I’m very glad to have met you.
我很高兴认识你
We want Willie! We want Willie!
我们支持威利 我们支持威利
We want Willie! We want Willie!
我们支持威利 我们支持威利
Willie! Willie! We want Willie!
威利 威利 我们支持威利
Willie! Willie! We want Willie!
威利 威利 我们支持威利
This is not a time for speech-making.
现在并不是演讲的好时机
I should get on my knees and ask God
我应该双膝着地祈求上帝
to give me strength to carry out your will.
给我力量来实践你们的意志
This much I swear to you.
我向你们保证
These things you shall have.
你们应该拥有这些权利
NI’m going to build a hospital…
我打算建个医院…
the biggest that money can buy…
这是金钱所能发挥的最大效用…
and it will belong to you…
它将属于本州全体人♥民♥…
and any man, woman or child who is sick
任何男人女人小孩生病
or in pain can go through those doors,
或病痛都能进门
and know that everything will be done for them that man can do…
去求得治疗 治好疾病…
to heal sickness, to ease pain, free…
减轻痛苦 免费…
not as a charity, but as a right.
不是慈善救济 而是大家的权利
And it is your right. Do you hear me? It is your right!
这是你们的权利 你们听到了吗?
And it is your right that
同时让孩子们受教育
every child should have a complete education,
也是你们的权利
that any man who produces anything
任何人生产任何东西
can take it to market without paying toll,
都可以拿到市场卖♥♥
and no poor man’s land or farm
穷♥人♥的土地和农场
can be taxed or taken away from him.
不再承担重税的负担
And it is the right of the people
这是人♥民♥的权利
that they shall not be deprived of hope.
人♥民♥的希望绝不能受剥夺
Does he mean it, Jack? Does he?
杰克 他是真心的吗?
That’s his bribe.
那是他收买♥♥人心的手法
What if it is his bribe?
我在想这是不是一种收买♥♥?
He swept the old gang out of office.
他将政♥府♥里各派系都赶出去
What if they hollered like stuck pigs?
留下的都是对史塔克死忠的
He jammed through bill after bill,
他一个又一个法案强制着议会
and the people got what they wanted.
人们得到他们所想要的
I demand that this bill be passed!
我要求这个法案必须要通过
Nobody’s gonna tell me how to run this state.
没有人能告诉我如何治理本州
He started to build the roads, the schools, power dams…
他开始修筑马路 建立学校 大水库…
to change the face of the state from one end to the other.
改变本州的外貌
His methods? Politics is a dirty game,
他的方法? 政♥治♥则是下流的手法
and he played it rough and dirty.
他用强硬而黑暗的方法
Willie’s little black book was a record of sin and corruption,
威利的小黑皮记事簿是一本腐♥败♥黑暗的记录
and me, Jack Burden…
有我 杰克·波顿…
I kept the book and added up the accounts.
我保留了这本上面的记录
“Clown, show-off, playboy, ” they yelled at him,
尊位 自命不凡 花♥花♥公♥子♥都来
building football stadiums,
盖个橄榄球场
proud of his son who played in them.
威利很骄傲他儿子橄榄球的表现
He’s gonna be an all-American…
他会成为美国代表队的…
They said he was building up a private army,
他说他要建立私人的保安队
but he was building… always building.
但他仍在建造 一直在建造
Always playing up to the crowd,
总是设法要讨好大众
letting them trample on tradition.
让他活跃于传统的聚会
Well, tradition needed trampling on.
传统需要他的活跃
The crowds loved it and Willie loved it…
群众喜欢这一切 威利喜欢这一切…
and so did I.
我也喜欢
You lowdown, no-good redneck!
你再胡来下去好了
What goes on here?
这里怎么回事?
That’s what Sadie wants to know.
那正是萨迪想知道的
The boss poses for too many pictures.
老板照了太多照片了
I’ll kill him.
杀了她们
Why, Sadie, I’m surprised at you.
为什么? 萨迪 我没想到你会
I’ll kill him.
杀了她们
I hate all women!
我恨这些女人
Was she pretty?
她漂亮吗?
Was she pretty?
漂亮吗?
If I met her on the street, I’d never recognize her.
我只在街上遇到 还不认识
Was she pretty?
我问她漂亮吗?
How should I know? I wasn’t looking at her face.
