为什么就不能 在它们活着时观赏
Why can’t he look at them when they’re alive?
因为他不觉得 杀那些蛾有什么不对
He kills them because he sees nothing wrong with killing them.
而且 蛾也很容易 捕捉和杀死
Also, they’re very easy to catch… and kill.
那他是怎么杀蛾的 夏默士先生?
How does he do it, Mr. Summers?
你很快就会知道
You’ll see, boy.
今晚你就能看到了
You’ll see tonight.
他用的是什么东西? -那是个狡滑的机器
What’s that he’s got? – It’s a deceitful machine.
它发出的强光…
It’s a light so bright
能将一哩内的 飞蛾和昆虫都吸引来
that all the moths and insects are attracted from miles around,
它们被灯光骗了 懂吗?
tricked by the light, you see?
我们得弄熄他的灯
We’re gonna put his light out.
怎么弄?
How?
砸烂它 孩子 把它砸了
Smash it, boy. Smash it.
我以前来过一次 砸烂过那盏灯一次
I’ve been here once before and I’ve smashed it once before.
这也是工作吗?
Is it part of the work?
对
Yes.
我可以做吗?
Can I do it?
你说什么?
What?
我不知道
I don’t know.
拜托
Please.
好啊 有何不可
All right. Why not?
你肯定跑得比我快
You’ll be able to run faster than me, that’s for sure.
拿着这块石头
Take this stone.
跑过去 尽可能靠近
Run as close as you dare,
然后用石头 用力砸向中间的灯
and throw it right in the center. Throw it as hard as you can.
砸烂它
Smash it.
你觉得 自己能办到吗?
You think you can do that?
能 我能 -很好
Yeah, I can do that. – Good.
就是现在
Mr. Summers: Now!
快跑
Run!
动手
Do it!
快呀 看在上帝份上 快动手
Come on, for God’s sake. Do it!
嘿!
Hey! Hey!
好孩子
Good boy.
夏默士先生 夏默士先生
Bobby: Mr. Summers. Mr. Summers!
嘘 我在这儿
Mr. Summers: Shh! It’s me.
快点 孩子 快
Come on, hurry, boy. Hurry!
那只狗怎么办
What about the dog?
用不着担心 你看
Don’t worry about him. Look.
( growls )
我说过我以前来过 跟我来 快
I told you I’ve been here before. Come on, hurry!
我做得对吗?
Did I do it right?
是的 巴比
Yes, Bobby.
我得说 你做得太棒了
I have to say, you did it very right.
你觉得如何
How do you feel?
我觉得好极了
I feel fine.
是有点害怕 但感觉真好
I’m a bit tired, I’m really fine.
( laughing )
工作的第一天是我和 桑默斯先生相处时光中
Bobby: The first day was the most exciting
最为刺♥激♥的一天
of all my days with Mr. Summers
因为那天我们 攻击了鳞翅目学者的灯
because of the attack on the lepidopterist’s light.
我们其它的工作 都没那么刺♥激♥
We never did anything else like that,
尽管夏默士先生有 一大堆的计划和安排
although Mr. Summers had plenty of plans and schemes.
其余大多时间 我们都在…
The rest of the time, we walked up and down
迀曲起伏的 小路上行走
the narrow, twisty roads,
埋葬那些被车 辗死的动物
burying the animals the cars had squashed.
真是奇妙的形状 对吧
Curious carving, isn’t it?
那是大象 -没错 是大象
Bobby: It’s an elephant. – Mr. Summers : That’s right. It is.
因为有越来越多的 假日游客来到康沃尔
Bobby: As our bit of Cornwall got more and more packed with holiday-makers,
有越来越多的车辆涌入 也有越来越多的死亡
there were many more cars… many more deaths.
你们这些疯子
You maniac!
滚出这里! 神经病!
Get out of here, lunatic!
这是很重要的工作
It was important work,
但却很悲伤
but sad.
夏默士先生 越来越易怒
Mr. Summers got crosser and crosser
也更常在白天 喝威士忌酒
and took to drinking whiskey out of the bottle during the day.
