一开始是 很新鲜有趣
First it was fun
因为我被 关在家里太久了
because I had been kept indoors for so long,
但后来我就 开始觉得累了
but then I started to get tired.
你看 这人遇到麻烦了
Woman : Look, that guy’s in trouble.
嘿 你没事吧? 你生病了吗?
Hey, you all right? Are you ill?
没事 我只是累了
No, I’m just tired.
也饿了
Hungry.
你是想上哪儿去吗
Are you trying to get somewhere?
是呀 去康沃尔 -是想搭便车去
Yeah, Cornwall. – Right, hitching.
我走路去
Walking.
走路去康沃尔? 你是在开玩笑吧
To Cornwall? You must be joking.
不
No.
伊芙愿意的 戴丝 让他上来吧
Yeah, Eve’s all right, Des, get him in.
上车来和我们一道走吧
Well, come with us in the van.
这只狗叫吉姆 -哈啰
That’s Jim, the dog. – Hello.
他很友善 你可以摸摸他 -嗨 狗狗
He’s friendly, just pet him. – Hi, doggy.
我们很乐意载你一程 我们是旅行者
Des: We’re happy to give you a lift. We’re travelers.
我叫戴丝 你叫什么名字?
My name’s Des, what’s yours?
我叫巴比
I’m Bobby.
好了 这儿是葛拉斯顿伯里 我们要转往阿瓦隆
Des: Okay, this is Glastonbury. We turn off here for Avalon.
你在这儿 很容易搭到便车
You’ll easily get a ride from here.
好的
Bobby: Right. – ( Jim barks )
谢谢你送我 -没事
Thanks for the lift. – Yeah.
再见 祝好运 -加油 朋友
See ya. Good luck. – Cheers, mate.
再见 狗狗
Bye, doggy.
对不起 你要去康沃尔吗?
Bobby: Excuse me, are you going to Cornwall?
抱歉 我要去其它地方
No, sorry mate. I’m going the other way.
对不起 你要去康沃尔吗?
Excuse me, are you going to Cornwall?
不是 我要上伦敦去
No, London, mate.
你会去康沃尔吗?
You going to Cornwall?
是啊 没问题 上来吧
Yeah, no problem. Hop in.
你很幸运 我正要出发
Man : You’re lucky, I was just leavimg.
你的行李呢
Where’s all your gear, then?
我没什么要带的
I don’t need any things
因为我要去 和我外祖父住一起
’cause I’m going to stay with my grandpa.
我会停在特鲁罗
Well, I finish at Truro.
你刚说你会到康沃尔!
You said you were going to Cornwall.
特鲁罗就在康沃尔
Truro is in Cornwall.
你有带钱吗
You got any money?
有一些
Yeah, some.
你可以在下个休息站 吃些东西喝杯茶
You can get us something to eat and a cup of tea at the next services.
因为再来 就不会再停了
We won’t be stopping after that.
这卡车得在明早 七点回到休息站
The truck has to be back in the yard by 7 : 00.
这是兔子的脚吗?
Bobby: Is that a rabbit’s foot?
还没到康沃尔吗?
We in Cornwall yet?
真叫人惊喜 你终于醒了
Surprise, surprise, awake at last.
你真是个糟糕的同伴
You were no damn use as company.
这一路真是冷清
Out cold the whole way.
你看 是只狐狸
Look, it’s a fox.
你看好了
Look at that, will you?
看我收拾这家伙
Watch me get the bugger.
你在干嘛 不~!住手
What are you doing? No! Stop it!
滚开 别碍事
Get off! Get off! Get off me!
放开我 你会害死我们
Get off me. You’ll get us both killed.
天啊 稳住
Jesus, hold on.
天啊~!
Oh my God!
可恶!
Oh shit!
( man moans weakly )
不
Man #2: No.
别管他
Leave him alone.
你手里拿着什么
What’s that you’ve got there?
是只兔子 已经死了
It’s a rabbit. It’s dead.
有意外时 该帮助人的
You’re supposed to help people when there has been an accident.
没用的 他已经没救了
It’s no use. He’s beyond help.
你只需要帮助好人
Anyway, you only help good people.
