主演:雷恩欧尼尔
主演:玛丽莎贝伦森
片名:乱世儿女
(第一部)
(瑞德蒙巴里如何挤身上流社会
成为巴里林登)
两位男士,请举枪
Gentlemen, cock your pistols.
两位
Gentlemen!
巴里的父亲 跟许多有教养家庭的孩子一样
Barry’s father had been bred, like many sons of genteel families…
被调♥教♥成为法律人
…to the profession of the law.
毫无疑问地 他有机会成为业界知名人物
There is no doubt he would’ve made an eminent figure in his profession…
可惜在决斗中身亡
…had he not been killed in a duel…
只因为买♥♥马时跟人起了纠纷
…which arose over the purchase of some horses.
巴里的母亲在丈夫过世后
Barry’s mother, after her husband’s death…
过着努力抵抗流言蜚语的日子
…lived in such a way as to defy slander.
单身时,曾经追求过她的男人
Many a man who had been charmed by the spinster…
现在向守寡的她重新求婚
…renewed his offers to the widow.
但她拒绝所有人的追求
But she refused all proposals of marriage…
宣称她只为儿子
…declaring that she lived only for her son…
跟死去丈夫的回忆而活
…and the memory of her departed saint.
初恋!那能完全改变一个年轻男人
First love! What a change it makes in a lad.
他守着一个天大的秘密
What a magnificent secret it is he carries with him!
男人的心满满都是温柔热情
The tender passion gushes out of a man’s heart.
他的爱如同鸟儿的歌♥唱
He loves as a bird sings…
自然绽放的玫瑰
…or a rose blows from nature.
启拉尼
Killarney.
怎么样?
Now, what shall it be?
转过去面对墙壁
Turn around and face the wall.
巴里心仪的女孩
The object of Barry’s attention…
让他年轻的心起了骚动的…
…and the cause of his early troubles…
就是他的表妹诺拉布莱迪
…was his cousin, Nora Brady by name.
我将领巾藏在我身上某个地方
I have hidden my neck ribbon somewhere on my person.
找到就算你的
If you find it, you can have it.
你爱找哪里都可以
You are free to look anywhere for it.
如果你找不到,我会看不起你
I will think little of you if you do not find it.
我找不到
I cannot find it.
你没有好好找
You haven’t looked properly.
我找不到
I cannot find it.
我给你一个暗示
I’ll give you a hint.
我摸到领巾了
I feel the ribbon.
你为什么在发抖?
Why are you trembling?
我…
At–
我因为找领巾的欢娱而发抖
At the pleasure of finding the ribbon.
骗子
Liar.
士兵们,齐步走!
Company, forward march!
士兵们,向左看!
Company, eyes left!
这时英国情势紧张
About this time the United Kingdom was greatly excited…
深感威胁
…by the threat…
因为法国企图入侵
…of a French invasion.
贵族跟平民
The noblemen and people of condition…
为国尽忠,组成军队
…loyally raised regiments…
抵抗入侵者
…to resist the invaders.
他们鲜红的外套跟神气活现的样子 让巴里非常羡慕
Their scarlet coats and swaggering airs filled Barry with envy.
士兵们,向右看!
Company, eyes right!
布莱迪镇派一个连的兵力
Brady Town sent a company to join…
加入奇威刚军团 指挥官是约翰奎恩上尉
…the Kilwangan Regiment, of which John Quin was the Captain.
全国都积极投入战争准备工作
The whole country was alive with war’s alarms…
在英国各地到处可听到军乐声
…the kingdoms ringing with military music.
预备!
At ready!
举枪!
Present!
射击!
Fire!
瑞德蒙,你到底是怎么了?
Redmond, what is the matter?
你一定要跟奎恩上尉跳五次舞吗?
Were you obliged to dance five times with Captain Quin?
我才不在乎奎恩上尉
I don’t care a fig for Captain Quin.
但他舞跳得不错,是个有趣的人
He dances prettily, and is a pleasant rattle of a man.
他穿上军装真的很帅
He looks well in his regimentals.
他邀请我共舞,我怎么能拒绝?
He asked me to dance. How could I refuse him?
但你拒绝了我
But you refused me.
我随时都能跟你跳舞
I can dance with you any day.
跟表哥一起跳舞 别人会以为我找不到舞伴
To dance with my cousin looks as though I could find no other partner.
而且奎恩上尉是个男人
Besides, Captain Quin is a man.
你只是个身无分文的男孩
You’re only a boy and penniless.
