But is it love?
她这算是诚恳吗?
My friend, is it sincere?
我们应该伤害弱小心灵吗?
Have we the right to toy with the
feelings of that little angel?
他以为母亲已死
He thinks she’s dead,
还替她祈祷呢
and he prays for hern
他还恳求上帝宽恕她的罪孽
and besieges God have mercy on her sins,
他以为她死了更好
and it is…better.
安娜女士
Madame,
关于欲见令郎一事
to remind your son of yous
恐防引致连串问题,难以解释
Might lead to questions on his part
which it would be impossible to answer.
尊夫已经断然拒绝
I beg you to interpret your husband’s refusal
谨此奉告,顺祝近安
in the spirit of Christian love.
我把安娜与我的事视为婚姻
I am here to tell you that I look upon my
union with Madame Karenina as marriage.
你们喜欢我,就必须爱屋及乌
If you wish to be on good terms with me
then you must be on good terms with her.
身为我们最好的朋友
Our intimate friendsc
一定要承认我们的结合是真诚的
can and must look at it in the proper light.
我很高兴你回国
I for one am so glad you are back.
移居后你一定会觉得此地沉闷
I can imagine how horrible our
Petersburg must seem to you after your delightful travels.
解决离婚的事了吗?
How about the divorce? Is that all settled?
我在等安娜处理
I’m only waiting for Karenin.
人们定会抨击我
People will throw stones at me, I know,
但我要见安娜
but I shall come and see Anna.
我会独排众议
I will ignore the conventions,
但人家在你俩结婚之前
but other starchy people will give you the cold shoulder
都很难接受你
until you are married, .
现在的局面就是这么简单
And that’s so simple nowadays.
我不能请她到我家,我有女儿嘛
Of course, I cannot invite her to my
home. I have daughters growing up.
你怎么可以说这种话?
How can you say that.
大家都知道你是杜殊的情妇
When everyone knows you were Tushkevich’s mistress?
你竟敢这样比较!
How dare you make comparisons?
乖孩子
Aliosha, darling,
你的德行有亏呀!
You hardly have the moral high ground.
莫斯科 一八八三年冬季
(Moscow, Winter 1883)
接医生来,要分娩了
The doctor. It’s time?
你没事吧
Are you all right?
出去呀!
Get out of here, Kostya! Go!
主啊!,请救助我们
Lord have mercy on us and help us.
是个男的
A boy too!
你放心吧
You may ease your mind.
母子平安
All is well.
让宝宝见见父亲吧
Show him to his Papa!
婴儿出生时都是这样子的
That’s how they are when they come out.
这个算标致的了
This one is a beauty.
梭奥沙
Seriozha…
乖孩子
my darling.
妈妈
Mama!
他们对我说你已经死
They told me you were dead.
你不会相信吧
You didn’t believe it, my precious.
我从来都不相信
I never believed it!
不行啊!你怎么可以让她进来的
Oh no, you’d never have let her in!
少奶十年来都对我们很好哇
Ten year’s service and nothing but kindness from her,
你得马上把她撵走
and you’d have got up and shown her the door.
老爷一醒来,你可就要拿着包袱走人了
He’ll get up presently and you will be out on the streets.
别走,爹不会来的
Don’t go. He won’t come just yet.
孩子你要痛爱你爹哟
Seriozha, my darling, you must love him?
他比我好,我犯了错 你长大后就会明白
He’s better than I am, and I have been wicked to him.
安娜,请
When you’re grown up, you will understand.
妈妈,别走
Don’t go. Mama!
滚吧,我们的家门不容你进来
Get out! Our door is closed to you!
你抛夫弃子,这里不欢迎你
You’re not welcome here! You deserted your son!
安娜小产后服食的鸦♥片♥酊
The laudanum prescribed for Ana
after the loss of her child
现在用来减低失掉儿子的痛楚
Now became the opiate used to
deaden the pain of Seriozha’s loss.
