Come with me? Where to?
你知道的 就是你要去的地方
You know, where you’re going.
你住的地方
Where you live.
和你住一起 就这样
To stay, is all.
住一起? 不 当然不行
To stay? No, of course not.
你不能跟我走
You can’t come with me.
不行 我认为 你也该回家了
No, I think it’s about time you went home
或是去你本来 要去的地方
or wherever it was you were going.
我不能回家 我是逃出来的
I can’t go home. I’ve run away.
那我也不能带上你
Well, I can’t take you with me.
这不可行 我还有工作要做
It’s out of the question. I’ve got work to do.
我可以帮着你做 我想要帮忙
I can help you with the work. I wanna help you.
那你真是好心 孩子 我都还不认识你呢
Well, so good, boy. I don’t know you.
而且你说 你是逃出来的?
And you say you’ve run away?
这可不妙
Well, that’s not good.
大家可能会来找你 我更加不能这么做
People might come looking for you. I can’t be doing with that.
我可以帮你挖掘 我也能帮你拿东西
I could help with the digging. I could carry your things for you.
你到底是哪里听不懂 我说不行!
Listen, are you simple or something? I said no.
不!不!不! 立刻走 快回家去
No, no, no. Now, go away. Go home.
我想要擦鞋 我从没事情可做
I wanna shine a shoe! I never have anything to do!
( sniffling )
( crying )
嘿 没事了 别这样
Hey, it’s all right. No, no, no.
起来吧 嗯?
Come up. Huh? Huh?
求求你 我可以一起吗? 我已经无处可去了
Please, can I come? I’ve got nowhere to go.
这…我–
Well, I–
我说–
Well, I mean–
你真的想帮我做事
do you really want to help with the work?
是的 求求你
Yes. Please.
你喜欢动物吗?
Do you like animals?
我爱动物
I love animals.
那 我可以一起去了?
So, can I come?
好吧 我想可以
Yes, I suppose so.
我是说 要是 你是真心要来的话
I mean, if you really want to come.
我是
Yeah.
谢谢你
Thank you.
谢谢你 你真是个好人
Thank you. You’re a very nice man.
想要的话 就跟着来吧
Man: Come on, if you’re coming.
你忘了威士忌 -噢 谢谢
You dropped your whiskey. – Oh, thank you.
你得记着 几个重要的事
There’s a few important things you have to remember.
第一 绝不能告诉任何人
First one is, never talk to anyone
不能说关于工作 或我的任何事 懂吗?
about the work, or about me. Got it?
懂
Yep.
第二 永远照着我的话去做
The second one is, always do as I say.
第三是…
The third one is,
你绝不能杀害任何生命
you must never kill anything.
你了解吗?
You understand that?
绝不能杀害任何生命
Never kill any living thing.
好的 我都记住了 我保证做到
Yeah, I’ll remember them all. I promise.
很好 这就对了
Good. That’s it then.
对了 你叫什么名字? -巴比
By the way, what’s your name? – Bobby.
叫我夏默士先生
Call me Mr. Summers.
天很快要黑了
It’s gonna get dark soon.
我们还有很长的路要走
We’ve got a long way to go.
那是什么声音 夏默士先生?
What’s that noise, Mr. Summers?
你很快就会知道
You’ll see.
看到没? 是竹子的声音
You see? It’s bamboo.
竹子在风中叹息
It does so sigh in the wind.
来吧 孩子
Come on, boy.
我会把它想像成 是大地在对我低语
I imagine it’s the land whispering to me.
或是在演奏 他们的音乐
Or playing its music.
想吃晚餐吗?
Do you want some supper?
好啊 谢谢
Yes, please.
来 到这儿来
Come on. Here.
( water running )
洗个手坐下吧
Wash you hands and sit down.
这是干嘛?
Bobby: What’s that for?
你说这些干酪? 这是给老鼠吃的
The cheese? It’s for the mice.
等老鼠吃完
When the mice are finished,
蟑螂会来吃剩下的
the cockroaches come and eat what’s left.
这就是自然的法则
It’s nature’s way.
