– 菲林汉姆夫人的私人女仆 – 真想不到
– Lady Fellingham’s personal maid. – You don’t say.
噢,亲爱的,太让人陶醉了
Oh, darling, this is so fascinating
看见这些人活生生的
seeing all these people in the flesh.
– 爱我吗? – 爱疯了
– Love me? – Insanely.
你好,约翰
Hello, John.
很有意思的例子
Interesting case.
他给奥德盖特爵爷当了20年贴身男仆
He was Lord Aldergate’s valet for 20 years
可是没有继续下去
but it didn’t last.
他们在政♥治♥主张上不一样
They differed in their political views.
奥德盖特爵爷加入工党时 情况终于变得无法挽回
Situation finally became impossible when Lord Aldergate joined the Labour Party.
– 你好啊 乔治 – 好啊,兄弟
– Hello, George. – Hiya, Toots.
噢,你好!
Oh, hello!
– 那是谁? – 呃…一个美国司机
– Who’s that? – Er… an American chauffeur.
好了,我看看能不能找到巴克尔夫人?
Now, let’s see if I can find Lady Barker.
她在那里
There she is.
穿黑衣服那个,就在楼梯前面
The one in the black dress, just in front of the staircase.
一定出了什么事,她看起来有点不安
Something must has happened? She seems a bit upset.
– 亲爱的,你确定不严重吗? – 不不不
– Darling, are you sure it’s nothing serious? – No, no.
– 不过是头痛,但特别烦人 – 我想我还是跟你一起走
– Just a headache, but it’s terribly annoying. – I think I’ll go with you.
请别,我回家躺一个小时,就没事了
Please no. I’ll go home and lie down for an hour and I’ll be all right.
– 你回去陪你的客人吧 – 请原谅,弗雷迪爵士,可以吗?
– You go back to your guests. – I beg your pardon, Sir Fredi. May I?
– 是给综合出版社拍的 – 当然
– It’s for Consolidated Press. – Certainly.
– 谢谢 – 我还是不拍了,亲
– Thank you. – I’d rather not, dear.
– 就花一秒钟 – 拜托,不要
– It only take a second. – Please, no.
– 很抱歉,改天吧 – 谢谢你,先生,那好吧
– I’m very sorry. Some other time. – Thank you very much, sir. Yes.
我希望你不介意,亲爱的,我没心情拍照
I hope you don’t mind, darling, but I’m not in the mood for a picture.
我知道我看起来不太好
I know I don’t look well.
一点关系都没有
That’s perfectly all right.
你确定不要我送你回家吗?
Are you sure you don’t want me to take you home?
我肯定,你留下好好玩
Positive. You stay and have a good time.
– 送夫人回家,小心开车 – 是,先生
– Take her Ladyship home and drive carefully. – Yes, sir.
– 哦,你妻子怎么样? – 她没事的,只是有点头痛
– Oh, how is your wife? – She’ll be all right. Just a little headache.
– 别忘记星期六 – 不会,一点钟
– Now, don’t forget Saturday. – No. One o’clock.
一点钟,好
One o’clock. Right.
这是你的票,老家伙
There’s your ticket, old man.
噢,谢谢你,托尼
Oh, thank you, Tony.
我好奇你对“山崩”看得准不准
I wonder if you’re right about Landslide.
我认为它是今天最值得赌的
Well, I think she’s the best bet of the day.
对了,我聚了一帮有意思的人星期六来
Oh, by the way, I’m getting quite a lot of interesting fellows together for Saturday.
好啊
Good.
哪一匹是“山崩”?
Which one is Landslide?
哦有了,它在那里
Oh, yes. There she is.
星期六谁会在?
Who’s going to be there on Saturday?
哦,埃姆斯伯利公爵,亚芬博洛夫伯爵,…
Oh, the Duke of Amesbury, Earl of Avonborough…
…阿根廷大使,加一块儿可能有大概二十人
…Argentine ambassador, could be about 20 of us all together.
午宴还满意吗?
Pleasant luncheon?
是的,很不错,真的不错
Yes, very nice, very nice indeed.
我很高兴有这个机会见到您,弗雷德里克爵士
I’m glad of this opportunity to meet you, Sir Frederick.
事实上,这是我一直期盼的
As a matter of fact, I’ve been looking forward to it.
谢谢
Thanks.
我感觉你和我 会找到一些很有趣的事情来探讨
I’ve a feeling you and I might find some very interesting things to talk about.
我确定我们可以的
I’m quite sure we could.
是的 有很多令人振奋的时刻
Yes, these are very exciting times.
– 弗雷德里克爵士 – 怎么?
– Sir Frederick… – Yes?
我想知道 你知道我是谁吗
I wonder if you know who I am.
哦,当然了
Well, certainly.
德文跟我说过你,你是留宿他家的客人,不是吗?
Well, certainly. Devon’s told me about you. You’re his house guest, aren’t you?
– 你在印度待过很长一段时间 – 对
– You were in India for quite a while. – Right.
我还是在怀疑 你是否知道我是谁
I still wonder if you know who I am.
霍尔顿先生,不是吗?
Mr. Halton, aren’t you?
对,这名字对你没有意味着什么吗?