我♥干♥嘛不能去?
Why shouldn’t I go?
你倒可以去
You are going.
没什么理由可言
Oh, of course, there’s no reason whatever.
我也懂得这样解释
That’s exactly what I say.
你有什么不对劲?
Anna, for heaven’s sake, what has come over you?
我不明白你的用意
I don’t understand what you mean.
你明知自己不能到剧院去
You know you can’t go into the opera.
干吗不能?
Why not?
我又不是独个儿去
I’m not going alone.
我会和维华拉王妃去
I’m… I’m going with princess Varvara.
维华拉王妃…
Princess Varvara…
她好比高级妓♥女♥
Is little more than a courtesan.
她并不比其他名门淑女差
She’s no worse than the others.
况且我对做过的事并不感到羞耻
Besides, I am not ashamed of what I have done.
我爱上你,也没有感到羞耻
I’m not ashamed of my love for you.
你陪谁去剧院?
And whom are you accompanying?
陪我母亲
My mother.
你倒陪了你母亲很多次
You’ve been out with your mother quite a bit lately.
她是我母亲嘛
Anna, she is my mother.
听说你母亲常与苏诺王妃做伴
I hear your mother has taken on
princess Sorokina as a companion.
你娶她就会令你母亲开心
Why don’t you make your mother happy and marry her?
我对她绝无兴趣
Anna, I have not the slightest interest in princess Sorokina.
你可知道我的感受吗?
How do you think that makes me feel?
什么感受?
What?
我该有什么感受呢?
How am I supposed to feel?
你晚上总是陪着一个漂亮的少女
You spend your evenings with a pretty young girl.
而且你把我蒙在鼓里
What do I know? Only what you tell me.
你居然不信任我?
Oh, you don’t trust me?
我♥干♥吗不可以去?
Why can’t I go out?
我爱你,只要你没有变心
I love you, and nothing else matters to me.
我什么都不在乎了
So long as you haven’t changed…
只要你依然爱我就行了
As long as you still love me.
你看看我
Oh, look at me.
我们只要你办妥离婚手续
All we need is the divorce.
我知道你处境艰难
I know how difficult your situation must be until then,
别把事情恶化了,求你不要去了
but, please, don’t make matters worse.
Please, please, don’t go.
就依你的话留下来吧
Oh, I’ll stay, as you wish.
苏诺王妃
Princess Sorokina.
你母亲要见你
Your mama is asking for you.
妈,您好
Good evening, mama.
我迟到了,很抱歉
I’m sorry to be late.
你能够来就好了
Well, you’re here now, and that’s all that matters.
你失掉孩子了 你这个妓♥女♥
You’re not worthy of him.
You’ve lost your child! You’re a whore.
你是个妓♥女♥!
You’re a whore!
你失掉他了!
You deserted him!
妈妈
Mama.
你把我逼到这样的境地了
Excuse me. You seem to be putting me
in the position of defendant. I was given
你知道如果我留下儿子 安娜就会拒绝离婚
to understand that Anna declines a
divorce if I insist on keeping the boy.
我深知离婚无望了
I replied to her in that sense
and considered the matter closed.
卡列♥宁♥,我知道你是一个好人
Alexei Alexandrovich, you are a good man.
替她设身处地想一想
Put yourself in her position for a moment.
她已经搬到莫斯科去住了
She’s moved to Moscow.
她在那儿半载,一直等你作覆
She’s been there 6 months now,
each day expecting your decision.
我不能违抗基♥督♥的教诲
I’m a believer now. I can’t go against the
teachings of Christianity in such a matter.
恋教堂也准许离婚了
Why, divorce is sanctioned, even by the church.
我考虑一下
I must think it over.
我要向牧师请教
I must seek guidance.
太好了
What do I see?
这才像话
Ah, Yes. That’s right.
我们该走了,我想到乡间去
We must go away. I long to be in the country,
这里不值得你留恋