Er… yes, I, er…
我相信我听说过
I believe I have.
噢,你不关心绘画吗?
Oh, you don’t care for pictures?
哦,我知道了…埃菲尔铁塔
Oh, I know. The Eiffel Tower.
你是指那个…那个钢铁东西,竖在空中的吗?
You mean that…that steel thing, stuck up in the air?
殿下,您知道我害怕什么吗?
Your Highness, do you know what I’m afraid of?
– 什么? – 我害怕你会推荐巴黎圣母院
– What? – I’m afraid you’ll suggest Notre Dame.
我正要说呢
I was just coming to that.
夫人
Madame.
即使您可以告诉我每块石头分别的历史
Even if you could give me the history of each stone separately,
– 我还是不感兴趣 – 哦
– I’m still not interested. – Oh.
不,我发现,纵观人生,白天容易打发
No, I’ve found, through life, the days take care of themselves.
是夜晚特别难过
It’s the evenings that are so difficult.
哦,我真傻
Oh, how stupid of me.
你想让我为您安排一场派对
You want me to arrange a party for you.
一场漂亮的大型派对
A nice, large party.
不用太大
Not too large.
六人?
Six?
四个?
Four?
两个?
Two?
两个是最好的了
Two is the best suggestion.
你干嘛那样盯着我?
Why do you stare at me like that?
他完全是昏头了
He’s completely off his head.
你在说什么啊?
What are you talking about?
巴克尔勒,他形容您是“硬如铁石”
Buckler. He described you as “hard as nails”.
要老得多,而且…开始…
Much older, and, erm… beginning to, er…
– 开始发福了 – 噢,他太不厚道了
– Beginning to spread. – How unkind of him.
我希望你不认为他的描述跟我相符
I hope you don’t think the description fits me.
如果他说是世界上最可爱的女人之一
If he’d said one of the loveliest women in the world,
在哪里我都能把你认出来
I’d have recognised you anywhere.
真好听,谢谢你
Encouraging. Thank you.
让我想想你会喜欢我的哪位朋友
Now, I wonder which one of my friends you would like.
– 我可以提个建议吗? – 请说
– May I make a suggestion? – Please.
我们共同的朋友巴克尔勒会很高兴的,如果…
It would make our mutual friend Buckler very happy if, er…
– 如果您跟我共进晚餐 – 我订婚了
– if you would dine with me. – I’m engaged.
噢,那就不必费心了
Oh. Well, then, don’t bother any more.
我去吃两个煮鸡蛋,拿本侦探小说,然后上♥床♥
I’ll have a couple of boiled eggs, a detective story, and go to bed.
夫人
Madame.
你是否曾为孤独所支配过?
Have you ever been at the mercy of loneliness?
你是否曾独在异乡做过异客?
Have you ever been a stranger in a strange city?
经常
Often.
你都做些什么?
What did you do?
我哭泣
I cried.
哦,那就是我该做的
Well, that’s what I shall do.
多瑙河咖啡馆 9点
Café Danube. Nine o’clock.
8:30
Eight-thirty.
9点
Nine o’clock.
可是,殿下…
But, Your Highness…
哦对了,我不是女大公
Oh, by the way, I’m not the Grand Duchess.
什么?
What?
九点差一刻
Quarter to nine.
霍尔顿先生
Mr. Halton.
– 你好吗? – 你好吗?
– How do you do? – How do you do?
– 你是安娜女大公 – 对
– You are the Grand Duchess Anna. – Yes.
巴克尔勒船长描述得你如此准确,我在哪里都可以认出你来
Captain Buckler described you so accurately I would have known you anywhere.
噢,多承夸奖
Oh, thank you so much.
巴克尔勒船长,我估计他是想要我为您做些安排
Captain Buckler. I imagine he wants me to arrange something for you.
你想见谁呢?你想要做些什么?
Who would you like to meet? What would you like to do?
我想去看看卢浮宫博物馆
I’d like to see the Louvre museum.
– 什么? – 对 卢浮宫
– The what? – Yes, the Louvre,
埃菲尔铁塔,噢,最最重要的, 巴黎圣母院
the Eiffel Tower, oh, and most of all, Notre Dame.
你确定你是巴克尔勒船长的朋友吗?
Are you sure you’re a friend of Captain Buckler’s?
