, to whom are you carrying your dispatches?
威廉森将军
General Williamson.
威廉森将军?
General Williamson?

Yes.
普西佛威廉森将军?
General Percival Williamson?
就是他
Yes, the same.
军士
Sergeant.
逮捕这家伙
This man is under arrest.
逮捕我?波兹杜夫上尉…
Under arrest? Captain Potzdorf, sir…
我是英国♥军♥官
…I’m a British Officer.
你是骗子,你是冒牌货
You’re a liar and an imposter.
你是逃兵
You’re a deserter.
今天早上我就开始怀疑你 你的谎言证实了我的看法
I suspected you this morning. Your lies and folly have confirmed this.
你假装要送情报 给十个月前阵亡的将军
You pretend to carry dispatches to a General, dead these ten months.
你说英国驻柏林大使
You say the British Ambassador in Berlin…
是你的舅舅,叫什么鬼欧葛来帝
…is your uncle, with the ridiculous name of O’Grady.
你要加入军队,还是要被逮捕?
Now, will you join and take the bounty, or be given up?
我自愿加入军队
I volunteer.
普鲁士军队比英格兰军队更为严格
The Prussian Service was worse than the English.
大兵的生活非常悲惨
The life of a Private Soldier was frightful.
处罚非常残忍♥ 所有的军官都能处罚士兵
Punishment was incessant. Every Officer had the right to inflict it.
犯下小错就会鞭打
The gauntlet was a common penalty for minor offenses.
犯下重罪会被砍断手脚 甚至是处死
More serious ones were punishable by mutilation or death.
七年战争迈入尾声
At the close of the Seven Years’ War the army…
以纪律闻名的大军 名义上是由普鲁士人组成
…renowned for its disciplined valor, was officered by native Prussians.
但多数成员
But it was mostly composed…
来自社会的最低层
…of men from the lowest levels of humanity…
到欧洲各国雇用或骗来的人
…hired or stolen from every nation in Europe.
巴里置身在最险恶的大染缸中
Thus, Barry fell into the worst company…
很快地就熟悉各种偷鸡摸狗的技俩
…and was soon far advanced in the science of every kind of misconduct.
救命啊
Help.
快把我拉出去
Get me out of here.
上校说国王非常满意
The Colonel’s speech declared the King’s satisfaction…
军队在奥多夫之役的表现
…with the conduct of the Regiment at the Battle of Audorf…
巴里下士勇敢地救了波兹杜夫上尉
…and with Corporal Barry’s bravery in rescuing Captain Potzdorf…
因而获到两枚普鲁士金币的奖励
…which was to be rewarded with the sum of two frederick d’or.
巴里下士,请向前八步
Corporal Barry, eight paces forward…
齐步走!
…march!
巴里下士
Corporal Barry.
你是个好士兵,非常勇敢
You’re a gallant soldier, and evidently of good stock…
但你懒惰又不守纪律
…but you’re idle and unprincipled.
你带坏了其他的人
You’re a bad influence on the men.
虽然很勇敢 我相信你什么事都做不好
And for all your bravery, I’m sure you’ll come to no good.
我希望这一点上校弄错了
I hope the Colonel is mistaken.
我交到坏朋友 但我做的事跟其他士兵一样
I have fallen into bad company, but I’ve only done as other soldiers do.
从来没有朋友或保护者
I’ve never had a friend or protector before…
教我怎么力争上游
…to show that I was worthy of better things.
上校可以说我这个人毁了 要我去见恶魔
The Colonel may say I’m ruined, and send me to the Devil.
但是我愿意为了效忠军队 去见恶魔
But, I would go to the Devil to serve the Regiment.
巴里下士,归队
Corporal Barry, fall in.
战争结束,巴里的部队驻守在首都
The war ended and Barry’s regiment was garrisoned in the Capital.
他已经巴结了普兹杜夫上尉好一阵子
He had, for some time, ingratiated himself with Captain Potzdorf…
他对他的信任即将得到回报
…whose confidence in him was about to bring its reward.
早安,瑞德蒙
Good morning, Redmond.
早安,上尉
Good morning, Captain.
我要跟你介绍我的叔叔,警务部长
I should like you to meet my uncle, the Minister of Police.
早安,部长先生
Good morning, Herr Minister.
瑞德蒙
Redmond…
我跟部长谈过你的表现 还有你立下的战功
…I’ve spoken to the Minister regarding your services and your fortune is made.
我们能帮助你离开军队
We shall get you out of the Army…
将你调到警♥察♥局,很快地
…appoint you to the Police Bureau, and, in time…
我们会帮助你爬上高位
…we’ll allow you to move in a better sphere.
谢谢你,上尉
Thank you, Captain.
你对我的忠诚及在军中的表现 让我非常满意
Your loyalty to me and service to the Regiment has pleased me.
你还可以帮我们一个忙
Now there is another occasion on which you can assist us.
如果你成功了
If you succeed…
因为这个缘故
…depend on it…
就可以拿到奖赏
…your reward will be secure.
我会尽力的,长官
I’ll do my best, sir.
在柏林有个人为奥地利女王服务
There is a gentleman in Berlin in the service of the Empress of Austria.
他自称是巴里巴瑞骑士
He calls himself the Chevalier de Balibari.
他以职业赌徒之姿出现
He appears to be a professional gambler.
是个浪荡子
He’s a libertine:
喜欢美女跟美食
Fond of women, of good food…
过着奢华光鲜的生活
…polished, obliging.
他的法文跟德文说得非常好
He speaks French and German indifferently.
不过我们有理由相信 巴里巴瑞先生
But we have reason to fancy that Monsieur de Balibari…
跟你一样是爱尔兰人
…is a native of your country of Ireland.
他来这里当间谍
And that he has come here as a spy.
你精通英文…
Your knowledge of English…
是接近他的理想选择
…makes you an ideal choice to go into his service…
查出他到底是不是间谍
…and find out whether or not he is a spy.
你对这项任务有兴趣吗?
Does this assignment interest you?
部长先生,我当然想为您…
Minister, I’m interested in anything that can be of service to you…
也为波兹杜夫上尉效力
…and Captain Potzdorf.
你完全听不懂英文
You will not know a word of English.
如果骑士先生怀疑你的口音 就说你是匈牙利人
If the Chevalier remarks on your accent, say you are Hungarian.
你上过战场
You served in the war.
因为健康问题退伍
You left the Army for medical reasons…
为奎伦伯格先生服务两年
…then served Monsieur de Quellenberg for two years.
他跟着军队到了西利西亚 但是你可以代表他说话

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!