“位于亚特兰斯特的小岛 在整整一天一夜的灾难后消失在深海里” ——柏拉图, 公元前360年
各位先生 午安
Good afternoon, gentlemen.
首先 我要先谢谢各位抽空来听我的解说
First off, I’d like to thank this board for taking the time to hear my proposal.
我想大家都听过 亚特兰蒂斯的传说
Now, we’ve all heard of the legend of Atlantis,
这失落在大西洋某处的大♥陆♥
a continent somewhere in the mid-Atlantic
是先进文明的起源
that was home to an advanced civilization,
它的科技也远超过我们的想像
possessing technology far beyond our own,
根据我们的朋友 柏拉图的说法
that, according to our friend Plato here,
它遭遇大灾难
was suddenly struck by some cataclysmic event
沉入海底
that sank it beneath the sea.
你们可能会问 为什么是它
Now, some of you may ask, why Atlantis?
这只是神话
It’s just a myth, isn’t it?
只是一个幻想
Pure fantasy.
不 听好 你们这么想就错了
Well, that is where you’d be wrong.
在埃及人建造金字塔之前一万年
10,000 years before the Egyptians built the pyramids,
亚特兰蒂斯就有电力 先进的医药
Atlantis had electricity, advanced medicine,
甚至飞行能力 很不可能 是吧
even the power of flight. Impossible, you say?
不 不 他们不觉得
Well, no. No, not for them.
全世界有许多古文明都认同
Numerous ancient cultures all over the globe agree
亚特兰蒂斯有某种能源
that Atlantis possessed a power source of some kind
比蒸气 煤 更有力
more powerful than steam, than coal.
比现代蒸汽引擎更强
More powerful than our modern internal combustion engines.
各位 我建议去找亚特兰蒂斯
Gentlemen, I propose that we find Atlantis,
找到那个能源
find that power source,
把它带回海面
and bring it back to the surface.
现在 这里有一本书
Now, this is a page from an illuminated text
牧羊人日志 其中一页
that describes a book called The Shepherd’s Journal,
据说 是第一手记录
said to have been a firsthand account of Atlantis
列出它真正的地点
and its exact whereabouts.
根据挪威文献记载
Now, based on a centuries-old translation of a Norse text,
历史学家相信 这本日志在爱尔兰
historians have believed the Journal resides in Ireland.
但是 跟这个维京盾牌的字母
But after comparing the text
比较后
to the runes on this Viking shield,
我发现 有一个字母翻译错误
I found that one of the letters had been mistranslated.
所以 改掉并换上
So, by changing this letter
正确的字母后
and inserting the correct one,
我们发现 牧羊人日志
we find that The Shepherd’s Journal, the key to Atlantis,
也就是亚特兰蒂斯的关键 不在爱尔兰 各位
lies not in Ireland, gentlemen,
而是在 冰岛
but in Iceland.
暂停 看反应
Pause for effect.
各位 你们可以发问了
Gentlemen, I’ll take your questions now.
对不起 恕我失陪
Would you gentlemen please excuse me for a moment?
我是绘图及语言学家迈罗戴奇
Cartography and Linguistics, Milo Thatch speaking.
好 请等一下
Yeah. Just a second.
对不起了 面具先生
Pardon me, Mr. Hickenbottom.
你怎样 好点了吗
How’s that? Is that better?
不客气
Yeah. You’re welcome.
-我不希望这种事再发生 -好 拜
-And don’t let it happen again. -All right, bye.
现在 你们大家可以看到
Now, as you can see by the…
我画的这个地图
By this map…
地图
Map that…
我画的这个地图
That I’ve drawn, I plotted the route
我画出了让我和远征小组
that will take myself and a crew
可以到冰岛南岸 找这本书的路线
to the southern coast of Iceland to retrieve the Journal.
该上场了
Showtime.
喔 时候到了
Well, this is it.
终于可以离开这个地牢了
I am finally getting out of the dungeon.
亲爱的戴奇先生 本信是通知你
“Dear Mr. Thatch, this is to inform you”
今天的会议 从下午四点半提前至三点半
“that your meeting today has been moved up from 4:30 p.m. To 3:30 p.m.”
什么
What?
戴奇先生由于你的缺席
“Dear Mr. Thatch, due to your absence,”
董事会决定驳回你的提议
“the board has voted to reject your proposal.”
祝周未愉快 哈克先生办公室
“Have a nice weekend. Mr. Harcourt’s office.”