是啊 没错
好吧 好吧 好吧
Well, well, well.
恐怕我不能为你做些什么了
Afraid I can’t do anything for you.
噢,你可以的
Oh, yes, you can.
告诉我刚才屋里那位女士的名字
Tell me the name of the lady who was here a moment ago.
女士?我不知道
Lady? I don’t know.
这里来过一位女士?
Was there a lady here?
得了得了,你知道她来过
Come, come, you know there was.
真的,我不知道,我发誓
Really, I don’t know. I swear.
那好吧
All right.
再见,殿下
Goodbye, Your Highness.
霍尔顿先生
Mr. Halton.
为什么你想知道她的名字?
Why do you want to know her name?
因为九点差一刻时我要跟她吃晚饭
Because I’m dining with her at a quarter to nine.
你的确是巴克尔勒船长的朋友
You are a friend of Captain Buckler’s.
多么美妙的乐曲
What a lovely song.
叫什么名字?
What’s the name of it?
它没有名字,我刚为你创作的,夫人
It has no name. I just made it up for you, madame.
也为您,先生
And for you, monsieur
– 谢谢 – 谢谢
– thank you. – Thank you.
你一定在女人方面非常成功
You must have been very successful with women.
你为什么这么说?
What makes you say that?
不然没有人能点这么美味的晚餐
Nobody could order such a delicious dinner who wasn’t.
我在你这里成功了吗?
Am I a success with you?
大获全胜
Tremendous.
– 我看不见得 – 你干嘛怀疑?
– I wonder if I am. – Why do you doubt it?
因为,我们虽然在品尝甜点,却互相一无所知
Because, here we are at the dessert and we know nothing about each other.
你不告诉我你的名字,你甚至不让我告诉你我的
You won’t tell me your name. You won’t even let me tell you mine.
哦天啊,我们喝汤时不都解决了吗,吃沙拉时又说过
Oh dear. Didn’t we settle all that at the soup, and again at the salad?
为何要用姓名来破坏这完美之夜呢?
Why spoil such a perfect evening with names?
我不想知道你的名字
I don’t want to know your name.
不管是什么,我知道都不适合你
Whatever it is, I know it wouldn’t suit you.
谢谢
Thank you.
我可不想冒这个险
I should hate to risk it.
另外 其实我了解你的一切
Besides, I know all about you.
你了解
You do??
天意给了你灰色的双眼
Providence gave you grey eyes
棕色头发
brown hair…
迷人的微笑
a charming smile.
极大的魅力
Great attraction.
此外的一切都不重要
Everything else is unimportant.
我满足了
I’m content.
你结婚了吗?
You’re married?
回到汤和沙拉上吧
Back to the soup and the salad.
为什么这么好奇呢?
Why be so curious?
嫉妒
Jealous.
不过是可怕的嫉妒
Just terribly jealous.
我本以为我们俩会有一个美妙的夜晚
I thought we were going to have an amusing evening
但是现在变严肃了
but now it’s become serious.
极度热切
Desperately.
(私人餐室)
你是谁?我必须知道
Who are you? I must know.
– 这还不明显吗? – 我不觉得
– Isn’t it obvious? – Not to me.
– 你在女大公的屋里见到我 – 你在那里做什么?
– You meet me at the Grand Duchess’s house. – Why were you there?
你在五点钟见到我
You meet me at five o’clock.
而在五点过十分,我同意与你共进晚餐,
And at ten minutes past five, I agree to dine with you.
一个完全的陌生人
A complete stranger.
世上最短的故事
The shortest story in the world.
现在告诉我真实的故事
Now tell me the true one.
那好吧
Very well, then.
可能你跟我在一起很危险
Perhaps it’s dangerous for you to be with me.
可能我有一个丈夫 会来枪杀你
Perhaps I have a husband who’ll come in and shoot you.
可能我是一名间谍 一个小偷
Perhaps I’m a spy. A thief.
警♥察♥可能会进来逮捕我
The police may come in and arrest me.
逮捕我们俩
Both of us.
那些你都不是
You’re none of those things.
即使你是,那也没关系
If you were, it wouldn’t matter.
不管现在还是别的什么时候
Now, or any other time.
我一生中一定做过什么极好的事,能有这么美丽的奖赏
I must have done something very nice in my life to be so beautifully rewarded.
你是真心说的吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!