是的
Yes.
准备射击
Then prepare to fire.
一
One…
二
…two….
布林顿子爵,林登先生朝地面开枪
Lord Bullingdon, in view of Mr. Lyndon having fired into the ground…
您认为决斗结束了吗?
…do you now consider that you have received satisfaction?
我不认为决斗结束了
I have not received satisfaction.
林登先生,你准备好了吗?
Mr. Lyndon, are you ready?
是的
Yes.
布林顿子爵
Lord Bullingdon…
请举枪,准备射击
…cock your pistol and get ready to fire.
一
One…
二
…two….
巴里被送到附近的旅店 他们找来了医生
Barry was carried to an inn nearby and a surgeon was called.
快好了
I’m nearly finished.
我很遗憾必须告诉你,林登先生
I’m sorry to have to tell you this, Mr. Lyndon.
我恐怕你会失去这条腿
I’m afraid you’ll have to lose the leg…
从膝盖以下截肢
…most likely below the knee.
失去这条腿?
Lose the leg?
为什么?
What for?
简单的说,为了救你一命
The simple answer is to save your life.
子弹打中膝盖以下的骨头 重创动脉
The ball has shattered the bone below the knee and severed the artery.
不截肢的话,我无法修补动脉
Unless I amputate, there’s no way that I can repair the artery…
帮你止血
…and stop the hemorrhage.
葛瑞恩
Graham.
什么事,爵爷?
Yes, My Lord?
回哈克顿堡后 告诉巴里太太发生了什么事
When we arrive at Castle Hackton, inform Mrs. Barry of what has happened.
不必要的细节就别说了
Don’t go into any unnecessary detail.
跟她说他在哪里,他的腿受伤了
Just tell her where he is and that he has been wounded in the leg.
她自然会去看他
She will want to go to him.
要她尽快动身前往伦敦
See that she is out of the house and on her way to London as soon as possible.
不论发生什么事
And in no event…
别让她见到我的母亲
…is she to be allowed to see my mother…
在她离开前,不准她在屋里闹事
…or create any disturbance at the house before she leaves.
是的,爵爷
Yes, My Lord.
巴里太太,你好吗?
Ah, Mrs. Barry, how do you do?
真高兴能见到你,葛瑞恩,请进
How nice to see you, Graham. Come in.
谢谢
Thank you.
你收到我的通知了吗?
You, uh…You received my note?
收到了,我们都在等你
Yes, we were expecting you.
太好了,我不想不请自来
Oh, good, I didn’t want to call unannounced.
林登先生,你还好吧?
Mr. Lyndon, how are you feeling?
我好多了,谢谢你,葛瑞恩
I’m feeling much better, thank you, Graham.
请坐
Won’t you sit down?
谢谢你,巴里太太
Thank you, Mrs. Barry.
要喝杯茶吗?
Would you like some tea?
不用了,谢谢你,巴里太太 现在不用
Oh, no! No, thank you, Mrs. Barry. Not just now.
你还好吧,葛瑞恩?
How’s the world treating you, Graham?
还不错
Oh, not too bad.
呃 嗯…
And, uh….
你们还好吗?
Are you comfortable here?
再好不过了
Most comfortable.
太好了
Good, good!
嗯…
Um….
好吧…
Well, uh…
那个…
…shall, uh, ahem….
我们能谈正事了吗?
Shall we get down to the matter at hand?
当然可以
By all means.
好
Yes.
好吧
Well….
林登先生…
Mr. Lyndon…
布林顿子爵要我…
…Lord Bullingdon has instructed me…
提供你终生奉养年金
…to offer you an annuity…
一年五百基尼
…of 500 guineas a year for life.
他的条件是…
Specifically on the condition of your…
你得离开英格兰
…leaving England…
并且保证…
…and to be stopped…
你不会回来
…the instant of your return.
布林顿子爵还要我跟你说
Lord Bullingdon has also asked me to point out to you…
如果你决定留在这里
…that should you decide to remain here…
这个决定会害你…
…your stay would infallibly plunge you…
去坐牢
…into jail.
考量到现在的状况…
As in view of the present circumstances there will soon be…
会有许多人对你提出控告
…innumerable writs taken out against you for…
因为你一直无法清偿债务
…debts long-outstanding…
你的信用破产
…and your credit is so blown that…
应该没办法
…you could not hope…
再借到一毛钱
…to raise a shilling.
身败名裂之后…
Utterly baffled and beaten…
伤心寂寞的人能去哪里?
…what was the lonely and broken-hearted man to do?
他接受年金提议 跟他母亲回到爱尔兰
He took the annuity and returned to Ireland with his mother…
回家去养伤
…to complete his recovery.
后来他到了国外
Sometime later he traveled abroad.
我们无法密切追踪 他之后的生活
His life there, we have not the means of following accurately.
但是他似乎重操旧业当起赌徒
He appears to have resumed his former profession of a gambler…
只是没有之前那么成功
…without his former success.
他再也没见过林登夫人
He never saw Lady Lyndon again.
(支付瑞德蒙巴里五百基尼年金 由我的帐户支出)
(林登夫人)
(尾声)
(上述人物的悲欢…
发生在乔治三世时期
不论好坏、美丑或贫富
现已平等归土)
编导兼制片:史丹利库柏力克
原着小说:威廉梅克皮斯萨克莱
主演:雷恩欧尼尔
主演:玛丽莎贝伦森
主演:派翠克麦基
主演:哈帝克鲁格
主演:史蒂芬贝尔寇夫
主演:凯汉弥顿
主演:玛莉基恩
主演:黛安娜柯纳
主演:莫瑞梅尔文
主演:法兰克米勒马斯
主演:安德烈莫瑞尔
主演:亚瑟欧苏立文
主演:葛弗瑞桂格利
主演:伦纳德罗希特
主演:菲利浦史东
主演:李昂维达利
旁白:麦克霍尔登