他们不能这样子对我
They can’t do this to me!
我敢说 小戴奇越来越疯狂了
I swear, that young Thatch gets crazier every year.
如果我再听到 亚特兰蒂斯这个字眼
If I ever hear the word “Atlantis” again,
我就跑去撞公车
I’ll step in front of a bus.
我会推你去
I’ll push you.
-哈克先生 -天啊
-Mr. Harcourt! -Good Lord!
-他来了 -董事们 等等
-There he is! -Members of the board… Wait.
-你是怎么找到我们的 -哈克先生 等等
-How did you find us? -Mr. Harcourt, wait!
别挡路
Head for the hills!
需要警卫的时候 怎么半个都找不到
Where is a guard when you need him?
哈克先生 你一定得听我说
Mr. Harcourt, you gotta listen to me, sir!
先生
Sir?
哈克先生 等一下
Wait! Mr. Harcourt!
先生 我有新的证据… 拜托 哈克先生
Sir, I have new evidence that… Please, Mr. Harcourt!
停 先生 请帮我拿一下
Stop! Sir, if you… Could you hold…
你看这个
Thank you very much. Look at…
我们博物馆 根据事实来赞助科学探险
This museum funds scientific expeditions
不是根据民间故事
based on facts, not legends and folklore.
再说 我们需要你在这里
Besides, we need you here.
-我们需要你啊 -真的
-We depend on you. -You do?
是啊 冬天就快来了
Yes. What with winter coming,
锅炉需要照顾啊
that boiler’s going to need a lot of attention.
-锅炉 -海因斯 走了
-Boiler? -Onward, Heinz!
但是 有本日志
But there… There’s a journal!
那是在冰岛 我这次非常确定
It’s in Iceland! I’m sure of it this time!
先生 我真的希望不会变成这样
Sir, I really hoped it wouldn’t come to this,
但是 但是 这是我的辞职信
but this is a letter of resignation.
如果你拒绝我的建议 我就
If you reject my proposal, I’ll…
我就辞职
I’ll quit!
我是说真的
I mean it, sir.
如果你拒绝我的建议
If you refuse to fund my proposal…
你就怎么样
You’ll what?
跟你爷爷一样
Flush your career down the toilet,
就这么毁了你的事业
just like your grandfather?
迈罗 你还有潜力
You have a lot of potential, Milo.
不要胡思乱想 做什么白日梦
Don’t throw it all away chasing fairy tales.
但我能证明亚特兰蒂斯存在啊
But I can prove Atlantis exists!
你想出发去探险
You want to go on an expedition?
去啊 搭马车随便找条河往下跳
Here. Take a trolley to the Potomac and jump in!
也许河水能洗清你的脑袋 海因斯
Maybe the cold water will clear your head. Heinz!
我回来了
I’m home.
毛毛 你在哪儿啊
Fluffy? Here, kitty.
你是迈罗戴奇吗
Milo James Thatch?
你 你是谁 你怎么进来的
Who… Who are you? How did you get in here?
我从烟囱下来
I came down the chimney.
我叫海嘉辛克莱
My name is Helga Sinclair.
我是代表我的老板来的
I’m acting on behalf of my employer,
他对你有个非常吸引人的建议
who has a most intriguing proposition for you.
你有兴趣吗
Are you interested?
你 你的老板
Your employer?
你的老板是谁
Who is your employer?
迈罗先生 这边请
This way, please.
别把水滴在卡拉瓦齐
And don’t drip on the Caravaggio.
的画上
Step lively.
韦摩先生最不喜欢等人
Mr. Whitmore does not like to be kept waiting.
你要叫他韦摩先生 或先生
You will address him as “Mr. Whitmore” or “sir.”
你得站着 除非他请你坐
You will stand unless asked to be seated.
讲话要简洁 回答重点
Keep your sentences short and to the point.
清楚吗
Are we clear?
别紧张
And relax.
他又不会 吃了你
He doesn’t bite… often.
爷爷
Grandpa?
我见过的最棒的探险家
Finest explorer I ever met.
普斯顿韦摩 很高兴见到你 迈罗
Preston Whitmore. Pleasure to meet you, Milo.
要不要一起做瑜咖
Join me in a little yoga?
不 谢了
No, no. Thank you.
你真的认识我爷爷
Did you really know my grandfather?
是啊 我在乔治城认识老塞迪斯

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!