那你每晚都会喂老鼠吗?
So, do you feed the mice every night?
只要晚上我在这儿就喂
Every might that I’m here.
要是我喂它们 它们就不会偷我东西
If I feed them, they don’t steal from me.
人们为了不让老鼠偷窃 通常是杀了他们
People usually kill mice when they don’t want them to steal.
但我喂他们
But I feed them.
好了 你该上♥床♥睡觉了
Well, I think it’s time you went to bed.
今晚你可以睡那里
You can sleep there for tonight.
谢谢
Thanks.
晚安 夏默士先生 -我把灯熄了
Good might, Mr. Summers. – I’ll put the lights out now.
夏默士先生 快看
Mr. Summers. Look!
是老鼠、老鼠!
It’s the mice. It’s the mice.
我以前有一只宠物鼠
I used to have a pet mouse.
它是只叫彼得的 漂亮黑白鼠
He was a beautiful black and white mouse called Peter.
它很温顺 他会坐在我的手上
He was so tame, he’d sit right in my hand.
要是彼得在这儿
If Peter was here,
这些老鼠一定会 封它做王
these mice might have made him king or something.
有时间我很想 听听你的老鼠的故事
I would like to hear more about that mouse of yours sometime.
但现在你该好好睡觉
Right now, I think you should get some sleep.
夏默士先生?
Mr. Summers?
那个夏天 我在康沃尔常这么做
Bobby: I did that a lot, that summer in Cornwall.
我会花上许多时间 观看这些小生命们…
I spent a lot of time watching the tiny things
在草丛中忙着 他们自己的事
go about their business in the grass.
我常常在清醒时做梦
I used to have dreams with my eyes open.
有时在梦境中 我就像…
Sometimes it was as if I was as small
被我观看的 东西一样小
as the things I was watching.
我常进入那梦境 和它们比肩
I used to go in beside them somehow,
围绕着我的 一切都很巨大
and everything was big around me.
有时我在里头会迷路
Sometimes I got lost in there,
但每当我害怕时 我都会让自己从头再来
but when I got frightened, I always came back to being me again,
所以我从不哭泣
so I never cried.
这些小家伙 好像都想去某个地方
All those tiny things seemed to be going somewhere.
我从没弄清 那儿是哪儿
I never found out where it was.
早安 孩子
Good morning, boy.
你上哪儿了? -我到城里去购物
Where have you been? – I’ve been into town, shopping.
给你买♥♥了几样东西
Got a few things for you.
进来 我拿给你看
Come on in, I’ll show you.
那么
So, then,
我给你买♥♥了靴子
I got you some boots…
还有睡袋 就是这个
and a sleeping bag. There it is.
给你用的背包
And a knapsack of your own.
保温瓶
A thermos.
对了 还有小铲子 用来挖土
Oh, yes, and a trowel, for digging.
牙刷
And a toothbrush.
噢 等等
Oh, wait.
还有这个
I got you this.
好了 快点把它打开吧
Well, come on then, boy. Open it up.
太棒了!
Oh, brilliant!
我一直想要– 谢谢你–
I’ve always– thanks–
谢谢你买♥♥的东西 我一直很想有只瑞士刀
thanks for everything, but I’ve always really wanted one of these knives.
嘿 这个镇是不大 但商店倒是很棒的
Hey, it’s not a big town, but the shops are very good
因为有假日游客 和观光客
because of the holiday-makers and the tourists, you see.
现在 我去弄午餐
Now, I’ll get us some lunch.
然后 我们就要开始工作了
Then we’ve got to make a start.
我们有很重要的工作
We’ve got some especially important work.
我们得搞定 一个鳞翅目学者
We’ve got a lepidopterist to deal with.
这个鳞翅目学者…
What does the lepidopterist do
要那些死蛾做什么?
with the dead moths?
他要用大头针 钉住他们 孩子
He sticks pins in them, boy.
把那些蛾放在 有玻璃盖的盒子里
Keeps them in cases with glass tops.
他收集数以千计的蛾
He collects them, thousands of them.
那他为什么要杀蛾呢
Why does he have to kill them?