This is a rare opportunity to purchase a key work
能买♥♥到前拉斐尔派的代表作品
of the Pre-Raphaelite movement.
这是一个绝佳的机会
Who will start me off at 100 guineas? Is it that one?
100畿尼起拍 有人要吗? 是那幅吗?
Yes, that’s the one.
对 就是那幅
Fifty guineas?
50畿尼?
Twenty guineas?
20畿尼?
Thank you.
谢谢
Forty?
40畿尼?
Thank you.
谢谢
Do I hear sixty?
我听到了60?
Eighty guineas?
80畿尼?
Thank you, sir.
谢谢你 先生
Another one, one hundred guineas?
另一位 100畿尼?
One hundred and twenty?
120畿尼?
No further bids?
没有更高的吗?
Your turn.
该你了
What? Any further bids?
什么? 还有更高的价位吗?
Any more? Quick!
有吗? 快啊!
One hundred and twenty guineas from the very eager new bidder.
120畿尼 那位很陈恳的新买♥♥家
One hundred and forty, madam? Thank you.
这位女士出140? 谢谢
One hundred and sixty?
160畿尼?
One hundred and eighty. Thank you.
180 谢谢
Two hundred guineas?
200畿尼?
Two hundred and twenty?
220呢?
Another one, madam?
另一位女士?
Sold for two hundred guineas. Thank you.
200畿尼成交 谢谢
Your name, please?
请问您的名字?
Mellor.
梅勒
Now we move on to lot 42.
现在我们看42号♥拍品
Thank you very much.
十分感谢
I couldn’t have possibly bought it without you.
没有你我肯定拍不到它
Just a couple of years ago, you’d pick one of them for fifty quid.
在几年前 这样随便一幅画只要50镑
No one was interested. Oh, I’d have been so interested.
还没人买♥♥ 哦 要是我肯定会很有兴趣
As you can see, I just love things.
你知道的 我就是喜欢不同的东西
That’s not a Lockey-Hill!
别告诉我那是洛基希尔大提琴!
There aren’t many people who come in here and say that.
来这儿的人一般都不会注意到这个
Certainly not me. Oh, it’s beautiful.
我可不算 哦 真漂亮
Do you play? I used to.
你会拉吗? 我以前拉过
I vowed to myself that one day I’d own one of these.
我曾经发誓以后一定要有这样的琴
And now I do, I want to never touch it.
现在我有了 反而不想去碰它了
It’s vulgar really, putting it on display.
附庸风雅地放在那里当摆设
Give it to Jenny. Huh?
那就送给珍妮吧 什么
I think that would be even more vulgar. Play for us, Jenny.
我觉得这样更不好 珍妮 来一曲吧
No. I mean, one day. When I’m good enough.
不 我是说 等哪天我练得够好了
Oh, she’s good enough now. David, you’ve never seen me play.
她现在就不错 大卫 你又没见过我拉琴
I can come and hear you in Oxford, when you get there.
等你去了牛津 我可以去那里听啊
We should all go and spend a weekend in Oxford.
咱们应该一起去牛津度周末
Straw boaters…
宽沿草帽…
punting, cream teas, anti… Boats?
河上泛舟 午茶甜点… 喜欢划船吗?
…quarian bookshops.
还有古董书店
Bit of business, if we can find it.
顺便看看 有没有商机
What about next weekend?
下周周末怎样?
Yes.
可以
I wouldn’t be allowed to do that.
他们不会放我出去的
I’ll talk to them.
我去和他们谈
You’re going to ask my father…
你可是要去和问我父亲
…if you can take me away for the weekend?
能不能把我接走去度周末?
He’d have you arrested. We’ll see.
他不会放过你的 试试看咯
I bet you can’t. How much?
我打赌你肯定不行 赌多少?
I’d be careful, if I were you, Jenny.
珍妮 如果我是你 我可是要小心了
You don’t know who you’re dealing with.
你不知道你的对手有多厉害
Half-a-crown.
2.5先令
You’re on.
成交
How do you know Danny?
你是怎么认识丹尼的?
Oh, you know.
哦 就是
We kept bumping into each other,
我们经常见面
…and we became pals,
久而久之就成了好朋友
…ended up doing a bit of business together, when it suits us.
后来发现兴趣相投 就一起做买♥♥卖♥♥
What kind of business?
什么样的买♥♥卖♥♥?
Property. A bit of art dealing.
