Poor Ruby. She hates me.
可怜的露比 她讨厌我
I breasted her baby.
我给她孩子喂过奶
Pardon? Can you do that?
什么 你做那事
Well, I was baby-sitting and the child was fussing. starving.
我帮她带孩子 孩子因为饿闹脾气
Wouldn’t take the bottle. so I fed him, and he took to me right away.
不要奶瓶喝奶 就喂他了 他立马喜欢我了
But, you know, I think my mistake was… I shouldn’t have told her.
但 我错在 不该告诉她这事
She’s got lactation problems, and she couldn’t appreciate it.
她有点泌乳问题 又不喜欢我喂
And now she won’t let me baby-sit, she won’t let me near her husband,
现在她不要我带孩子 也不让我靠近她丈夫
And I think there’s something strangely paranoid about that, right?
这么做有点太偏执了 是吧
So, dinner. should we go out, or do you want to eat in?
晚餐我们是去外面吃 还是在家吃
Let’s eat in. we’ve had train food all day.
在家吃吧 我们一天都是快餐
Train food.
快餐
Okay, let me think. what do I have?
好吧 让我想想 我有什么东西
Let us get the food. we have a car.
我们去买♥♥吧 我们有车
We can get the groceries. I mean, it’s the least that we can do.
我们去买♥♥吃的 其它忙我们也帮不上
Look at you, so helpful.
你可真贴心
Oh, Burtie. I’m really proud of you, babe.
伯狄 我真为你感到骄傲 宝贝
And I have to say I’m so glad you guys got pregnant so easily.
我很高兴你们这么容易就怀上了
I was concerned when I heard about your tilted uterus.
听说你有子♥宫♥不正 我还很担心
You told her I have a tilted uterus?
你告诉她 我子♥宫♥不正
I don’t know. maybe it was my mom.
不知道 也许是我妈妈说的
Is your tilted uterus a secret?
你子♥宫♥不正是秘密吗
Yeah, my tilted uterus is a fucking secret.
是的 我子♥宫♥不正是该死的秘密
Oh, really, you fucking bitch!
真的吗 你这该死的贱♥人♥
Your fucking uterus is a motherfucking secret?
你♥他♥妈♥的子♥宫♥是该死的秘密
Well, fuck you!
他妈的
You know, it was really nice of you to think of getting them a stroller.
你真好 送他们一辆儿童推车
Yeah. I had no idea how expensive it would be.
我没想到那么贵
I told you.
我告诉过你
No, like, really expensive.
不是 我是说真有那么贵
I know.
我知道
Well, let me just hide this. there we go.
先藏在这儿 来吧
You ready? Yeah.
准备好了吗 是的
You think we got them a good one?
他们会喜欢我们的礼物吗
You, too.
你也是
Oh, fabulous. great.
太好了 太棒了
If you don’t mind, there are slippers just there.
如果不介意 那有拖鞋可以换
Just any of these?
哪一双都可以吗
I like those.
我喜欢这双
Go get the stroller.
去拿推车吧
Okay.
好
We brought you something.
我们给你买♥♥了件东西
Oh, my god. how…
天
Oh, my god.
天
Okay, all right, I’m sorry.
好吧 对不起
Why don’t we just put it on the porch?
我们为什么不把它放在门外
Okay.
好
They had it in blue. but…
它原来是蓝色的 但
Just a little further away.
再推远点
Okay.
好
All right, come on.
好了 来吧
Okay.
好
Let’s go upstairs and meet Roderick.
我们上楼去 见见Roderick
Okay.
好
Honey.
亲爱的
I don’t think we’ve met.
我想我们没见过
Oh, yes, we have.
我们见过
Burning man, ’97.
在97年举♥行♥的烧人节上
This is a big bed.
这床真大
We are a continuum home.
我们是统一体家庭
What is that? Continuum?
什么 统一体
Continuum?
统一体
Yes.
是的
Continuum.
统一体
Yes.
是的
The continuum movement recognizes that
统一行动认为
The world will give your baby plenty
世界即使在美好时光
Of alienation and despair in good time,
也会给你的孩子带来疏远和失望
So while we can, we should hold them close.
