There might be a man with deep pockets growing out there.
那里可能还会长出个富家公子来追你
Because God know you gonna need one.
因为很明显你现在需要这么一个
Well, you can always go to secretarial college with Hattie.
其实你也可以和海蒂一起去秘书学校
Oh, thanks. Charming!
哦 谢了 不是很好吗!
Oh, God, no. Hello.
哦 上帝 不是吧 你好
Hello… Graham.
你好…格兰汉
I haven’t seen you in ages.
我很久没见到你了
It all went wrong, didn’t it? The, uh…
一切都变了 是吧? 呃
The tea-party, I mean.
我是说 茶会
Was it because of the year off thing?
是因为我休息一年的原因吗?
Because I… No.
因为我… 不
I just have so much work to do…
是因为我实在有很多功课要做
…if I’m gonna get the grades I need.
否则达不到要求的绩点
Yeah. She doesn’t have time for boys.
是的 她没有空谈情说爱
Bye, Graham. Bye.
再见 格兰汉 再见
Oh, he does all the Goons.
他刚表演了广播剧”三个臭皮匠”
No, my Eccles is no good.
不 我学埃克尔斯不太像
Oh, no, you’ve got him. No, no…
不 你抓住了他的精髓 不 不…
Hello?
你好?
Oh, Jenny…
哦 珍妮…
…David does the most fantastic Bluebottle.
大卫学的”绿头苍蝇”太精彩了
You came to see my parents?
你来见我父母吗?
Oh, why is that so hard to imagine?
很出乎你意料吗?
Why are you drinking?
为什么你们要喝酒?
It’s not Christmas!
又不是圣诞
Well, there’s a lot you don’t know about us, young lady.
年轻人 你对我们还不够了解啊
We had a life before you came along. Hm, that’s true.
你出生之前我们也年轻过的 嗯 的确
I’m only going on what I’ve seen over the last sixteen years.
我只了解我这16年来所见到的你们
I’m trying to think what you missed. Nothing much comes to mind.
我拼命想你不知道的 一时半会没想起来
Anyway, I’ve got a huge pile of Latin translation to do.
你们继续 我去做我大把的拉丁翻译了
You didn’t tell us David went to Oxford.
你从没提过大卫是牛津的
No… I didn’t.
不… 我没有
For all the good it did me.
我以此为傲
Isn’t that funny? Extraordinary!
岂不是很有趣? 非常有趣!
I was just telling Jack that I’m going back next weekend.
我刚跟杰克说我下周末要回去看看
I go and visit my old English professor every now and again.
顺便拜访一下我的英文教授
See, that’s what you need, Jenny. Someone on the inside track.
珍妮 这才是你所需的 多认识学校里的人
It’s not always what you know, is it, David?
不是只有成绩好就可以的 对吧 大卫
Too true.
的确
Have you ever come across Clive Lewis?
你们认识克莱夫·刘易斯吗(爱尔兰作家)
Dad’s never come across anyone.
爸爸不认识什么人
He wrote a children’s book called…
他写过一本儿童书叫做
“The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe” that did very well, I believe.
“狮子 女巫和衣橱” 销量很好
C. S. Lewis?
是C.S.刘易斯吗
Well, to us he was just the old codger who taught Medieval literature.
对我们来说就是教中世纪文学的怪老头
But I came to know him very well.
不过我和他非常熟络
We just… got along.
我们就是很…谈得来
Jenny used to devour those books.
珍妮曾经很迷那些书的
I’d love to meet him.
我非常想见见他
I’m sorry. Am I being slow on the uptake?
抱歉 我是不是有点反应迟钝了
Would Jenny like to come with me at the weekend?
珍妮愿不愿意这周末跟我一块去呢
No, not this weekend. But sometimes, perhaps.
不 这周末不行 等有机会的
Yes.
就可以
How often do you see him?
你多久见他一次
Not very often, every couple of years.
我们并不常见 大概几年见一面
Maybe next time. Huh…
那就下次吧 嗯
Well, I suppose…
我是想…
Would she have to stay the night?
她用在那里过夜吗?
I wouldn’t recommend driving home after one of those Oxford dinners.
在牛津会面之后 我想最好不要急着回去
Clive could get her a room at the college. That’s easy enough.
克莱夫会在学院给她找间屋子 小事一桩
Seems like too good an opportunity to pass up.
听上去良机不可错失啊
It wouldn’t be a bother, would it, David?
不会给你添麻烦吧 大卫?
**We walk along hand in hand*
*我们手牵手一起走
Come on!
快一点!
Just putting a few things into the bag. Don’t worry.
