你知道音符吗
Do you know your notes?
我以前从没见他们那样过
I’ve never seen them like that before.
“每个好男孩都做得很好” 在歌♥词里
“every good boy does fine” on the lines.
在中间有f a c e
And “f, a, c, e” in between.
“优秀大狗与动物战斗”
And “great big dogs fight animals.”
“所有的车都吃油” 明白了吗
And “all cars eat gas.” get it?
你真像个天使
You’re like an angel.
好了 我得走了
Okay. I gotta go.
得去学校了
Gotta go to school.
我能借用一下吗
Can I borrow this?
以后吧
Later.
上帝
Holy…
J 牧师
Reverend j!
你不回家相信这个的 J 牧师 快来
You’re not gonna believe this, reverend j. come quick.
-慢点 -你得看看发生了什么
– slow down, hope. – you’ve gotta see what’s happened.
记得在音乐欣赏课上有一节关于莫扎特的吗
Remember in music appreciation we had a class on mozart?
记得
Yes.
记得你说他就像音乐才子吗
Remember you said he was like a musical pod?
-奇才 -确实如此
– prodigy. – exactly.
好吧 我们其中之一了 他就住在我的下铺
Well, I have one of those, and he’s living under my bed.
所以我给他看了 当我回来的时候
So I showed him the scales and when I came home, he was…
杰弗里先生 你好 又是莱拉·诺瓦切克
Mr. jeffries, hi, it’s lyla novacek again.
我只是来看看
I was just checking in.
好的 我了解
Right, I understand.
你知道 要是有任何的信息或者
You know, if there’s any more information or…
对 就打电♥话♥
Yeah, just call.
我记住了
I’ll take it.
你想你会待多久
How long do you think you’ll be staying?
看进展境况
As long as it takes.
对不起
Sorry.
我不知道 莉斯 就像
I don’t know, lizzy, it’s like…
我刚醒过来
…i just woke up…
我应该再开始弹的
…and I should start playing again.
我应该弹
I should play.
我知道听起来很疯狂 但是他也许会听到
I know it sounds crazy, but maybe he’ll hear me.
嘿 马歇尔 是我
Hey, marshall. it’s me.
我在纽约
I’m in new york.
乐队是不是还差一个疯狂的康纳利
Is the band still minus one mad connelly brother?
你们大家能在这 真是太棒了 知道吗
Having you guys here, it’d be great, you know?
只是这么想
Just an idea.
嘿 弗兰克 是路易斯
Hey, frank. it’s louis.
路易斯·康纳利
Louis connelly.
和
And?
几年前我和我的乐队在这儿演奏
I played here with me band a couple of years ago.
好吧 大概10年以前
Well, about 10 years ago.
嘿 听着 弗兰克
Hey, hey, listen, frank.
我要给你弹首歌♥ 好吗 就一首
I’m gonna play you one song, all right? just one song.
如果你不喜欢它 你可以把我丢出去
And if you don’t like it, you can throw me out.
你给我们带来了一个天才 牧师
You brought us a prodigy, reverend.
-他是个秘密 -这儿 这个好脾气的键盘
– he is a mystery. – here in the “well-tempered clavier”…
迪恩 我觉得他是个天使
Dean, I thought he was an angel.
那儿都还没有奥古斯特·若什的专辑呢
There’s no record of an august rush anywhere.
这是基础 从一个非常简单 有序的和♥弦♥开始
It’s about foundation, starting with a very simple, orderly chord.
莱拉 放松一点
Lyla, just relax.
-这一首 -你给自己的压力太大了
– this piece. – you’re pushing yourself too hard.
我不知道自己能否完成
I don’t know if I can do this.
你是在和爱乐团体一起演奏
You’re playing with the philharmonic.
太棒了
That’s great.
好吧 我们继续吧
Okay, let’s keep going.
从C大和♥弦♥开始 然后变到g和♥弦♥
Start with a c-major chord, then a modulation to g.
过了g和♥弦♥就回到c和♥弦♥ 非常简单
Once we get to g, we go back to c, very simple.
所以我们要用c g c
And we have c, g, c.
一开始 c大和♥弦♥
At the very beginning, c-major chord.
我们把这个无序的发展推到微妙的g大和♥弦♥
We have this chaotic evolution into a remote g-major.
c大和♥弦♥ 然后到a g
C-major chord, then move into a g.
