She probably bought them from the Savoy, or Claridges…
她可能是在萨福里 或者克拉瑞芝酒店
…or the opera, or some fancy nightclub.
或者歌♥剧院 或者什么高档夜♥总♥会♥买♥♥到的
Who knows, with Jenny?
珍妮的事 谁知道呢
Paris. You can’t buy them here.
在巴黎买♥♥的 这里买♥♥不到
You never bought them yourself? No. I never.
不是你自己买♥♥的吧 当然不是
Shut up, you stuck-up cow!
闭嘴吧 你这头自大的牛
But I’ll bring you some back, if you like?
但如果你想要的话 我可以帮你们带点回来
You’re joking? No.
你在开玩笑吧? 没
He’s taking you to Paris? Yes.
他要带你去巴黎? 嗯
This term? May be.
这学期? 也许吧
Wait.
等等
Isn’t it your birthday next Thursday?
下周四不就是你的生日了吗?
Might be.
也许是
Oh, my God! Your birthday!
我得天啊! 你的生日!
I would not like to be you.
我可不想变成你
All those supper’s you’ve had off him.
他请你吃的那么多晚餐
Ouch!

You’ve such a Victorian attitude to sex, you two.
你们对性的态度真守旧
Your parents wouldn’t let you swan off like that, would they?
你父母不会就让你这么优哉游哉地走掉吧
Well, he haven’t told them yet.
他还没跟他们说
But David will come up with some story, he usually does.
但大卫会编个什么故事出来的 他总是那样
Yeah, I’ve noticed that.
是啊 我发现了
Chanel perfume, Chanel perfume.
香奈儿香水 香奈儿香水
Chanel lipstick, Chanel lipstick.
香奈儿口红 香奈儿口红
Those funny cigarettes you were smoking. Sobranies.
你在抽的这种奇怪的烟 寿百年
Ten packets each.
一人10包
How much is that Chanel perfume?
那个香奈儿的香水多少钱?
Are you the girl going to Paris or are you not? Because…
你是那个要去巴黎的女孩吗? 因为…
Tina, top button.
蒂娜 把领扣系上
Jenny, the headmistress wants a word with you.
珍妮 校长要跟你谈谈
The, uh, legend Mr. Rochester may have travelled further
那个传说中的罗切斯特先生对你的影响
than you intended.
可能太大了
Come.
请进
Ms. Mellor.
梅勒小姐
We’re all very excited about…
我们都为你即将到来的
…your forthcoming trip to Paris.
巴黎之行感到很兴奋
Our excitement, indeed, knows no bounds.
人的兴奋的确是无边的
Some of us can talk of little else.
我们来谈点别的
An older man, I understand.
我理解 那个年长的男士
A word of warning, Ms. Mellor.
梅勒小姐 我警告一句
There may well have been the odd…
最近这里可能有一个
…sixth-form girl who has lost…
六年级的女孩
…an important part of herself, perhaps the best part.
丢失了她生命中重要的 甚至是最好的一部分
while under our supervision. These things happen, regrettably.
在我们监督之下 这种遗憾的事情仍时有发生
If, however, we are made aware of that loss, then…
但如果 我们确定她丢失了她的精华
…of course the young lady in question…
那理所当然 这个女孩就将不得不
…would have to continue her studies elsewhere,
转学到别的地方
…if she still has any use for A-levels.
如果她还能参加高级考试的话
Do I make myself clear?
我说明白了吗
Can I go now? If you want.
我能走了吗? 如果你想的话
What are you doing in there?
你在那里面干嘛啊?
Well, I imagine she’s lighting the candles on my cake.
我想她是在点蛋糕上的蜡烛吧
You’re seventeen not two hundred and fifty.
你才17岁 又不是250岁
Thanks for inviting me.
谢谢你邀请我来
Oh, it was Marjorie’s idea, not mine.
这是玛乔丽的主意 不是我的
Not even Jenny’s for that matter. Dad!
甚至也不是珍妮的 爸爸
Well, blow them out, before the house burns down.
在房♥子被烧掉之前把蜡烛吹了吧
Wait up! Okay, don’t wait.
等等! 好吧 无所谓了
Bravo.
干得漂亮
Who’d like a piece? Me, please.
谁想吃块蛋糕? 我 谢谢
Come on. Come on. Presents.
来吧来吧 礼物时间
What’s that?
那是什么?
It’s a new Latin dictionary.
是本新的拉丁文字典
Thank you. I needed a new one.
谢谢 我的确需要一本新的
Oh dear.
天啊
Snap!