在收拾行李呢 别着急
**Yeah, we both understand*
*你我心知肚明
**Ummm, Sweet Nothin’s*
*喔 甜言蜜语
Come on!
好了没!
We’re nearly ready. Be there in two ticks.
马上就好了 稍等一下下
How can they only be nearly ready?
怎么还没好?
I wouldn’t be surprised if three of them come out there.
这么久她们变出个大活人我都不惊讶
That’s the only explanation. They’re making themselves a friend.
唯一的解释 就是她们在涂脂抹粉
Ladies! Come on, let’s go!
女士们! 快一点 咱们出发吧!
There. Have a look in the corner. Open the door.
去角镜那里看一看 把门打开
You should keep that one if you want to.
如果你喜欢就送你了
I can only wear so many on one day.
我的衣服已经够多了
Thank you.
谢谢你
What about tonight? We got to put on a nightie.
今晚你怎么办 我们还得带件睡袍
Would David share the room with you?
我以为大卫会和你们一起住?
Oh, you haven’t slept with him?
哦 你还没跟他睡过?
No.
没有
Good for you.
你还挺行的
Really? Do you think so? Yes.
真的吗? 你这么想? 是啊
Well, you’re only sixteen. You don’t want to get pregnant, do you?
毕竟你才16岁 不想这么早就怀孕吧
No, I wouldn’t… I wouldn’t let that happen.
不 我不…不会让这种事情发生的
I want to wait till I’m seventeen.
我想等到17岁
On my seventeenth birthday, hopefully.
最好能在17岁生日那天
With David?
和大卫吗
Oh Golly, it will be with David, won’t it?
哦 当然是和大卫了 不是吗?
If that’s what you want.
如果你愿意的话
Anyway, I’ll find you a nightie.
我先给你找件睡袍
Ta-da!
当当!
Should we make a move?
咱们现在出发吧?
**You got me wrapped around your little finger*
*你的指尖拨动我的心弦
**If this is love, it’s everything I hoped it would be*
*如果这是爱 那定是我心所向
Can we get off and have a look around?
我们能下车四处看一看吗?
Later. If we have time.
一会儿的 如果有空的话
Imagine spending three years here. Oh, I know.
想想看在这里呆三年 喔 可以想象
Why university girls are strange-looking?
为什么大学里的女生看上去那么怪
They can’t all have started off that way, can they?
她们不可能一生下来就这样的 对吧
Well, most girls aren’t born ugly,
按理说没有天生的丑女人
…but most girl students seems to be. So…
可这里的姑娘怎么都长成这样呢
…there must be something about those places that make you…
那一定是这里的气氛感染所致
…fat, or spotty, or short-sighted.
让她们变成满脸痘痘的四眼肥妹
Well, if you look at it like that, I mean…
如果从你这个角度来分♥析♥的话
…that’s proper scientific analysis. You can’t argue with science.
的确有科学理论根据 你争不过科学的
I still don’t quite understand what you want to do when you get here.
我无法想象为什么你想来这里
I want to read English.
因为我想读英语
Books?
书吗?
Sorry? You want to read English books?
什么? 你想读英文书吗?
Reading English is just another way of saying…
读英语还有另一个意思是…
Don’t worry, Jenny. You’re wasting your breath.
珍妮 不用解释的 跟她解释不清的
Tomorrow we’ll get more of a feel for the place.
明天咱们好好逛逛这里
Absolutely.
当然
This place would be good for a little business.
这地方很适合做点小本生意
All those little old ladies wandering around. Old ladies?
大街上那么多老妇人 老妇人?
I’ll bet this place is rife with stats.
我敢打赌stats在这里绝对会有市场
Please explain what stats are.
stats是什么
You’re always going on about them.
总听你们提起
It isn’t very interesting. But you two are interested.
很无趣的东西 但是你俩兴致挺浓的
Because we are not very interesting either.
那是因为我俩本身很无趣
Oh, no. They’re not, really. True.
的确 他们无聊透顶了 没错
So we have an idiot here, to save us from ourselves.
我们这儿出来个小傻瓜想提升我们的水准
Yeah, to put some intelligence and culture to our brutal lives.
是啊 想要给我们这种粗人讲点文化知识
Sing to us! Sing to us!
来一首! 来一首!
Please don’t make me sing to you.
求求你们别让我唱歌♥出丑啦
Please don’t make us talk about work.
所以也求求你别让我们谈工作
So…
那么…
Now, is he Clive, do you think? Or CS?
你们说写克莱夫好呢还是只写CS?
I’m confused now. I thought you’d made him up?
你们把我搞糊涂了 他不是编出来的吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!