如果她喜欢小男生,就让她去吧
If she fancies schoolboys, let her take ’em, sir.
你是在开玩笑!
You’re joking!
我再认真不过了
Ha. I never was more earnest.
约翰,等一下
John, wait.
讨厌的小鬼!
Meddling brat!
你坏了大家的好事!
Your hand is in everybody’s pie!
你有什么资格 跟那么有钱有地位的绅士争呢?
What business had you to quarrel with a gentleman of substance?
瑞德蒙,孩子,坐吧
Redmond, me boy, take a seat.
布莱迪太太,各位女士,请听我说
Mrs. Brady and ladies, if you please.
在我的家族里 很难得见到举杯致意的场面
This sort of toast is drunk too seldom in my family…
听到这个大好消息 你们应该会很高兴
…and you’ll please to receive it with all honors.
这一杯敬约翰奎恩上尉夫妇
Here’s to Captain and Mrs. John Quin and long life to them.
来吧
Go on.
亲她吧,杰克,证明你的真心
Kiss her, Jack, for faith you’ve got a treasure.
来吧,杰克
Come on, Jack.
这才是男子汉
There’s the man!
祝你们幸福度过一生
A long and happy life together.
祝你们幸福度过一生
A long and happy life together.
谢谢
Thank you.
瑞德蒙
Redmond!
我敬你,约翰奎恩上尉
Here’s my toast to you, Captain John Quin.
瑞德蒙!你竟敢在我家里那么做
Redmond, how dare you behave like that in my house!
布莱迪太太,先带孩子们出去
Mrs. Brady, take the children out.
亲爱的上尉,你还好吧?
My dear fellow, are you all right?
天啊,那到底是怎么一回事?
In heaven’s name, what does all the row mean?
事实上
The fact is, sir…
这个小鬼爱上诺拉
…the young monkey’s in love with Nora.
今天他发现 她跟上尉在花♥园♥里谈心
He found her and the Captain in the garden today.
现在他要杀了杰克奎恩
Now he’s for murdering Jack Quin.
布莱迪先生 我在这里遭到极大的侮辱
Mr. Brady, I’ve been insulted grossly in this house.
我不太满意你们的处理方式
I’m not satisfied with these ways of going on.
我是英格兰人,我是有地位的人!
I’m an Englishman! And a man of property!
这个不知天高地厚的小子
And this impudent young swine…
应该被好好地管教一下!
…should be horsewhipped!
只要奎恩先生愿意决斗…
Mr. Quin can have satisfaction any time he pleases…
巴里村的瑞德蒙巴里先生 随时可以奉陪
…by calling on Redmond Barry, Esquire of Barryville.
我送那孩子回家
I’ll see the boy home.
今天你很大胆,瑞德蒙先生
A pretty day’s work, Master Redmond.
知道你姨丈急需用钱
Knowing your uncle is distressed for money…
他只是想帮女儿找个有钱女婿 让家族每年多一千五百镑收入
…trying to break off a match which
奎恩同意付四千镑 那让你姨丈很心动
which is bothering your uncle.
他愿意娶一个没钱的女孩
He takes a girl without a penny…
这个女孩迷倒这里所有的男人
…a girl that’s flinging herself at the head of every man in these parts.
但是她不要这里的男人!
And missing them all!
你该把你姨丈当做父亲看待
And you, who ought to be attached to your uncle as to your father….
我的确把他当做父亲看待
I am.
这就是你报答他的方式?
And this is the return you make for his kindness?
你父亲过世后 他不是一直在保护你们吗?
Didn’t he harbor you when your father died?
他不是给你跟你妈一个住的地方 还没收你们房♥租吗?
Hasn’t he given you and your mother a fine house, rent free?
记住我的话,我是认真的
Mark this, and come what will of it…
我要跟追求诺拉布莱迪的人决斗
…I will fight the man who pretends the hand of Nora Brady.
我会跟着他,即使我得进教堂 在那里跟他决斗
I’ll follow him if it’s into the church and fight him there.
我会杀了他,或是他得杀了我
I’ll have his blood, or he’ll have mine.
自信满满,我相信你
Faith, and I believe ye!
我没看过这么有自信的男孩
I never saw a lad more game in me life.
亲我一下,孩子
Give me a kiss, me boy.
你就跟我一样
You’re after me own soul.
只要还有一口气在 我会是你最好的朋友
As long as I live, you shall never want a friend or a second.
你能帮我传话给他 安排我们见面吗?
Will you take my message to him? And arrange a meeting?
如果你坚持的话,我会的
Well, if it must be, it must.