Oh, good grief!
啊 天啊
Jenny, you’d see this. It’s a special day.
珍妮 你来看看这个 这是特别的一天呀
She’s a special girl. I know it.
她是个特别的女孩 我知道
Bit of help?
要帮忙吗?
Makes your dictionary look a bit feeble, eh, Graham?
这让你的字典看上去有点微不足道吧 格兰汉
Gosh!
天哪
These are for you.
这是给你的
Hello, young man. Oh, David…
你好 年轻人 啊 大卫
David, would you like a drink? I’d love one.
大卫想喝一杯吗 再好不过了
I’d better be going because…
我得走了
…I have a stack of homework to do, so…
因为我还剩了一堆作业要做
Thank you.
谢谢
Bye. See you.
再见 再见
Goodbye, Mr. Mellor. See you, young man.
再见 梅勒先生 再见 年轻人
Thank you.
谢谢
Wonderful to see you, Graham.
见到你真高兴 格兰汉
Goodbye, Jenny. Bye, Graham.
再见 珍妮 再见格兰汉
Little something warming? You know me so well.
来点暖身子的吗? 你太了解我了
Can I open anything yet? Wait for me.
我能拆礼物了吗 等着我
Before you open that lot, I got a surprise.
你拆开那些礼物之前 我有一个惊喜
Next weekend, we’re all going to Cafe de Flore…
下周末 我们都回去佛罗伦萨咖啡厅
…to celebrate Jenny’s birthday.
给珍妮庆生
Lovely.
太好了
Cafe de Flore is in the Boulevard St. Germain, in Paris.
佛罗伦萨咖啡厅在巴黎的保尔福德主街
What do you mean Paris? You know the one, Dad.
你是指什么巴黎? 你知道那地方的 老爸
No! No! No, no, no…
不 不 不 不
No, we don’t have any French money. And besides, it’s…
我们没有法郎 而且
Well, I…I don’t think it would agree with me. Dad?
我想那不太适合我 爸爸?
The French don’t like us, Jenny. You know that.
法国人不喜欢我们 珍妮 你知道的
John Sutton from work, he went there last year.
我同事约翰·撒登去年去了
They were very rude to him.
他说那里的人对他很粗鲁
I don’t want to spoil anyone’s fun,
我不想扫你们的兴
…but it’s just not for me, Europe.
但是我不喜欢欧洲
You’ll have to go another time.
你们得改次再去了
You’ve just said you don’t like Europe.
你刚刚才说你不喜欢欧洲
So what’s going to change? It’ll have to be Europe, won’t it?
那时间又能改变什么呢? 要变的是欧洲不是吗?
Because it certainly won’t be you.
因为你是不会变的
I’ll take her. To the continent?
我带她去 去那块大♥陆♥?
Why not? And leave me here on my own?
为什么不呢? 你想把我一个人丢在这里?
Oh, for God’s sake!
老天啊
What do you think?
你怎么想?
You know, what Jenny’s like about France, Jack?
你知道珍妮为什么喜欢法国吧 杰克?
French films and books and music.
那些法国电影 小说 和音乐
Of course, I do. Sorry.
我当然知道了 抱歉
Yes, because without saying, she’s your daughter.
因为不用说 她是你女儿
Jenny likes to joke about…
珍妮喜欢开玩笑
…how you’re a stick in the mud and all the rest of it.
说您是个墨守成规的人
But I know that’s not who you are.
但我明白你不是那样
Otherwise, she wouldn’t be, who she is.
否则珍妮也不会成为现在的她
No.
是啊
But I can also see that, I’ve acted out of turn and…
但我也明白 我的确越距了
…I’m sorry.
我很抱歉
What about your aunt Helen?
你的海伦姨妈去吗?
An hour late! We’ll make it, I promise.
晚了一个小时! 我们能赶上的 我保证
Okay, there’s a flight at eight in the morning.
好了 明天早上八点有一班飞机
Good.
好吧
There’s no bed!
这里没有床!
I pushed the boat out and got us a suite.
我把船推出去 给我们弄了个小套间
A suite? Yeah.
小套间? 对啊
Well, if work stops us from getting to Paris until tomorrow, then…
既然我们因为工作要等到明天才能去巴黎
…work can buy us a nice hotel room.
那么我的工作也可以支付酒店一晚的房♥价
Anyway, it’s a special occasion, isn’t it?
无论如何 这是个特殊的时刻 不是吗
I’d have thought that tonight of all nights we only need a bed.
我还在想今天是我们需要床的唯一一天呢
Hold on… one second. I’ve got something.
等等 等一秒钟 我去拿点东西

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!