and there’s nothing to keep you here, is there?
怎么会想到要离开的? 只是心血来潮罢了
– My one wish is to get away.
– You know, it came over me like an
干吗在这里等离婚? 在乡间不是也一样吗?
absolute inspiration. Why should we
go on waiting here for the divorce?
我觉得这件事不能再影响我的生活了
I’ve made up my mind that it
shan’t influence my life anymore.
你同意吗? 同意
– Do you agree? – Oh, yes.
那个宴会怎么样?
Well, how was your dinner party?
晚饭不错
Oh, the dinner was first-rate
扒船比赛精彩悦目
and the boat race and all that quite enjoyable.
我们几时启程?
Well, when are we off?
越快越好
The sooner the better.
明天不行,后天走吧
We can’t get off tomorrow, I’m afraid,
后天我们还没有准备好啊
but we could be ready the day after.
我一刻也不想多等了
Oh, no. Wait a moment.
不,后天是星期日,我要见妈妈
The day after tomorrow is Sunday, and I have to see mama.
明天去见她吧 不,我要去见律师谈些公事
– You could go there tomorrow.
– No, I’m going there on business
那笔钱明天还未能准备好
to do with the power of attorney,
and the money won’t be ready tomorrow.
那我们不要走了
In that case, then, we won’t go at all.
我要星期一走,否则就不走了
I won’t go any later! Monday or not at all!
干吗?简直不合情理
Why? There’s no sense in that.
你看不出原委…
You see no sense in it because…
因为你不关心我
because you care nothing for me.
你似乎不在乎我的处境
You seem unable to see my position.
你以为我困在斗室里会有什么感受
How do you think I feel cooped up in these rooms?
你就自♥由♥自在 对,是自♥由♥自在
But you are free. Yes, you are free,
你如果不再爱我就坦白说吧
and if you don’t love me anymore, that
would be better and more honest to say so.
你真的令我无法忍♥受
Oh, really! This is becoming unbearable!
我的忍♥耐是有限度的
Why do you try my patience? It has its limits.
你这是什么意思?
What do you mean by that?
我的意思是…
I mean…
你究竟想我怎么样?
I mean, well, what do you want of me?
我不想你对我始乱终弃
What I want is that you should not desert
me as you are thinking of doing.
不,不是这样,我想得到你的爱
No. I don’t want that. What I want is your love,
但你对我的情意已经随风而逝
but it has gone, so it is all over.
慢着 慢 慢!
Wait. Wait. Wait!
这究竟是怎么一回事?
What is this all about?
我只想说我们过三天才动身
I said that me must put off our departure
for a matter of 3 days,
你竟指责我撒谎,无情无义
and you, Anna, sit by accusing me of
lying and being dishonorable.
你母亲的想法,我已经不在乎
It is a matter of complete indifference to me
what your mother thinks and whom she
我知道她希望你娶谁才会…
wants to marry you to.
我们不是谈这个问题
But we’re not talking about that.
我肯定完全是
Precisely about that!
我倒了解那个苏诺王妃
I know all about that little princess Sorokina,
没良心的女人
and let me tell you, a heartless woman.
即使是你母亲 对我都无关紧要了
Be she old or not old, your mother or
anyone else is of no consequence to me,
我倒不想再和她有什么瓜葛了
and I do not want to have anything to do with her.
我不准你出言不逊,抨击家母
I will not have you speak disrespectfully of my mother.
我的容忍♥是有限度的
There’s a limit to my endurance.
我♥干♥吗当日不死去呢?
Why didn’t I die?
马斯卡要吃你的香蕉了
Mashka is going to eat your banana!
那封电报是谁拍来的?
Who is that telegram from?
史蒂华 我可以看看吗?
– It’s from Stiva. – Can I see it?
是拍给我的
It is addressed to me.
他有什么要隐瞒我?
What secrets can Stiva have from me?
我不想你看因为他老是乱拍电报
I don’t want you to see it because
Stiva has a passion for wiring.
事情未解决就拍发电报
Why telegraph when nothing is settled?
他说…
He wires:
“一无所得,肯定快有答复了”
Could get nothing out of him.
Promises definite answer soon.
你自己读吧
Read it yourself.
