关于那架私人飞机
About that private plane.
就是巴克尔夫人订的那一架吗?
Is it the same one that Lady Barker took?
她说并没有那么快
She says it’s not so fast.
哦,你是说1小时40分钟就到巴黎?
Oh, you say it made Paris in one hour and forty minutes?
那很好
That’s very good.
我就要它了,好的,谢谢
I’ll take it. All right, thank you.
工作完成了?
Finished your work?
差不多吧
Quite.
弗雷德里克?
Frederick?
什么?
Yes?
你什么时候动身去日内瓦?
When are you leaving for Geneva?
星期三早上 乘飞机
On Wednesday morning, by plane.
飞机在不在巴黎停?
Doesn’t the plane stop in Paris?
是的,我相信它要停的
Yes, I believe it does.
我在想,你干嘛不把我一路带到巴黎
I’ve been thinking, why couldn’t you take me along as far as Paris,
然后等你回程时把我接回来?
and pick me up on your way back?
是个很棒的主意
That’s an excellent idea.
我真的需要一些新衣服,我好久没有购物了
I really need some new clothes. I haven’t done any shopping for quite a while.
此外,离开伦敦对你有好处
Besides, it’ll do you good to get away from London.
换换环境
Be a change for you.
对,可以的
Yes, it would.
那我就安排在星期三了,好不好?
Well, then I shall make arrangements for Wednesday, shall I?
谢谢
Thank you.
你好
Hello?
哦,弗雷德里克爵士
Oh, Sir Frederick.
是吗? 日内瓦?
Are you? Geneva?
你们什么时候走?
When are you leaving?
喂
Yes?
对,这里是达文顿爵爷宅邸
Yes, this is Lord Davington’s house.
你要和霍尔顿先生通话?
You wish to speak to Mr. Halton?
请问是谁打来?
Who’s calling, please?
稍等片刻,弗雷德里克爵士
Just one moment, Sir Frederick.
[法语] – 在这里等着 – 是 先生
– Attendez. – Oui, monsieur.
[法语] – 日安,先生 – 日安
– Bonjour, monsieur. – Bonjour.
我想见女大公,请通报
I’d like to see the Grand Duchess, if you please.
谢谢,先生
Thank you, monsieur.
进来
Come in.
我一会就来
I’ll come in a moment.
霍尔顿先生,是我就不会失去耐性
Now, Mr. Halton, I wouldn’t be impatient.
如果一位女士订了五点钟的约会
If a lady makes an appointment for five o’clock
你就不该指望在六点前见到她
you shouldn’t expect her until six.
那种准时到来的女士 真的不值得你等
The kind of lady who comes on time really wouldn’t be worth waiting for.
哦,如果你觉得无聊了,那边就有鸡尾酒吧
If you should get bored, there’s always the cocktail bar.
你也许可以发现一些有意思的人
You might find some interesting people.
– 谢谢,我就在这里等 – 随你喜欢
– Thank you. I’ll wait here. – Just as you like.
你放心,她一到我们就会通知你的。
You may be sure we’ll let you know the moment she arrives.
天使
Angel.
迷人的名字,霍尔顿先生
Charming name, Mr. Halton.
精彩
Bravo.
– 弗雷德里克爵士 – 是的
– Sir Frederick. – Yes.
我就是女大公♥安♥娜,你好吗?
I am the Grand Duchess Anna. How do you do?
这边请,好吗?
Will you step this way, please?
– 请坐 – 谢谢
– Will you sit down? – Thank you.
我何德何能 致您大驾光临?
To what do I owe the pleasure of your visit?
哦,前几天的一次派对中,您的名字被提及
Well, at a party a few days ago, your name was mentioned.
还有您迷人的魔力沙龙
And the charm and glamour of your salon.
哦 非常感谢
Oh, thank you very much.
我希望没有让您失望吧
I hope you won’t be disappointed.
我得说,已经五点多了
I must say, it’s after five.
你也许可以在鸡尾酒吧 发现一些有意思的人
You might find some interesting people at the cocktail bar.
– 不,我不要了 – 要不来点轮盘赌?
– No, I think not. – Oh, perhaps a little roulette?
又或者如果你今晚没有计划,我可以安排一次小晚宴
Or if you’ve no plans for this evening, I might arrange a little dinner.
你太好了,殿下
You’re very kind, Your Highness.
不过你看,我刚刚提到的这个派对上
But, you know, at this party I just referred to,
某个女士也被提到过
a certain young lady was mentioned…
对她的描述唤起了我的好奇心
and her description roused my curiosity.
我将很高兴做出一切安排给你们介绍
I’d be glad to do anything I can to arrange an introduction
如果你把这位女士的名字给我的话
if you give me the lady’s name.