他不是个好人 因为他杀了这只兔子
He’s not good. He killed this rabbit.
没错 我看到了 我当时就在他旁边
Yeah, I saw it. I was with him when he did it.
不对 那是只狐狸 我看到的是狐狸
No, it was a fox. I saw a fox.
不 狐狸逃得快
No, the fox ran clear.
这只可怜的兔子 被撞个正着
This is the poor little rabbit that got in the way.
你看看 告诉你
Look. Told you.
现在他自己 就像这只兔子
He’s like the rabbit now.
死了
Dead.
死透了
Dead.
你该埋葬死人
You’re supposed to bury dead people.
他的同类就能做这事
His own kind can do that.
我有别的工作
I have other work.
你多大了 孩子?
How old are you, boy?
我24岁了 -24岁?
I’m 24. – 24?
我看你根本不到18岁
Not yet 1 8 I shouldn’t wonder.
不 我24岁了
No, I’m 24.
这不公平 大家都认为我还小 但我已经是个成人了
It’s not fair, everybody always thinks I’m younger, but I’m a Man.
我只是感觉 像是小孩子
Just feel like a boy.
你为什么要埋兔子
Why did you bury the rabbit?
因为它死了 孩子
‘Cause it was dead, boy.
因为我想这么做
Because I wanted to.
因为有个生物被杀了 我将它回归大地
When a creature is killed, I return it to the earth.
我认为这是我的工作
I consider it my work.
你的工作?
Your work?
一般人都认为…
Rabbits are generally thought to be
兔子是讨喜的动物
pleasing animal.
然而 像是老鼠 却普遍受人厌弃
Whereas, rats, for example, are generally detested.
但在自然规律中…
Both are living creatures of equal value
它们是同等价值的生物
in nature’s scheme.
当他们死亡时 他们该被埋葬
When they’re dead, they should be buried.
那你也该埋葬 死去的人类
And you’re supposed to bury dead people.
人类? 人类毫无价值
People? People are of no value at all
我是这么认为的
as far as I’m concerned.
何况他们可以互相埋葬 但动物们需要帮助
Besides, they can bury each other. The animals need help.
全人类都在杀害它们
All the men kill them.
而我埋葬它们
I bury them.
我会埋葬 兔子、老鼠、鸟
I bury rabbits, rats, mice and birds.
还有青蛙、刺猬 其至是蜗牛
And frogs, hedgehogs, even snails.
你要上哪儿 找那么多动物埋
Where do you find so many things to bury?
你认为呢?
Where do you think?
就在马路上找 孩子 就在该死的马路上
On the roads, boy. On the bloody roads.
车子就是完美的 杀戮机器
The car is a killing machine, pure and simple.
我埋葬了太多动物
I’ve buried so many.
你一定也明白的
Well, you must know.
你一定也曾在车座上 感受到小小辗爆声
You must have been in cars and felt that little bump,
那车轮下微弱的吱吱声
that faint crunch under the wheels.
当然 当有小东西 突然出现在…
Surely you’ve had that moment of indecision
你的车灯前时 你会有片刻的犹豫
when some little live creature shows up in your headlight,
但你仍会这么开过去 然后就将此事抛诸脑后
but you drive over anyway and forget about it.
每当那些鸟儿的身躯…
Don’t you scream blue murder
撞上你那珍贵的烤漆时 你是不是都为了车子鬼叫
every time the body of a bird hits the precious paintwork of your car?
你杀了多少动物 小子? 为什么这么做?
How many have you killed, boy? And why?
为什么! -住手
Why? – Stop it.
我从没开过车 我不会开车
I’ve never driven a car. I can’t drive.
好吧 好吧 孩子
All right, all right, boy.
抱歉
Sorry.
我不知道
I didn’t know.
我是有点太激动了
I get a bit worked up.
别哭了
Stop crying.
拜托…
Please…
请不要哭了
stop crying.
对了 我们找个地方 坐下喝杯茶吧
Look, let’s sit down and have a cup of tea.
来吧 我知道个好地方
Come on, I know a good place.
来吧
Come on.
我可以跟你走吗?
Can I come with you?
跟我走? 走去哪?