这是什么奥古斯特
What’s this, august?
第五段渐弱 先生
The diminished fifth, sir.
键在这要变化
Key change here.
然后和着圆号♥升高
And then the rise with those round horns, the oboes…
双簧管加进弦乐的断奏快板
…into the allegro staccato strings.
若什先生
Mr. rush.
-对不起 -奥古斯特 你为什么要道歉
– I’m sorry. – why are you apologizing, august?
有时我不好好听
Sometimes I don’t listen well…
也不好好做布置的作业
…and I don’t do the homework like I’m supposed to.
好吧 我确定将来你会做得更好的
Well, I’m sure you’ll do better in the future.
纽约爱乐乐团要开一个音乐会
The new york philharmonic orchestra is having a concert.
在这个学校的历史上我们还没有让一年级新生表演过
In the history of this school we have never performed the work of a first-year student…
更不用说你这年纪的
…and certainly no one of your age.
但现在 我们已经问过他们是否能演奏你的狂想曲
But now, we’ve asked them if they could perform your rhapsody.
你愿意吗
Would you like that?
呃 好的 好的
Well, good. good.
有多少人能听到
How many people will hear it?
呃 那会在中♥央♥公园演出 在大草坪上
Well, it would be performed in central park, on the great lawn.
一百个人
A hundred?
多得多 数千人
Much more. thousands.
好的 因为我要给很多人演奏 很多 很多
Okay. because I need to play it to a lot of people. lots and lots.
我们来看看能帮点什么忙
We’ll see what we can do to help.
奥古斯特 有位音乐家会表演 而你会在最后上场
August, three artists will be performing and you will be featured last.
你是怎么做的
How do you do it?
你怎么会富有音乐的灵感
How does the music come to you?
我只是听到
I just hear it.
有时我醒过来 它就在那了
Sometimes I wake up and it’s there…
当我在街上走的时候也能听到
…or I hear it when I’m walking down the street.
就像有人召唤着我
It’s like someone’s calling out to me.
把它全部写下来就好像我在回忆他们
Writing it all down is like I’m calling back to them.
谁
Who?
赋予我音乐灵感的人
The ones who gave me the music.
-你确定你已经准备好了 路易斯 -你呢
– you sure you’re ready for this, louis? – are you?
好哇 奥古斯特!
Bravo, august!
好极了!
Good one!
奥古斯特 你真是难得一见的人才
August, boy, you’re a hard guy to find.
我到处找你呢
Been looking everywhere for you.
抱歉先生 你打断了我们的排练
Excuse me. you’re interrupting a rehearsal here.
-对 排练 对吧 -请问你是
– yeah, rehearsal, right. – and you are?
过来 儿子
Come here to me, son.
过来
Come here.
他们对你做了什么?
What’d they do to you?
没什么
Nothing.
这些家伙偷走了你的灵魂
These people can steal your soul.
先生 无论你是谁 都没有这权利
Sir, whomever you are, you don’t have the right.
我是他父亲 我什么权利都有 懂吗
I’m his father, all right? I have every right.
我现在带你回家 走吧
I’ll take you home now. come on.
但我有场演出 而且我喜欢这
But I have a concert. I like it here.
-他可不是个普通的孩子 -你认为我不知道
– he’s a remarkable boy… – you don’t think I know that?
你做了些什么 你只是把他从大街上弄到这 这就是你的权利
What’d you do, you just snatched him up off the street? that gives you the right?
等等 我们在这儿教他音乐
Wait a moment, we’ve been teaching him here.
你做了些什么
What are you gonna do?
用传统理论和规定来约束他
Fill his head with classical theory and rules?
书本上学习不到音乐
You can’t learn music from books.
音乐无处不在
It’s out there.
你教他
You teach him?
是他教你吧
He teaches you.
你得向他学习
You learn from him.
我向你保证 若什先生 每天都如此
We are. I assure you, mr. rush, every day.
你应该和家人呆在一起 走吧
You should be with family. come on.
若什先生 请不要这样
Mr. rush, please.
你知不知道明晚的音乐会对奥古斯特有多重要吗
Do you have any idea of the importance of the concert tomorrow night, for 有august?
奥古斯特 等等 听我说
August. wait, listen.
你必须跟我说实话 这真的是你父亲吗
You gotta tell me right now, is this man really your father?
你对我说实话
You can tell me the truth.