Bye. Bye.
再见 再见
Have a nice time.
祝你们愉快
Hello. Hello.
你好 你好
Are we late?
我们没迟到吧?
No, I thought we’re going to miss the beginning,
没有 我想我们会错过开场
…and then it wouldn’t be worth going in,
那其实也没什么值得看的
…and we could go off dancing or something.
我们可以先去跳个舞啊什么的
Helen is one of the more reluctant members of tonight’s audience.
海伦大概是今晚最会耍大牌的观众了
Hello.
你好
Jenny, these are my friends Helen and Danny.
珍妮 他们是我的朋友 海伦和丹尼
Shall we?
进去吧?
Fine.
好的
I’m sorry.
不好意思
That’s alright. It’s nice, isn’t it? It’s beautiful.
没事 这挺好看的 是不? 非常漂亮
Where did you get it from? Oh, in Chelsea somewhere.
在哪儿买♥♥的? 哦 在切尔西的一家店
Oh, yours is…
哦 你的衣服…
Well, it’s good for this sort of concert, isn’t it?
跟这种音乐会挺相配的 是不是?
Thank you.
谢谢
We should go shopping together one day, you and I, if you want.
如果你想去 我们哪天可以一起去买♥♥一 就我俩
That would be nice.
一定会很有趣的
But Chelsea… C’est beaucoup trop cher pour moi.
但是 切尔西…(法语)
Sorry?
什么?
I just said, um, it’s too expensive for me.
我是说 那地方对我来说太贵了
No, you didn’t.
你刚不是这么说的吧
You said something completely different.
你说的完全是别的东西
No, well… I said it in French.
不是的…呃…我刚刚说的是法语
In French? Why?
说法语? 为什么?
I don’t know.
我也不知道
Well, Chelsea is too expensive for me too, really.
切尔西的东西我也觉得很贵 真的
But, we don’t have to worry about that.
但是 那没什么好担心的
If you want something in Chelsea, just get David to take you shopping.
如果你想去切尔西购物 让大卫带你去就行了
Why would David want to take me shopping?
为什么大卫会愿意带我去购物?
I’ve booked a table at Juliette’s.
我已经在朱丽叶餐厅订了位
Will that kill the mood, do you think?
不会扫你们的兴吧?
Oh, I hope so.
但愿如此
God, I always think I’m going to my own funeral…
上帝啊 每次听古典音乐都让我觉得
…when I listen to classical music.
好像是在慢性自杀
That was classical, wasn’t it? Yes. Very classical.
这是古典音乐 对吧? 是的 相当古典
As classical as you can get.
你能听到的最古典的东西
Juliette’s it is, then.
朱丽叶餐厅在那儿
Heaven forbid that we’d end the evening
但愿我们不会在慢性自杀的气氛中
reflecting on our own mortality.
结束今晚的聚会
**I want a Sunday kind of love*
*我想要一个情意浓浓的周日
**A love to last past Saturday night*
*周六晚的爱意一直延续至第二天
Extraordinary woman right there, just like you, Helen.
那坐了个和你一样的绝世美女 海伦
What about “Chante Francoise Sagan”? Have you heard that one?
那张”歌♥唱弗朗西斯萨冈”怎么样? 你听过吗?
It’s wonderful I’ve only got…
很不错 我只听过…
Well, I think it’s just called “Juliette Greco”.
我想应该就叫”朱丽叶·葛瑞科”
The one with the eyes on the sleeve.
就是袖子上印了眼睛的那张
I saved up and got my French conversation teacher…
我已经存够了钱 并让我的法语口语老师
…to bring it back after Christmas.
在圣诞前带给我
You’ve got a French conversation teacher?
你有法语口语老师
Yes.
是啊
Is that why you suddenly speak French for no reason?
那就是你经常无缘无故来两句法语的原因?
You never heard her sing?
你还没听过她唱歌♥吧?
She’s marvellous.
她唱得非常好
You’d see her in Paris then, not here.
你应该在巴黎看她表演 而不是在这
David will take you.
大卫会带你去
I’d love to. You’d fit right in.
我很想去 正中下怀
Better than here, really.
比这里可好多了 真的
Isn’t it wonderful to find a young person who wants to know things?
找个对什么都懵懂好奇的年轻人多有趣啊?
There’s so much I want you to see.
有好多东西我都想带你去看
Are you alright to come and have a look at that…
星期五你有空跟我一起去看一看
…Pembroke Villas place with me on Friday, Danny?
彭布罗克的别♥墅♥区吗 丹尼?
Oh, no. I can’t.
哦 我没空
There’s a Burne-Jones coming up at Christie’s on Friday.
周五克里斯蒂拍卖♥♥行正好有伯恩·琼斯的作品
Desperate to get my hands on it.
