– At this time of the night? Why? – A telegram.
它很重要吗?
Was it so important?
我没打开,是给你的
I didn’t open it, it was for you.
– 在哪里? – 那边你的桌子上
– Where is it? – There on your table.
坏消息?
Bad news?
非常恼人
Very disturbing.
是什么让你不安?
What’s worrying you?
法国?
France?
不是
No.
南斯拉夫
Yugoslavia.
– 亲,我希望你不介意,我… – 没关系,亲爱的,我理解
– Dear, I hope you don’t mind, I… – That’s all right, dear. I understand.
我完全理解
I understand perfectly.
晚安 亲爱的
Night, dear.
晚安 亲爱的
Good night, dear.
早上好 先生
Good moring, sir.
早上好
Good morning.
今天天气如何?
How’s the weather today?
不坏,先生
Not bad, sir.
(安娜·麦格利卡迪太太高兴宣布…)
(其女儿艾玛·麦格利卡迪…)
(与克里斯多弗·威尔顿先生订婚)
哇,威尔顿
Why, Wilton!
亲爱的,这是麦格利卡迪太太那里传来的震撼消息
Darling, here is some thrilling news from Mrs MacGillicuddy.
威尔顿,这是你带给这餐桌上最棒的消息
Wilton, this is the nicest thing you’ve ever brought to the table.
– 衷心恭喜你 – 谢谢,先生
– My heartiest congratulations. – Thank you, sir.
– 还有我的 – 谢谢 夫人
– And mine. – Thank you, m’lady.
多漂亮的姑娘啊
What a pretty girl.
她所有的朋友都认为她应该拍电影
All her friends think she ought to act in the films.
你看,先生
You see, sir
她有一回在新闻影片中被拍到
she once was photographed in a newsreel
是海军上将本宁顿的葬礼
at the funeral of Admiral Bennington.
当时她正站在人行道上,灵车正好经过
She was standing on the pavement just as the hearse went by.
我希望我这样没有显得不敬,先生
I hope I don’t seem disrespectful, sir,
但在我看来,她抢走了已故上将的风头
but in my opinion, she stole the show from the late Admiral.
那就是爱
That’s love.
我相信 她也同样爱你
I’m sure she loves you just as much.
噢 她很崇拜我 先生
Oh, she worships me, sir.
但这并不意味着事情容易
But it was by no means an easy conquest.
这位年轻女士不相信婚姻制度
The young lady didn’t believe in the institution of marriage.
– 但是你说服了她 – 哦,不
– But you persuaded her. – Oh, no.
请您原谅,先生
Begging your pardon, sir
是你说服了她,还有你,夫人
it was you, sir. And you, m’lady.
– 我们? – 我们?
– We? – We?
我冒昧引你们两位为例,说明婚姻是多么美好
I took the liberty of citing you both as an example of how beautiful marriage can be,
这说服了她
and that convinced her.
你听到了吗?
Did you hear that?
也许我们应该上演一场激烈口角
Perhaps we should stage a rousing quarrel,
这样我们就不会觉得这样责任重大了
so we won’t feel quite so responsible.
是个很可爱的主意
That’s a lovely idea.
我们应该为什么而吵架呢?
What shall we quarrel about?
这个嘛
Well…
我可以说我是一个被忽视的妻子
I might say I’m a neglected wife.
不,亲爱的
No, darling.
恐怕我们不能因为这个争吵,因为我会同意你
I’m afraid we couldn’t quarrel about that because I’d agree with you.
噢,总之,这不好
Oh, anyway, it’s bad.
怨妇很讨厌
Complaining wives are such a bore.
我们应该能找个好一点的话题来吵
We should be able to find something better.
我有了
I have it.
你吃醋,一个非常迷人的女人爱上了我
You’re jealous. A very charming woman is in love with me.
这我可以相信
I could believe that.
谢谢
Thank you.
但是我不会为此争吵
But I wouldn’t quarrel about it.
我会做相反的事
I would do just the opposite.
我会努力做到这位迷人女士的两倍那样迷人
I would try to be twice as charming as the charming lady.
我确定这难不倒你 夫人
I’m sure it wouldn’t be difficult for you.
– 噢,你是天使 – 谢谢
– Oh, you’re an angel. – Thank you.
弗雷德里克?
Frederick?
怎么,亲爱的?
Yes, dear?
有人爱上我了
Someone is in love with me.
我对他也很痴迷
I’m crazy about him.