如果我再见到他 你就会知道谁是真正的男人
If I meet him again, you will find out who is the best man.
用剑或用枪,我都会跟上尉决斗
I’ll fight him Captain as he is.
瑞德蒙,别傻了
Oh, don’t be so silly!
我是认真的
I mean it.
但奎恩上尉是众所周知的剽悍军人
But Captain Quin is known as a valiant soldier.
你或许可以打赢乡巴佬
It is mighty well of you to fight yokels…
跟英格兰绅士决斗是完全不同的事
…but to fight an Englishman is a different matter.
你最好找英格兰绅士送你回家
You best have him take you home.
瑞德蒙!
Redmond!
巴里决定不再跟诺拉见面
Barry resolved never to see Nora again.
这样的决心维持了一个星期
But such resolutions, steadfastly held for a whole week…
却因为一时的绝望破了功
…are abandoned in a few moments of despair.
不,诺拉,除了你跟四个女孩
No, Nora, no, except for you and four others…
我真心跟上帝发誓
…I vow before all the gods my heart…
我不曾感受到这样的热情
…has never felt the soft flame.
约翰,男人都是这样
Ah, you men, you men, John…
你们的热情跟女人不同
…your passion’s not equal to ours.
我们像是我看过的植物
We are like some plant I’ve read of.
我们在花朵绽放后便会死去
We bear but one flower and then we die.
你是说你…
You, you, you mean you…
没跟其他男人在一起过?
…never felt an inclination for another?
从来没有,约翰 你怎么能问这样的问题?
Never, my John. How can you ask such a question?
亲爱的诺拉
Oh, darling Norelia!
诺拉的哥哥米克跟尤力克监督着她
Nora was chaperoned by her brothers Mick and Ulick…
事实上他们很高兴
…whose interests would be affected…
她跟奎恩在一起带来的好处
…by the favorable outcome of her affair with Quin.
瑞德蒙,真高兴能见到你
Redmond, how nice to see you.
瑞德蒙
Redmond!
你怎么能这样子对我?
How could you do this to me?
瑞德蒙,到底怎么了?
Redmond, what’s the matter?
你在胡说什么?
What are you saying?
我想我该把东西还给你了
I think this might be the moment to return something to you.

I–
谢谢你,瑞德蒙
Thank you, Redmond.
我一定是忘了
I must have forgotten it.
没错,你忘了,诺拉
Yes, you did.
奎恩上尉 容我介绍我的表哥瑞德蒙巴里
Captain Quin, may I introduce my cousin, Redmond Barry.
布莱迪小姐,看起来
Miss Brady, it would appear…
你们两个有些私事要讨论
…you both have something private to discuss.
我最好先行退下
It would be best for me to withdraw.
奎恩上尉 我跟我表哥没有私事要讨论
Captain Quin, I have nothing private to discuss with my cousin.
布莱迪小姐 看起来你们有很多事要谈
Miss Brady, it appears you have a great deal to discuss.
奎恩上尉 他只是跟着我跑的哈巴狗
Captain Quin, he don’t signify any more than my parrot or lapdog.
没错!
Indeed!
你习惯把私密衣物
Are you in the habit of giving…
送给跟着你跑的哈巴狗吗?
…intimate articles of your clothing to your parrot or lapdog?
我不能把领巾送给我表哥吗?
Mayn’t I give a bit of ribbon to my own cousin?
你当然可以,小姐
You’re welcome, miss.
你爱送多少领巾给男人都可以
As many yards as you like.
淑女一旦送礼物给绅士 就代表其他男人得退让了
When ladies make presents to gentlemen, it’s time for other gentlemen to retire.
祝你们两个幸福美满
I wish you both a good day.
奎恩老兄!
Jack Quin!
发生了什么事?
What’s the matter?
我可以告诉你发生了什么事
I’ll tell you, sir.
我受够了布莱迪小姐 跟爱尔兰做事的方式
I’ve had enough of Miss Brady and your Irish ways.
我真的不习惯
Ain’t used to them.
到底是怎么了?
What is it?
我们可以让你习惯爱尔兰人的方式 或者改用英格兰人的方式
We’ll accustom you to Irish ways, or we’ll adopt English ones.
在英格兰,淑女不会有两个爱人
It is not the English way for ladies to have two lovers.
我要请你们把欠我的钱还给我
And so, I’ll thank you to pay me the sum you owe me.
我收回我跟这位小姐说过的话
And I resign all claims to this young lady.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!