听我说,瑞德蒙,孩子 这太愚蠢了
Look here, Redmond, me boy, this is a silly business.
记住我的话,那女孩会嫁给奎恩
The girl will marry Quin, mark my words.
一旦她跟他结了婚,你会忘记她
And as sure as she does, you’ll forget her.
你只是个孩子,奎恩也是这么想
You’re but a boy and Quin is willing to consider you as such.
对吧,奎恩?
Right, Quin?
没错
Oh, mm-hm.
都柏林是个好地方
Now, Dublin’s a fine place.
如果你愿意到那里待一个月
If you’ve a mind to ride there and see the town for a month…
这里有十基尼够你花用了
…here’s ten guineas at your service.
你能接受吗,奎恩上尉?
Will that satisfy you, Captain Quin?
当然,如果巴里先生愿意道歉 并且到都柏林去
Yes, if Mr. Barry will apologize and go to Dublin…
我会当问题都妥善解决了
…I will consider the whole affair honorably settled.
快道歉吧,瑞德蒙
Say you’re sorry, Redmond.
跟他道歉,很简单的
You can easily say that.
我不觉得我错了
I’m not sorry.
我不要道歉
And I’ll not apologize.
我不要去都柏林
And I’d as soon go to Dublin as to hell.
那么我们别无他法了
Then there’s nothing else for it.
上帝祝福你,孩子
God bless you.
这不是我的枪
This isn’t my pistol.
没关系,这是我的枪
It’s all right, it’s one of mine.
如果进行下一轮决斗 我们再用你的枪
Yours will serve, if it’s needed, for the next round.
祝你好运,瑞德蒙
Good luck, Redmond.
两位男士
Gentlemen…
请举枪
…cock your pistols.
两位男士
Gentlemen…
瞄准
…aim your pistols.
一
One.
二
Two.
三
Three.
他死了吗?
Is he dead?
他真的死了
Quite dead.
对我们家族来说,这是悲伤的一天
This has been a sad day’s work for our family.
你害我们一年损失一千五百镑
Ye’ve robbed us of 1,500 a year.
在警♥察♥出现前,你最好快点离开
Now you’d better ride off before the Police are up.
在我们离开奇威刚前 他们一定会追查此事
They’d wind of this before we left Kilwangan.
来吧,瑞德蒙,我送你回家
Come on, Redmond, I’ll go home with you.
巴里的人生应该会完全不同
How different Barry’s fate might have been…
要不是他爱上诺拉
…had he not fallen in love with Nora…
要不是他把酒泼到奎恩上尉脸上
…and had he not flung the wine in Captain Quin’s face.
但他注定要亡命天涯
But he was destined to be a wanderer.
跟奎恩决斗 逼得他提早展开这段旅程
And the battle with Quin set him on his travels at an early age…
你们很快就会看到
…as you shall soon see.
这孩子得躲上一阵子
The boy must go into hiding for a short time, anyway.
都柏林最适合他
Dublin’s the best place for him.
他可以待在那里等风声过去
He can stay there ’til matters have blown over.
但这孩子不曾离家过
But the child has never been away from home before.
他待在这里不安全吗?
Wouldn’t he be as safe here?
我也希望他能待在这里,贝拉阿姨
I wish that were true, Aunt Belle.
或许警♥察♥已经来了
But the Bailiffs may be on their way already.
都柏林离这里有五天路程
Now, Dublin is five days’ ride away from here.
那里没有人认识他
There’s not a soul who’ll know him there.
我不想太悲观
I don’t want to harp on unpleasant matters…
但你知道他被抓的话 可能会发生什么事
…but you do know what can happen to him if he’s taken.
我会没事的
I’ll be all right.
我在都柏林会没事的,妈妈
I’ll be all right in Dublin, Mother.
没有孩子第一次出远门
No lad with liberty for the first time…
口袋还有二十基尼时…
…and 20 guineas in his pocket…
心里还悲伤的起来
…is very sad.
巴里赶往都柏林 心里没想太多事
Barry rode towards Dublin thinking not so much of…
他没想到他独居的母亲 还有无法回去的家
…the kind mother left alone, and the home behind him…
只想到未来 以及可能出现的奇蹟
…but of tomorrow and all the wonders it would bring.
对不起,小姐
Excuse me, miss.
能不能麻烦你给我一杯水?
Would it be possible to have a drink of water?
好的
Yes, sir.
你好,年轻人
Good day to you, young sir.
你好
Good day.
要跟我们喝一杯吗?
Will you join us in a drink?
不用了,谢谢
No, thank you.
要吃点东西吗?
Would you like something to eat?