Yes. Doesn’t that name mean anything to you?
对不起,我完全糊涂了
I’m sorry. I’m at a complete loss.
弗雷德里克爵士,你有一次故意偷走了我的大衣
Sir Frederick, you once deliberately stole my overcoat.
你什么意思?
I beg your pardon?
然而,我自己想法弄到了你的一副手套
However I helped myself to a pair of your gloves.
这…听起来像是一个神秘故事
This… sounds like a mystery story.
不,不,只是一件战争轶事罢了
No, no, just a war anecdote.
你是哪个团的?
What was your regiment?
我当时在沃里克郡,第10营
I was in the Warwickshire. 10th Battalion.
我当时在莱斯特,机♥枪♥营
I was Leicesters. Machine guns.
我得说,我不记得这两支部队曾经到过一块
I must say, I don’t think the two regiments ever came together.
我们也没有
Neither did we.
但在1916年到17年间,你去巴黎休过几次假
But during 1916 and 17, you went to Paris several times on leave.
是的,没错,我去过
Yes, that’s right, I did.
我们那时很年轻
We were very young.
– 而她很迷人 – 谁?
– And she was charming. – Who?
波莱特
Paulette.
你是指…
Do you mean…
波莱特·福夏蒂埃尔?
Paulette Fouchardière?
波莱特·福夏蒂埃尔
Paulette Fouchardière.
女装店,三楼
Modiste. Third floor.
锁边及刺绣
Hem stitching and embroidery.
你是“杂狗”?
Are you Poochie?
是的,“笨瓜”
Yes, Schnoogie.
让我好好看看你
Let me have a look at you.
– 你那时候没有留小胡子,是吧? – 没留
– You didn’t have a moustache then, did you? – No.
你的照片就在那张小桌子上
Your picture was on the small table…
– 就在那小银盒子旁边… – 上面还有一只小鸟
– Right next to the little silver box… – With the bird on top.
– 当你打开盒子 – 它就奏“我的太阳”
– And when you opened it… – It played O Sole Mio.
啊,她很可爱,不是吗?
Ah, she was lovely, wasn’t she?
波莱特·福夏蒂埃尔
Paulette Fouchardière.
拿破仑跟她的曾曾祖父开了个多烂的玩笑啊
what a rotten trick Napoleon played on her great-great-grandfather.
要是拿破仑能够遵守他的承诺
If Napoleon had kept his promise…
– 在瓦朗谢讷战役之后 – 老祖父其实打赢了
– After the Battle of Valenciennes… – Which Grandpapa really won.
那么…祖父将会迎娶帕尔玛女公爵
Then…Grandpapa would have married the Duchess of Parma.
而波莱特就会成为那不勒斯公主
And Paulette would have become the Princess of Naples.
我真想知道她到底有什么变化了
I wonder whatever became of her.
敬那不勒斯公主
To the Princess of Naples.
敬公主
The Princess.
你真是太好了, 伯恩斯蒂夫人
That’s very kind of you, Lady Burnstead.
我们非常愿意前往
We’d love to come.
你的派对总是那样令人愉悦
Your parties are always so delightful.
你看,我们打算下周六出发
But, you see, we intend to leave next Saturday.
是的,我兴奋坏了,这是几年以来 我们的第一次旅行
Yes, I’m terribly excited. It’s our first trip in ages.
哦,非常感谢
Well, thank you so much.
我向伯恩斯蒂爵爷和小比阿特丽致意
My compliments to Lord Burnstead and little Beatrice.
再见
Goodbye.
– 我能进来吗? – 当然可以
– May I come in? – Of course.
– 你好,亲爱的 – 你好 亲爱的
– Hello, sweetheart. – Hello, darling.
– 这就穿戴了? – 对,歌♥剧八点开场,不是吗?
– Dressing already? – Yeah, the opera starts at eight, doesn’t it?
– 哦,那出歌♥剧啊? – 噢,亲爱的,你答应过我的
– Oh, the opera, huh? – Darling, you promised.
我会遵守我的承诺
And I’m going to keep my promise.
你爱歌♥剧,我讨厌歌♥剧,所以我们干嘛不去?
You love opera, I hate opera, so why shouldn’t we go?
午宴吃得好吗?
Have a nice luncheon?
很好
Very.
我跟法国使♥馆♥随员讨论了海军的情况
I discussed the naval situation with the French attaché.
看起来有戏
It looks promising.
你们一定把全世界海军的每艘战舰都挨个谈论了
You must have taken the navy all around the world and discussed each battleship separately.
为什么?
Why?
现在几点了?
What time is it?
哦,天哪
Oh, good heavens!
我本打算吃了午饭就走的,可是…
I meant to leave right after lunch, but…
噢,我有许多好玩的事情告诉你
Oh, I’ve lots of amusing things to tell you.
我遇见一位老朋友
I met an old friend.
我们战时曾经在一起过
We were in the war together.
我们开始回忆往事
We began reminiscing.
我们喝了几杯
We had a couple of drinks.
老伙计“杂狗”
Good old Poochie.
老伙计什么?
Good old what?
呃,杂狗,亲爱的,杂种狗
Erm… Poochie, dear, Poochie.