Of course, but it doesn’t have to be books, does it?
当然 不过不一定是书 不是吗?
And magazines will do just as well.
读杂♥志♥也一样
And you learn more from them anyway.
你还会学到的更多
Oh, Helen.
噢 海伦
Oh, you won’t be laughing, David,
噢大卫 等她变成
…when she gets all speccy and spotty.
满脸痘痘的四眼妹你就笑不出来了
Danny didn’t seem very pleased about our engagement.
我们的订婚 丹尼看上去没那么开心
I noticed that, too! Thought he might be a bit jealous.
我也注意到了!他可能有点嫉妒
Jealous?
嫉妒?
We’re going to keep him away from you.
我们得让你和他保持距离
I mean, what I’m supposed to order for starter, anyway?
我是说 开胃菜我要点什么?
And how will I know what is a starter and what isn’t?
而且我要怎么才知道哪个是开胃菜
We’ve been through this, Dad.
我们已经谈过了 爸爸
It’ll be quite clearly marked on the menu.
菜单上会写的很清楚
Oh, can’t the three of you just go on your own?
噢 你们3个就不能自己去嘛?
Leave me here. I’ll be perfectly happy with a tin of salmon.
我待在家 一罐鲑鱼就能满足我了
Hello. Hello.
你们好 好
Ready?
准备好了?
I think you’ll like this place, Jack.
我想你会喜欢那个地方的 杰克
Their wine list is as good as anything I’ve seen in London.
他们的红酒菜单和我在伦敦见过的一样棒
Yes, someone told me that.
是的 有人告诉过我了
David, probably. Who else would it have been?
也许就是大卫 不然还有谁?
Madam.
女士
I was hoping you’d take us in this.
我就是希望你会开这辆载我们去
Hey, you won’t want to drive in anything else after tonight.
嘿 今晚过后你不会想坐别的车了
Mind you, it drinks petrol. Yes.
要留心 它用油跟喝水似的 是的
I’m afraid we’ll have to stop on the way into town.
恐怕我们得在路上停停
I feel like Eamonn Andrews.
我现在就像伊蒙·安德鲁斯(爱尔兰电视主持人)
Is that a good thing?
这是好事么
Eamonn Andrews is the poshest person that Jack can imagine being.
能成为伊蒙·安德鲁斯那样的人是杰克的梦想
How are you tonight, sir? Very well.
你好吗 先生? 很好
You might as well fill her up.
和以前一样加满油
I’m gonna make a quick call. I’ll be two ticks.
我去打个电♥话♥ 马上回来
Do you think I should offer to help, pay for the petrol?
你觉得我应该出手付油费吗?
Would he feel insulted, what do you think?
他会觉得被冒犯吗? 你怎么想?
I know, he said tonight was his treat.
我知道他说过今晚他请
But, does that apply to the petrol, what do you think?
但是这也包括油费? 你怎么说?
I’m quite sure it does, Jack.
我确定是的 杰克
Jack! Come on, it just came off.
杰克! 它自己掉下来了
Filled my bill? Huh? Thank you, sir.
加满了? 谢谢先生
Take this.
拿着
Jenny! Jenny…
珍妮! 珍妮…
Take us home. What’s wrong?
带我们回家 出什么事了?
I’m afraid there’s been…
我想这里…
Jenny’s in bit of a shock. What’s happened?
珍妮受了不小惊吓 发生了什么事?
It’s just another one of David’s little muddles and misunderstandings.
只是大卫的另一个小麻烦和小误会
I don’t want to hear another word from anybody.
我不想听任何人说话
Take us home. Now! Fine.
现在带我们回家 好
You can take care of this, can’t you, David?
你能处理好的是吗 大卫?
Go inside, Dad.
进去 爸爸
Mr. and Mrs. David Goldman,
大卫·戈德曼先生和夫人
Mr. and Mrs. David Goldman, Mr. and Mrs. David…
大卫·戈德曼先生和夫人 大卫·戈德曼先生和…
You’re married!
你结婚了!
Legally, yes, but I…
法律上是 但是我…
When were you going to tell me?
你什么时候准备告诉我?
Soon.
很快
It just never seemed like the right time.
只是时机一直不对
You seemed so happy, and I was happy…
你看上去很快乐 我也很快乐
You were living with your wife! All this time!