“希望渺茫,我会倾尽全力”
Little hope, and I’ll do everything
possible and impossible.
我不再在乎离婚的事了 这种事犯不着隐瞒我
I don’t care about the divorce anymore,
And there was not the slightest necessity to hide this from me.
我只想确定我的身份
I just want things to be definite.
你未能确定身份,才会心情焦燥
I am sure your irritability is due to
the uncertainty of your position.
苏诺郡主何以拍这封电报
And why did princess Sorokina deliver this telegram?!
不是她拍的
She did not.
你还熟睡时电报早就到了
This arrived earlier while you were sleeping.
家母的钱和文件都在郡主那里
Princess Sorokina came with the money
and the documents from my mother.
我昨天没有拿到
I couldn’t get them yesterday.
我并非想拖延我们的出发日期
I didn’t want anything to delay our departure?
顺便问问
By the way,
我们真的明天启程?
we are definitely going tomorrow, aren’t we?
是你启程
You are…
不是我
but not me.
安娜 我们不可以再这样了
Ana, we can’t go on like this.
是你不可以,不是我
You are, but not I!
真是不可理喻
This is intolerable!?
你这样对我,总有一天会后悔的
You will be sorry for this.
主啊!原谅我所有的错吧
God, forgive me everything.
这是前线最新消息
I have here…the latest dispatch… from the front!
伊♥斯♥兰♥教♥徒♥已经被驱逐
The infidel muslims have been driven back!
我们要去前线增援
We russians…have flown to help
我们的塞尔维亚斯拉夫兄弟
our Serbian Slavonic brothers,
我们的基♥督♥徒
our fellow Christians!
佛洛斯基伯爵
Count Vronsky?
你不想见我,可以直言
Perhaps you’d rather not have seen me.
If so, please don’t hesitate to say.
我可以找另一个同胞的
I can always find another compartment.
不,请坐
No. Please.
战争对我来说是一个恩赐
The Serbian war is a blessing for me.
身为男人我的生命已毫无意义
As a man I have the merit that my
life is of no value to me.
我高兴的是战争能助我弃此残生
I’m glad there’s something for which I may
lay down the life which isn’t simply useless, but loathsome to me.
谁来取我的命也可以
Anyone is welcome to it.
我明白你忍♥受着可怕的事
I know the dreadful thing you have suffered,
但我希望你不再有这种人生观
But I beg you not to continue
on this course you are following.
我想尽俄♥国♥人兼基♥督♥徒的责任
I am doing my duty as a Russian… and a Christian.
请你听我把话说完吧
Please, hear me out.
我只见过你的女人一次
I saw your lady only once.
当日希望和她谈谈,但结果没有
I wish I’d spoken up then, but I did not.
所以我现在更不能保持缄默
Which is why I cannot remain silent now.
自从家兄身故
Ever since the death of my brother,?
我一直找寻答案:
All I have been searching for are
answers to questions like,
我是什么人? 我为何而生?
what am I? , why am I here? “What am I living for?”
突然豁然开朗
When, suddenly, it all became clear to me.
其实我自出娘胎便与真理同行
I’d been living on spiritual truths
that I’d drunk in with my mother’s milk,
只是我浑然不觉
but I’d never acknowledged them.
我天生就有明辩是非之心
I know what is right and wrong.
好像是上天赋予
I wasn’t taught this.
我从来没有新的发现 我只须睁开眼睛就会知道
It was given to me, as it is to everyone. I discovered nothing.
I merely opened my eyes to what I knew.
对我来说,已经太迟了
For me it is too late.
我不配做男人,只配去当军人
As a man, I am finished. As a weapon,
I may be of some use.
别鄙视我
Don’t think ill of me.
我已经失去了太多
I have lost too much.
我只求能够缅怀她…
All I ask is to be able
to remember Anna as she once was…
缅怀初次相逢时的她
when I first met her.
但我无法在脑海中再现那可怕的一刹
I try to bring back those moments, but I cannot.
我无法再现她的容颜
I cannot see her face.
我只看到她躺在那… 在火车轨上被人抬起
I can only see her laid out in the railway shed
where they took her.
她当时…
She was…
那种崭新感受并没有改变我
This newfeeling has not changed me.