我怎么知道? 又没看到她的脸
Look, if it’s gonna cause all this grief, let him go.
如果让你这么烦恼 你何不让他走
Let him go? I’ll kill him.
让他走? 我会杀了他
I’ll drive him outta this state.
我会把他赶出本州
Just because a guy’s
只因为他
sitting with a couple of girls on his knees in public…
坐在一堆女人的怀里…
Public or private, I know him.
公开或私下 我都认识他的人
How about what happened in Chicago… that girl on skates?
在芝加哥发生的事怎么说?
And the time you both went to St. Louis.
还有当你们一起去看路易丝时
There’s a new invention,
有些奇情的故事传出
you know, photography and newsreels.
照片和新闻报导都来了
Willie Stark in a nightclub.
威利·史塔克在夜♥总♥会♥
Willie Stark with a blonde.
威利·史塔克和金发美人
You could bleach your hair.
你每次都气得怒发冲冠
I could also break every bone in his neck.
我也可以拆散他的每一节骨头
After all I’ve done for him.
迟早我会做的
Now he goes two-timing me.
这是他的第二次了
He’s been two-timing Lucy,
如果他对你是第二次
so there’s another kind of arithmetic for what he’s doing to you.
那么他对露西的不知是第几次了
Lucy?
露西?
Lucy’s a fool.
露西是个傻子
If she had her way,
她等着他回家
he’d be back in Kanoma City slopping the hogs,
去和她拥抱
and he knows it.
而他也知道
He knows what she’d do for him.
你知道她对他所做的
She had her chance.
她太冒险了
You seem to think Lucy’s on her way out.
你的意思是她选错郎?
He’ll ditch her. Give him time.
你教她了?
You oughta know. Oh…
你又知道了 哦…
Hey, you got the wrong guy. I’m not the hero of this piece.
你找错人了 我可不是这类英雄
All right, come on, both of you. Let’s go.
走 快点
Hurry it up. Come on.
我们走了
Pillsbury put his hand in the pork barrel and got caught.
皮尔斯伯里吃钱被人发现了
You know, I never did trust that guy.
你知道我从未真正信任他
Later, boys, later.
晚点 晚点再来访问
Say, Jack, go back and get the judge.
杰克 你去接法官
Let’s get him over to my hotel as soon as you can.
尽快赶到我住的旅馆
I waited for you.
我一直在等你
Hello.
你好
You promised we could discuss my charity project…
你说过要和我讨论慈善计划的…
Children’s Home?
孩子们都在家吗?
Oh, I’m very sorry. Something very important came up.
我非常抱歉 有件很重要的事现在要处理
You’ll call me later, won’t you? Yes, certainly.
你晚点再打电♥话♥来好吗? 好的 当然可以
We’re late.
我们迟到了
Look at you, Pillsbury…
看看你 皮尔斯伯里…
50 years old, gut-sprung, teeth gone, never had a dime.
五十岁 白发苍苍 牙齿松动仍身无分文
If the Almighty had intended you to be rich,
我早该注意到
he’d have taken care of that a long time ago.
让你能够有钱一点
The idea of you bein’ rich… that’s plain blasphemy.
想欺骗我突然变得有钱
Ain’t that a fact? Answer me! Yes.
这是不是事实吗? 回答我 是的
Louder, man! Don’t mumble!
大声点 别低语
Speak up! Say it’s a fact, a blasphemous fact!
说这是事实
It’s a fact. It’s a blasphemous fact!
想欺骗你是事实
Yeah? Oh. I see.
是的 我知道了
Dumond can’t come. He says his wife is sick.
杜蒙德不能来 他太太生病了
I don’t care if she’s dyin’. Sugar, get the car.
我不管她是不是要死了 矮个去叫部车
Get him and bring him over here.
用车把他载来这儿
Now you know what you’re supposed to do, don’t you, Pillsbury?
你知道你要做些什么吗 皮尔斯伯里?
You’re supposed to stay poor and take orders.
你仍旧是这可怜样 服从命令
Oh, there’ll be some sweetening for you from time to time,
或许有些轻松的事给你做
but Duffy’ll take care of that.
达菲会负责
Don’t go settin’ yourself up on your own again.
年纪大了该安排自己了
Do you understand that?
你明白了吗?
Yes. Louder, man, and say “I understand that.”
是的 大声点 说你明白

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!