我已决定离开你
I’ve decided to leave you.
我已经打好包了
I’m already packed.
我想知道你会怎么做
I wonder what you would do.
我一定不会口角
I certainly wouldn’t quarrel.
那已经太迟了
It would be too late.
亲爱的,难道不惭愧吗
Darling, isn’t it a shame?
我们在这里,两个相当聪明的人
Here we are, two reasonably intelligent people,
找不到什么可争吵的
and we can’t find anything to quarrel about.
– 我们太失败了 – 或许我们真的是
– We’re complete failures. – Perhaps we are.
我肯定我们就是
I’m sure we are.
我们最好是面对现实
We might just as well face it.
我们是无药可救的一对幸福夫妻
We’re a hopelessly happy married couple.
弹的什么?
What’s that?
只是…只是我即兴创作的
Just… just something I made up.
不错哦
That’s nice.
很好听
It’s beautiful.
亲爱的,我不知道你有这样的天赋
Darling, I didn’t know you had so much talent.
– 来,我们听听余下的部分 – 噢 不不不
– Come on, let’s hear the rest of it. – Oh, no, no.
– 来吧,别胆小 – 不不不
– Come on. Don’t be timid. – No. No. No.
– 来吧,我们听听 – 我没有那个情绪了
– Come on, let’s hear it. – I’m not in the mood.
啊,情绪不定的艺术家哦?
Temperamental artist, eh?
不,不完全是
No, not exactly.
不过你看
But you see
我不知道结尾会是怎样的
I don’t know what the end is going to be.
哦,你已经找到一个优美的开头了
Well, you’ve certainly found a lovely beginning.
– 几乎是过于优美了 – 你一定得完成它
– Almost too lovely. – Oh, you must finish it.
没那么简单
It’s not so easy.
唉,我也不知道
Well, I don’t know.
开头很美丽,我想知道结尾如何
The beginning is so beautiful, I wonder if the end matters.
是首老曲子,但仍然好听
It’s an old tune, but it’s still good.
当然,我弹得糟糕
Of course, I play it badly.
但你舞跳得庄重
But you danced divinely.
我舞跳得没那么好吧
I’m not such a good dancer.
你舞跳得很烂
You were a rotten dancer.
你踩我的脚趾,还踩坏我的鞋子
You stepped on my toes and you ruined my shoes.
但我还是要说 你跳得庄重
But still, I say you danced divinely.
怎么了?
What’s the matter?
你把我带回了维也纳
You took me back to Vienna.
那时候好不好?
Now, was that nice?
那个小旅馆的名字叫什么?
What was the name of that little hotel?
我不记得名字,还有我们怎么到的那里
I don’t remember the name or how we got there.
– 唯一记得的是… – 很华丽,是不是?
– All I remember is… – It was glorious, wasn’t it?
– 还有那个旅馆啊 – 我们忘了它吧,好吗?
– And what a hotel. – Let’s forget it, shall we?
哦,不,我永远不会忘记它
Oh! Oh, no. I could never forget it.
服务太差劲了,各种各样的不便
The service was too awful. They had every inconvenience.
你发现他们没有电梯了吧?
Do you realise there was no lift?
我们爬了四层楼
We climbed four flights of stairs.
有时候一气爬两层
Sometimes two at a time.
好一家旅馆啊
What a hotel.
而等我们到了楼梯上,又发现了什么?
And when we got to the top of the stairs, what did we find?
两个家具粗陋的小房♥间
Two small, badly-furnished rooms.
有两间吗?
Were there two?
当然,有一间起居室,亲爱的
Certainly, there was a sitting room, darling.
哦,克里斯多弗,我好兴奋,这是我人生中的激动时刻
Oh, Christopher, I’m so excited. This is the thrill of my life.
我不想错过一件事情
I don’t wanna miss a thing.
你必须告诉我他们都是谁,每一个人
You must tell me who everybody is. Just everybody.
下午好, 布瑞肯里奇先生
Afternoon, Mr. Breckinbridge.
哦,那就是布瑞肯里奇先生吗?
Oh! Is that Mr. Breckinbridge?
– 是的,他就是 – 哦,我的天
– Yes, yes indeed. – Oh, my.
很谦虚的一个人
Very modest man.
看着他,你想不到他会是斯特里腾爵爷的管家
To look at him, you wouldn’t dream he’s Lord Straighton’s butler.
你好吗, 莫泊斯小姐
How do you do, Mademoiselle Maupois.