所以只要可以 我们都紧紧地抱着他们
So, it’s the 3 “s’s,” no separation, no sugar, no strollers.
3S原则 不分离 不吃糖 不坐手推车
They gave us a stroller.
他们送了辆手推车给我们
What is wrong with strollers?
送手推车有错吗
Burts, I love my babies.
伯斯 我爱我的孩子们
Why would I want to push them away from me?
为什么我要把他们推开
And you wonder why this country is so dysfunctional.
你不明白为什么这个国家这么奇怪
Because of strollers?
是因为手推车吗
Mama,
作为母亲
In this house we carry our babies.
在这个家里 我们会抱着孩子
We hold them close.
紧紧地抱着他们
What about sleeping?
那睡觉怎么办
This is where they sleep. we practice family bed.
他们就睡在这儿 一家人睡一张床
So what if the two of you want to,
如果你们俩想
You know? be alone?
单独待会儿 怎么办
Do you go out to the car?
要去车上吗
No, Verona.
不 瓦罗娜
We don’t go out to the car.
我们不去车上
Are you planning on hiding your lovemaking from your kids?
难道你想背着你的孩子做♥爱♥吗
Are you guys making love?
你们做♥爱♥吗
It can be so great in the 6th month.
怀孕6个月时做♥爱♥ 感觉很棒的
And it is so important to expose your kids to sexuality,
让你的孩子接触性行为 是很重要的
Especially in utero.
特别是他们还在子♥宫♥里时
Do you know what it does to a child
你知道吗 对孩子来说
To have their parents’ expression of love kept a secret?
不让他们知道父母怎么表达爱 会怎样吗
No.
不知道
Oh! well, that’s why I have an electra complex.
所以我有恋父情结
Oh, babe.
宝贝
It is okay.
没关系
Which one’s that, again?
什么 能再说一遍吗
I think that is when a woman wants to do her father.
就是 一个女人想和父亲那个
Do you mean “oedipal complex”?
你指恋母情结吗
Don’t… don’t try and diagnose me, Verona.
不要想分♥析♥我 瓦罗娜
Why the seahorses, Rod?
为什么到处都是海马 rod
In the seahorse community,
在海马社会
The males give birth.
雄性承担繁殖工作
The female inserts her ovipositor into the male’s brood pouch.
雌性将产卵管插♥进♥雄性的育儿囊
That’s where she deposits her eggs.
将卵产在里面
If I could,
如果可以
I would lay my eggs in your brood pouch.
我会把卵子放进你的囊里
I know you would.
我知道你会的
Don’t…
不行
Don’t, don’t, don’t.
不行 不行 不行
So, have you chosen a doula?
选好助产士了吗
I already had one. a little weird, but good.
我已经吃了一个 味道有点怪 但还不错
A doula, Burtie, not a dolma.
是助产士 伯狄 不是羊肉包
We are not using a doula.
我们没用助产士
Really? who is your midwife?
真的吗 那谁来接生
Oh, no, no. midwives and doulas are for when the husband is clueless
助产士和接生婆是丈夫不知所措才用的
Or doesn’t want to be involved.
或者丈夫不想插手时用
And I’m neither of those things.
我不属于这两者
I’m really looking forward to being involved.
我很期待接生
That’s great, Burtie. I totally understand, and I think that’s great,
太棒了 伯狄 我明白 真是太棒了
But don’t you think Verona might want someone there
可是你想过吗 也许瓦罗娜希望有个
Who really understands the female experience?
有经验的人在场
Oh! there’s this great Simone De Beauvoir quote.
伟大的西蒙娜·德·波伏瓦 说过一句
I can’t remember the book, but I’ll find it for you.
我不记得书名了 不过我会找给你
It’s something like, “one is not born, but becomes, a woman.”
这句话是 一个人不是生来就是女人
What does that have to do with…
这和生育有关吗
But it is worth it.
生育很值得
The pain is so enlightening. and now, having experienced childbirth,
疼痛很有启发 经历了生育后
I watch cnn and I really feel like I understand war.
再看CNN的报道 我就可以理解战争