他咒骂那些开车的人
He said awful things about the people in the cars,
尽管我觉得 他们看来没那么糟
though I thought they looked quite ordinary.
但他一直待我很好
But he was always very nice to me.
夏默士先生 你看
Aw, Mr. Summers, look.
噢 不
Oh, no.
是一只獾
Not a badger.
可怜的东西
Poor creature.
一定是昨晚被撞到的
Must have been knocked over last night.
这是为什么
Why?
为什么 神呐
Why, in God’s name?
谁能告诉我 是为什么
Will somebody tell me why?
它真漂亮 不是吗?
He’s so beautiful, isn’t he?
他真大 我不知道獾有这么大
He’s big. I had no idea they were this big.
它太大只了 没法子埋在路旁
He’s too big to bury around here.
我们傍晚找个地方放它 再找个适合地点埋它
We’ll collect him in the evening and bury him somewhere special.
得先把它带走
Need to get him off the road.
来吧 巴比
Come on, Bobby.
把它抱起来
Pick him up.
就是这样
That’s it.
把它带过来
Bring him over here.
把它放在那墙边
Let’s put him over by the wall.
很好 这样就看不到它了
That’s good. He can’t be seem from there.
我们等晚点 再来带它去埋好
We’ll pick him up and we’ll bury him later.
混♥蛋♥
Bastards.
真是些混♥蛋♥
Bloody bastards.
( thunder rolls )
可恶 我犯了错误
Mr. Summers: Damn it, I made a mistake.
我们可不想和那些家伙搅和 走吧 巴比
We don’t want to be involved in all this. Come on, Bobby.
但可以买♥♥个冰淇淋吧?
But it would be nice to get ice-cream, wouldn’t it?
好吧 过来
All right. Come on.
好 拿去
All right. Yeah.
别去太久 我不喜欢这些…
Don’t be long. You know I don’t much like the beach
假日来海滩的游客
with the holiday people there.
我在这儿等你 -好的
I’ll wait for you here. – Okay.
谢谢你 夏默士先生 别担心 我很快回来
Thanks, Mr. Summers. Don’t worry, I won’t be long.
快 我们走吧
Girl : Come on, let’s go.
巴比
Bobby.
真的是你 巴比
Is it really you, Bobby?
你上哪儿去了
Where have you been?
伯纳德到处在找你
Bernard’s been looking for you all over the place.
来吃个冰淇淋吧
Come and have an ice-cream.
不 我得回去了
No, I’ve got to get back.
有谁在等你吗 -是的
Is there someone waiting for you? – Yeah.
不、不 我只是–
No, no. It’s just–
没事的 别紧张 别紧张
It’s all right. Calm down. Calm down.
我们去买♥♥个冰淇淋
Let’s go and get that ice-cream.
打给办公室 -好 我去打
Call the office. – Yeah, I’ll call them.
你为何要逃走 巴比
Why did you run away, Bobby?
我很害怕 -害怕?
I was frightened. – Frightened?
你怕什么?
What were you frightened of?
怕他
Of him.
我怕他、怕胖子 怕我的继父
Of him. Of The Fat, my stepfather.
我不明白
I don’t understand.
他好可怕 他杀了我的宠物鼠
He was horrible. He killed my pet mouse.
他说他要把我 送去医院待一辈子
He said he was going to send me away to a hospital, forever.
冷静点 巴比
Steady on, Bobby.
我同意他的确是–
I can accept that he’s–
我是说他确实 和你母亲很不一样
I mean, not exactly the same sort of person your mother was,
但他不可能 像你说的那么坏
but he’s not as bad as all that, surely?
两个香草甜筒
Two vanilla cones, please.
要加脆片吗
Is that with flakes?
要脆片? 不 不要 谢谢
Flake? No, no without the flake. Thank you.
不要脆片 两球 对吗? -巴比 回来
Without. Two scoops, dear? – Bobby. Come back!
巴比
Bobby!
巴比!等等!
Bobby! Wait!
巴比!