困难就在这里
That’s the difficulty.
她的名字似乎更像是一个谜
Her name seems to be rather a mystery.
我不知道这样能不能给你一点线索
But I wonder if this might give you a clue.
描述她的那个人,提起她都说…天使
The person describing her referred to her… as Angel.
天使?
Angel?
天使,是个奇怪的名字,当然是迷人的
Angel, that’s a strange name. Rather charming.
不过我恐怕…
But I’m afraid…
呃…
Erm…
您看,殿下
look here, Your Highness.
有没有什么办法 我也许能恢复一下你的记忆
is there any way in which I might refresh your memory?
真的,我的记忆力非常好
Really, I have an excellent memory
但我完全不记得那个名字
but I don’t seem to remember that name at all.
可能这样会有些帮助,殿下
Perhaps this might help, Your Highness.
我愿意慷慨解囊给任何…
I would be willing to contribute generously to any…
你愿意提及的慈善机构
charitable institution you might care to name.
哦,那么…我…
Oh. Well… l… er…
或者也许更好的是,这些捐款交由您自♥由♥支配
Or perhaps it would be better if the contribution were placed at your disposal.
哦,您真是太好了
Oh, that’s very kind of you.
我们总是有穷♥人♥需要帮助,可不幸的是…
We always have the needy with us, but unfortunately…
进来
Come in.
打扰了,殿下,您的阿姨索尼娅来了
Pardon me, Your Highness. But your Aunt Sonya is here.
总是有人打断
Always these interruptions!
– 哦,她得等我一会了,抱歉 – 好的
– Well, she’ll have to wait. I’m sorry. – Yes.
等一下,格雷戈里,也许我最好还是见见她
Just a moment, Gregori. Perhaps I’d better see her.
她是位上年纪的女士,您不介意吧?
She’s an elderly lady. Would you mind?
– 我一会儿就回来 – 一点也不 – 谢谢
– I’ll be back in a moment. – Not at all. – Thank you.
– 你好,弗雷德里克 – 你好,玛莉亚
– Hello, Frederick. – Hello, Maria.
在一个奇怪的地方见到你,不是吗?
Strange place to meet you, isn’t it?
相当奇怪
Rather strange.
– 我能问问你在这里做什么? – 好奇心
– May I ask what you are doing here? – Curiosity.
你看,那位叫天使的女士,引发了我的想象
You see the lady known as Angel caught my imagination.
你是说你留在了巴黎?
You mean you stayed in Paris?
你实际上错过了在日内瓦的会议?
You actually missed the conference in Geneva?
只为了搞清楚“天使”是不是一位黑发女子
Merely to find out if Angel is a brunette.
哦,弗雷德里克,那可太了不起了
Well, Frederick, that’s marvellous.
我简直都不敢相信
I can hardly believe it.
你真的让整个欧洲等着,只为搞清楚一个女人是否黑发
You really let all Europe wait just to find out if a woman is a brunette.
或是金发
Or a blonde.
事实上,弗雷德,她是金发
As a matter of fact, Fred, she is a blonde.
你还记得霍尔顿先生描述那位女士的时候?
You remember when Mr. Halton described the lady?
记得,他看起来非常不舒服
Yes, he seemed rather uncomfortable.
要不要我告诉你为什么?
Shall I tell you why?
在你进来之前,他描述的完全不一样
Before you came in, he described her differently.
– 你想知道他说了什么吗? – 非常想
– Would you like to know what he said? – Very much.
他说她是金发,碧眼
He said she had blonde hair, blue eyes,
我的外形,并且有一点外国口音
my figure and a slight foreign accent.
听起来像是在说你
Sounds like a description of you.
的确,不是吗?
It does, doesn’t it?
这让我很恼火,世上还有一个女人长得和我一模一样
Well, it annoyed me that there should be another woman in this world who looks exactly like me.
这扰乱了我的虚荣心
It disturbed my vanity.
你知道女人都是这样
You know how women are.
所以我到这里来搞清楚
So I came here to find out.
你见到她了吗?
Did you see her?
哦 是的
Oh, yes.
事实上,她就在旁边的房♥间
As a matter of fact, she’s in the next room.
然后呢,她长得像你吗?
And does she look like you?
一模一样
Exactly.
你上个星期三在巴黎?
You were in Paris last Wednesday.
是的没错
Yes, that’s right.
– 你为什么不告诉我? – 你为什么不问我?
– Why didn’t you tell me? – Why didn’t you ask me?
你可曾问过我?
Did you ever ask me?
你可曾问过我 你去日内瓦的时候我做过什么吗?
Did you ever ask me what I do when you go to Geneva,