我早就垂涎三尺了
You’re thinking of buying a Burne-Jones?
你想买♥♥一幅伯恩·琼斯的画?
A real one?
真迹?
I just had a feeling that the pre-Raphaelites are going to take off.
我有预感前拉斐尔派的画作将要大幅升值
I love the pre-Raphaelites.
我爱死前拉斐尔派的画风了
Do you? Yes, of course.
是吗? 是啊 当然是了
Um, Rossetti and Burne-Jones, anyway.
罗塞蒂和伯恩·琼斯 都不错
Not Holman Hunt, so much. He’s so garish.
不是太喜欢霍尔曼·亨特 他有点俗气
Oh, absolutely!
哦 说得太对了!
Well, why don’t we all go to the auction together?
既然这样 不如我们大家一起去拍卖♥♥会吧?
Auction? Gosh! How exciting!
拍卖♥♥会? 天啊! 太有意思了!
Next Friday morning.
下周五早晨
Friday, oh.
周五 哦
You’re busy?
你没空吗?
Yes. Too bad.
是的 真不巧
What a pity! It’s no problem.
太遗憾了! 不过没关系
Are you sure you’re busy? No.
你真的没空吗? 不
I’m sure I could re-arrange.
我想我可以重新安排一下
That would be lovely.
肯定会很愉快的
**You got me wrapped around your little finger*
*你的指尖拨动我的心弦
**If this is love, it’s everything I hoped it would be*
*如果这是爱 那定是我心所向
**When we kiss, it’s as if our lips agree*
*当我们热吻 就好像我们的双唇都赞同
**That we were meant to be*
*我们是天造地设的一对
**When we touch,*
*我们互相爱抚
What are you doing?
你在干什么?
I can’t get this casserole dish clean.
这个砂锅盘怎么洗不干净
It’s all burnt round…
边缘都烧焦了
It’s twenty-five to twelve.
现在是十一点三十五分了
We finish tea at seven. I know what the time is.
我们七点就喝完了茶 我知道现在几点
How was your evening?
今晚过得如何?
The best night of my life.
是我人生中最棒的一晚
Good night, Mom.
晚安 妈妈
I can think of two violins, one cello,
我想到了两个小提琴 一个大提琴
…two violas, a harp.
两个中音提琴 一个竖琴
I don’t want to hear about Ravel.
我不想听这一团乱麻
I want to know what else was on the program.
我想知道还有什么别的有意思的事情不
Oh, there was nothing like that. He was a perfect gentleman.
哦 别想歪了 他是个纯粹的绅士
He just said he wanted to take me places and show me things.
他只说他想带我去很多地方看很多东西
Things? Plural? My God!
很多东西? 还不止一样? 天啊!
I knew that “Jane Eyre” would eventually
我就知道”简·爱”这样的巨著
work its magic upon you.
会给你们带来深远的影响
I’m assuming that’s what you’re so animated about.
姑且假设你们的兴奋都是因此而起的
Of course.
当然了
“Jane Eyre” and Jenny’s new boyfriend.
“简·爱”还有珍妮的新男朋友
He’s not my “new boyfriend”.
他不是我的新”男朋友”
Oh, sorry. He’s more a man-friend actually.
哦抱歉 他顶多是个男性朋友
He’s got a sports car, Ms. Stubbs. It’s maroon.
他有一辆跑车 斯塔布斯女士 栗色的
So could we call him, uh, Mr. Rochester figure?
所以我们可以称他为 呃 罗切斯特先生的替身?
I think he must be as blind as Mr. Rochester.
那么他应该跟罗切斯特一样是盲人喽
You may or may not have noticed, I’m trying to stir the subject away…
你们或许还没意识到 我正试图把话题从
…from Jenny’s lurid love-life and into the matter in hand.
珍妮混乱的爱情生活引向我们今天的正题
And it’s clear from this evidence…
而且一切情况都表明
…that most of you know far too much about the former…
你们中的大多数都对珍妮的爱情太过关心
…and next to nothing about the latter.
而对今天的正题一无所知
Reluctantly, I have to admit that
尽管我很不情愿 但我必须承认
Jenny is clearly an expert on both.
珍妮对这两样都很拿手
Excellent as always, Jenny.
你一向很优秀 珍妮
Hello. Hello.
你好 你好
Hello. Hello.
你好 你好
Any further bids?
还有更高的出价吗?
Sold them for 60 guineas.
60畿尼成交(1畿尼等于一磅一先令)
Hello. You’re late.
你好 你们迟到了
We now turn to lot 41.
现在我们看41号♥拍品
“The Tree of Forgiveness” by Sir Edward Burne-Jones.
“宽恕之树” 作者爱德华伯恩·琼斯

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!