不动产 和一些艺术品拍卖♥♥
Some buying and selling. This and that…
还有些林林总总的买♥♥卖♥♥交易
Alright, just be two ticks. Okay.
好了 我一会就回来 好的
Mr. Goldman, good to see you.
戈德曼先生 见到您很高兴啊
Madam. Alright.
女士 您好
Alright, I got this one. And, um… Put me down.
我提这个 还有… 把我放下来吧
Go on, then.
我们走吧
Sorry about that.
抱歉久等了
How do you know those Negro people? They’re clients.
你怎么认识这些黑人的? 他们也是顾客
Clients?
顾客?
Schwarzers have to live somewhere.
施瓦泽一家想要找栖身之所
It’s not as if they can rent off their own kind, is it?
可是一己之力却办不到 对吧?
Test results for the Virgil translation.
下面公布维吉尔诗的翻译测验结果
We’ll start from the bottom…
我们从后往前念…
Patricia.
帕特丽夏
Absent.
缺考
Margaret.
玛格丽特
48%.
48分
Jenny.
珍妮
52%.
52分
That would just about scrape a pass in the exam proper.
这才勉强够及格线
Not good enough for Oxford candidates.
要考牛津这可不够
It’s her Latin, isn’t it?
又是拉丁文学 是吧?
Everyone’s doing their best, Jack.
杰克 这时候每个人都在拼
But what if everyone’s best isn’t good enough?
可有些人拼了也不够优秀怎么办?
What do we do then? Hm?
那时候怎么办?
Well, perhaps the whole thing’s been a waste of money anyway.
可能这整个升学就是在浪费金钱?
You don’t mean that.
别这么说
Well, what’s she going to do with an English degree?
她修这个英语学位有什么用?
And if she’s going to spend three years playing that bloody cello…
花上三整年去拉那个要命的大提琴
…talking in French to a bunch of… beatniks,
跑去跟那些披头族大谈法语吗
Well, I’m… I’m just throwing good money after bad.
到时候老子不还是赔了夫人又折兵
I wish she might meet a nice lawyer.
我倒是想让她在那遇上个像样的律师
But she could do that at a dinner dance tomorrow.
但这种人她明天去舞会跳舞就能遇上
Oh, that’s the point of an Oxford education. Isn’t it, Dad?
这不就是牛津教育的本质吗 爸爸?
It’s the expensive alternative to a dinner dance.
不就是花大钱去舞会跳个舞吗?
What about private tuition?
要不要找个家教补习呢?
Can anybody hear me? How much this is going to cost me?
你们听不明白吗? 那我又要花多少?
Five shillings an hour. Maybe a little more for A-level.
1小时5先令 可能高级考试会多些
Five bob! We’ll spend five bob here, we’ll spend five bob there,
5先令! 这也5先令 那也5先令
…and next thing we know that’s our savings down the drain.
到最后所有的积蓄都花光了
And what else are we spending five bob on?
我们在哪儿花过5先令?
What else are we spending six pence on?
还是在哪儿花过6便士?
Oh, nothing? No, nothing! All of this is free.
哦 没有吗? 这些东西都不用钱吗?
This vase… is free.
这花瓶…免费的啊
It was, actually. It was a present from Auntie Vi.
事实上 是免费的 这是薇姑妈送的
That chair, this sofa… it’s all free.
这椅子 这沙发…都是免费的咯
We don’t have to pay for any of it.
这些我们都不用花钱啦
You see, that’s the beauty of life, Jenny.
看到没 珍妮 这就是生活之美好
You don’t have to pay for anything.
你不用为任何东西花一分钱
You know, there’s a lovely Oxford tree growing in the garden.
你知道吗 院子里面有一颗牛津树呢
Lucky for you, because that’s Oxford taken care of.
你要是走运的话 树能抵不少牛津学费
And there’s a whole orchard of school trees.
要是这种树种上一整园的话
So that school is free.
学校不就免费啦
And I think there’s even a private tuition tree in there.
我估计那儿可能也会有家教树
I’ll just go and check, shall I? Jack?
我先去看看 好吗? 杰克?
Oh, that’s alright, Marjorie. Don’t worry, I’ll be in a second.
没关系的 玛乔丽 别担心 我一会就回来
Because I think there’s a whole clump of them…
因为我在想会不会那些树中间
…surrounding the pocket money tree.
会有能生出血汗钱的树
I’ll just go and make sure they’re all nice and safe, shall I?
我只是过去看看它们长势如何
Oh, by the way, you might be lucky.
对了 顺便说一声 说不定你走运

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!