你和你妻子一起住! 一直以来都是!
Around the corner! Byron Avenue!
在街角! 拜伦街道!
It’s no wonder we kept bumping into each other, is it?
难怪我们一直撞见 不是嘛?
What number? Thrity four.
几号♥? 34号♥
Don’t be like this. Come on.
别这样 拜托
I have nothing.
我一无所有了
I didn’t take my exams.
我没有去考试
I do… I left school.
我…我离开了学校
Where’s it all gone, now?
现在要何去何从?
I can get a divorce.
我可以离婚
Everything will turn out for the best.
一切都会有一个完美结局
Go and tell them.
去告诉他们
Go and tell them, then go and tell your wife.
去告诉他们然后告诉你妻子
They won’t listen now. Alright?
他们现在听不进去 好吗?
I’ll come round tomorrow. When…
我会明天过来 当…
…everyone’s a bit calmer.
大家都冷静一点
Please don’t leave me…
请别留下我
Please don’t leave me to tell them on my own.
别留下我独自面对他们
You owe me that much. You owe them that much.
你欠我 欠他们那么多
I owe them much more than that.
我欠他们不止这些
Two minutes. And then I’ll come out and drag you in.
2分钟 然后我会出来拉你进去
What’s going on?
怎么回事?
He’s helping himself to some Dutch courage before facing you.
他在帮自己找些酒后之勇来面对你们
Stolen Dutch courage, from the look of it.
偷荷兰人的勇气 看上去是
He has something he has to tell you.
他有些事要告诉你们
He just drove off.
他刚开走了
Can you tell us?
你能告诉我们吗?
Jenny, please?
珍妮 拜托?
I wouldn’t worry about it too much.
我不会太担心
When I found out… Not now, Helen.
当我发现… 不是现在 海伦
I tried to tell him.
我一直想劝他
I’m not speaking to him now,
我现在不和他说话了
…if that’s any consolation.
如果这对你有所安慰
It’s a funny world you people live in.
你们生活的世界可真够奇怪的
You both watched me carrying on with a married man,
看着我和已婚男人在一起
…and you did’t think it’s worth saying anything about.
你们却一声不吭
If you want that conversation…
如果你想谈论这个
You watched David and I help ourselves to a map,
你看着大卫和我顺手牵羊拿了张地图
…and you didn’t say much either.
也没多发表评论
Come on, you. Let’s go.
来吧 我们走
Good boy.
好孩子
Hello.
你好
Hello.
你好
Sorry, I think I have the wrong number.
抱歉 我想我走错号♥码了
I was looking for my… I wanted number for my cello lesson.
我在找我… 我想去上大提琴课
Oh, no. Don’t tell me.
噢不 别告诉我
Good God!
上帝啊!
You’re a child.
你是个孩子
You didn’t know about any of this.
你什么都不知道
Presumably.
想必是
No. They never do.
是的 她们从来都被蒙在鼓里
You’re not in the family way, are you?
你没有怀孕吧?
Because that’s happened before.
因为之前发生过
Thank God for that.
感谢上帝
No. No. You stay here.
不 不 你别走
Did you see her? Yes, I saw her.
你见到她了? 是的 见了
I didn’t talk to her. There wasn’t any need.
我没和她说话 没有必要
We’ve to have this out.
我们必须说出来
Well, if you won’t do it, I will.
如果你不说 那我去
I’m still your father. You’re my father again, are you?
我还是你父亲 现在你又是我父亲了?
What were you when you encouraged me to throw my life away?
当你鼓励我自毁前程的时候 你算什么?
Silly schoolgirls are always getting seduced by glamorous older men.
愚蠢的小女生总被迷人的年长男人诱惑
What about you two?
那个时候你们俩干嘛去了?
Jenny?
珍妮?
Jenny?
珍妮?
Jenny, I’m sorry.
珍妮 我很抱歉
I know… I know I’ve made a mess of everything.
我知道…我知道我搞砸了
All my life I’ve been scared,
我一生都在担惊受怕
I didn’t want you to be scared.
我不想你也这样
That’s why I wanted you to go to Oxford.
所以我想你去上牛津
And then along came David, and…
然后大卫出现了
…he knew famous writers,
他认识知名的作家

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!